Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
1225 19th Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Washington-DC
- Phone: 2022939091
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch Monday - Friday, 11:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Serving Dinner Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, 5:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Sunday, 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christian Fuentes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. If you can't find your representative on Capitol Hill, you better check Palm Restaurant in Washington DC. Since 1972, Palm Restaurant has built a loyal guest base made up of the who's who of Washington, including the political elite, the city's socialites, power brokers and media personalities such as Tucker Carlson and Bob Schieffer who can also be seen among the hordes of loyal Palm Restaurant guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
282 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (186)great for lunch (99)good for groups (99)notable wine list (91)fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (78)hot spot (75)vibrant bar scene (69)romantic (47)great for outdoor dining (37)kid-friendly (35)late-night find (9)scenic view (7)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Dinner the right wayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2014Delicious as usual. Had dinner at the bar for a change. Chuck was hilarious as my bartender, Eric the manager was checking on our group constantly which was appreciated and his banter truly is what made the experience. We even had a visit from the Chef! What a place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleAjbafVIPDined on 9/13/2014The service was perfect, however the food was just so bad. We had the soft shell crab, it was hard and tasteless. My husband's steak was flavorless as was the creamed spinach.
- Always GoodFood4thoughtDined on 9/13/2014THis was our first time at The Palm in Washington, DC. We normally frequent The Palm restaurants in NYC. As usual The Palm delivers....even in DC. The Maitre'd was outstanding. He was so accommodating when we were lost in DC traffic trying to find our way to the restaurant. This restaurant is fortunate to have him greeting diners. As I have experienced in several other Palm restaurants, the service and food in DC were equally as good. I have never had a bad meal in any Palm restaurant.....and DC lived up to The Palm's stellar reputation.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Tim was a great waiter, top notch. The food and drinks were perfect as well. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Very PleasedHJasonHDined on 9/12/2014I had not been to The Palm before, but during a business trip several of my colleagues and I decided to try it. I'm glad we did. The place has a character all it's own, and the food and service were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concerned about returning.Diningdiva1Dined on 9/10/2014Great service but bland food. We were unable to have a conversation due to the noise and were crammed like sardines while dining. What happened to the Palm? I have eaten here for years and never had this sort of experience.Special Features:
- The place to be in DClastdinersDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding in every respect!! Vibrant atmosphere, great food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Travel in' manforeveryoungDined on 9/8/2014We've been to the Palm in NY many times but this was the first time in DC . We were expecting the same great food and service and we're not disappointed. Lobster s a must and the hash and half unions and potatoes were the best.vSpecial Features:
- Fantastic birthday spotDCDinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating a birthday at the Palm. The restaurant really pulls out all of the stops. The steak was the best I've ever eaten, and the Palm will definitely be my go to for a fancy night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good betluvgoodfoodDined on 9/5/2014The Palm is consistently very good, lots of experienced people working there. My steak was perfect, and my sons chicken parm was great.Special Features:
- Great ServiceBfgillilandVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food and service were both great. Split the 14 oz. filet with my husband. It was plenty of food and it was delicious. Salads are great too. Beer list could use some work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoyousDined on 8/31/2014Great food. Steaks and chicken parm great but huge portion of chicken parm . had green beans and scalloped potatoes both of which very good. My son had his steaked Oscar style. Beautiful. Seemed loud that night. A little hard to carry on a conversation. Also lots of happy birthday singingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodMimiDined on 8/31/2014We celebrate our anniversary at the Palms and were very happy of our choice. The 4 lbs lobster was delicious and the service is friendly and prompt. We will come back for steaks next time. AmySpecial Features:
- Splurge CityFStreetFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Split a 5 pound lobster with my wife. Very, very good. Largest claw I've ever seen. Best blue cheese salad dressing around. Great way to spend a Sunday night of a long weekend. Was surprised to see it so busy for a downtown restaurant on a holiday weekend. Not cheap, but worth it if you are in the mood. Not quiet either, but that's part of the scene.Special Features:
- Birthday cake ??? Shameful !!!MemeDined on 8/30/2014When you're celebrating your birthday and the house gives You a complimentary cake it should be a piece of cake ! not a spoon of whipping cream, for the money that you expend I think it will better not to give anything, is a shame an a chip way to save money. Very disappointing and no more birthday celebrations at The Palm. Victor M. UlloaSpecial Features:
- Another loberster feastUnclejohnDined on 8/30/2014Had three out of five daughters with me for another lobster feast. Two big ole lobsters and a nice filet for me. Sometimes the chef understands rare plus and sometimes they don't. Still all in all a great time was had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lobstermarxieDined on 8/30/2014We had the 4 pound lobster dinner for 2. What a beautiful sight! Excellent tasting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAlmostFoodieDined on 8/28/2014We brought our 2 year old along and were worried we'd be treated as second class, but the opposite occurred! Our server made sure our every need was met and our little one was treated royally. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Special OccasionsHockeyHemingwayDined on 8/25/2014I went for our anniversary. When we arrived, they greeted us with "Happy Anniversary!" and there was an anniversary card on the table, signed by all the wait staff. The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD good, and the waiters really attend to you with that "fine dining experience." Fantastically expensive, though - dinner for two with wine and an appetizer cost $200. Still, would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Lobster specialsamyVIPDined on 8/24/2014Lobster special for two (x2) was a great deal with a very good Caesar salad starter and FF / creamy spinach sides. Service was prompt and professional you expect in a good steak house.
- Great for Business LunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014Make sure to sit in the front patio where it's light and airy - then just enjoy the food and excellent service. The Business Lunch prix fixe is one of the best kept secrets in Washington!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oldie but a goodie!!!Diva1014Dined on 8/21/2014I dined here with fellow co-workers for lunch. The service was fantastic! Everything arrived just as we ordered, and nice and hot. We had some of the last soft shells crabs of the season which were just great! The calamari was good as well. Loved the handmade chips that came with our crabcakes. The crabcakes were all crab with very little filler. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food-The Palm/Service-McDonaldsAnnoymousDined on 8/20/2014837 Club member for 15 years. Menu isn't anything gastronomically exceptional. It's is what it is and is good. However, the service was pedestrian at best. Leaving used plates during the meal on the table, serving dessert while leaving used hand towels (lemon cleaning after eating lobster) on the table, not tidying/cleaning crumbs off the table before dessert, every time the waiter visited the table to bring something, he would stand beside me and lean over in front of me to deliver things/dishes to others at the table vs walking around the table to each person. On one occasion when bringing dessert plates for sharing he actually tossed the forks to everyone's place while holding another table's bowl of soup in front of my face. Pathetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/20/2014I have eaten eat here once every few months for the past 12 years, but in the last 6 weeks I've eaten here 4 times. I'm here either with my fiancé, relatives, or long time friends when they come to town. I usually eat their lobsters (best place in DC for this), with sides, appetizers, and then usually have some steak either with, or right after, the lobsters. Good wine list, reasonable corkage policy, and the best and most fun staff of any high end restaurant in the City. From the outstanding maître 'd to my favorite servers (Timmy and Amy), to even the guys who park my car and don't bother with a ticket (because they remember me), this has become my go-to place in DC. These people know how to take care of their guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent food and service, as usual. We had the lobster special, splitting a lobster, for two, which was further enhanced by a free upgrade in lobster size, to 5 pounds. The lobster, as usual, was expertly prepared and served, with a minimum of effort on our part required to eat it.Special Features:
- MixedbarbaraDined on 8/19/2014The food at the Palm is consistently good. Though I've never had this problem before, the service was not good and the noise was quite annoying.
- Lobster dinner35thaniversaryDined on 8/18/2014Was very disappointed with the quality of the lobster. My wife and I ordered the 4lb lobster dinner for 2. The lobster was tough and rubbery, the side if creamed spinnich was soured, and the baked clams were the size of a quarter. Best part of the meal was the ceaser salad and mashed potatoes
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Will always go back. Love everything about it. The people are great; give great service , all the time.Special Features:
- Hats off and take a BOW...DCraigDined on 8/16/2014The Palm is truly TOP of the line. If you want class and elegance THIS is the place to come. The food is more than great and the one thing that beats the food is the service. All the staff treats you and your guest like you’re the only ones in the restaurant. The wait staff is up close and personal and this is rare commodity in today’s society. Hats off and take a BOW...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a foodie junk food bingeRFranDined on 8/15/2014This steak house never disappoints when you're in the mood for some high quality fat. And I don't eat red meat. Go there for the fish and the sides - creamed spinach, fried onions and the crispiest chip-like potatoes in the half and half. Excellent bread. Good salads. LOVE the grilled chicken cobb. I also enjoy the power lunch ambiance at lunch. And yet my kids love it too. Just had their flourless chocolate cake, which was excellent. I would say when I want to be totally self-indulgent in a good ol' all American way this is one of my favorite places. I gave the service a 4 since it normally is quite good. This last time I didn't find it so - obviously inexperienced server.Special Features:
- Samuel123Samuel123Dined on 8/10/2014This was my first visit to the Palm in about 15 years, and I was a bit disappointed. The food was excellent, although our waiter neglected to tell us about the lobster special, and we had to get that information from the waiter from the next table over from us. Also, my girlfriend became annoyed because our waiter continued to call her honey until she told him not to do it anymore. Otherwise, the wine steward was extremely helpful, and after we ordered a bottle of wine we did not like, she came over and recommended a great bottle of wine which we enjoyed greatly. Incidentally, I would like to thank the management for not charging us for the bottle of wine that we did not like.Special Features:
- An oldie but a goodie...moneypennyDined on 8/9/2014This might just be my favorite restaurant for food ever...the steaks were amazing and the sides were yummy too. The Palm is perfect for a really good meal.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionPerfectDined on 8/9/2014Food delicious. Service outstanding. Came to this restaurant for my sister's birthday on August 9th the service was phenomenal. .. I don't remember my server's name but he made it very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but expensivewnedderDined on 8/7/2014Wife and I had wonderful meal with perfect service. We will return again. Server did not charge me for cocktail that I ordered but did not like. Nice touch!!Special Features:
- LovesFoodVIPDined on 8/6/2014Certainly lived up to my expectations. Server was fun and friendly and professional. Food was also very good. Swordfish (big portion), salads, and side dishes all hit the spot. Plus dessert made for a great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014Consistently good traditional food with fresh ingredients. Prefer the Light-filled glass enclosed seating in the front rather than the darker interior.Special Features:
- Still one of the best.UnclejohnDined on 8/3/2014Some restaurants change year to year or even season to season. Not The Palm. Great wait staff and great food.
- Great FoodAdvntrgrl1Dined on 8/2/2014Food was great as always. Restaurant was sooooo noisy. Service was average. Felt like our waiter was paying more attention to his bigger tables and we were an after thought.Special Features:
- best lobsta in townddinerDined on 8/2/2014Consistency is their speciality. I always come here for the lobster; it never disappoints. Their cocktail shrimp are also the best in town and should never go un-ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMartywVIPDined on 7/30/2014We dine at the Palm about 4 times a year. Most of the time is has been great! This time the food was much below par and the service was poor -- by a waiter who is usually great -- but appeared to be less than interested in providing acceptable service. He seemed to be preoccupied with folks at another table nearby, hovering over them for most of the time we were there. Two of the four lobster dinners were barely edible. The other two were marginal, at best. To the credit of the manager, Kim, she took off the price of two dinners.