1200 Anastasia Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.biltmorehotel.com/
- Phone: 3054451926x2418
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:0pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm. Open until late.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Gregory Pugin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area
- Private Party Facilities: Two private rooms available for special events, one outfitted with plasma screen television.
A word from Palme d'Or
The Biltmore’s chic, signature restaurant presents one of the finest dining experiences in America. Highly personal cuisine combining impeccable worldly artisanal products and modern French techniques. Patrons can custom-design their own dining experience around the 20-plus offered “tasting” plates and award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Palme d'Or - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Palme d'Or reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (46)special occasion (46)notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (24)scenic view (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We went with another couple. We really enjoyed it. Portions are miniscule, so, do not go hungry. One goes to taste the flavor of the food! Music was very loud when we arrived at 6:30 pm. We asked them to turn it down and they did immediately. Otherwise, very nice. They could increase the portion size!!Special Features:
- ExcelenteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Comida francesa correctamente ejecutada, excelente presentación El beef tratar , luego sea Bass y finalmente chocolate mousse y tabla de quesos harían una perfecta cena La carta de vinos amplia y a precios correctosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!Greeneyze10VIPDined on 8/16/2014My first dining experience and will not be my last! Jason was one of several servers taking great pride in his position as our server! From the phenomenal breads served to my cup of coffee, Palm d'Or is the place for a great evening of elegance and excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014Celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary and cancelled a reservation at another restaurant in favor of Palm d'Or. Although the food was good, the service was quite lacking, at best, particularly Patrick. They refuse to even attempt to accommodate any request without making you feel as if they are doing you the biggest favor in the world. And then, they actually ignore your request. Mine was simple: Avoid butter. It's never a problem at any restaurant, even French ones (I was told, "don't go to a French restaurant then"). They also no longer have the wine pairing option allegedly because they are offering the Spice Menu. Irrelevant, since we were not having the Spice Menu but so we were told! Sad because the setting's beautiful.
- BrianDined on 8/9/2014The beef tartare was delicious. The Hamachi appetizer was outstanding. The foie gras ravioli was delicious. The breast of duck and very good. The Coquilles St. Jacques was not traditional but outstanding. The deserts were nice. An excellent wine list. The Chateau Gombaude-Guillot was an excellent choice. The service is second to none. Very nice atmosphere. If you have not dined at Palme d'Or then Miami Spice is the perfect time for a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceEddtwoVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a very nice and elegant restaurant inside of the Biltmore hotel with a average ambience, good tasting menu and great service. It is a expensive place but I think is nice to celebrate special ocassion. What they really have to improve is the ambience, looks very old and is the same place they use for brunch on Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall an excellent experienceLocalDinerDined on 8/7/2014We were two couples that wanted to enjoy a top notch dining experience and we got it. Everything ran very smoothly. From the traffice ease of getting to the Biltmore, to having drinks casually at the bar beforehand. Our service by waiter, busboy, sommelier, was excellent. Would definitely recommend it. Be aware that it's not cheap but for what you get it's not expensive either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost excellentSWMWDined on 8/7/2014The quality of the food and service are excellent. The Miami Spice menu is not worth the $39, as the 1st and main course portions are very, very small. Upon arrival to the restaurant we nearly turned and walked away when the hostess totally ignored us (nothing but an empty stare). Glad we didn't leave because the excellent wait staff made up for the forgettable first impression. Stick to what Palme d'Or does best and skip the Miami Spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not romanticLoudtableDined on 8/7/2014That my wife and I could have a nice quiet romantic dinner, but unfortunately we had a very loud 2 person table next to us. You would think the host would have noticed and said something. That's how loud they were.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableRudyVIPDined on 8/5/2014I've eaten at Palmd'Or several times in the past. I decided to try the Miami Spice menu. It's absolutely amazing. Same great food, deliciously prepared as the standard menu. It's clearly the best meal in Miami. The value of the Miami Spice menu is unbelievable. If you love good food, artfully prepared by masters, this us the place. The wait staff and management are flawless. Knowledgable and attentive without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic treasureSteveDined on 8/2/2014After feeling that the food and service were terrific and the overall evening was terrifc, I couldn't help to take away a star. The pre-dinner cocktail at the bar, while very romatic felt a bit weird since we were the only ones in the bar. My girlfriend thorughly enjoyed her meal. Mine was good, but truthfully I think they might have brought me the wrong dish. I ordered the Bouillabaisse. If it was the classic french fish stew...my plate would have been the deconstructed version...the version without the liquid. It truly was delicious, but I didn't want to mar the evening by shouting "Where's the Soup?" We'd definitely go back...although next time, I'll probably ask more questions about the dish that I order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuceDined on 8/1/2014Miami spice menu did not have sea bass as advertised I am allergic to shell fish so I was limited to the duck it was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Falls just short of notableSpoiledrottenDined on 8/1/2014The food is good, with the French inspired dishes demonstrating high quality ingredients and creativity. Presentation is perfect. However, for the price I have been spoiled by better techniques and flavor combinations. The fish courses were all disappointing, and when I asked about seasoning on a dish I was told it was not spicy only to find the opposite. The main dishes were excellent but I left wishing I had ordered from the cheaper Miami spice menu, having instead chosen the 5 course option and been satisfied by only 3.The menu is not really innovative enough to be called noveau cuisine nor classic enough to honor French traditions . It was not enough to use great techniques and ingredients, the dishes lacked the spirit of gourmet food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLeoFineaterDined on 7/30/2014The experience is great...alway a good place to go with important peoples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticHappyfamilyDined on 7/25/2014Great place to celebrate with the person you love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm d'Or Chef's MenuRobinDined on 7/25/2014We took guests to dinner and had the Chef's menu paired with the suggested wines. The food was fabulous, the wines were excellent and the service was outstanding. However, when we received the bill the gratuity had always been included in the past, as we pay with our Biltmore Premiere Club card. Therefore I did not add in a gratuity as I assumed it was included and the wait staff approached me before leaving the restaurant and said the tip was not included. When such a major policy change is implemented, it should be pointed out when the check is presented. This really took me by surprise and it was embarrassing for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Were we in Intensive Care?EversharpVIPDined on 7/23/2014I have never eaten at a restaurant with so many staff hovering over me at every moment, as if I was going to have a stroke at the table! This was supposed to be a romantic evening, but every time I tried to whisper something to my date, one of the servers rushed over and asked if everything was OK. If it weren't so funny, I would have been furious. In addition, the prix fixe menu was 100 bucks a head, and each portion was the size of tablespoon at best. We started joking about going to McDonalds afterwards because we were so hungry! Solution: 1. Teach the staff the difference between being attentive and intrusive, 2. Double the portion size so diners have a chance to really enjoy what were great creations but starvation portions...Special Features:
- Perfect Meal Guaranteed!FoodAdventurerDined on 7/16/2014The service, the food, the ambience... nothing less than PERFECT! Each course exceeded my every expectation. The foie gras was my personal favorite! Be prepared to be AMAZED!!Special Features:
- Service not up to parAlexDined on 6/26/2014I brought my own wine who had been waiting to be opened for two years. The waiter wanted to serve it directly without using a decanter or letting it breath. He had no idea, and did not care to ask, what we were drinking. Were charged a $30 corkage fee regardless. I've been to similar restaurants where the wine has been treated way better and have ended up not paying the published fee. Food is good but felt rushed through the whole experience. Don't think I would go again.Special Features:
- Lauren6612Dined on 6/21/2014Absolutely wonderful experience. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNL2014Dined on 6/20/2014I'm embarrassed to say that I'm late writing this review because we had a wonderful meal at Palme d'Or. The food was exquisite and the service was absolutely impeccable. I'm spurred to write this now just having had a very mediocre dining experience at a New York restaurant which might class itself in the same league but was deeply mediocre in comparison.Special Features:
- always a culinary experienceOwooblyVIPDined on 6/18/2014it's romantic. the service is impeccable, and the food is divine!Special Features:
- Babas1y2Dined on 6/14/2014I strongly recommed this restaurant for food lovers...pricey ,but very much WORTH IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything perfect but the foodslymiamiDined on 6/7/2014We are BIG fans of "tasting menus" . Have had several experiences in Miami's Zuma & St Regis and N.Y's Jean Georges and 11 Madison. At $135.00 a person the tasting menu at Palme D'Or was more like a series of 6 unremarkable Hors d'oeuvres, then an over the top light show of a dessert with an ice bowl that changes colors. Nothing stands out as a star or incredibly delicious, except for the small home made rolls served at the beginning. Maybe it was an "off night". This restaurant is very good when one orders from the Prix Fixe menu but they need to work on the tasting menu. However, the setting is spectacular, the service impeccable.Special Features:
- AnniversaryKurt1459Dined on 5/24/2014The experience was exactly what I would expect from the beautiful historic Biltmore Hotel. Portion sizes were typical of Nuevo cuisine, but all the flavors were just amazing. The Foie Gras Poelle was amazing! Patrick the manager was so informative and knowledgable as well as our server Eddie. I look forward to our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for special occasionsfoodfrogDined on 5/7/2014We went for our 21st wedding anniversary. Chose the seven course menu with wine pairings. It was very good, definitely worth the price, but i am not sure if I would go back, which for me means it didn't blow me away. The ambience was a little formal, but hey we are looking at a French restaurant, right? My favorite part: dessert was served in a bowl made of ice...very cool!Special Features:
- Best for food in MiamibemolDined on 5/2/2014First time I was returning to "Palme d'Or" after the departure of Philippe Ruiz left the boat. Great diner, fantastic food. I would not hesitate to say and write, the best food in Miami. Can easily challenge the best in NYC and even in Europe... Service is outstanding too, nothing to complain. Great experience, will return soon to confirm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 452 reviews are from the Palme d'Or reviews archive.
- exquisite foodloulouDined on 5/1/2014We LOVE this restaurant & go to it for all special our occasions & my son also takes his clients dining here. This time we had to pleasure to bring our grandson to celebrate my husbands birthday w/ the family. When I made the reservation I specified that we would have a baby w/ us. We were called (I suppose by the hostess) when we were on our way to the restaurant & she told us that the restaurant is not at all baby friendly & that the manager would have to discuss us bringing the baby in. They were very ugly about the baby over the phone. Once we got there though they were friendly w/ us & w/ the baby. We had a wonderful visit w/ Patrick & the wine & cuisine are over the top exquisite but we were disappointed w/ the reaction to the baby.Special Features:
- Best food in MiamiRudyVIPDined on 4/29/2014The service, ambience and food are magnificent. The servers are knowledgable and passionate. The food is the best I've found in Miami anywhere. A few years back that was not the case. This Chef is amazing. It compares to the finest in NYC and that's saying something.Special Features:
- Excellent service!FancyFoodieDined on 4/24/2014The service was excellent and the ambiance was very romantic for my husband and I. We were celebrating our 10th year wedding anniversary their attention to detail was superb. The maître'D is very attentive to every guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5MikeVIPDined on 4/22/2014Having eaten at all types of places over my 51 years I was Very Impressed with the service and seven course meal. We dined for three enjoyable hours and have only a wonderful memory with no idea how it could have been better. We look forward to a return trip to the beautiful Biltmore and its excellent restaurant. Great work!!!Special Features:
- Truly MemorableJimmy134Dined on 4/22/2014"Outstanding" does not fully describe the food and the experience. The restaurant and Biltmore setting gives one the impression that you have been transported to Europe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal!happypapiDined on 4/17/2014I had heard some whispering a about this place, but since our trips here usually are centered around South Beach, I hadn't given the hotel and its restaurant much thought. I finally decided to pull the trigger, so we got a baby sitter and came out to the hotel. The grounds are fantastic, and vividly showcase the "classic" Miami and key West from the thirties and forties. The service was impeccable and friendly. Usually food this good comes with a bit of intimidation, but the staff was incredibly friendly running the gamut from the waiter all the way to the Maître D'. We are DEFINITELY coming back. That tasting menu is making me hungry as I write thisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good value.BroncoVIPDined on 4/16/2014This restaurant, although a great venue and a very nice setting, continues with the multi course dining method, which is getting tiresome and quite expensive. The five course dinner, the smallest one, runs $105 per person. Add in corkage for wine brought from home, coffee, tax and gratuity, and you're at about $170 per person. Thesr are many other area restaurants with better, more conventional food selection, at much lower prices. Once a year at most here.
- Exceptional ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/5/2014This restaurant reminded my wife and me of the great old days of Bouley, Jean George, LeCirque and Daniel in New York. The food, service, ambience and overall experience was just plain excellent. We had the seven course tasting and each course was another great journey in gastronomic heaven. The portions are just the right size. The pacing allows ample time to savor the course just finished and have time to talk and socialize. This is great, grand, excellent dining from time past. A must stop on any trip through Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableOut2dinnerDined on 3/28/2014We happened upon Palme D'Or on a recent trip to Miami. We had not done our research on good restaurants and did not want to be disappointed. Palme D'Or received unequivocally excellent reviews on Zagat, so we got a reservation. It was more than we could have expected. While the five course tasting menu cost as much as our hotel, the experience was worth it. The service was personal and attentive, without being over-involved. The food was exquisite. Each component was detailed and delicious. Completely deserving of the five stars. We completely enjoyed a romantic and memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Pretentious, expensive, tasting menu only, but very well done. We were celebrating a birthday and it was a big success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old style French restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/19/2014Old style French restaurant atmosphere with delicious, sophisticated twists on classic recipes. The staff was very accommodating and had a good sense of humor. The food was all excellent though the portions on the tasting menu were small. I doubt we could have eaten more, when you include dessert, bread and a post-dessert collection of chocolates and other sweets that arrive just before the bill. Wine prices range from affordable to absurd, so everyone should be able to find something. The only negative about eating at Palme d'Or is knowing that you could be eating in the lovely courtyard at the hotel with its beautiful old fountain. Solution: go twice.Special Features:
- Overratedconnoisseur1VIPDined on 3/15/2014I've been to this restaurant a few times before and aside from been an extremely beautiful place I have never had a good dinning experience in this place. However, because they have a new French chef, I decided to give it another try. I do not like the micro size gourmet portions been served, and even though I'm not a big eater this dinning experience was not worth the price. This will be the last time I'll give this restaurant an opportunity. I will also not recommend it to friends and family. It's simply too expensive for what you get, unless you just want ambience and service. However, if you expend $ 1200 for dinner for four, you'll get excellent service anywhere.Special Features:
- Fine French diningUKGuyDined on 3/14/2014A gem of a restaurant off the beaten track in Coral Gables. Absolutely brilliant food, knowledgeable staff and warm atmosphere. I wouldnt hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.