1200 Anastasia Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.biltmorehotel.com/
- Phone: (305) 445-1926 ext. 2418
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:0pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm. Open until late.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Gregory Pugin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area
- Private Party Facilities: Two private rooms available for special events, one outfitted with plasma screen television.
A word from Palme d'Or
The Biltmore’s chic, signature restaurant presents one of the finest dining experiences in America. Highly personal cuisine combining impeccable worldly artisanal products and modern French techniques. Patrons can custom-design their own dining experience around the 20-plus offered “tasting” plates and award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Palme d'Or - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Palme d'Or reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (69)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (46)neighborhood gem (17)scenic view (9)good for groups (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent Gastronomic sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I was concerned because of the recent change of head chef's but my concern was miss placed. Excellent service high lighted the fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Gourmet DiningCLWeinVIPDined on 11/22/2014prix fixe $105 5 course ($135 7 course) tasting menu provides opportunity to sample a variety of taste combinations. Traditional white tablecloth service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD and SERVICElizelaVIPDined on 11/15/2014WE ALWAYS ENJOY THE GOURMET EXPERIENCE, FOOD IS AMAZING, AND VERY ARTISTIC SHOWING PLATES, VERY ELEGANTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing night!FrenchieDined on 11/8/2014The food is simply marvelous. We took the five courses menu (the servings are small so you won't be overstuffed) and each dish was a work of art. I especially appreciated the lobster and the sea urchin. And they have real cheese, which is an amazing surprise. I defenitely recommend going there for a special occasion. The service is perfect and it's pretty calm.Special Features:
- Birthday weekSteveVIPDined on 11/8/2014Dined at Palm D'Or for birthday week while in Coral Gables. Beautiful setting in Biltmore Hotel and we had a great table with a view of the pool area. Romantic setting for the five course meal which included lobster; escargot; salmon; filet of buffalo; and desert. Good value at $105 each. Great selection of champagnes including our favorite, Palm d'Or, the top vintage of Nicolas Feuillette. Most wines and champagnes were reasonably priced like about 200% from wine store price except for the Palm d'Or which was over 300% at $350 per bottle, so we selected a moderate champagne and it was excellently served to keep it coming yet make it last through all five courses.Special Features:
- Classic...FoodieJADined on 11/1/2014Every now and then you want something classic and elegant... Palm d"Or is just that... Old school elegance. Everything about this restaurant is tasteful... The staff is knowledgeable and friendly - not at all stuffy. My husband and i celebrated his birthday here... we opted for the 5 course tasting menu. Our wait staff was great... we got great recommendations on both food choices and wine. A very memorable night.Special Features:
- We love Palm d'OrOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We live close by and sometimes forget it is there. It's always great going back. Excellent food, service ambiance. We love it.Special Features:
- Excellentfrancisco2prVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is among my favorite restaurants anywhere. The 5 course tasting menu is excellent and reasonably priced, for what you get.Special Features:
- SuperbeGastronomieDined on 9/27/2014It was a true dining experience at Palme D'or. The food, the service, the ambiance were a true delight. I would definitely go back and recommend this place to those who really can appreciate fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World ElegancechicagosueVIPDined on 9/27/2014Truly a gem. Patrick oversees every detail in the room -- service, food, ambiance. This is one of the top restaurants we have eaten in since moving to Miami 7 years ago. The quality, the presentation, the service are truly 5 star. Go if you possibly can. It is well worth it!Special Features:
- Always excellent....southfloridatransplantVIPDined on 9/27/2014...in all respects. Dined from Miami Spice menu and experienced same high food quality and service that we enjoy when splurging on the tasting menu. Not one item that we tasted was disappointing; wonderful flavors and gorgeous presentations. Elegant dining room but staff are not stuffy- everyone greets and serves warmly. Definitely feel special while you are there. Bonus: we totally forgot to ask but two different servers asked for our parking ticket so that it could be validated for lower rate. Truly exceptional restaurant.
- bemolDined on 9/26/2014One of the best, if not the best French restaurant in town...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Overrated!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/26/2014We were expecting to be blown away from the reviews but that just wasn't the case. Exceedingly small portions (smaller than average for tasting menus), overly expensive & average food. From having our waiter strongly suggest we do the 5 course menu vs. the Miami Spice menu to the specialty house bread coming after the first course, we were disappointed. When the maitre d' asked how our meal was & we told him it was fine, he was surprised. We explained that we have experienced some amazing meals so this was just ok - his comment was that we were "one of those". We can only assume he meant "one of those who has experienced truly outstanding food & isn't swayed by fancy French ingredients, artistically presented-we won't be going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Excellent. A bit small on the portions however we did Miami spice so it was affordable.Special Features:
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014We had diner at the Palme d'Or. We had the Miami Spice menu which allow people to enjoy a great diner at a High rated restaurant for a good price. When we arrived, we were blown away by the ambiance, the decoration. We definitely had sparkles in our eyes entering the restaurant. The service was more than wonderful and we felt like stars. We absolutely had to mention the bread that they serve during the diner which is a delight! The food was very good as well as the presentation of the dishes. We had a wonderful night.Special Features:
- Top-notch service, beautiful roomYummyVIPDined on 9/25/2014The Palme D'or is an absolutely exquisite restaurant with super attentive service. Any young couple seeking a romantic night out can count on the Palme D'or to deliver. The food itself is very good. It is beautifully presented, prepared from high quality ingredients and it is as complex as one would expect in any fine French restaurant. That said, it also seems somewhat "old school," despite its nouveau appellation. Young folks seeking to be "blown away" should head elsewhere, but young folks seeking a serious out-of-the-ordinary experience might just have some fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014The dining experience at this restaurant was one of the best we have ever encountered. The Miami spice menu was very varied and excellent quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selectionivanVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great selection of menu items for Miami Spice and geat alternatives.Special Features:
- outstanding details servicescedricDined on 9/10/2014We went to dinner with my wife and our 2 children's for our anniversary. Everything was perfect . I recommend this restaurant. I work in the restaurant industry for 14 years and trust me is not usual to find a place like that Thanks again to the entire team of the palme d'or.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRspringflaDined on 9/9/2014Expected a wonderful experience. Reality was much better Well trained chef and staff delivered in spades Over the past 50 years, we traveled the world in search of outstanding food and wines. Palme d'or has been added to the short list of the best of the best! Congratulations to all that made it happenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOutwithfriendsDined on 9/6/2014The food was very good, the appetizers, the main entrée and the desserts. I had the escargots for appetizer and they were superb. Good wine list. Very good and friendly service. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/6/2014We dined here for Miami Spice and the meal was superb...Haven't been back since Phillip Ruiz left the kitchen, but glad we went. Both food and service were outstanding. We added the cheese cart to our dinner....Haven't had such wonderful cheeses out of Europe. We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- PERFECTION ON A PLATE!!!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Expensive, but worth every penny. We've dined at some of the finest restaurants in the country (and in many other parts of the world) and it just doesn't get any better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014The food was first rate. My first course was the langoustine with caviar, perfectly cooked an all flavors balanced to perfection. Next was the sea urchin with Alaska king crab - magnificent. The time between the first and second course was unacceptably long but the maître offered us a 20% discount to compensate. Classy treatment not usually seen in many restaurants. Then came the Branzino, perfectly cooked fish and accompanied with beautifully balanced broth and veggies. Lastly the Kobe beef, somewhat expensive ($60 supplement.). My wife ordered the buffalo beef which was a better choice. The cheese plate for dessert was an excellent choice. Would go back any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and amazing serviceCcandDined on 9/4/2014The staff at this upscale restaurant couldn't be friendlier. I had a great time even though we were there for Miami Spice and we basically eating out of the "value menu". Most restaurants look down at you when you ask for the Miami Spice menu, but here they were just as enthused to serve you! I had one of the best experiences at a Miami restaurant and the food reminded me of Paris, which always goes over well with me.Special Features:
