Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
1225 19th Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Washington-DC
- Phone: (202) 293-9091
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch Monday - Friday, 11:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Serving Dinner Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, 5:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Sunday, 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christian Fuentes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Washington DC
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. If you can't find your representative on Capitol Hill, you better check Palm Restaurant in Washington DC. Since 1972, Palm Restaurant has built a loyal guest base made up of the who's who of Washington, including the political elite, the city's socialites, power brokers and media personalities such as Tucker Carlson and Bob Schieffer who can also be seen among the hordes of loyal Palm Restaurant guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Palm Restaurant - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (157)good for groups (114)fit for foodies (91)great for lunch (84)neighborhood gem (70)vibrant bar scene (65)notable wine list (57)hot spot (41)great for outdoor dining (40)kid-friendly (37)romantic (32)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Consistently good experienceRecommendVIPDined on 11/23/2014I have been to the Palm many times for special events. The service and food is always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbCellaDined on 11/23/2014The Palm never disappoints. It is very pricey, but worth every dime. I would suggest anyone to try this place at least once. You are bound to fall in love. The staff is very professional and attentive. They cater to your every need which is why it is worth the money you would shell out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 11/22/2014As always, just superb food and service! You will never be disappointed with your food choices. We have been dining at The Palm for decades and we keep coming back. It is still the premier steak house in D.C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/21/2014Food was very good but I was most impressed with the service. Great place and I recommend it! I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014Our meal always supersedes our expectations! Our compliments to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch-up DinnerHaymaker17VIPDined on 11/19/2014Had dinner with a friend to catch up. As always The Palm did not disappoint. The ribeye was perfect as was the wine and service. This is a classic steakhouse. Great for business meetings and just catching up. Enjoy the DC and LA locations, in particular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at BestEileenDined on 11/16/2014Our waitress was friendly, the lobster bisque was delicious... as far as the rest of our experience is concerned, it was fine, just not up to the expectations I had for a restaurant with such a great reputation. Neither of our steaks were the right temperature. They brought him out a new steak but just re-grilled mine and it still wasn't medium when I got it again (normally I like med-rare, but I'm pregnant so everything has to be medium+) and by the time we got our correct steaks - our sides weren't exactly hot. Everything still tasted good, but it was just a slightly disappointing experience. We probably won't go back here for dinner the next time we're in DC (and are not likely to eat at any of their other locations again either).
- MarkVIPDined on 11/16/2014Excellent gem as part of dining Washington DC, notable wine list and noted steaks, chops, classic italian and succelent giant whole Nova Scotia lobsters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good, otherwise just okOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/8/2014It was loud and boisterous. The tables were placed to optimize seating capacity and not comfort. The steaks and food were good but not the best. Somewhat disappointed considering the price.
- Another great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/7/2014The Palm impressed me once again. It just keeps getting better. They really make an effort to make everything just perfect.Special Features:
- Awesome placeCarolDined on 11/7/2014Great steakhouse in DC. Food was spectacular and service was great. Would definitely go back. It is pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichardDined on 11/7/2014Our reservation started with 6 and grew to 11; the restaurant easily accommodated the additions. Service was excellent, as was the food. The entire experience was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Palm DowntownWolf53DvrDined on 11/7/2014I have eaten here several times before. I generally take my clients or have business meals here. The service is what brings me to the Palm. On this visit the service was just a little off. Normally on a 1 - 10 scale the service is around 11 - 12 but this night, it was around an 8. I don't know if it was the volume or new team members but their game was off this past Friday. I am still a loyal fan however and will continue to visit this establishment.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!HungrymanDined on 11/6/2014Very nice white tablecloth restaurant, and the prices are actually very reasonable considering the quality of the food. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palm Is a sure betJuliTuliVIPDined on 11/6/2014The server was delightful. She made me feel welcome. The menu was plentiful and the food excellent. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE THE PALM!!!!!jcah3VIPDined on 11/5/2014I have dined over 25 times and it never gets old! This is one of my favorites and I have NEVER had a bad dining experience! The food is great. I love hash brown for two and the carrot cake ( I usually an extra one of each to go as well;-). Just a wonderful with staff that knows how to take care of diners! Management is doing a great job and should be commended! Keep up the good work!!!!Special Features:
- Been many times always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Love this place the staff have together for years and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodforthoughtDined on 11/1/2014we had a great experience at the Palm on Saturday, November 1st. It was my husband's birthday and he is still talking about the delicious food and great wait staff. Tim was our primary waiter and he was supported by a great team. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We were visiting DC for the USMC Marathon, and our 14th anniversary. We had our 8 year old daughter with us and looked for a steak restaurant that was kid friendly, but still romantic and had ambiance. From the reviews and pictures on OPEN TABLE we gave THE PALM a try and have no regrets. The food - we had the ribeye and lamb chops, as well as the oysters raw as an appetizer...food was incredible. Service - top notch, attentive, friendly, and always there, but not interrupting of our evening. Restaurant/atmosphere - elegant, yet comfortable with a kind of "old timey" feel. TRY IT!!Special Features:
- ReliablePastorArtDined on 10/24/2014Then Palm is a great restaurant when you want quality food great service. Never misses the quality and quantity is always consistent. What you spend the money you would like for the service to match the food and that exceeds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at The PalmMarjorieDined on 10/24/2014We had a great lunch at the Palm - we were a group of 7. Our waiter was outstanding. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Best steak everThhtDined on 10/22/2014May I'm unfair, since I'm from abroad and can't compare. But that was by far my best steak ever. And: it is unique in terms of atmosphere. We were there with a business group of fiveteen and it was a unforgetable evening, even when quiiet loud.Special Features:
- Palm fantastic!!ConnieDined on 10/21/2014We were visiting D.C. this past week and stumbled on the Palm. What a great find. It was packed but we got in and it was loud. Not in a bad way, but lively happy and enjoyable. Our waiter, Timmy I think, was great and attended to a very busy room like a pro. Everyone knew him and yet he paid attention to us. The food was superb, I had bacon wrapped scallops and my husband had filet mignon, he says the best he has ever eaten. And for dessert we had "a bag of warm donuts" . We thought we would eat them on the way back to the hotel but we gobbled every little cinnamon morsel while sipping coffee. Do not pass up this place if you are in town.Special Features:
- The PalmLarkTigerDined on 10/19/2014This is a historic restaurant that has great food, top notch service and a ton of cool and historic caricatures. A tad pricey but something this good is worth it.Special Features:
- yummy steakLourdesandfamilyDined on 10/18/2014We really enjoyed our steak at Palm; the chef cooked it exactly the way we wanted it and when we wanted it. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and we will go back for the lobster next time. We had reservations and were seated right when we got there, the restaurant was packed! I appreciated that because we went with my little boy who was super hungry. The service is super friendly and professional. It is worth the price for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legendary, holds up wellMarkHDined on 10/13/2014Worth seeing for the pictures on the wall alone. Humorous, varied, and skilful, they depict not only Presidents and First Ladies, but many other American figures who will be obscure to some younger Americans, let alone to Brits like myself. The steak was first class, the scallops wrapped in bacon too - tradition personified and perfected. If you wish - as I did this evening - to splurge, even alone, and drink most of a whole bottle of red, this is a useful list from which to do it. There were several excellent bottles near the lower end of the range. I settled on an Antica 2010, "Antinori's Californication" it should perhaps be called! A bit too young, like most really fine bottles in restaurants, but well worth its 92 Parker Points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakGreggCDined on 10/12/2014I went on recommendation from a friend and wasn't disappointed. The food was excellent. I tried the 14 oz New York. After having an entire, two side was too much. But I made sure I ate all of the meat. I'd certainly return. Service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT GOODNEALLYDined on 10/11/2014The experience did not meet my expectations, The food was fair. The money I spent. I expected better.Special Features:
- The Palm That Wasn'tFoodieForeverVIPDined on 10/5/2014My friends and I went to the Palm for a celebration feast in one of the iconic steakhouses in America. We had an early reservation that we booked months in advance and despite the planning, we didn't even get to sit in the restaurant, but rather their patio room, no caricatures, no ambiance. To add insult to injury, the restaurant was almost empty and we still got seated with a street view and saw two rather large rats scurrying by. Our steaks were ok, cooked to perfection, but found quite a bit of gristle in the ribeye. The sides were adequate, but what helped the overall experience was our server, Hannah and her team -- great service! If you want a great experience you should demand to eat inside or go somewhere else!
- First time- will be backouttoomuchDined on 10/4/2014Upon the recommendation of a friend, had dinner while visiting our daughter for parents weekend at college. Perfect meal to catch up, service was attentive not overbearing. Food was on point- we went for the steaks, but the Italian option is a great addition. Stacks up against the top steak houses in NYC. Lively atmosphere, had a great time.Special Features:
- Just as rememberedMomtolunchDined on 10/4/2014My husband dined at the Palm several times for business years ago. He always wanted me to experience this place. It lived up to his memory. Steak was terrific, as was everything we ate. Their wedge salad was entirely different than what I normally have but absolutely delicious! The service was superb. Great choice for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I went to DC for the weekend and wanted a wonderful place to eat. The steaks are to die for. The wait staff was friendly and left you be without ignoring you. This allowed you to have a private and yet social dinner together. Everything was spot on! Loved, loved, loved this restaurant. Be prepared to have a bill well over 150.00 but would do again!Special Features:
- Terrific once again!Logger60VIPDined on 10/1/2014John is such a great waiter. Three friends for dinner and he was like a fourth. I've been going there for over 30 years and it never stops being special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Group Choiceericoa1VIPDined on 9/29/2014This was a group lunch to celebrate a coworker's birthday. The service was great; they even sang happy birthday! The food was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodFantasticDined on 9/27/2014The quality of the food was outstanding. The steak and seafood were cooked to perfection. Overall, the noise level was more than we had expected but you got used to it after a little while. Parking can be a challenge on the weekends but overall was an enjoyable dinning experience.Special Features:
- Best Steak EverGiants25Dined on 9/27/2014On Holiday from Scotland and this was the best restaurant we dined at by a Mile. From the moment we arrived till we left we were treated brilliantly,the food and service was of a very high level and nothing wasa problem. If you are in Washington give it a try,the Steaks are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak/lobster, perhaps worth costOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food, good service, significantly overpricedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerColonelVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great place for a celebration. The staff can really belt it out.Special Features:
- Skip itcher10VIPDined on 9/26/2014Our first perception was how loud the restaurant was. There were a number of large groups and the volume level was high. Our waiter was very professional. We ordered the salad with shrimp, while it's a nice size salad ,the shrimp certainly didn't taste like first class shrimp. The lobster is served nicely with someone coming and breaking the claws to get the meat out of, but the lobster itself was chewy, a disappointment The filet mignon was not hot and once again not bad but certainly nothing great. Hash browns were loaded with oil. Try another steak house.Special Features:
- Poor food at DC PalmMrMet111Dined on 9/23/2014I consider myself a Palm expert, having spent over 80k at the various ones around the country. Tis was by far the worst eating experience I have ever had at any. Appetizer and main dish were way over cooked and uneatable.