28 Cornelia Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://palmanyc.com/
- Phone: 2126912223
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday–Saturday, 5-11pm / Sunday, 5-10pm
Lunch: Tuesday–Friday, Noon-3:30pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday, Noon-3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Marino Rosato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: As with Palma's restaurant, seasonal and fresh food has become the key to its success. Palma provides on-site or off-site catering. Palma's catering is perfect for any occasion ranging from the glamour of photo shoots and fashion events, to more traditional events like showers and weddings or corporate events and business dinners.
- Private Party Facilities: One of New York's hidden dining secrets is open during all seasons. A short meandering trek through Palma's restaurant and her private garden leads to an exquisite dining experience. The 200-year-old Carriage House with exposed wood beams, fresh flowers, a fireplace and hundreds of candles is the perfect location for any private dining experience. And our cooking class parties have become a favorite among our guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Capone 9177564423
- Special Events: Palma offers cooking classes and wine tastings in the Carriage House. These can be scheduled for a private group, or individuals may register for our open events. For more information, please contact our event coordinator at (917) 756-4423.
- Cross Street: Between Bleecker Street & West 4th Street
- Public Transit: West 4th Street: A, B, C, D, E, F & M (subway)
Christopher Street/Sheridan Square: 1 (subway)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is metered street parking (free on Sunday) and two nearby garages:
- Stop-Park, 18 Morton Street at 7th Avenue
- Minetta Garage, 122 West 3rd Street, between Macdougal Street & 6th Avenue
A word from Palma
Palma's ingredients arrive fresh each day from her organic garden and local markets. The menu highlights homemade pastas, fresh seafood and seasonal produce. Palma is nested on quaint Cornelia Street in the heart of Greenwich Village, with a hidden garden filled with fresh flowers in all seasons and a 200-year-old Carriage House for private dining in an elegant yet warm setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palma reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (165)neighborhood gem (162)fit for foodies (128)great for outdoor dining (124)special occasion (113)notable wine list (59)great for brunch (39)great for lunch (36)hot spot (32)good for groups (32)scenic view (24)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- lovely village enclaveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014Very good meal. The staff was gracious and welcoming. Fish dishes were great.Special Features:
- The food is fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014This neighbor gem was recommended via word of mouth, and it truly exceeded our expectations. Everything was delicious, the staff took pride of their work & services. The ambience is country/romantic/intimate. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prettiest garden in New York CityTravlinlightDined on 10/17/2014Delicious food and fine service in a lovely courtyard garden at this charming restaurant on Cornelia Street in the West Village. Reservation recommended. Garden seating is on a first come basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Food was wonderful, but I wish the server made me feel welcomed, valued and taken care of. It's an easy fix. Have standards of behavior, attitude and professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/13/2014As always Palma comes in as a 5 star. It is the one place we never miss while in NYC. The eggplant appetizer with buffalo mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce is the most incredible flavor explosion. The tomato sauce is not acidic at all and wonderfully flavored. The tuna special with kalamata olives and roasted potatoes was exquisite the panna cotta for desert was creme fresh and it was the creamiest I have ever tasted. Top this off with a glass of Lemoncello on the house and it was a perfect evening on the patio watching the rain fall on the glass roofSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good the second time aroundDessertfirstVIPDined on 10/13/2014Love this place! The garden is such a special place to sit and enjoy your food. The service is attentive and professional. The food is delicious. The wine list has some really good Italian wines. We will continue to come to Palma every time we're back in town!Special Features:
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We went there for our 5year wedding anniversary and we were looking for a small romantic place. It was exactly that. So pretty and romantic. We loved it and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dutchairlinecrewDined on 10/10/2014We had a truly wonderful lunch experience, seated outside in the small, cozy patio we enjoyed several tastful dishes! Altough busy during lunch the service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place with outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014A friend and I had lunch and it was a lovely Fall day so the back garden was open. The food, as always, was great, we had a glass of wine from their small but good list of wines by the glass, and our service was friendly and unobtrusive. Great all around!Special Features:
- More then just neighborhood gemVadimDined on 10/9/2014Perfect place for romantic dinner or meeting with friends, who appreciate good food and wine.Special Features:
- ExcellentjamhartmanDined on 10/8/2014An awesome quaint Italian restaurant on the West Side.Special Features:
- You will leave happyContentedDined on 10/7/2014The Zupa de mere was memorable, it arrived crowned as an aristocratic dish should with anticipation of what to expect when the crust was perforated to free the scent of merging herbs, sea food and tomatoes. The diver scallops prawns were as sweet and succulent as possible. The broth was good to the last drop and encompassed the fresh ingredients without being over powered with garlic. I also had orechetta with heirloon tomatoes, basil and creamy cheese - perfect. some how the food managed to take the show away from the sweet garden room filed with the most roses that I have seen in one room. Much effort was apparent in both the food and decor. The walk down Cornelia Street was a fitting entrance and exit to a picturesque dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014My wife and I really enjoy Palma . It's one of our favorites . Great food , terrific service and the lemon basil martini is wonderful .Special Features:
- Amazing food and setting!klunettaVIPDined on 10/6/2014We were fortunate to be seated in the garden (roof was closed and temp was very comfortable). The food her is outstanding. The slow-braised lamb and papardelle were to die for, as was the calamari appetizer and the desserts . . . oh, the desserts!Special Features:
- Great for a romantic dinner.senseofnickelsDined on 10/4/2014My fiancee and I were in New York celebrating her birthday recently and decided on Palma since we were planning on being in the area. No problem getting a reservation or being seated. We were seated in the back area away from the bar. The ambience was perfect! It was a candlelit room that had a greenhouse look, with a windowed roof, exposed brick wall, and beautiful flowers and vines throughout. Seating is a bit cramped, though I look at that as an excuse to sit very close to your significant other. The staff was extremely attentive, never letting our wine glass empty. The food was wonderful and prepared promptly. All in all, it made for a perfect romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lambWesaDined on 9/30/2014My wife had a birthday and she ordered mouthwatering lamb. We got the recommendation to Palma and were not disappointed.Special Features:
- A great spotLisa70Dined on 9/29/2014A great spot for a romantic dinner or just with friends. Low lights, candles, amazing food and wine. They honored my request for a window table :)Special Features:
- Very romantic and great foodAPetVIPDined on 9/27/2014We went there on the night of our engagement. I had called them before we arrived and they had prepared 2 glasses of champagne for us and also gave us a very nice table in the garden. The service and food were both great. I would highly recommend this place especially if you are on a date.Special Features:
- Lovely and livelyCrillsDined on 9/27/2014Lovely restaurant with a buzzing atmosphere and staff who clearly work hard and want to please. Food was amazing (lamb pasta and fish pasta). Simple but very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden Gem!JenFDined on 9/26/2014I was searching for places w/back gardens for my bf and I to have a nice quiet dinner as we were sans kids for the night! On one of the local news outlets I found Palma. They make their own pastas all of which are AMAZING. The staff is attentive and are happy to make recommendations if the phenomenal list of food overwhelms you. Although a bit pricey, especially for specials, the food is all local, fresh and very well executed. So, WORTH EVERY PENNY! We didn't want our experience, which is absolutely what it was, to end. The garden was gorgeous and transports one to a garden rest in Europe. Enjoy every moment and splurge for Palma. PS- they do events too in a great old country back room and you'd never know bc the noise level is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ItalianElcabraDined on 9/25/2014Nice little neighbourhood restaurant,good food,wine and service.The grilled octopus was right up there with the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy to have discovereddinendiscoverNYCDined on 9/25/2014We were headed to a premiere at the IFC theaters. I searched out local restaurants for a ore theater meal. So so happy to have found PALMA. Started with just my son and I. Then we encouraged a friend to make her way to join us because it was so special. She made it! And we all wished we didn't have to go to the film showing because we wanted to enjoy PALMA more. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, strange welcomeDrMikeDined on 9/21/2014Very enjoyable overall dining experience. Some of the dishes were memorable, especially the slow-roasted lamb pappardelle and the creme fraiche panna cotta, although I'm not usually a big dessert fan. However, the hostess stated their policy of not seating until the complete party arrives very harshly, which seemed strange, since the room was half empty. I found this initial ambiance to be cold and brittle, very surprising, considering the excellence of the wait staff. While I was waiting for my date, who was five minutes late, the hostess gave away the table that she had reserved for us, unapologetically. Once we sat down, things were fine, but I left after dinner feeling confused and strangely unwelcome.Special Features:
- Always an excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Never fail to have a great dinner. Food and service always top notch Wish roof was open that night as it was a little warm in the garden and the AC was not powerful. Otherwise great night with familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nac60OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014The food never disappoints, and the garden room is beautiful. The private room for small groups is charming... This is really a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIFIC FOOD, PRETTY GV CORNERSAVANNAHGILLVIPDined on 9/9/2014I doubt there's much room for improvement in the kitchen. I got stuck on the appetizers, where the octopus, artichokes, shrimp were each just enough different to be newly interesting. My husband had the pasta special which came with a wonderfully fresh (uncooked) tomato and herb sauce. The two hosts were knowledgeable and genuinely concerned that we enjoy ourselves. The garden is charming. The furnishings were less than comfortable. White wines by the glass addressed a limited palate - but Italian reds are generally better anyway and these reds proved no exception. The main dining room is way too noisy to hold a conversation. The garden was better. We would definitely go again, but they really deserve a better venue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant Ever.lef87Dined on 9/8/2014This is seriously the best NY restaurant I have been to by a million miles and I have been to a ton of great ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!!TamfalDined on 9/7/2014Palma is a wonderful gem just off Bleecker St that I thank goodness my friends took me to for the first time over 5 yrs ago!! A must go each time I visit NYC!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor gardenMarieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Palma was a lovely place to dine for a romantic dinner. The ambiance is what really wins here. The food is also delicious (try the lobster pasta and lamb ragu).Special Features:
- Great experience!SubtleredDined on 9/4/2014We started with Prosecco, calamari, green olives, then Soaghetti All'Astice and Tagiolini Al Frutti di Mare. A fabulous Etna Bianco Superiors white was the percect matching wine for the entrees. Al in all, a great evening, great food and wine and a lovely place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet FindYingMeiVIPDined on 9/2/2014Cornelia Street in the West Village is a gem- only one block long, quaint...with at least 2 great restaurants, incl Palma. The Food at Palma is so welcome: fresh, authentic, tasty, satisfying. The ambience is perfect and the service is top notch, friendly and attentive. I love the garden courtyard ( A/C!!!) and the private rooms that I hope to sometime book a cozy party. Highly recommend eating here, with a lovely walk afterwards in the environs!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Food was delicious. Service was very good. Restaurant was lovely. Servers were ready to please, even showed us the other rooms that are available for private parties. Very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottDined on 8/30/2014Excellent restaurant..good service and great food...pastas are great and my wife's fish was great... Excellent tomato and mozzarella Definite place to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, quaint, a little noisyTJreviewDined on 8/24/2014Really pretty, but tiny, place with roses everywhere and a 19th century house behind the backyard dining garden. Unwelcome music emanated from a speaker next to our table which, added to the ambient chatter, made it a bit noisy. The menu is a somewhat limited. A few lower and then a jump to rather high priced choices. Food was good, service uninterested.
- Disappointing Second Time Around!Luv2dineVIPDined on 8/24/2014Visited this restaurant for the first time 7 mths ago and loved the experience. Needed a restaurant for a family special occ. and thought it would be a pretty place to dine. Made res. 2.5 months ago, upon arriving was not made to feel very welcome...could not seat us until all 6 were in attendance and so therefore there was no promise of a "nice" table in the garden. We were eventually put at a table right near the steps in and out of the kitchen... Although the food was as good as I had remembered the service was not.. had to repeatedly ask for more bread and evoo before finally getting it. On top of it all ordered 2 side dishes of vegatable for the table and they never arrived. Dining experience was way to rushed this time.Special Features:
- Delightful and DeliciousNGinNYCDined on 8/23/2014The main appeal of Palma is its lovely outdoor garden, which is truly delightful. The excellent food is a bonus. I had a delicious special shrimp frittata, and the others in my part enjoyed their food as well. The only drawback this last time was the noise level--it was way too loud for us, which was really a shame because the ambiance is otherwise lovely.Special Features:
- AmazingKG1989VIPDined on 8/22/2014Would highly recommend this restaurant. Had octopus and artichoke hearts for apps, basil ravioli, then salmon special. Salmon was best I've ever had nj my life. Loved this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SternMDined on 8/22/2014Cannot find a thing that was less than amazing. What more can I say?Special Features:
- Comme en Italie!NanouDined on 8/20/2014J'ai passé un excellent moment @ PALMA. Le lieu est atypique. La personnalité des propriétaires y est pour beaucoup. Le service très aimable. Très chaleureux. Le lieu est parfait pour un dîner romantique, ou bien une réunion familiale dans les salles privées. Belle lumière, des "bonnes ondes"... On a l'impression de se retrouver en Italie... et de déguster des mets authentiques. J'y retournerai avec plaisir dès que je serai à nouveau à NYCSpecial Features:
- Perfect!HunyBDined on 8/20/2014LOVE this place! Sitting in the "garden" is gorgeous. The food is impeccable an so are the cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.