- Great Miami Spice menuivanVIPDined on 9/3/2014The menu prepared to celebrate Miami Spice event was extraordinary.Special Features:
- ExcellentDanielDined on 9/3/2014Excellent Miami Spice Menu with reasonable portions. I have also ordered from the regular Chefs Menu and it very good. Compliments to the Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelDined on 8/30/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary there. The staff was very accommodating and went beyond to make sure it was a very special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Miami Spice Delight...luv2dineDined on 8/28/2014What can we say other than perfect? Perfect food served by a friendly, experienced wait staff, and a truly spectacular "old world" setting. One of the very best restaurants in the Miami area, and a sure way to impress visiting friends or family who appreciate excellence in dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticChf1Dined on 8/23/2014We went with another couple. We really enjoyed it. Portions are miniscule, so, do not go hungry. One goes to taste the flavor of the food! Music was very loud when we arrived at 6:30 pm. We asked them to turn it down and they did immediately. Otherwise, very nice. They could increase the portion size!!Special Features:
- ExcelenteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Comida francesa correctamente ejecutada, excelente presentación El beef tratar , luego sea Bass y finalmente chocolate mousse y tabla de quesos harían una perfecta cena La carta de vinos amplia y a precios correctosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!Greeneyze10VIPDined on 8/16/2014My first dining experience and will not be my last! Jason was one of several servers taking great pride in his position as our server! From the phenomenal breads served to my cup of coffee, Palm d'Or is the place for a great evening of elegance and excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant, Refined, ExquisiteDestinVIPDined on 8/16/2014Palme d'Or delivers a superior level of sophisticated professional service with exquisitely elegant and refined ambiance in the charming romantic old world-style setting of the Biltmore. Every facet of service is absolutely excellent. The food is simply fantastic and complimented by a nearly limitless wine list. Perfect for those truly special occasions when you hope to make memories to treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014Celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary and cancelled a reservation at another restaurant in favor of Palm d'Or. Although the food was good, the service was quite lacking, at best, particularly Patrick. They refuse to even attempt to accommodate any request without making you feel as if they are doing you the biggest favor in the world. And then, they actually ignore your request. Mine was simple: Avoid butter. It's never a problem at any restaurant, even French ones (I was told, "don't go to a French restaurant then"). They also no longer have the wine pairing option allegedly because they are offering the Spice Menu. Irrelevant, since we were not having the Spice Menu but so we were told! Sad because the setting's beautiful.
- BrianDined on 8/9/2014The beef tartare was delicious. The Hamachi appetizer was outstanding. The foie gras ravioli was delicious. The breast of duck and very good. The Coquilles St. Jacques was not traditional but outstanding. The deserts were nice. An excellent wine list. The Chateau Gombaude-Guillot was an excellent choice. The service is second to none. Very nice atmosphere. If you have not dined at Palme d'Or then Miami Spice is the perfect time for a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceEddtwoVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a very nice and elegant restaurant inside of the Biltmore hotel with a average ambience, good tasting menu and great service. It is a expensive place but I think is nice to celebrate special ocassion. What they really have to improve is the ambience, looks very old and is the same place they use for brunch on Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall an excellent experienceLocalDinerDined on 8/7/2014We were two couples that wanted to enjoy a top notch dining experience and we got it. Everything ran very smoothly. From the traffice ease of getting to the Biltmore, to having drinks casually at the bar beforehand. Our service by waiter, busboy, sommelier, was excellent. Would definitely recommend it. Be aware that it's not cheap but for what you get it's not expensive either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost excellentSWMWVIPDined on 8/7/2014The quality of the food and service are excellent. The Miami Spice menu is not worth the $39, as the 1st and main course portions are very, very small. Upon arrival to the restaurant we nearly turned and walked away when the hostess totally ignored us (nothing but an empty stare). Glad we didn't leave because the excellent wait staff made up for the forgettable first impression. Stick to what Palme d'Or does best and skip the Miami Spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not romanticLoudtableDined on 8/7/2014That my wife and I could have a nice quiet romantic dinner, but unfortunately we had a very loud 2 person table next to us. You would think the host would have noticed and said something. That's how loud they were.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RTseVIPDined on 8/5/2014This is the perfect romantic French restaurant. It is like something out of the movies. The service is flawless; formal yet friendly. The food is delicious.Special Features: