Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner
1750 Tysons Boulevard
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Tysons-Corner
- Phone: (703) 917-0200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Frank Dalton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner
Palm Restaurant in Tysons Corner is a Classic American Steak House famous for prime steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters & traditional Italian dishes. Walk into Palm Restaurant & you're joining a party that's been going strong for 3 generations. You are welcomed with a smile, and before you know it, you’re raising a glass, swept up & away by the spirit of the place. From coast to coast, people know that Palm Restaurant is synonymous with prime steaks & outrageously outsized lobsters. What many don’t realize is that Palm Restaurant is thoroughly family-bred. It has been run by the sons & now by the grandsons of both founding partners. Come to Palm Restaurant & find out why John Mariani, food writer for Esquire magazine, says Palm Restaurant "defines the steak house genre." Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (100)good for groups (56)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (52)great for lunch (45)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (28)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (24)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Thoroughly Enjoyable ExperienceRitaDined on 8/29/2014Tim and his team make us feel welcome from the time we arrive, to ordering our meals, throughout dunner, and when we depart. The Palm Tysons Corner is an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You always feel special at The PalmGr8twineDined on 8/27/2014The Palm in Tysons is wonderful weather you are stopping by for happy hour or for a special occasion. Their staff, chef and management are all attentive, creative and always leave me with a smile!Special Features:
- Can't always hit a home runJeffreyfkDined on 8/27/2014Normally, the food here is excellent, but, we had an exception to the rule this weekend. My wife and I both ordered 3 pound Lobsters, and at $70 each, you would think that they would be excellent, but in reality, they were just ok. And to make matters worse, since everyone seemed to be ordering lobster, ours took a very long time to come out. On top of that, the place seemed louder than normal. My wife and I have been married for 19 years, and for 6 of our anniversaries, we went to the Palm II in NYC, and since we have been here in Fairfax, we have gone to the Palm in Tysons 3 times for our anniversary. Based on my wife's feelings about the last visit, we will not be going again, there are better places to spend $300 for a mediocre meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porterhouse Yum!HeatherVIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I frequent the Palm in Tysons Corner. We usually have different things, as I tend to get the delicious Seared Ahi Tuna appetizer and a salad and my husband gets a NY strip or rib eye. Well on our recent visit, we shared the porterhouse! It was the best steak either of us have had in a long time. Believe that will become our regular order from now on. Service, as usual was excellent. Bill took care of us as our usual Mishka was not working that night. The patio is a great setting and with the weather so mild a perfect place to dine.Special Features:
- Tasty Night at The Palm - TysonsMSE1210VIPDined on 8/25/2014I met my cousin for dinner on an August Monday night at The Palm in Tysons Corner. We knew we would find good food. But we were pleasantly surprised by the buzz of energy and activity considering it was a Monday in late August. There was a good crowd. There were folks having drinks and smoking cigars out on the patio on a gorgeous evening. Service was excellent. He started with a cocktail. Then we both did wine by the glass. There was a good selection of options. We both had delicious New York Strip steaks. We started with different fresh and crisp salads. I had the Louis gigi Delmaestro Salad. He had the Capri Salad with beautiful tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Then we split the Hash Browns on the side. Great evening! We had a blast.Special Features:
- Not just for steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014The lobster is very good (not cheap tho') and the service is spectacular as always.Special Features:
- Experience at the Palm RestaurantluvpalmtcDined on 8/23/2014I had a great time. Made the evening very special for my wife Elaine. Had a bday card on the table. Shared the Lobster special ...outstanding Filet's were good but not great Was a little disappoointed. Choclate cake was amazing.Service the best. Overall had a unbeleivable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at it's BestLovesmusiqandfoodDined on 8/23/2014There are many places that portray class and service excellence, but few that deliver as well as the Palm Restaurant. We recommend the lobster dinner for two. The service provided to prepare us for our feast was outstanding. The wine list caters to every taste and price points. We intend to return to the Palm to try other items on the menu, such as the prime beef or veal. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So LOUD!!Djs73VIPDined on 8/22/2014Normally, we enjoy Friday night date night at the Palm. It is usually lively, but last Friday was uncomfortably loud. So much so it ruined the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 5 star nightBobtVIPDined on 8/22/2014Two couples celebrating the start of the Fall semester for our sons at college...All aspects of the evening were terrific! Martinis, shrimp cocktail, bone in filet mignon, veal parmigian and veal marsalla to name the highlights. Our server (Melinda) was great - friendly, helpful with the menu and gave us time to chat over cocktails & after the main course was done. The Palm is never cheap, yet we walked out thinking our money was well spent on this particular Friday night!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMinnesotaNice12Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent steak, best in Tyson's Corner. Right next to Ritz.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent food and service Captures what makes an unique restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snaxholeDined on 8/17/2014The service and staff were great but the food just missed the mark. I would have expected a better steak from an experienced steak house.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We go for the lobster special every year and, every year we have the same experience. Noisy place with tables fairly close together, fairly long wait for drinks and bread, lobsters that don't seem to be the size we ordered. BUT-- drinks are perfectly made (unlike many other restaurants that seem to serve watered down alcohol over lots of ice), yummy food, and servers who make sure that any imperfection is more than compensated for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed at The PalmEightLakesDined on 8/14/2014We have checked "special occasion" because this was our wedding anniversary (49) and The Palm is super expensive. Our server seemed inexperienced, and uninformed about the menu options. When our bottle of wjne came she poured some into my not yet empty glass of sauvignon blanc- however the wine she poured was a chardonnay! We had the $99 lobster for two, which was good. Our guests had petite filets, which seemed very petite and served on a naked plate with a side of spinach for $50 each. The calamari appetizer was good, as was the petite piece of Key Lime pie we all shared. The free valet parking was appreciated.Total with tip for 4 was $460. We expected more "wow" for that. Dr. John Galotto, Bethesda, MDSpecial Features:
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014The restaurant was so noisy that we could not hear each other speak!! For that reason alone, I would not return.Special Features:
- ABM45MikiDined on 8/10/2014Excellent service - with exceptional food. Wine list superb ... Great dining experience !Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationTysonOaksDined on 8/9/2014Overall my wife and I really enjoyed the entire meal. Our service was perfect. We enjoyed the lobster special along with the prime rib. I asked for the Prime rib to cook med well and it came out medium but instill enjoye it. Well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost up to HypekcdreamsDined on 8/9/2014I was eagerly waiting for our night at the Palm after hearing so much about its reputation. I was slightly disappointed in the noise level and surroundings. I was expecting something a little more sumptuous but it was rather ordinary for an upscale restaurant. While I appreciate the history of all the caricatures I have to say it was a little disconcerting to have so many faces looking at me through out dinner. The food was very much above expectations. The main dishes were spectacular. The taste and plating were beautiful. My dining partner ordered the special prime rib and I was stunned by the size of it! My filet with lobster and béarnaise sauce melted in my mouth. Definitely a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Fabulous Experience!!!Scott123Dined on 8/8/2014The Palm is a bit on the pricey side but well worth the experience we had. Our waiter was excellent and was enthusiastic on his recommendations. The clam chowder soup and salads were excellent. We shared a New York strip (split in 2 and cooked two ways) AND had the 4lb lobster special. Awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingKBNaut37Dined on 8/7/2014I had dinner here twice within the past 2 weeks and my experience was nearly identical. Great service in a typical steakhouse setting, but the steaks are not up to par with most other competing chains. The meat (I tried the filet and the sirloin on seperate visits) itself lacks the characteristic flavor of the typical high end steak house and the outside charring is equally as unimpressive. In addition, my guest's steak was very much undercooked. It is very convenient if you are staying at the Ritz or the Hilton.
- A FavoriteMortyZVIPDined on 8/5/2014Tim Seymour, the GM since it opened and Mishka our server are always great. The tuna was superb and my wife loved the crab cakes. Our guests enjoyed their bone in Filets and we had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I know it was an off nightCiaobellavinoVIPDined on 8/5/2014They were really busy lots of groups...so very loud. DO NOT ORDER the Sea Bass special it has so much butter and is battered its just plain old soggy. But we will go back...stick to what they are known for steaks and basics and you will be fine - very decent wine list.Special Features:
- Always Flawless!MThreeDined on 8/4/2014Tim and the crew always provide excellent customer service and a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutSatisfiedDined on 8/4/2014The food is quite good even though a bit expensive, but what makes the event so special is the outstanding service! From Tim the GM to Mishka, our waiter, the attention to detail is amazing. The assistance in making selections for dining is much appreciated and have never proven to be wrong. If anything is not right, it is taken care of immediately. I have never enjoyed dining experience that always leaves you feeling special and that it was a great night out any more than when we dine at this location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food, ambience, and service is always on par at The Palm. They take their food & guests very seriously, but not in stuffy, uptight way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night venueCurtDined on 8/1/2014This is a great date night venue. Perfect with a nice 2 person booth for a nice conversation and if you go a little later than the main stream, it is less noisy and you get a little more personalized service. Food was great and they allowed us to taste the wines they had by the glass to see if we would like them before procuring a full glass. Very generous. The desserts were definitely made for two to share!Special Features:
- Another great mealVisitorVIPDined on 7/29/2014We joins friends for lunch, having only been to the Palm-Tysons for many memorable dinners. We had a great mean, as usual. The calamari and lump crab appetizers were delicious. The soft-shell crabs and steaks, and the family style green beans and hash browns were wonderfully prepared and presented. The dessert doughnuts with raspberry and chocolate dipping sauce and the key lime pie were enjoyed by all. As always, the service was impeccable. We enjoyed our long lunch and encourage others to try the Palm for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureBillieJoVIPDined on 7/28/2014Sometimes forget about our "old" favorite - Consistent in every way - good food, great service, easy to get to - complimentary parking - a delight!Special Features:
- The following 1874 reviews are from the Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner reviews archive.
- Best lobster in townIrnieVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have been going to the Palm for decades. Tyson's is our favorite with Tim Seymour as overseer the place runs like a clock. We go often enough to have a favorite waiter---Lacher---who is a prize. When they have their summer lobster specials the pricing makes a visit to the Palm an even more special treat. One of their younger waiters taught us a trick when preparing lobster---Steam it to preserve volume and not let it dry out, but then put it under the broiler for just a minute. Also they are flexible about preparing sauteed garlic in olive oil to replace the drawn butter. P.S. At this visit my wife (lobster allergic) loved her strip steak.Special Features:
- Boisterous, delicious, satisfyingWeEatOutVIPDined on 7/24/2014From the managers to the water refillers to the car valets, everyone is glad you're there. I never had anyone say, "No" to anything; what more can you want? A great time, every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!FireChrisDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I try to get to the Palm once every couple of months and we have never been disappointed. Excellent food and great service is something they pride themselves on. We will continue to dine there as it is one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm not good choiceSusanDined on 7/23/2014Made reservation for the Palm for my birthday. Asked for nice booth. They tried to put us at a table and kept us standing in the middle of floor while checked on it. Apologized for the mix up, but put us at a booth right in front of the server's counter (not a nice booth). Asked to break between appetizers, main course. Brought my husband wrong soup. Waiter didn't come back till he was almost finished. Second apology. Main course came right away. No break not relaxing. Another table sung the "Happy Birthday" to. Not me. Felt that Palm is focused on Corporate clientele,forgets/ doesn't care about everyone else. When we go to Season 52 or Bonefish for a special occasion they acknowledge it,want us as clients . Don't feel that with The Palm.
- deliciousTommyDined on 7/22/2014The food was reallllllly good. Service was very g ood. Cheese cake was also very good. Lobster was super freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veggielikesthepalmDined on 7/21/2014I likes that they had complimentary valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to CelebrateVadreamer1Dined on 7/20/2014Classic Palm experience! Well worth the money! You will not regret choosing the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- davina2Dined on 7/20/2014lobster way over cooked so dry we could only eat little more than halfSpecial Features:
- Love the lobster specialFloridagirlDined on 7/19/2014The summer lobster special is amazing! 4# "bug" to share, one side to share and a salad for each for $99.00. That's a lot of delicious lobster. they crack it out of the shell for you making it easy to eat. Loved their Cosmo made with fresh squeezed lime juice. A winning summer dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MelbatoastDined on 7/16/2014Booking through OpenTable was easy and convienent. I put a little note in the reservation that we were celebrating my dad's 56th birthday. When we showed up at the table, The Palm had a birthday card waiting for him at the table!! What a difference the small touches make. Melinda was our server, and oh my gosh she was fabulous. She was extremely knowledgable about the menu and wine list. This being my first time at The Palm, she was very helpful in helping us pick the best options to suit what we were looking for. She recognized my dad's birthday and made it special for him. I highly recommend her. A restaurant is only as good as the service they provide. The Palm is top notch.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysNoVALitig8orDined on 7/14/2014I am something of a regular for lunch at the Palm, though this was a dinner with my wife. As always, the service, food, and ambience were immaculate. Very dependably great.Special Features: