Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
1225 19th Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Washington-DC
- Phone: 2022939091
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch Monday - Friday, 11:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Serving Dinner Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, 5:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Sunday, 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christian Fuentes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. If you can't find your representative on Capitol Hill, you better check Palm Restaurant in Washington DC. Since 1972, Palm Restaurant has built a loyal guest base made up of the who's who of Washington, including the political elite, the city's socialites, power brokers and media personalities such as Tucker Carlson and Bob Schieffer who can also be seen among the hordes of loyal Palm Restaurant guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (176)good for groups (95)great for lunch (90)fit for foodies (90)notable wine list (76)neighborhood gem (69)vibrant bar scene (67)hot spot (59)romantic (38)great for outdoor dining (34)kid-friendly (30)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Legendary, holds up wellMarkHDined on 10/13/2014Worth seeing for the pictures on the wall alone. Humorous, varied, and skilful, they depict not only Presidents and First Ladies, but many other American figures who will be obscure to some younger Americans, let alone to Brits like myself. The steak was first class, the scallops wrapped in bacon too - tradition personified and perfected. If you wish - as I did this evening - to splurge, even alone, and drink most of a whole bottle of red, this is a useful list from which to do it. There were several excellent bottles near the lower end of the range. I settled on an Antica 2010, "Antinori's Californication" it should perhaps be called! A bit too young, like most really fine bottles in restaurants, but well worth its 92 Parker Points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakGreggCDined on 10/12/2014I went on recommendation from a friend and wasn't disappointed. The food was excellent. I tried the 14 oz New York. After having an entire, two side was too much. But I made sure I ate all of the meat. I'd certainly return. Service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT GOODNEALLYDined on 10/11/2014The experience did not meet my expectations, The food was fair. The money I spent. I expected better.Special Features:
- The Palm That Wasn'tFoodieForeverVIPDined on 10/5/2014My friends and I went to the Palm for a celebration feast in one of the iconic steakhouses in America. We had an early reservation that we booked months in advance and despite the planning, we didn't even get to sit in the restaurant, but rather their patio room, no caricatures, no ambiance. To add insult to injury, the restaurant was almost empty and we still got seated with a street view and saw two rather large rats scurrying by. Our steaks were ok, cooked to perfection, but found quite a bit of gristle in the ribeye. The sides were adequate, but what helped the overall experience was our server, Hannah and her team -- great service! If you want a great experience you should demand to eat inside or go somewhere else!
- First time- will be backouttoomuchDined on 10/4/2014Upon the recommendation of a friend, had dinner while visiting our daughter for parents weekend at college. Perfect meal to catch up, service was attentive not overbearing. Food was on point- we went for the steaks, but the Italian option is a great addition. Stacks up against the top steak houses in NYC. Lively atmosphere, had a great time.Special Features:
- Just as rememberedMomtolunchDined on 10/4/2014My husband dined at the Palm several times for business years ago. He always wanted me to experience this place. It lived up to his memory. Steak was terrific, as was everything we ate. Their wedge salad was entirely different than what I normally have but absolutely delicious! The service was superb. Great choice for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I went to DC for the weekend and wanted a wonderful place to eat. The steaks are to die for. The wait staff was friendly and left you be without ignoring you. This allowed you to have a private and yet social dinner together. Everything was spot on! Loved, loved, loved this restaurant. Be prepared to have a bill well over 150.00 but would do again!Special Features:
- Terrific once again!Logger60Dined on 10/1/2014John is such a great waiter. Three friends for dinner and he was like a fourth. I've been going there for over 30 years and it never stops being special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Group Choiceericoa1VIPDined on 9/29/2014This was a group lunch to celebrate a coworker's birthday. The service was great; they even sang happy birthday! The food was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodFantasticDined on 9/27/2014The quality of the food was outstanding. The steak and seafood were cooked to perfection. Overall, the noise level was more than we had expected but you got used to it after a little while. Parking can be a challenge on the weekends but overall was an enjoyable dinning experience.Special Features:
- Best Steak EverGiants25Dined on 9/27/2014On Holiday from Scotland and this was the best restaurant we dined at by a Mile. From the moment we arrived till we left we were treated brilliantly,the food and service was of a very high level and nothing wasa problem. If you are in Washington give it a try,the Steaks are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak/lobster, perhaps worth costOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food, good service, significantly overpricedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerColonelVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great place for a celebration. The staff can really belt it out.Special Features:
- Skip itcher10VIPDined on 9/26/2014Our first perception was how loud the restaurant was. There were a number of large groups and the volume level was high. Our waiter was very professional. We ordered the salad with shrimp, while it's a nice size salad ,the shrimp certainly didn't taste like first class shrimp. The lobster is served nicely with someone coming and breaking the claws to get the meat out of, but the lobster itself was chewy, a disappointment The filet mignon was not hot and once again not bad but certainly nothing great. Hash browns were loaded with oil. Try another steak house.Special Features:
- Poor food at DC PalmMrMet111Dined on 9/23/2014I consider myself a Palm expert, having spent over 80k at the various ones around the country. Tis was by far the worst eating experience I have ever had at any. Appetizer and main dish were way over cooked and uneatable.
- Work EventworkANDeatDined on 9/22/2014We took 6 new clients out to dinner. Our food was amazing, hostess was extremely helpful as our party grew by 2 at the last minute, our waiter was amazing - great recommendations, great energy, great humor - and it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Priced itself outJJD1Dined on 9/22/2014I took my son there for a quick dinner knowing it would be consistent. Salad , steak and split veg was $85/ head with no alcohol. Think they are proving themselves out.Special Features:
- Better the First timeArtman49Dined on 9/18/2014The first time we dined at the venerable Palm, it was a wonderful experience. The next time was not so remarkable. The food was very good. The service was minimal. The noise level was uncomfortably loud. The food may require a return visit, but no time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!Logger60Dined on 9/17/2014The bone-in ribeye is terrific! Love the creamed spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive and great serviceDrewstanbulDined on 9/16/2014A landmark steak and lobster place. My #1 choice in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner the right wayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2014Delicious as usual. Had dinner at the bar for a change. Chuck was hilarious as my bartender, Eric the manager was checking on our group constantly which was appreciated and his banter truly is what made the experience. We even had a visit from the Chef! What a place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleAjbafVIPDined on 9/13/2014The service was perfect, however the food was just so bad. We had the soft shell crab, it was hard and tasteless. My husband's steak was flavorless as was the creamed spinach.
- Always GoodFood4thoughtDined on 9/13/2014THis was our first time at The Palm in Washington, DC. We normally frequent The Palm restaurants in NYC. As usual The Palm delivers....even in DC. The Maitre'd was outstanding. He was so accommodating when we were lost in DC traffic trying to find our way to the restaurant. This restaurant is fortunate to have him greeting diners. As I have experienced in several other Palm restaurants, the service and food in DC were equally as good. I have never had a bad meal in any Palm restaurant.....and DC lived up to The Palm's stellar reputation.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Tim was a great waiter, top notch. The food and drinks were perfect as well. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Very PleasedHJasonHDined on 9/12/2014I had not been to The Palm before, but during a business trip several of my colleagues and I decided to try it. I'm glad we did. The place has a character all it's own, and the food and service were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concerned about returning.Diningdiva1Dined on 9/10/2014Great service but bland food. We were unable to have a conversation due to the noise and were crammed like sardines while dining. What happened to the Palm? I have eaten here for years and never had this sort of experience.Special Features:
- The place to be in DClastdinersDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding in every respect!! Vibrant atmosphere, great food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Travel in' manforeveryoungVIPDined on 9/8/2014We've been to the Palm in NY many times but this was the first time in DC . We were expecting the same great food and service and we're not disappointed. Lobster s a must and the hash and half unions and potatoes were the best.vSpecial Features:
- Fantastic birthday spotDCDinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating a birthday at the Palm. The restaurant really pulls out all of the stops. The steak was the best I've ever eaten, and the Palm will definitely be my go to for a fancy night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good betluvgoodfoodDined on 9/5/2014The Palm is consistently very good, lots of experienced people working there. My steak was perfect, and my sons chicken parm was great.Special Features:
- Great ServiceBfgillilandVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food and service were both great. Split the 14 oz. filet with my husband. It was plenty of food and it was delicious. Salads are great too. Beer list could use some work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoyousDined on 8/31/2014Great food. Steaks and chicken parm great but huge portion of chicken parm . had green beans and scalloped potatoes both of which very good. My son had his steaked Oscar style. Beautiful. Seemed loud that night. A little hard to carry on a conversation. Also lots of happy birthday singingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodMimiDined on 8/31/2014We celebrate our anniversary at the Palms and were very happy of our choice. The 4 lbs lobster was delicious and the service is friendly and prompt. We will come back for steaks next time. AmySpecial Features:
- Splurge CityFStreetFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Split a 5 pound lobster with my wife. Very, very good. Largest claw I've ever seen. Best blue cheese salad dressing around. Great way to spend a Sunday night of a long weekend. Was surprised to see it so busy for a downtown restaurant on a holiday weekend. Not cheap, but worth it if you are in the mood. Not quiet either, but that's part of the scene.Special Features:
- Birthday cake ??? Shameful !!!MemeDined on 8/30/2014When you're celebrating your birthday and the house gives You a complimentary cake it should be a piece of cake ! not a spoon of whipping cream, for the money that you expend I think it will better not to give anything, is a shame an a chip way to save money. Very disappointing and no more birthday celebrations at The Palm. Victor M. UlloaSpecial Features:
- Another loberster feastUnclejohnDined on 8/30/2014Had three out of five daughters with me for another lobster feast. Two big ole lobsters and a nice filet for me. Sometimes the chef understands rare plus and sometimes they don't. Still all in all a great time was had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lobstermarxieDined on 8/30/2014We had the 4 pound lobster dinner for 2. What a beautiful sight! Excellent tasting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAlmostFoodieDined on 8/28/2014We brought our 2 year old along and were worried we'd be treated as second class, but the opposite occurred! Our server made sure our every need was met and our little one was treated royally. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Special OccasionsHockeyHemingwayDined on 8/25/2014I went for our anniversary. When we arrived, they greeted us with "Happy Anniversary!" and there was an anniversary card on the table, signed by all the wait staff. The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD good, and the waiters really attend to you with that "fine dining experience." Fantastically expensive, though - dinner for two with wine and an appetizer cost $200. Still, would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Lobster specialsamyVIPDined on 8/24/2014Lobster special for two (x2) was a great deal with a very good Caesar salad starter and FF / creamy spinach sides. Service was prompt and professional you expect in a good steak house.