Palm Sugar Asian Grills & Dessert Bar
340 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach, FL 33401Neighborhood:
West Palm Beach
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Palm Sugar Asian Grills & Dessert Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.palmsugarwpb.com/
- Phone: 5618209206
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Takeout, Wine
A word from Palm Sugar Asian Grills & Dessert Bar
New trends always emerge in the restaurant scene. There is a trend toward a more casual lifestyle; upscale dining has shifted toward rising of trendy casual. Palm Sugar envisions this trend to be one of most exciting restaurants in Downtown West Palm Beach. The concept provides comfort food with Asian-inspired flavors. We focus on bringing the best out of ingredients and transform them into exotic flavor profiles, yet in a simple form that our guests can relate to. That is our committed culinary mission to the customers. We also promote locally sourced ingredients for freshness and to support our community. Our establishment focuses on being a neighborhood gem for locals and visitors. The place for every occasion; to hang out, grab n' go; stop by for desserts and coffees, or a tasty casual meal with friends and families.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Sugar Asian Grills & Dessert Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- I can tell why it's always empty.Emilycaprice2014VIPDined on 9/3/2014There is never any one in there and none of my friends ever go there. That should have been reason enough not to go but I went anyway. The food is sub par at best. We had apps and drinks and left to have dinner elsewhere. The pork buns r more like soft tacos - not the type you get as traditional dim sum. The spring rolls with shrimp had so little shrimp it was mostly a veggie roll. The Mai Tais however r amazing. I won't repeat unless it's for cocktails and edamame at happy hour.
- Horrible serviceLexy01Dined on 8/31/2014No ambiance, server sucked, weird atmosphere, restaurant was empty and our server was acting like he was on crack, sweaty with dirty long fingernails. Really? Ugh, never again!
- The following 33 reviews are from the Palm Sugar Asian Grills & Dessert Bar reviews archive.
- Great Food & AtmosphereWPBSwedeDined on 5/11/2014The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was very laid back and had a good vibe. This place is closer to the quieter end of Clematis but once you find it you will want to come back! I haven't been able to go to the happy hour because I am pregnant but I've heard great things about it. Definitely try the duck taquitos! They are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretending Chinese restaurantHARDDO91VIPDined on 2/22/2014The food was average to what you find in a good take-out Chinese restaurant, but with presentation. Not in a hurry to return, unless they have take-out!
- Great ExperienceLVal82Dined on 2/14/2014Hubby & I were celebrating my birthday & Valentine's Day. The food was great, fresh, beautiful & creative plate-ups. A very relaxed & casual environment. Priced just right as we enjoyed 2 thai iced teas 2 appetizers 2 cocktails 2 entrees 1 dessert for under $100. You also get a free cup cake for your b-day! 1st -ducks buns & steamed pork dumplings. Both very fresh in presentation & flavor. 2nd -crispy duck ramen noodles & chicken pad thai. The ramen was excellent. Boneless duck, well cooked baby bok choy & the fried wontons were light & airy. The chicken pad thai had an unusual flavor that we didn't care for. The desserts were great. The coconut cupcake was good but paled in comparison to the thai tea cheese cake with cookie crust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014I went here with 3 friends and we chose to sit at the bar and we had a really good experience, the food was good, the staff were attentive. The owner even came across and talked with us and gave us a free round of drinks. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindShellsNGlassGirlDined on 1/28/2014Real Gem on Clematis Street. Bet I walked by this place 30 times before I stopped in for dinner. I was so glad I did. Food was amazing. Service was terrific. I made another reservation for the following week just to try more of the great food and drinks. Don't forget to eat the Lava cake and green tea ice cream for desert. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/14/2014Had chicken curry, eggplant with beef, and seafood hot pot, all very good. We like Thai food and this was a good representation. Portions were large, I took some home and don't usually have that option and it was great the next day. All in all a good place, want to try it again before I get to excited. Palm beer was excellent!
- Food was good, portion forOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/11/2014Food was good, portion for the Singapore noodles were small, but delicious, I would consider going back.
- Delicious Thai FoodDanielleVIPDined on 1/4/2014We had an excellent dinner at Palm Sugar. The food was fantastic and we had a server that was so attentive. They were helpful for a friend with a gluten allergy. they also had some food drinks. I will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great thai/vietnamese street foodBoilerLeahVIPDined on 12/30/2013Love the food and the service is great! Definitely check them out during happy hour or for lunch specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNancyVIPDined on 12/26/2013Four of us tried Palm Sugar for a taste of Thai in West Palm Beach. A very nice evening, great service and delicious food. We ordered a smattering of appetizers to share, which were the best part of the meal. Interesting combinations, very fresh food and decent portion sizes for sharing. Apps were slightly better than the entrees, which were also good. I will definitely go back for a good-tasting and well-priced Thai experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceLeslDined on 11/15/2013Some different and delicious dishes..staff could not have been nicer....reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Real Bad Asian FoodIan1VIPDined on 10/8/2013My wife and I went there on a Tuesday night (early) My wife had the Fuzzy Duck.... which tasted like a SALT MINE bad bad bad.....my seafood dinner was just as bad.. I will never go back....
- Good food! Horrible service!!!!!SunnyDined on 9/30/2013The restaurant was empty and our waitress was so inattentive that we had to get up out of our seats several times to get her attention ...to come over and take our order, to tell her one out of the four entrees was overcooked, and to get our bill. The saki margaritas were very good and the idea of the various cupcake and mini cupcake desserts was very cute and tasty. Too bad the service was so horrible!
- Wonderful as it has been every timeEDSSDined on 9/7/2013Every single item on the menu that we have tried has been excellent. I highly recommend Palm Sugar and especially their papaya salad, fuzzy duck, eggplants, etc. The staff is friendly and knowledgable and the menu is diverse. You must try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gemboogDined on 8/10/2013Food was great. So was the service. Deserts were incredible. Wow wow wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic AsianNatyDined on 8/10/2013I am a huge red curry fan and it was excellent. I asked if they had sticky rice with mango desert, which was not on the menu, and they made it for me. It was so delightful. Thye put it in a martini glass with a sorbet/ice cream...looked like sorbet but tasted as good as ice cream....so good! My cousin ordered the pork buns app and mussels. Bother were excellent. Five rating because the meal could not have been better. Also the pinapple sake is awesome.Special Features:
- Unusual MenuBarryDined on 5/14/2013The menu at Palm Sugar is different and original. Dishes such as flash fried bok choy with bacon is a good example. From the tangy salad dressings to the pungent sauces, my eating experience was a delight. The staff was friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was pleasant. If the whole fish was fief a little crispier, it would have been perfect.3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE'VE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMESmashedsweets1Dined on 4/24/2013WE'VE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES SINCE WE DISCOVERED PALM SUGAR...NEVER DISAPPOINTED. OUR FAVE DISH WAS NOT AVAILABLE THE MOST RECENT TIME WE VISITED...THE CHICKEN LIVERS. WE'LL GO BACK IN A HEARTBEAT FOR THOSE! THE ENTIRE STAFF AIM TO PLEASE....THE FOOD SOOOO GOOD, THEY ARE ATTENTIVE TO SPECIAL DIETRY NEED WHEN AT ALL POSSIBLE. GREAT PLACE ALL THE WAY AROUND!Special Features:
- The ull deal.PromisesDined on 4/22/2013I've been to Palm Sugar twice. Both times the food was outstanding. The right blend of heat, taste and awesome presentation.Special Features:
- Always great to return here.PaulVIPDined on 4/20/2013Always great to return here. Food, service , ambiance .... it's all here!Special Features:
- small gem!BandbDined on 4/17/2013Small menu but food is prepared perfectly. They don't rush you and total experience was delightful!Special Features:
- Pan Asian gemBandbDined on 4/11/2013Unusual offerings. Excellent food and friendly service.Special Features:
- Food is wonderful, servedPaulVIPDined on 3/30/2013Food is wonderful, served hot and tasty. Unfortunately they were out of their great " chicken liver" appetizer. However, if your in the area for casual atmosphere and good pan-asian food ... it's a must!Special Features:
- Food was great as well asOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/24/2013Food was great as well as the service. Would recommend!Special Features:
- Palm Sugar is a nice additionfoodieVIPDined on 3/17/2013Palm Sugar is a nice addition to Clematis. The food is well seasoned and the room and service are pleasant.
- This restaurant is consistentlyKC57VIPDined on 3/3/2013This restaurant is consistently good been there couple times and each time it's been very good I recommend those looking for a good Asian restaurant try this. The pork buns are delicious.Special Features:
- Yum-Kim-CheeBaconloverVIPDined on 2/20/2013Great asain fusion. The complexity of the menu for a small restaraunt is surprising. Pick anything - it's yummy!Special Features:
- Great venue right on ClematisPaulVIPDined on 2/5/2013Great venue right on Clematis St. Food and service outstanding with great value. A must try!!Special Features:
- Very good dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2013Our group ordered a wide variety of items and they all were delicious. The fish tacos and panang curry were especially good. The mini cupcakes were an unexpected treat; we purchased 6 to take home and ended up eating them all before we made it back to the hotel.Special Features:
- Menu is interesting but theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2013Menu is interesting but the taste and vibrancy of flavors was missing.Special Features:
- Delicious SurpriseGlad4GrouponVIPDined on 1/5/2013Totally surprised at this wonderful little place. Our waitress was delightful and accommodating in every way. We loved it.Special Features:
- This is a excellent restaurantKC57VIPDined on 11/10/2012This is a excellent restaurant and the food and service outstanding. I will go back again and again. Pork buns unreal and everything else my wife and I ate.Special Features:
- Asian street food is how I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2012Asian street food is how I've heard this reviewed, and I would agree. The hot Asian bun (pork) was amazing. The sake mixed drinks also went down easy. A fun little place with cute decorating. My coconut curry chicken was good, but nothing out of this world. A nice place to try something new, but with all the places to eat in West Palm Beach, I am not sure I'll be back too soon.Special Features: