28 Cornelia Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://palmanyc.com/
- Phone: 2126912223
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday–Saturday, 5-11pm / Sunday, 5-10pm
Lunch: Tuesday–Friday, Noon-3:30pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday, Noon-3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Marino Rosato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: As with Palma's restaurant, seasonal and fresh food has become the key to its success. Palma provides on-site or off-site catering. Palma's catering is perfect for any occasion ranging from the glamour of photo shoots and fashion events, to more traditional events like showers and weddings or corporate events and business dinners.
- Private Party Facilities: One of New York's hidden dining secrets is open during all seasons. A short meandering trek through Palma's restaurant and her private garden leads to an exquisite dining experience. The 200-year-old Carriage House with exposed wood beams, fresh flowers, a fireplace and hundreds of candles is the perfect location for any private dining experience. And our cooking class parties have become a favorite among our guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Capone 9177564423
- Special Events: Palma offers cooking classes and wine tastings in the Carriage House. These can be scheduled for a private group, or individuals may register for our open events. For more information, please contact our event coordinator at (917) 756-4423.
- Cross Street: Between Bleecker Street & West 4th Street
- Public Transit: West 4th Street: A, B, C, D, E, F & M (subway)
Christopher Street/Sheridan Square: 1 (subway)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is metered street parking (free on Sunday) and two nearby garages:
- Stop-Park, 18 Morton Street at 7th Avenue
- Minetta Garage, 122 West 3rd Street, between Macdougal Street & 6th Avenue
A word from Palma
Palma's ingredients arrive fresh each day from her organic garden and local markets. The menu highlights homemade pastas, fresh seafood and seasonal produce. Palma is nested on quaint Cornelia Street in the heart of Greenwich Village, with a hidden garden filled with fresh flowers in all seasons and a 200-year-old Carriage House for private dining in an elegant yet warm setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Palma reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (166)neighborhood gem (158)fit for foodies (125)special occasion (124)great for outdoor dining (116)notable wine list (54)great for brunch (44)great for lunch (43)good for groups (32)hot spot (27)scenic view (27)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Small, quaint, a little noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Really pretty, but tiny, place with roses everywhere and a 19th century house behind the backyard dining garden. Unwelcome music emanated from a speaker next to our table which, added to the ambient chatter, made it a bit noisy. The menu is a somewhat limited. A few lower and then a jump to rather high priced choices. Food was good, service uninterested.
- Disappointing Second Time Around!Luv2dineVIPDined on 8/24/2014Visited this restaurant for the first time 7 mths ago and loved the experience. Needed a restaurant for a family special occ. and thought it would be a pretty place to dine. Made res. 2.5 months ago, upon arriving was not made to feel very welcome...could not seat us until all 6 were in attendance and so therefore there was no promise of a "nice" table in the garden. We were eventually put at a table right near the steps in and out of the kitchen... Although the food was as good as I had remembered the service was not.. had to repeatedly ask for more bread and evoo before finally getting it. On top of it all ordered 2 side dishes of vegatable for the table and they never arrived. Dining experience was way to rushed this time.Special Features:
- AmazingKG1989VIPDined on 8/22/2014Would highly recommend this restaurant. Had octopus and artichoke hearts for apps, basil ravioli, then salmon special. Salmon was best I've ever had nj my life. Loved this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SternMDined on 8/22/2014Cannot find a thing that was less than amazing. What more can I say?Special Features:
- Comme en Italie!NanouDined on 8/20/2014J'ai passé un excellent moment @ PALMA. Le lieu est atypique. La personnalité des propriétaires y est pour beaucoup. Le service très aimable. Très chaleureux. Le lieu est parfait pour un dîner romantique, ou bien une réunion familiale dans les salles privées. Belle lumière, des "bonnes ondes"... On a l'impression de se retrouver en Italie... et de déguster des mets authentiques. J'y retournerai avec plaisir dès que je serai à nouveau à NYCSpecial Features:
- Perfect!HunyBDined on 8/20/2014LOVE this place! Sitting in the "garden" is gorgeous. The food is impeccable an so are the cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy, absrobed wait staff...azaleaDined on 8/20/2014twice in one week - it's really an odd scene, as if the waitstaff really don't want to be "thought of as" wait staff.... they congregate and socialize loudly ... as if they are chums just happened to see each other! "we are having such great time" "we've such good vibe w/ each other".... well, ok.... but really is that your job? the food is good enough and the outside dining area is not shouting-match noisy (though, as we had to walk through the front area of the restaurant to go out, we could not believe the noise level!)
- GemPAFOODIESDined on 8/19/2014We stumbled upon this restaurant on line. It had good reviews and I was attracted by the clean food menu. We were not disappointed. The food was outstanding and the service excellent. We would definitely seek this restaurant out again.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Palma is a great restaurant in the middle of Soho, right off the very popular Bleecker Street. It is very small, so the tables are literally right on top of each other; however, I think it just adds to the neighborhood vibe. Although we did not sit in the garden, I would highly recommend doing so. The meatballs are wonderful, best I've had since my grandmother's! The gnocchi was extremely delicate, where I am used to them being very heavy, a pleasant surprise. If you are in the area, you must add Palma to your list.Special Features:
- Fantastic little spotjoshkehnDined on 8/17/2014Ask to be seated in the garden, views are amazing and the ambiance is very nice.Special Features:
- Perfect Date NightDJSmitty4YouDined on 8/16/2014Booked my anniversary dinner at Palma after receiving a recommendation from a friend to try this place. The outdoor garden where we sat is gorgeous, and shows that these guys pay extreme attention to detail. The menu items are unique and incredibly delicious. The staff is highly attentive and you're never left looking around for your waiter. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for the perfect romantic place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Gorgeous Garden and FlowersDevotedDinerDined on 8/15/2014A tiny gem with delicious food. I ignored the reviews about the noise inside, and when we arrived, asked to sit in the garden. It is a beautiful courtyard with crisscrossing lights and fresh roses on the walls. The food was delicious. We loved all four appetizers we shared and the bass, lamb chops, pasta with lobster, and ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great outdoor dining areaAnonVIPDined on 8/14/2014When booking make sure you request dining in the garden as I feel that is the strongest part of this restaurant. Food is good, wine selection is solid but if you are eating indoors you will miss the entire experience of Palma. Do speak to the owner from Napoli who is constantly revolving around the restaurant and can truly inspire you to go visit his hometown. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningSweetpeaVIPDined on 8/13/2014I dined with a girlfriend the other night and we had a very nice time. The food was good and the service was attentive. We were disappointed that we were unable to be seated in the garden. The restaurant is loud - as most NY restaurants are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NellyDined on 8/11/2014Very good food and service. The noise is deafening so everybody screams to be heard.
- WonderfulLaurenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely love this place. We were there for brunch for hours and hours, and they couldn't have been nicer. It's a beautiful restaurant, and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Love this place!cindysVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were seated in the backyard - had a tourist in town and this couldn't have been a better place to take her! Great fresh Italian, great drinks and a fantastic ambience and service when we came for dinner at 10pm on Friday night. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- WOW! My New Favorite in NYCSSMartinDined on 8/8/2014I don't usually write reviews, but this restaurant experience hit every mark (A+ on everything). Food - Authentic, Fresh and Amazing, Atmosphere - Beautiful Fresh Flowers everywhere with vines etc.. WOW! Wine list wonderful, Desserts - Mind blowing.. and Service - truly professional but warm and wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant wait to eat here again!LovegoodfoodDined on 8/8/2014As usual, the food, service and décor were excellent. The specials are certainly "special" and worth trying. I look forward to going again and recommending Palma to friends. Second to none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy delightful freshEp3eatsoutDined on 8/7/2014Such a hidden gem loved it. Our food was outstanding ambiance was delightful a perfect summer evening spot.Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointedTravelBlissNowDined on 8/7/2014Have been to Palma several times and always loved the ambience in the garden and the food. Hoped for a romantic dinner, but this time, it seemed that extra tables were crammed in too close, and it was difficult to carry on a conversation given the noise and conversations immediately beside us. Also, we felt rushed with our appetizers and main course arriving while we were still on starter drinks, and so, did not order a bottle of wine. While the calamari appetizer and pasta special were very good, the chicken main course was very ordinary.Special Features:
- LovelyJustFolksVIPDined on 8/6/2014Lively yet still romantic -- a great ambiance. And the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always deliciousmoxieDined on 8/6/2014the crispy artichokes, arancini and cauliflower are so good, i have to force myself to stray and try new things!Special Features:
- Loads of funFROGGYDined on 8/5/2014Palma is a neighborhood gem... It has great food, lovely staff and high energy, attractive crowd... The garden room is delightful and I've had a wonderful meal and time there twice latelySpecial Features:
- Between Mama's and GourmetjhankinDined on 8/5/2014Chose Palma because there are things on the menu which are kid-friendly and not too "gourmet", but also interesting dishes for the more adventurous. Kid's had meatballs in red sauce (excellent) and gnocchi and were happy. I had papparadelle with roasted lamb and rosemary, which was excellent. Chocolate lava cake for desert was rich, chocolaty and not too sweet, perfect! Beautiful room, lovely garden. Was crowded and noisy on a Tuesday evening. Place is small, so make a reservation.Special Features:
- Homemade Pasta is amazingjtmdinning4Dined on 8/3/2014Not many restaurants in Manhattan give you more than one choice of homemade pastas; Palma gives you 4 or more. Great food and service. Tons of "to dos" right outside of the restaurant; you can shop on Bleecker or go to a bar on West 4th. Great choice.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary Spot!!AlwaysHungryDined on 8/3/2014Took my wife here for our 2 year anniversary and we're very pleased. One of the staff members accidentally spilled a glass of juice on me but it was quickly forgotten due to the great atmosphere and phenomenal food. We were also comped a dessert for the spill. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!morenaDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant is small and charming and the service is very good. We loved the food - the ceviche was the best I have had (and I have tried many!), the fried artichoke was not great but and the fish was to perfection. Will happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingEatingfor2222Dined on 8/2/2014Everything was delicious!! Best pasta dish ever! Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Primo Palma!DaveSVIPDined on 8/2/2014We initially discovered Palma as a result of a walking food tour and decided to go back. Well, we weren't disappointed! The food was outstanding, the service was great and our waiter was knowledgeable as to both the menu and the wine list! Bravo Palma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garden Eating in The West VillagerobkapVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were looking for a nice restaurant near the Cherry Lane Theater and fond Palma. We were seated in the back garden area with a huge skylight above and surrounded by giant roses. Our waitress was pleasant and efficient. The food was excellent, from appetizer to dessert. Prices were fairly high ,but well worth it. We will be back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanted in the VillageRosstonDined on 8/1/2014Whether you are planning a special celebration or just looking for an amazing food experience, you should try Palma's. The staff was very attentive and the food was amazing. Prices are comparable and worth every cent. Yvette was our server and she was phenominal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Gardenhdon010Dined on 7/31/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and we both loved it! Food was very good but the service and the wine list was fantastic. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great for tourists & local foodiesAnnedeDined on 7/31/2014Went for brunch on a Sunday with a friend. We both have very high standard for restaurant dining. We loved it! I had the steak and eggs, my friend had an omelet with goat cheese & proscuitto. Service was friendly and attentive, the food was cooked perfectly. Brunch was so nice, we decided to take a group of girlfriends on a Thursday night-we sat in the garden. The place was packed and tables were tight, but that just lead to the charm. 2 of the girls were were visiting from France, and 2 of us New Yorkers-all of us foodies. We loved how it felt like we left NYC and were enjoying a night in Europe. All of us had a fantastic time! Beautiful atmosphere- garden=Roses galore Yummy food- enough said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Garden in Greenwich VillageMarkDined on 7/30/2014Have been to Palma many times over the years. The main reason for dining here is their outstanding garden. It is absolutely beautiful and transporting. Since Palma is already on the quiet "backwater" Corneila Street their garden is more peaceful than most and the noisy sounds of NYC are "miles" away. The flower strewn garden is neither too large or small and seats around 50 or so in total. And they added a retractable roof last year so a little rain isn't a problem. Palma is an excellent venue for Lunch, Brunch or Dinner. The menu is varied, the food is mostly very good and the service during my last 3 visits has been friendly and efficient. Palma isn't cheap but its not overpriced either. Brunch and Lunch are very good values.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian FoodItalianfoodieDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant which is tucked into a neighborhood in the village felt like you were having dinner in an Italian family home. From the size of the small dining rooms, old world decor, personal and attentive wait staff, authentic menu, delicious and well portioned entrees, and respectful attitude of all the employees there you would definitely want to return to the Palma. It reminded me of many of the restaurants I had been to in Rome and would love to visit again & again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reconnect with old friendsSTBinNYCDined on 7/26/2014Three friends and I met for brunch on a Saturday afternoon. Two from West chester County, one from South Jersey and me Nassau County. The restaurant was accessible; quick subway ride from Penn Station and a short walk to the quaint spot. The staff were friendly and accommodating - not rushing us as we talked before and after ordering and receiving our meals. The flowers which adorned the space were beautiful as we sat in the garden area. The food was delicious and served hot. All four suburban ladies enjoyed a delightful day in the City. We will be back and are considering to host a reunion with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place in NYCMkannanDined on 7/25/2014I've been to Palma a few times for drinks but have never been able to eat there. I absolutely loved it. The good was exceptional. The service was perfect and Francesco made our experience a delight from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a keeper.neoclecticDined on 7/24/2014We were contacted prior to the reservation. We requested to change the time and the hostess was very accommodating. When we got there, we were seated in the front. Minutes later, I decided to venture into the rear of the restaurant where I found the open terrace section and an empty table for which I inquired. I was given the table provided we could be finished in two hours. I agreed and we relocated. The open terrace made the evening much more special. The service was impeccable. The food succulent. Wine list was spot on. Overall, it was an experience worth having again. We certainly will plan to do so in the future. Thank you, Palma.Special Features:
- Simply too noisy!mews4598VIPDined on 7/22/2014The food was delicious but the volume in the restaurant was unbearable. The bartender was such an enthusiastic shaker that I thought in the lull that she was performing in a street band.Special Features: