Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
1225 19th Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Washington-DC
- Phone: 2022939091
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch Monday - Friday, 11:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Serving Dinner Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, 5:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Sunday, 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christian Fuentes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. If you can't find your representative on Capitol Hill, you better check Palm Restaurant in Washington DC. Since 1972, Palm Restaurant has built a loyal guest base made up of the who's who of Washington, including the political elite, the city's socialites, power brokers and media personalities such as Tucker Carlson and Bob Schieffer who can also be seen among the hordes of loyal Palm Restaurant guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
277 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (180)good for groups (95)great for lunch (94)notable wine list (93)fit for foodies (87)neighborhood gem (76)hot spot (76)vibrant bar scene (68)romantic (49)great for outdoor dining (40)kid-friendly (34)scenic view (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Hats off and take a BOW...DCraigDined on 8/16/2014The Palm is truly TOP of the line. If you want class and elegance THIS is the place to come. The food is more than great and the one thing that beats the food is the service. All the staff treats you and your guest like you’re the only ones in the restaurant. The wait staff is up close and personal and this is rare commodity in today’s society. Hats off and take a BOW...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a foodie junk food bingeRFranDined on 8/15/2014This steak house never disappoints when you're in the mood for some high quality fat. And I don't eat red meat. Go there for the fish and the sides - creamed spinach, fried onions and the crispiest chip-like potatoes in the half and half. Excellent bread. Good salads. LOVE the grilled chicken cobb. I also enjoy the power lunch ambiance at lunch. And yet my kids love it too. Just had their flourless chocolate cake, which was excellent. I would say when I want to be totally self-indulgent in a good ol' all American way this is one of my favorite places. I gave the service a 4 since it normally is quite good. This last time I didn't find it so - obviously inexperienced server.Special Features:
- Samuel123Samuel123Dined on 8/10/2014This was my first visit to the Palm in about 15 years, and I was a bit disappointed. The food was excellent, although our waiter neglected to tell us about the lobster special, and we had to get that information from the waiter from the next table over from us. Also, my girlfriend became annoyed because our waiter continued to call her honey until she told him not to do it anymore. Otherwise, the wine steward was extremely helpful, and after we ordered a bottle of wine we did not like, she came over and recommended a great bottle of wine which we enjoyed greatly. Incidentally, I would like to thank the management for not charging us for the bottle of wine that we did not like.Special Features:
- An oldie but a goodie...moneypennyDined on 8/9/2014This might just be my favorite restaurant for food ever...the steaks were amazing and the sides were yummy too. The Palm is perfect for a really good meal.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionPerfectDined on 8/9/2014Food delicious. Service outstanding. Came to this restaurant for my sister's birthday on August 9th the service was phenomenal. .. I don't remember my server's name but he made it very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but expensivewnedderDined on 8/7/2014Wife and I had wonderful meal with perfect service. We will return again. Server did not charge me for cocktail that I ordered but did not like. Nice touch!!Special Features:
- LovesFoodVIPDined on 8/6/2014Certainly lived up to my expectations. Server was fun and friendly and professional. Food was also very good. Swordfish (big portion), salads, and side dishes all hit the spot. Plus dessert made for a great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014Consistently good traditional food with fresh ingredients. Prefer the Light-filled glass enclosed seating in the front rather than the darker interior.Special Features:
- Great FoodAdvntrgrl1Dined on 8/2/2014Food was great as always. Restaurant was sooooo noisy. Service was average. Felt like our waiter was paying more attention to his bigger tables and we were an after thought.Special Features:
- best lobsta in townddinerDined on 8/2/2014Consistency is their speciality. I always come here for the lobster; it never disappoints. Their cocktail shrimp are also the best in town and should never go un-ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMartywVIPDined on 7/30/2014We dine at the Palm about 4 times a year. Most of the time is has been great! This time the food was much below par and the service was poor -- by a waiter who is usually great -- but appeared to be less than interested in providing acceptable service. He seemed to be preoccupied with folks at another table nearby, hovering over them for most of the time we were there. Two of the four lobster dinners were barely edible. The other two were marginal, at best. To the credit of the manager, Kim, she took off the price of two dinners.
- The Power MealCurrican6Dined on 7/29/2014As usual, the Palm provided a very good, reliable high-end steak-house experience. The iceberg lettuce wedge (with bacon, fried onions, etc), was delicious. My veal martini was very nice, as was my dinner companion's filet mignon. The creamed spinach had a very distinct spinach flavor, and were rich & creamy. The green beans with pine nuts & pancetta also came (without warning) with what appeared to be flecks of red chili pepper, which made them inedible for two of our party. The flourless chocolate cake was also light and delicious. The service was attentive and accomodating. Of course, it was expensive, but one expects that going in at a place like the Palm. We enjoyed our dinners, and will return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Lobster SpecialdccoolDined on 7/29/2014We had the lobster special and it was delicious. The service was excellent and the food was plenty for two people.Special Features:
- disappointingchefeksDined on 7/28/2014It had been many years since we had ate at The Palm so we were looking forward to the summer lobster special. Our fond memories of the creamed spinach were wiped out with the first bite of thick, floury, tasteless spinach. Rest of food was good, not great, but quickly got cold because the air conditioning was set at what felt like 60º. We could not wait to sign for the check and get out.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014We went for our anniversary. We had the lobster special. The lobster was cooked well and not tough. The potato au gratin with three cheeses was fabulous! Amy was very nice and attentive. We will surely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseVarnaDined on 7/26/2014The Palm is my favorite steakhouse in DC. The service could not be better and the food (although expensive) absolutely terrific. Try the half and half side order. Yummy.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014I've heard so much about The Palm that I chose it for our monthly girls outing. Nothing special about the food. Maybe I should have ordered a steak to be impressed. I ordered crab cakes and they were extreamly salty. The portion size was great,however, due to the taste I only ate one of the three. The service was top notch; I couldn't ask for anything more in that area. Just wish my meal matched the service. I would recommend the restaurant to others to as you have to try it at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerBigDaddyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Took my daughter at her request for a downtown lunch. Eric is an absolute professional orchestrates is runners and back waiters as a highly effective team. Service is always a great part of the Palm on 19th Street. Recommend the power lunch prix fix. Great value and the selections can't miss. Love the Palm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Food was very good except too much salad dressing on the Caesar salad. There were only three parties in the restaurant when we arrived but we were seated very close to another one and shared a waiter with them. He spent way more time talking and waiting on them then us. It was rather annoying after a while considering the prices we were paying and the lack of attention. Veal and steak were awesome but sides were average and pricey. Good meal will probably not return.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed a delicious lobster dinner. Mike A provided excellent service.Special Features:
- Great Dinner SpotChucklynnDined on 7/18/2014Great food, wonderful service and perfect location!!Special Features:
- Will not dine there againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014First of all, valet was standing in front of the restaurant and did not move when we pulled up. We had to ask "Are you valet?" before they came to our vehicle. Ordered NY strip. It was tough & dry. For a $200+ meal, it was terrible.
- Everything but the Chicken ParmdpbeachDined on 7/12/2014Everything that was served to our table of four was suburb, except the Chicken parmesian (I know, why order chicken parm at The Palm?), which was a tasteless mess of warm, not hot, melted cheese and red sauce drowning tough overcooked chicken. It was akin to something you might expect at a truck stop. The steaks and tuna were excellent as was the lobster bisque.
- Lobster for 2!BluesLoverDined on 7/12/2014My date and I enjoyed a very romantic dinner at The Palm on a Saturday. We ordered the summer "Lobster for 2" special for $99, which was a great deal for this location. The service was impeccable, and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an elegant dining experience with quality options for food, wine and cocktails.Special Features:
- Jade9913VIPDined on 7/12/2014The waiter was not friendly or helpful. I asked for medium plus and got well done. My husband and I split a filet and they butterflied it and then cooked it. Awful experience.
- if your worst problem is that...ProsecoVIPDined on 7/11/2014the abundant lobstermeat heaped on top of the filet mignon was way overcooked but the steak was perfect... a bit too much dressing on the worlds greatest Caesar Salad... nothing to complain about even at these prices... even though these prices do call for a higher standard when grading... Overall, very very good.Special Features:
- LoriDined on 7/11/2014I have been going to the Palm for years and have never been disappointed. Love the food, the atmosphere, the service and the people!! One of my favorite restaurants out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a night!GregDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I celebrated our seventh anniversary in D.C. and ate at the Palm Restaurant. The fantastic food, terrific service), and luxurious ambiance was memorable. A night well spent. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- sseatsVIPDined on 7/10/2014A good lobster deal in Summer. Very good onion strings and lobster bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but prepare for loud!sparksDined on 7/10/2014I love the Palm because of the food and service but think of the loudest rock concert you've ever been to and that's what the noise level is like - you have to be mouth to ear to hear what's being said by the person next to you and forget hearing the person across from you. Go early or late and you'll probably have a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- singnkittyVIPDined on 7/7/2014From the moment we arrived, the staff were courteous & friendly. The bar poured generous drinks & our server Eric was fun & attentive, making great suggestions. Our filets were perfect, sauteed spinach will make those who don't like spinach LOVE it. The loud party near us eventually left and we enjoyed dessert & coffee until we were ready to head back to our hotel, never rushed or hurried. Special occasion dinner as prices arent cheap but the service and meal are memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 7/5/2014Our dining experience was fabulous from the service to the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Watch The PricesJRERDined on 7/5/2014Good for special occasions, but watch the wine selection/choices. We got stuck with a glass of chardonnay for $18.75. So if price is a concern, ASK before accepting any waiter suggestions.Special Features:
- DC4DiningDC4DiningVIPDined on 7/3/2014Still THE stop for great steak and sides and good conversation. They make you at home whether first visit or 50th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the Edge of Losing MeMusicmanDined on 7/1/2014The Palm food is generally good, but its menu needs a little more imagination. The lobster and steak entrees are general quite good, but the sides are boring. The seafood choices definitely need work. What is particularly annoying is the combination of arrogant servers (yes, some of your customers actually have been around and do know what they want) and increasingly higher prices for the same drab menu. If this continues, I will be heading elsewhere.Special Features:
- Turn down the AC!slejdVIPDined on 7/1/2014On a very hot day, the restaurant was freezing. Be sure to bring a sweater or jacket! Otherwise, service and food were very good.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014My husband and I had our 25th anniversary dinner on June 29th at The Palm Restaurant-the staff was so attentive...they gave us a lovely card and sang to us...it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014Drinks were large and made exactly right. Our lobsters were sweet and cooked to perfection. The half & half side was yummy as usual and the asparagus was steamed just right. Our waiter was friendly and pleasant, but service was a little slow. It was our anniversary and we ordered the chocolate cake which is our favorite. Our waiter, with others, sang to us so the slow service was forgotten. a wonderful time was had by all.Special Features:
- Great as always!ViniDined on 6/28/2014No matter what city, The Palm is always a constant. Great food and awesome service every time. D.C. location has been our favorite though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Fish, Burnt CornYUMMYTUMMYVIPDined on 6/27/2014While the service was as good as it always is, the food was not. Fish came out cold and one side was badly burnt. It was also freezing cold inside when the outside temperature was 90°. This was evidenced by men wearing jackets and women having either jackets for wraps on.