Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
1225 19th Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Washington-DC
- Phone: (202) 293-9091
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch Monday - Friday, 11:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Serving Dinner Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, 5:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Sunday, 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christian Fuentes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. If you can't find your representative on Capitol Hill, you better check Palm Restaurant in Washington DC. Since 1972, Palm Restaurant has built a loyal guest base made up of the who's who of Washington, including the political elite, the city's socialites, power brokers and media personalities such as Tucker Carlson and Bob Schieffer who can also be seen among the hordes of loyal Palm Restaurant guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)good for groups (112)fit for foodies (90)great for lunch (83)neighborhood gem (69)vibrant bar scene (64)notable wine list (55)great for outdoor dining (39)hot spot (39)kid-friendly (37)romantic (31)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- What a horrible experience!!!DankesVIPDined on 6/2/2008What a horrible experience!!! After driving 5 hours (NY to DC), I got a call on my cell from The Palm advising me "OPEN TABLE SCREWED UP". The Asst. Mgr. informed me that they had a private party that night and "OPEN TABLE NEVER SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU A RESERVATION". I explained that wasn't my problem, that I had a confirmation and that they needed to honor my reservation cause it was a VERY SPECIAL OCCASSION and I promised my clients ( 4 of us) that I would take them out to the PALM!!! I requested a Mgr. but he said, "DON'T BOTHER HE'S JUST GOING TO TELL YOU THE SAME THING I DID"...We ended up going to the Capital Grille...which cost me over $400 for dinner. The PALM sent me a coupon for dinner for 2 ($150). Still very dissatified!!
- Overpriced and/or the entreesAviatorWifeVIPDined on 6/1/2008Overpriced and/or the entrees are way too big. Our steaks were undercooked and had to be sent back. Appetizers were excellent. Service very good. Front room is the quietest, is glass enclosed and looks out on the street.Special Features:
- I frequent The Palm RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/1/2008I frequent The Palm Restaurants many times throughout the year (especially the DC Location) I am always impressed by their impeccable service. But this time, I was very disappointed with our server. She didnt go over the specials, didnt know how to explain the differences in dishes, forgot to order our desert and still charged us for it.Special Features:
- We frequent here a lot. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2008We frequent here a lot. It was my 30th birthday and they did it right! We love eating here. The food is always good. You always know what you are going to get!Special Features:
- Mike is an exceptional waiter.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/29/2008Mike is an exceptional waiter. The Palm always delivers a great meal.Special Features:
- I wanted to love the Palm,butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/29/2008I wanted to love the Palm,but I'm afraid my experience means won't be able to use it much for my new expense account. Next time I'll sit at the bar, maybe I'll be able to hear my lunch date.Special Features:
- The service at the Palm wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/27/2008The service at the Palm was excellent. Our waitress was extremely attentive and pleasant. The food was very good, although our vegetable was not very tasty. We found the portions a bit too large. Would absolutely go back again. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- food was good but I wouldn'toldsailorDined on 5/25/2008food was good but I wouldn't suggest tnat someone going to Washington for the first time had to eat there.
- This is a rare blend of excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/24/2008This is a rare blend of excellent service, superb food and a chance to gawk at Washington insiders. An altogether worthwhile experience.Special Features:
- the best lobster in town,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/23/2008the best lobster in town, but not a place to go for a quiet romantic dinner. It is very noisy. We always seem to get the last booth in the back room with a huge table of people next to us. How do I manage to get a better table? Even though we are members of teh 837 club.Special Features:
- Staff very helpful. I changedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/22/2008Staff very helpful. I changed my reservation at the last moment and added a person to our party. Restaurant staff made the change, allowed us to take our time finishing our drinks at the bar and gave us a free round of cappuccino after dinner. Try the Vixen!Special Features:
- I always feel special whenjbDCDined on 5/22/2008I always feel special when I go there -- I love the concierge!Special Features:
- There was a loud party (birthday?)kyindcVIPDined on 5/19/2008There was a loud party (birthday?) near us, and some woman kept singing songs to her husband. At first it was cute, then it got annoying as the night went on. It did not seriously hinder our enjoyment, though, and I do not think it would have been easy for the restaurant to have asked her to quiet down. So, not a major problem.Special Features:
- The noise at lunch was soOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/19/2008The noise at lunch was so loud that it took away from any enjoyment. The portion of the Salmon was smaller than in previous visits and made it a poor value.
- We went for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/18/2008We went for a special occasion -- also because it's an icon and we'd never been before. Service was great and it was a very enjoyable experience overall. But the food (various steaks and appetizers) didn't quite live up to its reputation, nor really justify the hefty but expected price tag. A very loud group was seated near us, whose conversation reminded us of sitting in a ballpark. I'm glad we went, but next time we want great steaks we'll choose a different restaurant. We've had better even in DC.Special Features:
- The dinner was very enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2008The dinner was very enjoyable. Great service and the food was delicious. the only problem was that it was very loud and we could hardly hear eachother.......Special Features:
- Noise level was totally unacceptiblOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008Noise level was totally unacceptible. Noise was piercing. Could not talk to exch other. Will probably not go back.
