1200 Anastasia Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.biltmorehotel.com/
- Phone: 3054451926x2418
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:0pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm. Open until late.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Gregory Pugin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area
- Private Party Facilities: Two private rooms available for special events, one outfitted with plasma screen television.
A word from Palme d'Or
The Biltmore’s chic, signature restaurant presents one of the finest dining experiences in America. Highly personal cuisine combining impeccable worldly artisanal products and modern French techniques. Patrons can custom-design their own dining experience around the 20-plus offered “tasting” plates and award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Palme d'Or - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Palme d'Or reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (70)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (13)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- One of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014The dining experience at this restaurant was one of the best we have ever encountered. The Miami spice menu was very varied and excellent quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selectionivanVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great selection of menu items for Miami Spice and geat alternatives.Special Features:
- outstanding details servicescedricDined on 9/10/2014We went to dinner with my wife and our 2 children's for our anniversary. Everything was perfect . I recommend this restaurant. I work in the restaurant industry for 14 years and trust me is not usual to find a place like that Thanks again to the entire team of the palme d'or.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRspringflaDined on 9/9/2014Expected a wonderful experience. Reality was much better Well trained chef and staff delivered in spades Over the past 50 years, we traveled the world in search of outstanding food and wines. Palme d'or has been added to the short list of the best of the best! Congratulations to all that made it happenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOutwithfriendsDined on 9/6/2014The food was very good, the appetizers, the main entrée and the desserts. I had the escargots for appetizer and they were superb. Good wine list. Very good and friendly service. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Superb!DisappointingVIPDined on 9/6/2014We dined here for Miami Spice and the meal was superb...Haven't been back since Phillip Ruiz left the kitchen, but glad we went. Both food and service were outstanding. We added the cheese cart to our dinner....Haven't had such wonderful cheeses out of Europe. We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- PERFECTION ON A PLATE!!!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Expensive, but worth every penny. We've dined at some of the finest restaurants in the country (and in many other parts of the world) and it just doesn't get any better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014The food was first rate. My first course was the langoustine with caviar, perfectly cooked an all flavors balanced to perfection. Next was the sea urchin with Alaska king crab - magnificent. The time between the first and second course was unacceptably long but the maître offered us a 20% discount to compensate. Classy treatment not usually seen in many restaurants. Then came the Branzino, perfectly cooked fish and accompanied with beautifully balanced broth and veggies. Lastly the Kobe beef, somewhat expensive ($60 supplement.). My wife ordered the buffalo beef which was a better choice. The cheese plate for dessert was an excellent choice. Would go back any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and amazing serviceCcandDined on 9/4/2014The staff at this upscale restaurant couldn't be friendlier. I had a great time even though we were there for Miami Spice and we basically eating out of the "value menu". Most restaurants look down at you when you ask for the Miami Spice menu, but here they were just as enthused to serve you! I had one of the best experiences at a Miami restaurant and the food reminded me of Paris, which always goes over well with me.Special Features:
- Great Miami Spice menuivanVIPDined on 9/3/2014The menu prepared to celebrate Miami Spice event was extraordinary.Special Features:
- ExcellentDanielDined on 9/3/2014Excellent Miami Spice Menu with reasonable portions. I have also ordered from the regular Chefs Menu and it very good. Compliments to the Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelDined on 8/30/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary there. The staff was very accommodating and went beyond to make sure it was a very special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Miami Spice Delight...luv2dineDined on 8/28/2014What can we say other than perfect? Perfect food served by a friendly, experienced wait staff, and a truly spectacular "old world" setting. One of the very best restaurants in the Miami area, and a sure way to impress visiting friends or family who appreciate excellence in dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticChf1Dined on 8/23/2014We went with another couple. We really enjoyed it. Portions are miniscule, so, do not go hungry. One goes to taste the flavor of the food! Music was very loud when we arrived at 6:30 pm. We asked them to turn it down and they did immediately. Otherwise, very nice. They could increase the portion size!!Special Features:
- ExcelenteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Comida francesa correctamente ejecutada, excelente presentación El beef tratar , luego sea Bass y finalmente chocolate mousse y tabla de quesos harían una perfecta cena La carta de vinos amplia y a precios correctosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!Greeneyze10VIPDined on 8/16/2014My first dining experience and will not be my last! Jason was one of several servers taking great pride in his position as our server! From the phenomenal breads served to my cup of coffee, Palm d'Or is the place for a great evening of elegance and excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant, Refined, ExquisiteDestinVIPDined on 8/16/2014Palme d'Or delivers a superior level of sophisticated professional service with exquisitely elegant and refined ambiance in the charming romantic old world-style setting of the Biltmore. Every facet of service is absolutely excellent. The food is simply fantastic and complimented by a nearly limitless wine list. Perfect for those truly special occasions when you hope to make memories to treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014Celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary and cancelled a reservation at another restaurant in favor of Palm d'Or. Although the food was good, the service was quite lacking, at best, particularly Patrick. They refuse to even attempt to accommodate any request without making you feel as if they are doing you the biggest favor in the world. And then, they actually ignore your request. Mine was simple: Avoid butter. It's never a problem at any restaurant, even French ones (I was told, "don't go to a French restaurant then"). They also no longer have the wine pairing option allegedly because they are offering the Spice Menu. Irrelevant, since we were not having the Spice Menu but so we were told! Sad because the setting's beautiful.
- BrianDined on 8/9/2014The beef tartare was delicious. The Hamachi appetizer was outstanding. The foie gras ravioli was delicious. The breast of duck and very good. The Coquilles St. Jacques was not traditional but outstanding. The deserts were nice. An excellent wine list. The Chateau Gombaude-Guillot was an excellent choice. The service is second to none. Very nice atmosphere. If you have not dined at Palme d'Or then Miami Spice is the perfect time for a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceEddtwoVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a very nice and elegant restaurant inside of the Biltmore hotel with a average ambience, good tasting menu and great service. It is a expensive place but I think is nice to celebrate special ocassion. What they really have to improve is the ambience, looks very old and is the same place they use for brunch on Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall an excellent experienceLocalDinerDined on 8/7/2014We were two couples that wanted to enjoy a top notch dining experience and we got it. Everything ran very smoothly. From the traffice ease of getting to the Biltmore, to having drinks casually at the bar beforehand. Our service by waiter, busboy, sommelier, was excellent. Would definitely recommend it. Be aware that it's not cheap but for what you get it's not expensive either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost excellentSWMWDined on 8/7/2014The quality of the food and service are excellent. The Miami Spice menu is not worth the $39, as the 1st and main course portions are very, very small. Upon arrival to the restaurant we nearly turned and walked away when the hostess totally ignored us (nothing but an empty stare). Glad we didn't leave because the excellent wait staff made up for the forgettable first impression. Stick to what Palme d'Or does best and skip the Miami Spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not romanticLoudtableDined on 8/7/2014That my wife and I could have a nice quiet romantic dinner, but unfortunately we had a very loud 2 person table next to us. You would think the host would have noticed and said something. That's how loud they were.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RTseVIPDined on 8/5/2014This is the perfect romantic French restaurant. It is like something out of the movies. The service is flawless; formal yet friendly. The food is delicious.Special Features:
- UnbelievableRudyVIPDined on 8/5/2014I've eaten at Palmd'Or several times in the past. I decided to try the Miami Spice menu. It's absolutely amazing. Same great food, deliciously prepared as the standard menu. It's clearly the best meal in Miami. The value of the Miami Spice menu is unbelievable. If you love good food, artfully prepared by masters, this us the place. The wait staff and management are flawless. Knowledgable and attentive without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic treasureSteveDined on 8/2/2014After feeling that the food and service were terrific and the overall evening was terrifc, I couldn't help to take away a star. The pre-dinner cocktail at the bar, while very romatic felt a bit weird since we were the only ones in the bar. My girlfriend thorughly enjoyed her meal. Mine was good, but truthfully I think they might have brought me the wrong dish. I ordered the Bouillabaisse. If it was the classic french fish stew...my plate would have been the deconstructed version...the version without the liquid. It truly was delicious, but I didn't want to mar the evening by shouting "Where's the Soup?" We'd definitely go back...although next time, I'll probably ask more questions about the dish that I order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuceDined on 8/1/2014Miami spice menu did not have sea bass as advertised I am allergic to shell fish so I was limited to the duck it was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Falls just short of notableSpoiledrottenDined on 8/1/2014The food is good, with the French inspired dishes demonstrating high quality ingredients and creativity. Presentation is perfect. However, for the price I have been spoiled by better techniques and flavor combinations. The fish courses were all disappointing, and when I asked about seasoning on a dish I was told it was not spicy only to find the opposite. The main dishes were excellent but I left wishing I had ordered from the cheaper Miami spice menu, having instead chosen the 5 course option and been satisfied by only 3.The menu is not really innovative enough to be called noveau cuisine nor classic enough to honor French traditions . It was not enough to use great techniques and ingredients, the dishes lacked the spirit of gourmet food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLeoFineaterDined on 7/30/2014The experience is great...alway a good place to go with important peoples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticHappyfamilyDined on 7/25/2014Great place to celebrate with the person you love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm d'Or Chef's MenuRobinDined on 7/25/2014We took guests to dinner and had the Chef's menu paired with the suggested wines. The food was fabulous, the wines were excellent and the service was outstanding. However, when we received the bill the gratuity had always been included in the past, as we pay with our Biltmore Premiere Club card. Therefore I did not add in a gratuity as I assumed it was included and the wait staff approached me before leaving the restaurant and said the tip was not included. When such a major policy change is implemented, it should be pointed out when the check is presented. This really took me by surprise and it was embarrassing for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Were we in Intensive Care?EversharpVIPDined on 7/23/2014I have never eaten at a restaurant with so many staff hovering over me at every moment, as if I was going to have a stroke at the table! This was supposed to be a romantic evening, but every time I tried to whisper something to my date, one of the servers rushed over and asked if everything was OK. If it weren't so funny, I would have been furious. In addition, the prix fixe menu was 100 bucks a head, and each portion was the size of tablespoon at best. We started joking about going to McDonalds afterwards because we were so hungry! Solution: 1. Teach the staff the difference between being attentive and intrusive, 2. Double the portion size so diners have a chance to really enjoy what were great creations but starvation portions...Special Features:
- Perfect Meal Guaranteed!FoodAdventurerDined on 7/16/2014The service, the food, the ambience... nothing less than PERFECT! Each course exceeded my every expectation. The foie gras was my personal favorite! Be prepared to be AMAZED!!Special Features:
- Service not up to parAlexDined on 6/26/2014I brought my own wine who had been waiting to be opened for two years. The waiter wanted to serve it directly without using a decanter or letting it breath. He had no idea, and did not care to ask, what we were drinking. Were charged a $30 corkage fee regardless. I've been to similar restaurants where the wine has been treated way better and have ended up not paying the published fee. Food is good but felt rushed through the whole experience. Don't think I would go again.Special Features:
- Lauren6612Dined on 6/21/2014Absolutely wonderful experience. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNL2014Dined on 6/20/2014I'm embarrassed to say that I'm late writing this review because we had a wonderful meal at Palme d'Or. The food was exquisite and the service was absolutely impeccable. I'm spurred to write this now just having had a very mediocre dining experience at a New York restaurant which might class itself in the same league but was deeply mediocre in comparison.Special Features:
- always a culinary experienceOwooblyVIPDined on 6/18/2014it's romantic. the service is impeccable, and the food is divine!Special Features:
- Babas1y2Dined on 6/14/2014I strongly recommed this restaurant for food lovers...pricey ,but very much WORTH IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything perfect but the foodslymiamiDined on 6/7/2014We are BIG fans of "tasting menus" . Have had several experiences in Miami's Zuma & St Regis and N.Y's Jean Georges and 11 Madison. At $135.00 a person the tasting menu at Palme D'Or was more like a series of 6 unremarkable Hors d'oeuvres, then an over the top light show of a dessert with an ice bowl that changes colors. Nothing stands out as a star or incredibly delicious, except for the small home made rolls served at the beginning. Maybe it was an "off night". This restaurant is very good when one orders from the Prix Fixe menu but they need to work on the tasting menu. However, the setting is spectacular, the service impeccable.Special Features:
- The following 455 reviews are from the Palme d'Or reviews archive.
- AnniversaryKurt1459Dined on 5/24/2014The experience was exactly what I would expect from the beautiful historic Biltmore Hotel. Portion sizes were typical of Nuevo cuisine, but all the flavors were just amazing. The Foie Gras Poelle was amazing! Patrick the manager was so informative and knowledgable as well as our server Eddie. I look forward to our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.