Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
1225 19th Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Washington-DC
- Phone: 2022939091
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch Monday - Friday, 11:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Serving Dinner Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, 5:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Sunday, 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christian Fuentes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. If you can't find your representative on Capitol Hill, you better check Palm Restaurant in Washington DC. Since 1972, Palm Restaurant has built a loyal guest base made up of the who's who of Washington, including the political elite, the city's socialites, power brokers and media personalities such as Tucker Carlson and Bob Schieffer who can also be seen among the hordes of loyal Palm Restaurant guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
283 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (188)good for groups (103)great for lunch (96)fit for foodies (93)notable wine list (88)neighborhood gem (77)vibrant bar scene (71)hot spot (69)romantic (46)great for outdoor dining (38)kid-friendly (37)late-night find (9)scenic view (6)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Amazing FoodFantasticDined on 9/27/2014The quality of the food was outstanding. The steak and seafood were cooked to perfection. Overall, the noise level was more than we had expected but you got used to it after a little while. Parking can be a challenge on the weekends but overall was an enjoyable dinning experience.Special Features:
- Best Steak EverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014On Holiday from Scotland and this was the best restaurant we dined at by a Mile. From the moment we arrived till we left we were treated brilliantly,the food and service was of a very high level and nothing wasa problem. If you are in Washington give it a try,the Steaks are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak/lobster, perhaps worth costOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food, good service, significantly overpricedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerColonelVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great place for a celebration. The staff can really belt it out.Special Features:
- Skip itcher10VIPDined on 9/26/2014Our first perception was how loud the restaurant was. There were a number of large groups and the volume level was high. Our waiter was very professional. We ordered the salad with shrimp, while it's a nice size salad ,the shrimp certainly didn't taste like first class shrimp. The lobster is served nicely with someone coming and breaking the claws to get the meat out of, but the lobster itself was chewy, a disappointment The filet mignon was not hot and once again not bad but certainly nothing great. Hash browns were loaded with oil. Try another steak house.Special Features:
- Poor food at DC PalmMrMet111Dined on 9/23/2014I consider myself a Palm expert, having spent over 80k at the various ones around the country. Tis was by far the worst eating experience I have ever had at any. Appetizer and main dish were way over cooked and uneatable.
- Work EventworkANDeatDined on 9/22/2014We took 6 new clients out to dinner. Our food was amazing, hostess was extremely helpful as our party grew by 2 at the last minute, our waiter was amazing - great recommendations, great energy, great humor - and it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Priced itself outJJD1Dined on 9/22/2014I took my son there for a quick dinner knowing it would be consistent. Salad , steak and split veg was $85/ head with no alcohol. Think they are proving themselves out.Special Features:
- Better the First timeArtman49Dined on 9/18/2014The first time we dined at the venerable Palm, it was a wonderful experience. The next time was not so remarkable. The food was very good. The service was minimal. The noise level was uncomfortably loud. The food may require a return visit, but no time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!Logger60Dined on 9/17/2014The bone-in ribeye is terrific! Love the creamed spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive and great serviceDrewstanbulDined on 9/16/2014A landmark steak and lobster place. My #1 choice in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner the right wayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2014Delicious as usual. Had dinner at the bar for a change. Chuck was hilarious as my bartender, Eric the manager was checking on our group constantly which was appreciated and his banter truly is what made the experience. We even had a visit from the Chef! What a place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleAjbafVIPDined on 9/13/2014The service was perfect, however the food was just so bad. We had the soft shell crab, it was hard and tasteless. My husband's steak was flavorless as was the creamed spinach.
- Always GoodFood4thoughtDined on 9/13/2014THis was our first time at The Palm in Washington, DC. We normally frequent The Palm restaurants in NYC. As usual The Palm delivers....even in DC. The Maitre'd was outstanding. He was so accommodating when we were lost in DC traffic trying to find our way to the restaurant. This restaurant is fortunate to have him greeting diners. As I have experienced in several other Palm restaurants, the service and food in DC were equally as good. I have never had a bad meal in any Palm restaurant.....and DC lived up to The Palm's stellar reputation.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Tim was a great waiter, top notch. The food and drinks were perfect as well. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Very PleasedHJasonHDined on 9/12/2014I had not been to The Palm before, but during a business trip several of my colleagues and I decided to try it. I'm glad we did. The place has a character all it's own, and the food and service were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concerned about returning.Diningdiva1Dined on 9/10/2014Great service but bland food. We were unable to have a conversation due to the noise and were crammed like sardines while dining. What happened to the Palm? I have eaten here for years and never had this sort of experience.Special Features:
- The place to be in DClastdinersDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding in every respect!! Vibrant atmosphere, great food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Travel in' manforeveryoungDined on 9/8/2014We've been to the Palm in NY many times but this was the first time in DC . We were expecting the same great food and service and we're not disappointed. Lobster s a must and the hash and half unions and potatoes were the best.vSpecial Features:
- Fantastic birthday spotDCDinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating a birthday at the Palm. The restaurant really pulls out all of the stops. The steak was the best I've ever eaten, and the Palm will definitely be my go to for a fancy night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good betluvgoodfoodDined on 9/5/2014The Palm is consistently very good, lots of experienced people working there. My steak was perfect, and my sons chicken parm was great.Special Features:
- Great ServiceBfgillilandVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food and service were both great. Split the 14 oz. filet with my husband. It was plenty of food and it was delicious. Salads are great too. Beer list could use some work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoyousDined on 8/31/2014Great food. Steaks and chicken parm great but huge portion of chicken parm . had green beans and scalloped potatoes both of which very good. My son had his steaked Oscar style. Beautiful. Seemed loud that night. A little hard to carry on a conversation. Also lots of happy birthday singingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodMimiDined on 8/31/2014We celebrate our anniversary at the Palms and were very happy of our choice. The 4 lbs lobster was delicious and the service is friendly and prompt. We will come back for steaks next time. AmySpecial Features:
- Splurge CityFStreetFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Split a 5 pound lobster with my wife. Very, very good. Largest claw I've ever seen. Best blue cheese salad dressing around. Great way to spend a Sunday night of a long weekend. Was surprised to see it so busy for a downtown restaurant on a holiday weekend. Not cheap, but worth it if you are in the mood. Not quiet either, but that's part of the scene.Special Features:
- Birthday cake ??? Shameful !!!MemeDined on 8/30/2014When you're celebrating your birthday and the house gives You a complimentary cake it should be a piece of cake ! not a spoon of whipping cream, for the money that you expend I think it will better not to give anything, is a shame an a chip way to save money. Very disappointing and no more birthday celebrations at The Palm. Victor M. UlloaSpecial Features:
- Another loberster feastUnclejohnDined on 8/30/2014Had three out of five daughters with me for another lobster feast. Two big ole lobsters and a nice filet for me. Sometimes the chef understands rare plus and sometimes they don't. Still all in all a great time was had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lobstermarxieDined on 8/30/2014We had the 4 pound lobster dinner for 2. What a beautiful sight! Excellent tasting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAlmostFoodieDined on 8/28/2014We brought our 2 year old along and were worried we'd be treated as second class, but the opposite occurred! Our server made sure our every need was met and our little one was treated royally. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Special OccasionsHockeyHemingwayDined on 8/25/2014I went for our anniversary. When we arrived, they greeted us with "Happy Anniversary!" and there was an anniversary card on the table, signed by all the wait staff. The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD good, and the waiters really attend to you with that "fine dining experience." Fantastically expensive, though - dinner for two with wine and an appetizer cost $200. Still, would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Lobster specialsamyVIPDined on 8/24/2014Lobster special for two (x2) was a great deal with a very good Caesar salad starter and FF / creamy spinach sides. Service was prompt and professional you expect in a good steak house.
- Great for Business LunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014Make sure to sit in the front patio where it's light and airy - then just enjoy the food and excellent service. The Business Lunch prix fixe is one of the best kept secrets in Washington!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oldie but a goodie!!!Diva1014Dined on 8/21/2014I dined here with fellow co-workers for lunch. The service was fantastic! Everything arrived just as we ordered, and nice and hot. We had some of the last soft shells crabs of the season which were just great! The calamari was good as well. Loved the handmade chips that came with our crabcakes. The crabcakes were all crab with very little filler. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food-The Palm/Service-McDonaldsAnnoymousDined on 8/20/2014837 Club member for 15 years. Menu isn't anything gastronomically exceptional. It's is what it is and is good. However, the service was pedestrian at best. Leaving used plates during the meal on the table, serving dessert while leaving used hand towels (lemon cleaning after eating lobster) on the table, not tidying/cleaning crumbs off the table before dessert, every time the waiter visited the table to bring something, he would stand beside me and lean over in front of me to deliver things/dishes to others at the table vs walking around the table to each person. On one occasion when bringing dessert plates for sharing he actually tossed the forks to everyone's place while holding another table's bowl of soup in front of my face. Pathetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/20/2014I have eaten eat here once every few months for the past 12 years, but in the last 6 weeks I've eaten here 4 times. I'm here either with my fiancé, relatives, or long time friends when they come to town. I usually eat their lobsters (best place in DC for this), with sides, appetizers, and then usually have some steak either with, or right after, the lobsters. Good wine list, reasonable corkage policy, and the best and most fun staff of any high end restaurant in the City. From the outstanding maître 'd to my favorite servers (Timmy and Amy), to even the guys who park my car and don't bother with a ticket (because they remember me), this has become my go-to place in DC. These people know how to take care of their guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent food and service, as usual. We had the lobster special, splitting a lobster, for two, which was further enhanced by a free upgrade in lobster size, to 5 pounds. The lobster, as usual, was expertly prepared and served, with a minimum of effort on our part required to eat it.Special Features:
- MixedbarbaraDined on 8/19/2014The food at the Palm is consistently good. Though I've never had this problem before, the service was not good and the noise was quite annoying.
- Lobster dinner35thaniversaryDined on 8/18/2014Was very disappointed with the quality of the lobster. My wife and I ordered the 4lb lobster dinner for 2. The lobster was tough and rubbery, the side if creamed spinnich was soured, and the baked clams were the size of a quarter. Best part of the meal was the ceaser salad and mashed potatoes
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Will always go back. Love everything about it. The people are great; give great service , all the time.Special Features:
- Hats off and take a BOW...DCraigDined on 8/16/2014The Palm is truly TOP of the line. If you want class and elegance THIS is the place to come. The food is more than great and the one thing that beats the food is the service. All the staff treats you and your guest like you’re the only ones in the restaurant. The wait staff is up close and personal and this is rare commodity in today’s society. Hats off and take a BOW...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.