- We were celebrating my collegeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008We were celebrating my college graduation and The Palm took us in as a part of the family. The service was excellent, our waiter was friendly and attentive, and everyone did their part to make sure it was a memorable dinner for the entire family. We loved it!Special Features:
- Maybe it was because it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2008Maybe it was because it was friday nite(7:00pm), but I thought it was really loud at times in the dinning area. I also found myself paying more attention to the characters on the wall than I did my date. I would rate the food with the best of them, but because of the faces on the wall, would put it a bit below places like Ruth's Chris or Morton's. But as I said before great meals are had here.Special Features:
- excellent lobster - UnlesstheatreguyVIPDined on 5/16/2008excellent lobster - Unless one is a HUGE eater, the two-pound, steamed lobster is PLENTY. The busboy (Gregory) was very attentive and friendly which I greatly appreciated since I was dining alone. chocolate lava cake with ice cream - a real treatSpecial Features:
- I'm very down on the Palm'sWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 5/14/2008I'm very down on the Palm's NY and Las Vegas locations (meals can be very hit-or-miss in quality), but the DC location is an exception. The prime rib was exactly what it should be, juicy and fresh; whereas in other Palm locations it is often re-heated, dried out, or otherwise inferior. For those who have shunned the Palm due to bad experiences elsewhere, the DC location is a fine steakhouse and should not be taken off your list.
- our server Jason made theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/14/2008our server Jason made the dinner an experience. Food was excellent as usualSpecial Features:
- very crowded; felt like theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/13/2008very crowded; felt like the restaurant had squeezed too many people into too small a space. I understand that the Palm experience is not intimate, but that night they really had people on top of each other
- Incredible staff, Dino isOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/11/2008Incredible staff, Dino is a waiter worth asking for. Although the Palm in Tyson's is so loud it is impossible to carry on a conversation, the DC location is lively but you can hear your dinner companions speak.Special Features:
- It was a rarity to find TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008It was a rarity to find The Palm open on Sunday - and to find a kid friendly atmosphere to boot! Although Sunday brunch with kids was far from their main-stay - the wait staff, hosts, and cooks seamlessly maintained their professionalism, outstanding hospitality, and dedicated service to every patrons concerns, desires, and pallets. We had a memorable Mother's Day brunch in a kid filled, yet otherwise fairly empty and quiet place. The dedicated service was greatly appreciated, and given the make-up of the other patrons and parties, we felt right at home.Special Features:
- Have been going to the PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/8/2008Have been going to the Palm in DC for twenty years. Love everything about it from start to finish.Special Features:
- I was very pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/5/2008I was very pleasantly surprised by how good my meal and experience was at The Palm/Washington DC. I wasn't expecting this of a restaurant that, in my view, had a high-end franchise reputation. I had a really great experience. I'll definitely go back when I'm in DC again.Special Features:
- An excellent spot for a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2008An excellent spot for a wonderful meal. The Palm delivers a great dining experience and consistent quality of service no matter which location you visit.Special Features:
- The service was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2008The service was wonderful and the food was amazing as well. It was a nice touch that the owner himself was there to seat us and wished us a happy anniversary.Special Features:
- We were seated promptly anddiningdivaDined on 5/3/2008We were seated promptly and service was quick without us feeling rushed. Waiters were friendly and courteous. The food was excellent as always, the crab cake was outstanding!Special Features:
- The new addition in the frontOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/3/2008The new addition in the front is very lovely on a nice spring night. I was not thrilled with either of the sides we ordered. The asparagus was drab and a little chewy and the hash browns had a very strange flavor - not sure what it was, maybe the oil it was cooked in. Filets were quality cuts of meat but expensive ($37 each). I ordered mine medium rare and it was undercooked in the center, essentially raw. I did not send it back, but for $37 a pop they should be cooked perfectly every time (they were not very busy so there is no excuse).I have eaten at this Palm many times and usually get a good meal, perhaps they need to be sure they are focusing on the food. Personally, I could cook a better meal for two for a cost of $130 at homeSpecial Features:
- The servers were great andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/2/2008The servers were great and were friendly and fun. The maitre'd had a bit of an attitude problem - a bit snobby. I may be 26 and my date was 23, but I also happen to be a DC lawyer, so he should be careful what he thinks of people. Also, he needed to get over himself a little bit.Special Features:
- Food was very good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2008Food was very good but the atmosphere was very loud for a couples' dining experience. Was sat right next to the bar and had to deal with the loud noises coming from there. Service from the waitress was excellent, however. If I came back I would ask for a table farther away from the bar/entrance.Special Features:
- We were hoping to have JohnPattieGailDined on 4/25/2008We were hoping to have John Holden as our waiter, but even though he wasn't working that night, we had great service. We only make it to the Palm a few times a year and it's always for a special occasion. We love it and wish they'd open one in Baltimore!Special Features:
- I thought it was good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/25/2008I thought it was good, but still not as good as BLT
- Fantastic dinner. DeniseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2008Fantastic dinner. Denise provided us with excellent service.Special Features:
- Normally the service is excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/22/2008Normally the service is excellent. The night in question service was extremely slow. Our waitress seemed to disappear for long stretches. Other tables in her assigned section were visibly and vocally displeased with her performance as well.
- My favorite Palm. I likeDiningJimDined on 4/21/2008My favorite Palm. I like the renovation and expansion. Service and steaks both always top notch! Johnny Fever and Dino are awesome waiters.Special Features:
- a washington institution-jrockVIPDined on 4/19/2008a washington institution- superb staff which is hard to find these daysSpecial Features:
- The service was horrible--OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2008The service was horrible-- we waited for 25 minutes before a waiter even came to our table and we had to ask for one at that point and then we had to ask for the extra plates, glasses napkins etc to be taken away. The food was mediocre at best and the noise level was deafening.