Palm Restaurant - West Hollywood
9001 Santa Monica Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90069Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - West Hollywood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Los-Angeles-West-Hollywood
- Phone: 3105508811
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pedro Inoscencio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - West Hollywood
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. In Los Angeles, there is no better place to see and be seen than at Palm Restaurant . The famed walls at Palm Restaurant in Los Angeles adorn caricatures of celebrity regulars that include Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, Billy Crystal and Brian Dennehy to name a few. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - West Hollywood - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Palm Restaurant - West Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (100)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (39)hot spot (34)notable wine list (28)romantic (24)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (11)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- So long to Santa Monica blvdOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014We came here to dine one last time before they move to Beverly Hills. Lots of great memories here. Hopefully they will continue the tradition at the new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmLuv2EatDined on 8/30/2014Our lobster dinner was wonderful . The 4 of us enjoyed it and shared several sides . It would be for a special occasion as even with 'the deal' it was still pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hopping and deliciouspeaceandlove16Dined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful experience at The Palm Restaurant. Looking forward to their new location soon.Special Features:
- Turn those tables a bit slowerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014Things did not get off to a great start as my wife and I waited close to 10 minutes before any one approached us with menus or water after we were seated. When I mentioned to our server that I thought we must be invisible, she was a bit shocked. From that point on until the very end, the service was outstanding. But they made an embarrassing error right at the end. By chance, my cousins were seated at the table next to us. So when our bill came, I put my credit card in the bill holder, stood up and visited with them. We were less than 3 feet from our table. Yet, before we got our credit card back, they had cleared the table and had already seated another party at the table. I know they want to turn tables, but that was ridiculous.Special Features:
- Everything was PerfectJunekidDined on 8/29/2014Great service from Tim. Good lunch menu with nice variety. Reasonably priced for the name/reputation of the establishment. Burger was large yet cooked well-done as requested. Cobb salad was good with requested dressing change. Assortment of bread ahead of the meal was a nice touch. Cheesecake is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalmValerieMilanoDined on 8/28/2014My hubby have always loved dining here. Please don't leave WeHoSpecial Features:
- "Kelly's Komments"KellyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Very crowded and noisy. Over priced menu. Service was very good which helped to balance the weaknesses. The restaurant shows its age. I understand it is relocating to Beverly Hills.
- LJH15Dined on 8/27/2014Great lobster; sweet and succulent. Drinks were fantastic and the service was spot on. The staff was also very friendly and accommodating. A great time was had. We will be back for more fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobsterluv2eatoutDined on 8/26/2014Best lobster we have ever eaten. Great food, great service. Live eatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at the Palm RestuarantThatcoolqueDined on 8/26/2014We drove up to the valet and we were met with a friendly greeting. We arrived during the 7pm rush, but hostess was great in handling the rush of customers for our 7pm reservations. She communicated how she would soon return after seating the group ahead of us. While we waited, we ordered some tequila shots at the bar. The bartender was friendly and quick with our drinks. The hostess soon returned and lead us to our table. Our server was Tim and he did a phenomenal job explaining our menu choices. He recommended the 4lbs Lobster special for 2. For two big guys, the meal was enough for us. We ate like Kings. For desert, we ordered the cheesecake with the raspberry glaze... It was amazing! I'm definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Let DownWhyNotReviewDined on 8/25/2014I usually hit the Palm a few times a year. This time was the worst ever. The Lobster Summer deal is not worth it. The Lobsters were not sweet and there was about four bits of meat each from what they say was a 3 lb lobster that cost $80 each with tip. Just think of the 16oz steak we each could have had.Special Features:
- Tried and TrueJacksterDined on 8/24/2014First visit to this well established steak restaurant due to an advertised lobster special and plan to move restaurant to a Beverly Hills location next month. The ad was a little deceptive - a 5 lb lobster dinner for 2 for $99. We each received a half lobster weighing 4 lbs. The meal did come with an appetizer course of soup or salad and a side dish, both were excellent. Service is also polished and friendly.Special Features:
- an old greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014I have been going to this place since I was a baby and I is and always has been a haven for great food and people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eaterDined on 8/20/2014Service was great, but bread was terrible and stallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happydocDined on 8/20/2014Sorry to see it close end of Sept. It was a real ICON.Special Features:
- 30 year laterLewieDined on 8/20/2014For some reason, I have not been to the Palm in West Hollywood for about 30 years. I am not a big steak or lobster eater. I must say that the "Summer Special" 4#lobster split for 2 was the best lobster I have ever had. The martinis are still one of the largest and best to my taste. There were 6 of us and for some reason the traffic was horrible on Santa Monica and Sunset. Our party was 45 minutes late and the host and hostess were so efficient and understanding, we had asked for a round table and because of everyone fighting traffic figured we would get what we would get. We did get the round table and the filets were cooked perfectly, clams casino were delicious. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. See you in BH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm GreatestGarryDined on 8/19/2014Great dinner. Ask for awesome Alex as a server!!!! This establishment is all about the people they serve. From the parking staff to the manager all focus on the customer. Awesome group of people!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!McMiniDined on 8/19/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants and if you love lobster as I do; you should definitely come here. The Palm WeHo will be closing its doors at the end of next month (Sept 2014) so it was a must that we come here before this location closed! I love the old Hollywood vibe & decor here. It's like a part of history. Not to worry it will be reopening in BH. I have always had an outstanding meal here with drinks to match and great service. I also always order the lobster and sometimes a steak as well. And not once have they missed the mark! If you go before the end of August they have a 4lb. $99 lobster special with sides included not to be missed. Get their Caesar salad. It's off the hook delish!! And the onion rings. YUM!Special Features:
- Lobster specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014$99 for a 4 lb lobster split for 2 people! Includes salad and 1 side. Great deal. A LA icon that's moving in September!Special Features:
- LobsterDicosDined on 8/15/2014Came to the Palm for their summer lobster special. They really do this well and great value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They are moving!larsandVIPDined on 8/13/2014After decades at the Santa Monica location, they could not renew their lease so they are moving in a matter of weeks to a new location near the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills. Just what we needed there! Another steakhouse. Think Mastros, Flemings, Ruth's Chris, Cut, Wolfgang's, etc. Most of the famous caricatures will be lost. The food was very good. The kitchen was backed up and I don't think the waiter handled it well. Bottle wines are expensive and corkage is $35.
- The Palms is a neighborhood gemStanleyDined on 8/12/2014We each had the filet mignon for lunch, and it was cooked to perfection and melted in our mouths as it should. Cocktails were delicious, dessert was very fresh, and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst waiter everworstVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had the most horrific service. Our appetizers were late, but the waiter apologized for the lateness. No problem, he is not the cook. Our meal came an hour &5 minutes after we ordered. He apologized again & said it was because of a huge party; however, the table in back of us, who came 15 minutes later that sat 5 were done w/their meal, before we even received ours. We were never offered desert. The waiter was with another table for such a long time, that i had to finally wave him over to bring the check, which should never be done at the Palm. Once he got our table, he apologized for being late because he was in a 30 minute conversation with regulars. Again, never brought a desert menu & returned to chat up the previous table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We always love The Palm. The food is always very good and consistent. The only thing off on this visit is that the waiter forgot to bring the glass of wine I ordered. She realized that she forgot when she brought the check. All in all - we had a great meal.Special Features:
- A Favorite Neighborhood HauntMichelinManDined on 8/8/2014On quieter nights, I patronize the West Hollywood Palm for business dinners because the management, wait staff and food always deliver quality and excellence. On noisier nights when the din makes enjoying a low-decibel conversation more challenging, I party at The Palm with friends. The vongole and chicken (veal) parm never disappoint -- after all, The Palm was originally a ristorante. Clams oreganata, salad with Danish blue cheese dressing and the haricot vert are standout apps and sides. Steaks are solid, as is the seafood. The ambient lighting, unlike many other restaurants, will not scar the retina. If Dragon is your server, it's going to be a good night! Props to GM Tanya Hodge for her excellent stewardship.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EKM1EKM1Dined on 8/8/2014Several days before our reservation, I ordered a 4 lb female steamed lobster for the $99 special. I am a regular and very familiar with the Palm specials and this was my 3rd lobster special, so I am familiar with what to expect when I order a 4lb lobster. When we were at the restaurant, we were told no females lobsters and the and the lobster we were served was a very meager 3 pounder. The tail was the size of a 1 punder. When I complained to the manager, he bought us drinks at the bar, but I was at the Palm for lobster not martinis. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OveratedneverwritereviewsDined on 8/2/2014Went there for their summer lobster special. Lobster frankly was horrible. I am from Boston and sorry, it just is not even close. It's a shame if this is what people in LA think is lobster. My mashed potatoes were just OK also. I never complain, and I also never write these silly reviews but this is different. Others in my group had the rib eye and it was good, and their asparagus was very good. Perhaps they should stick with being a steakhouse. One other thing. We were a group of 4 and the table was so small and cramped as we were pushed up against a wall with a protrusion sticking out. Come on now!
- Always GreatfoodtalkVIPDined on 8/1/2014We dine here often and are never disappointed. Anything you want is never a problem. Food and service were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Again!CatbruinDined on 8/1/2014We celebrate our anniversary here every year with the Summer Lobster Special. It never disappoints! Also great drinks and service!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodDineOutAlotDined on 7/30/2014Excellent steaks. Service was good at the start but when a "more important" party came in we were neglected. Would have ordered 4 desserts & coffee but our waiter was no where to be found concentrating all his efforts on his "other" party. We'll be back but not soon. True, it was a Wednesday evening but the restaurant was extremely quiet---maybe 4 parties---we left at 7:45. We'll go to Dantana's down the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Palm!SherryDined on 7/29/2014We celebrated our anniversary with a visit to the Palm West Hollywood. We started with jumbo shrimp with atomic horseradish and the calarmari. Delicious! Then we went onto the fillet mignon and the new york strip steaks with sides of the baked potato and the brussel sprouts. Excellent...Dessert was the key lime pie with berry compote. We enjoyed a martini and also glass of the house red wine. Fantastic! This location is closing Sep 30 after being there since 1975 and moving to Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- GottaluvthePalmtooGottaluvSpagoDined on 7/28/2014I wanted to visit and dine at the Palm as it was not only used in the US series Californication, but is also a personal favorite of David Duchovny. The staff were excellent!! Very attentive and as soon as I mentioned my reason for booking, they all gathered to offer their filming experiences with the cast and crew and they invited me to take as many photos as I wished and we had a few group photos too. Aside from the superb food and wine, they made my visit all the more special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive But GoodTastyMorselsDined on 7/27/2014Main course meets and seafood is a bit more expensive than in comparable restaurants. Quality is good.Special Features:
- Always specialLotelieDined on 7/26/2014Wondering evening celebrating life's joys and dining on superb lobster. Wait staff professional, attentive to all needs. Great table, load of fun!Special Features:
- Palm-7/26/14 Dinner-West HollywoodNormDined on 7/26/2014The Palm in West Hollywood never disappoints. Food, service and staff fantastic as always.Special Features:
- Still pretty goodRachel1VIPDined on 7/24/2014The quality has dipped a bit. The Monday salad is amatuer Cooking just a cuisinart mess of chopped veggies with vinegar not good nor interesting. Wines were good. Lamb chops and salmon were good but I can't say the mint a jus was greT on the lamb just ok. Had better lamb at Brown Derby. Service hit its stride and was excellent a bit slow in the beginning. Of course very pricey. Sad to see it move to Bev Hills soon like they needed a steak house and across from Maestros which should be interesting.
- pickyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Wish the 4 lb lobster for 2 had been tasty. Very rubbery.
- fantasticrdogj324Dined on 7/21/2014I am looking forward to your new place in BH. But I will miss this one a lot .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldschool GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Food was excellent, more of an old school laid back vibe, not as fancy as we thought. A lot of kids and tourists when we got there for dinner at 8pm. Definitely a great location for surf and turf. The seafood was excellent quality and impeccable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful MealDbrookmaVIPDined on 7/17/2014Always a beautiful meal. Only for aristocrats however.Special Features: