28 Cornelia Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://palmanyc.com/
- Phone: 2126912223
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday–Saturday, 5-11pm / Sunday, 5-10pm
Lunch: Tuesday–Friday, Noon-3:30pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday, Noon-3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Marino Rosato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: As with Palma's restaurant, seasonal and fresh food has become the key to its success. Palma provides on-site or off-site catering. Palma's catering is perfect for any occasion ranging from the glamour of photo shoots and fashion events, to more traditional events like showers and weddings or corporate events and business dinners.
- Private Party Facilities: One of New York's hidden dining secrets is open during all seasons. A short meandering trek through Palma's restaurant and her private garden leads to an exquisite dining experience. The 200-year-old Carriage House with exposed wood beams, fresh flowers, a fireplace and hundreds of candles is the perfect location for any private dining experience. And our cooking class parties have become a favorite among our guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Capone 9177564423
- Special Events: Palma offers cooking classes and wine tastings in the Carriage House. These can be scheduled for a private group, or individuals may register for our open events. For more information, please contact our event coordinator at (917) 756-4423.
- Cross Street: Between Bleecker Street & West 4th Street
- Public Transit: West 4th Street: A, B, C, D, E, F & M (subway)
Christopher Street/Sheridan Square: 1 (subway)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is metered street parking (free on Sunday) and two nearby garages:
- Stop-Park, 18 Morton Street at 7th Avenue
- Minetta Garage, 122 West 3rd Street, between Macdougal Street & 6th Avenue
A word from Palma
Palma's ingredients arrive fresh each day from her organic garden and local markets. The menu highlights homemade pastas, fresh seafood and seasonal produce. Palma is nested on quaint Cornelia Street in the heart of Greenwich Village, with a hidden garden filled with fresh flowers in all seasons and a 200-year-old Carriage House for private dining in an elegant yet warm setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palma reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (153)neighborhood gem (150)great for outdoor dining (122)fit for foodies (119)special occasion (109)notable wine list (50)great for brunch (39)great for lunch (36)good for groups (32)hot spot (32)scenic view (25)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Very romantic and great foodAPetVIPDined on 9/27/2014We went there on the night of our engagement. I had called them before we arrived and they had prepared 2 glasses of champagne for us and also gave us a very nice table in the garden. The service and food were both great. I would highly recommend this place especially if you are on a date.Special Features:
- Lovely and livelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Lovely restaurant with a buzzing atmosphere and staff who clearly work hard and want to please. Food was amazing (lamb pasta and fish pasta). Simple but very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden Gem!JenFDined on 9/26/2014I was searching for places w/back gardens for my bf and I to have a nice quiet dinner as we were sans kids for the night! On one of the local news outlets I found Palma. They make their own pastas all of which are AMAZING. The staff is attentive and are happy to make recommendations if the phenomenal list of food overwhelms you. Although a bit pricey, especially for specials, the food is all local, fresh and very well executed. So, WORTH EVERY PENNY! We didn't want our experience, which is absolutely what it was, to end. The garden was gorgeous and transports one to a garden rest in Europe. Enjoy every moment and splurge for Palma. PS- they do events too in a great old country back room and you'd never know bc the noise level is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy to have discovereddinendiscoverNYCDined on 9/25/2014We were headed to a premiere at the IFC theaters. I searched out local restaurants for a ore theater meal. So so happy to have found PALMA. Started with just my son and I. Then we encouraged a friend to make her way to join us because it was so special. She made it! And we all wished we didn't have to go to the film showing because we wanted to enjoy PALMA more. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, strange welcomeDrMikeDined on 9/21/2014Very enjoyable overall dining experience. Some of the dishes were memorable, especially the slow-roasted lamb pappardelle and the creme fraiche panna cotta, although I'm not usually a big dessert fan. However, the hostess stated their policy of not seating until the complete party arrives very harshly, which seemed strange, since the room was half empty. I found this initial ambiance to be cold and brittle, very surprising, considering the excellence of the wait staff. While I was waiting for my date, who was five minutes late, the hostess gave away the table that she had reserved for us, unapologetically. Once we sat down, things were fine, but I left after dinner feeling confused and strangely unwelcome.Special Features:
- Always an excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Never fail to have a great dinner. Food and service always top notch Wish roof was open that night as it was a little warm in the garden and the AC was not powerful. Otherwise great night with familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nac60OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014The food never disappoints, and the garden room is beautiful. The private room for small groups is charming... This is really a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIFIC FOOD, PRETTY GV CORNERSAVANNAHGILLVIPDined on 9/9/2014I doubt there's much room for improvement in the kitchen. I got stuck on the appetizers, where the octopus, artichokes, shrimp were each just enough different to be newly interesting. My husband had the pasta special which came with a wonderfully fresh (uncooked) tomato and herb sauce. The two hosts were knowledgeable and genuinely concerned that we enjoy ourselves. The garden is charming. The furnishings were less than comfortable. White wines by the glass addressed a limited palate - but Italian reds are generally better anyway and these reds proved no exception. The main dining room is way too noisy to hold a conversation. The garden was better. We would definitely go again, but they really deserve a better venue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant Ever.lef87Dined on 9/8/2014This is seriously the best NY restaurant I have been to by a million miles and I have been to a ton of great ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!!TamfalDined on 9/7/2014Palma is a wonderful gem just off Bleecker St that I thank goodness my friends took me to for the first time over 5 yrs ago!! A must go each time I visit NYC!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor gardenMarieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Palma was a lovely place to dine for a romantic dinner. The ambiance is what really wins here. The food is also delicious (try the lobster pasta and lamb ragu).Special Features:
- Great experience!SubtleredDined on 9/4/2014We started with Prosecco, calamari, green olives, then Soaghetti All'Astice and Tagiolini Al Frutti di Mare. A fabulous Etna Bianco Superiors white was the percect matching wine for the entrees. Al in all, a great evening, great food and wine and a lovely place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet FindYingMeiVIPDined on 9/2/2014Cornelia Street in the West Village is a gem- only one block long, quaint...with at least 2 great restaurants, incl Palma. The Food at Palma is so welcome: fresh, authentic, tasty, satisfying. The ambience is perfect and the service is top notch, friendly and attentive. I love the garden courtyard ( A/C!!!) and the private rooms that I hope to sometime book a cozy party. Highly recommend eating here, with a lovely walk afterwards in the environs!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Food was delicious. Service was very good. Restaurant was lovely. Servers were ready to please, even showed us the other rooms that are available for private parties. Very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottDined on 8/30/2014Excellent restaurant..good service and great food...pastas are great and my wife's fish was great... Excellent tomato and mozzarella Definite place to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, quaint, a little noisyTJreviewDined on 8/24/2014Really pretty, but tiny, place with roses everywhere and a 19th century house behind the backyard dining garden. Unwelcome music emanated from a speaker next to our table which, added to the ambient chatter, made it a bit noisy. The menu is a somewhat limited. A few lower and then a jump to rather high priced choices. Food was good, service uninterested.
- Disappointing Second Time Around!Luv2dineVIPDined on 8/24/2014Visited this restaurant for the first time 7 mths ago and loved the experience. Needed a restaurant for a family special occ. and thought it would be a pretty place to dine. Made res. 2.5 months ago, upon arriving was not made to feel very welcome...could not seat us until all 6 were in attendance and so therefore there was no promise of a "nice" table in the garden. We were eventually put at a table right near the steps in and out of the kitchen... Although the food was as good as I had remembered the service was not.. had to repeatedly ask for more bread and evoo before finally getting it. On top of it all ordered 2 side dishes of vegatable for the table and they never arrived. Dining experience was way to rushed this time.Special Features:
- Delightful and DeliciousNGinNYCDined on 8/23/2014The main appeal of Palma is its lovely outdoor garden, which is truly delightful. The excellent food is a bonus. I had a delicious special shrimp frittata, and the others in my part enjoyed their food as well. The only drawback this last time was the noise level--it was way too loud for us, which was really a shame because the ambiance is otherwise lovely.Special Features:
- AmazingKG1989VIPDined on 8/22/2014Would highly recommend this restaurant. Had octopus and artichoke hearts for apps, basil ravioli, then salmon special. Salmon was best I've ever had nj my life. Loved this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SternMDined on 8/22/2014Cannot find a thing that was less than amazing. What more can I say?Special Features:
- Comme en Italie!NanouDined on 8/20/2014J'ai passé un excellent moment @ PALMA. Le lieu est atypique. La personnalité des propriétaires y est pour beaucoup. Le service très aimable. Très chaleureux. Le lieu est parfait pour un dîner romantique, ou bien une réunion familiale dans les salles privées. Belle lumière, des "bonnes ondes"... On a l'impression de se retrouver en Italie... et de déguster des mets authentiques. J'y retournerai avec plaisir dès que je serai à nouveau à NYCSpecial Features:
- Perfect!HunyBDined on 8/20/2014LOVE this place! Sitting in the "garden" is gorgeous. The food is impeccable an so are the cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy, absrobed wait staff...azaleaDined on 8/20/2014twice in one week - it's really an odd scene, as if the waitstaff really don't want to be "thought of as" wait staff.... they congregate and socialize loudly ... as if they are chums just happened to see each other! "we are having such great time" "we've such good vibe w/ each other".... well, ok.... but really is that your job? the food is good enough and the outside dining area is not shouting-match noisy (though, as we had to walk through the front area of the restaurant to go out, we could not believe the noise level!)
- GemPAFOODIESDined on 8/19/2014We stumbled upon this restaurant on line. It had good reviews and I was attracted by the clean food menu. We were not disappointed. The food was outstanding and the service excellent. We would definitely seek this restaurant out again.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Palma is a great restaurant in the middle of Soho, right off the very popular Bleecker Street. It is very small, so the tables are literally right on top of each other; however, I think it just adds to the neighborhood vibe. Although we did not sit in the garden, I would highly recommend doing so. The meatballs are wonderful, best I've had since my grandmother's! The gnocchi was extremely delicate, where I am used to them being very heavy, a pleasant surprise. If you are in the area, you must add Palma to your list.Special Features:
- Fantastic little spotjoshkehnDined on 8/17/2014Ask to be seated in the garden, views are amazing and the ambiance is very nice.Special Features:
- Perfect Date NightDJSmitty4YouDined on 8/16/2014Booked my anniversary dinner at Palma after receiving a recommendation from a friend to try this place. The outdoor garden where we sat is gorgeous, and shows that these guys pay extreme attention to detail. The menu items are unique and incredibly delicious. The staff is highly attentive and you're never left looking around for your waiter. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for the perfect romantic place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Gorgeous Garden and FlowersDevotedDinerDined on 8/15/2014A tiny gem with delicious food. I ignored the reviews about the noise inside, and when we arrived, asked to sit in the garden. It is a beautiful courtyard with crisscrossing lights and fresh roses on the walls. The food was delicious. We loved all four appetizers we shared and the bass, lamb chops, pasta with lobster, and ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great outdoor dining areaAnonVIPDined on 8/14/2014When booking make sure you request dining in the garden as I feel that is the strongest part of this restaurant. Food is good, wine selection is solid but if you are eating indoors you will miss the entire experience of Palma. Do speak to the owner from Napoli who is constantly revolving around the restaurant and can truly inspire you to go visit his hometown. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningSweetpeaVIPDined on 8/13/2014I dined with a girlfriend the other night and we had a very nice time. The food was good and the service was attentive. We were disappointed that we were unable to be seated in the garden. The restaurant is loud - as most NY restaurants are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NellyDined on 8/11/2014Very good food and service. The noise is deafening so everybody screams to be heard.
- WonderfulLaurenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely love this place. We were there for brunch for hours and hours, and they couldn't have been nicer. It's a beautiful restaurant, and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Love this place!cindysVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were seated in the backyard - had a tourist in town and this couldn't have been a better place to take her! Great fresh Italian, great drinks and a fantastic ambience and service when we came for dinner at 10pm on Friday night. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- WOW! My New Favorite in NYCSSMartinDined on 8/8/2014I don't usually write reviews, but this restaurant experience hit every mark (A+ on everything). Food - Authentic, Fresh and Amazing, Atmosphere - Beautiful Fresh Flowers everywhere with vines etc.. WOW! Wine list wonderful, Desserts - Mind blowing.. and Service - truly professional but warm and wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant wait to eat here again!LovegoodfoodDined on 8/8/2014As usual, the food, service and décor were excellent. The specials are certainly "special" and worth trying. I look forward to going again and recommending Palma to friends. Second to none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy delightful freshEp3eatsoutVIPDined on 8/7/2014Such a hidden gem loved it. Our food was outstanding ambiance was delightful a perfect summer evening spot.Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointedTravelBlissNowDined on 8/7/2014Have been to Palma several times and always loved the ambience in the garden and the food. Hoped for a romantic dinner, but this time, it seemed that extra tables were crammed in too close, and it was difficult to carry on a conversation given the noise and conversations immediately beside us. Also, we felt rushed with our appetizers and main course arriving while we were still on starter drinks, and so, did not order a bottle of wine. While the calamari appetizer and pasta special were very good, the chicken main course was very ordinary.Special Features:
- LovelyJustFolksVIPDined on 8/6/2014Lively yet still romantic -- a great ambiance. And the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always deliciousmoxieDined on 8/6/2014the crispy artichokes, arancini and cauliflower are so good, i have to force myself to stray and try new things!Special Features:
- Loads of funFROGGYDined on 8/5/2014Palma is a neighborhood gem... It has great food, lovely staff and high energy, attractive crowd... The garden room is delightful and I've had a wonderful meal and time there twice latelySpecial Features: