Palm Restaurant - West Hollywood
9001 Santa Monica Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90069Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - West Hollywood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Los-Angeles-West-Hollywood
- Phone: 3105508811
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pedro Inoscencio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining rooms offer a perfect balance of legendary quality and relaxed ambiance with personalized menus, award-wining wine lists, flexible room setup, no room rental fees or food and beverage minimum, and every party qualifies for 837 Club points toward an ever-expanding array rewards!
- Private Party Contact: Gina Cano 3105508811
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - West Hollywood
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. In Los Angeles, there is no better place to see and be seen than at Palm Restaurant . The famed walls at Palm Restaurant in Los Angeles adorn caricatures of celebrity regulars that include Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, Billy Crystal and Brian Dennehy to name a few. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - West Hollywood - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Palm Restaurant - West Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (112)neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (66)good for groups (50)hot spot (44)notable wine list (33)vibrant bar scene (31)great for lunch (30)romantic (27)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (13)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A mustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014The Palm never disappoints. They always make you feel welcomed and special. Food is excellent service friendly and " on point"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The Palm has been at this location for years.. But last weekend was it's last for a while. the food is very good especially if you like steak. the building, in fact block, is going to be torn down. But the Palm will live again on Canon in BH..so don't despair...This is a great place to go for a celebration or a cosy dinner fro two. do make a reservation..come a bit early and sit at the bar and people gaze..it's fun and all the staff are great . it's a party atmosphere most nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sue JOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014We will miss The Palm on Santa Monica what a gem. Look forward to the new place on Canon. Hope the staff remains the same as all as the menu.Special Features:
- Too Bad its ClosingJFG1Dined on 9/27/2014After all these years this location is closing and moving to new digs. I have been going to this Palm for over 35 years. I have the fondest of memories of GIGI - he was the best. I know the food will be as good in the new place, but hoping the ambiance will be as inviting and as much fun. Can't wait to check out the new location.Special Features:
- Great Location!!!Ck1000VIPDined on 9/27/2014The interior of this landmark restaurant is warm and inviting. The history. The famous caricatures. It's Hollywood. That's the draw.Special Features:
- waddayookehrDined on 9/27/2014Will miss it, but anxiously await the new one in BHSpecial Features:
- CMB1Dined on 9/27/2014Great place we have eaten at several of the other locations and wanted to dine here before they moved. Since it is the original in one LA.Special Features:
- Historic LandmarkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Wonderful to dine as this historic landmark is closing. Really happy it's moving to Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- The PalmDC2LADined on 9/26/2014Had to go to The Palm in West Hollywood one last time before they closed on September 30. Sorry to see them close. It was a very special ambiance and cozy place. They said that they will be reopening on Canon in Beverly Hills in November. I hope it will be as special and unique as the West Hollywood location was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineramaDined on 9/25/2014Made a last visit before it closed on 9-30. Still a timeless reminder of Old Hollywood with the drawings of celebrities on the walls and the top-notch menu of old standards. The small filet mignon, crab cakes, creamed spinach and whipped potatoes w/goat cheese served family style were totally satisfying. Only reason I wouldn't recommend it is they're closing. RIP, Palm West Hollywood!Special Features:
- So long, Palm West HollywoodPamBaker91423VIPDined on 9/23/2014Took my daughters to the Palm West Hollywood before they closed...we needed one last lobster experience! Great food, service and we'll miss this special place! Looking forward to the new location in Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- Sad to see the WH location closeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Sad to see it closing to relocate in Beverly Hills. Wonderful place, tremendous memories over the years at the Palm in West Hollywood. Looking forward to the new location. The food, wine and service are always on point!Special Features:
- Good luck with the moveKKMdRDined on 9/18/2014The West Hollywood Palm has been a part of my private and professional life for almost 40 years. Sad to see the old building go with all of its memories. Wishing the Palm family and long-time staff best of luck in the move to Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- Sad to see them leave!JimmyJamesDined on 9/15/2014Wish they weren't leaving West Hollywood! Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but....DavieDined on 9/13/2014The food was great, but the restaurant was old and really congested. The restaurant will be better was they move to beverly hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Hollywood HistoryliquidpaperDined on 9/13/2014The Palm in West Hollywood has been a part of Los Angeles and Hollywood history for years, especially in my family. It was always the place you went when you wanted to celebrate something. It still is. Best steaks in Los Angeles, bar none. Look no further.Special Features:
- CoupleDined on 9/12/2014Great restaurant. will be missed in this location! Hoping prices don't continue to go up. Posted menu is about $10 per entree higher than actual menu. Food is good, and service is great. An iconic restaurant.Special Features:
- Always outstanding service!ChuckVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food was, as always, great! The service was, as always, great! The Palm is the place to go for lunch or dinner. great, basic food in a pleasant atmosphere. The Philly steak sandwich, Reuben sandwich and half&half keep bringing us back. The "power lunch" is a great value for those looking for a bit more food at lunch.Special Features:
- repmekDined on 9/10/2014Too bad this Palm is closing at the end of this month. It will reopen,unfortunately in Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- Sorry to see WeHo Palms go!AikidolphinDined on 9/8/2014Our group enjoyed having our celebration at the Palm in West Hollywood and it was sad to have my first visit be my last to the West Hollywood location. I hope they can save some of the caricatures on the famous wall! The food was quite good and the service was fabulous for our group of 16.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014Went there looking for the Palm of old, and found a place where service was slow, staff was borderline rude and nobody seemed to care. Sadly it seems like the place is past its prime, and I doubt we will be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- vicandbarbDined on 9/7/2014Always great! One of our favorites in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- Stevie G1234444Dined on 9/6/2014It is a shame to see a neighborhood gem like the Palm of many decades in West Hollywood have to close their doors. The good news is that the Palm is relocating just a few blocks West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So long to Santa Monica blvdOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014We came here to dine one last time before they move to Beverly Hills. Lots of great memories here. Hopefully they will continue the tradition at the new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!KfromOKCDined on 8/31/2014I've been going there since 1981. They're about to close...but move to a new location in Beverly Hills (Closer to my favorite hotel). Can't wait for new place. I'm from Thunder Country! So I can't be there all the time. The best staff you'll ever meet! Thank you Tanya Hodge and your staff! Everyone in my party was impressed!!!! Love you all!!! See you all soon!!!Special Features:
- YummmmLuv2EatDined on 8/30/2014Our lobster dinner was wonderful . The 4 of us enjoyed it and shared several sides . It would be for a special occasion as even with 'the deal' it was still pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hopping and deliciouspeaceandlove16Dined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful experience at The Palm Restaurant. Looking forward to their new location soon.Special Features:
- Turn those tables a bit slowerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014Things did not get off to a great start as my wife and I waited close to 10 minutes before any one approached us with menus or water after we were seated. When I mentioned to our server that I thought we must be invisible, she was a bit shocked. From that point on until the very end, the service was outstanding. But they made an embarrassing error right at the end. By chance, my cousins were seated at the table next to us. So when our bill came, I put my credit card in the bill holder, stood up and visited with them. We were less than 3 feet from our table. Yet, before we got our credit card back, they had cleared the table and had already seated another party at the table. I know they want to turn tables, but that was ridiculous.Special Features:
- Everything was PerfectJunekidDined on 8/29/2014Great service from Tim. Good lunch menu with nice variety. Reasonably priced for the name/reputation of the establishment. Burger was large yet cooked well-done as requested. Cobb salad was good with requested dressing change. Assortment of bread ahead of the meal was a nice touch. Cheesecake is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalmValerieMilanoDined on 8/28/2014My hubby have always loved dining here. Please don't leave WeHoSpecial Features:
- "Kelly's Komments"KellyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Very crowded and noisy. Over priced menu. Service was very good which helped to balance the weaknesses. The restaurant shows its age. I understand it is relocating to Beverly Hills.
- LJH15Dined on 8/27/2014Great lobster; sweet and succulent. Drinks were fantastic and the service was spot on. The staff was also very friendly and accommodating. A great time was had. We will be back for more fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobsterluv2eatoutDined on 8/26/2014Best lobster we have ever eaten. Great food, great service. Live eatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at the Palm RestuarantThatcoolqueDined on 8/26/2014We drove up to the valet and we were met with a friendly greeting. We arrived during the 7pm rush, but hostess was great in handling the rush of customers for our 7pm reservations. She communicated how she would soon return after seating the group ahead of us. While we waited, we ordered some tequila shots at the bar. The bartender was friendly and quick with our drinks. The hostess soon returned and lead us to our table. Our server was Tim and he did a phenomenal job explaining our menu choices. He recommended the 4lbs Lobster special for 2. For two big guys, the meal was enough for us. We ate like Kings. For desert, we ordered the cheesecake with the raspberry glaze... It was amazing! I'm definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Let DownWhyNotReviewDined on 8/25/2014I usually hit the Palm a few times a year. This time was the worst ever. The Lobster Summer deal is not worth it. The Lobsters were not sweet and there was about four bits of meat each from what they say was a 3 lb lobster that cost $80 each with tip. Just think of the 16oz steak we each could have had.Special Features:
- Tried and TrueJacksterDined on 8/24/2014First visit to this well established steak restaurant due to an advertised lobster special and plan to move restaurant to a Beverly Hills location next month. The ad was a little deceptive - a 5 lb lobster dinner for 2 for $99. We each received a half lobster weighing 4 lbs. The meal did come with an appetizer course of soup or salad and a side dish, both were excellent. Service is also polished and friendly.Special Features:
- an old greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014I have been going to this place since I was a baby and I is and always has been a haven for great food and people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eaterDined on 8/20/2014Service was great, but bread was terrible and stallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happydocDined on 8/20/2014Sorry to see it close end of Sept. It was a real ICON.Special Features:
- 30 year laterLewieDined on 8/20/2014For some reason, I have not been to the Palm in West Hollywood for about 30 years. I am not a big steak or lobster eater. I must say that the "Summer Special" 4#lobster split for 2 was the best lobster I have ever had. The martinis are still one of the largest and best to my taste. There were 6 of us and for some reason the traffic was horrible on Santa Monica and Sunset. Our party was 45 minutes late and the host and hostess were so efficient and understanding, we had asked for a round table and because of everyone fighting traffic figured we would get what we would get. We did get the round table and the filets were cooked perfectly, clams casino were delicious. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. See you in BH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.