Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner
1750 Tysons Boulevard
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Tysons-Corner
- Phone: (703) 917-0200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Frank Dalton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner
Palm Restaurant in Tysons Corner is a Classic American Steak House famous for prime steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters & traditional Italian dishes. Walk into Palm Restaurant & you're joining a party that's been going strong for 3 generations. You are welcomed with a smile, and before you know it, you’re raising a glass, swept up & away by the spirit of the place. From coast to coast, people know that Palm Restaurant is synonymous with prime steaks & outrageously outsized lobsters. What many don’t realize is that Palm Restaurant is thoroughly family-bred. It has been run by the sons & now by the grandsons of both founding partners. Come to Palm Restaurant & find out why John Mariani, food writer for Esquire magazine, says Palm Restaurant "defines the steak house genre." Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (100)good for groups (56)fit for foodies (51)notable wine list (51)great for lunch (43)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (29)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (25)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- The best, as usualRepeatDinerVIPDined on 11/23/2014This was a special occasion (my 80th birthday) for which the Palm went out of its way to perform an exceptional dinner for all the Averna's and special friends. Well done. It was meant to be a surprise and the Palm pulled it off !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointedrcad40Dined on 11/18/2014Ordered large filet and 3 lb. lobster to share with my wife. Filet was ordered med. rare. Filet was butterflied and was grey/brown color with no char - absolutely no grilled flavor. Lobster dry. Service was great but will not return. At this price you should expect perfection.
- A bit of a disappointmentAtoZDined on 11/14/2014Very noisy - I believe this is their intention since there is nothing in the way of insulation to reduce the sound. They had a nice prix fix menu which I ordered. Unfortunately soup and main entre arrived at our table luke warm. Quality of food was good but enjoyment was reduced because of cool temperature.
- A mild disappointment this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2014I dine at this Palm about 8 times per year. I do so because, the service is exceptional and the food is consistent. On this occasion, two aspects of the food did not live up to their norms. The oysters were not properly shucked -- at $3 per oyster, they should not fall apart when getting them out of the shell -- and the lobsters was scrawny, stringy and overcooked. I come to the Palm in part because their big lobsters are plump and succulent. This time, we went to the Palm to celebrate the life of a friend who was a real lobster lover. He would have sent this one back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemuMemuDined on 11/8/2014Our visit to the Palm on Sat. night was unremarkable. The salads were huge and mine (wedge) was drowned in dressing. My husband liked the lamb chops; I had NY strip which was hard to cut due to fat deposits and gristle (spell?) The creamed spinach was good, the so hash brown potatoes were tasteless. We both had dessert: one creme broule and key lime pie for me. Neither was very good. No one asked if we were celebrating a special occasion (which we were). The service was attentive--but so attentive that as soon as my husband put down his fork, his plate was whisked away. It seemed that someone was watching closely as they perhaps wanted to turn the table over. I cannot recommend this restaurant and will not go back again.
- I expected excellence and got itfredoDined on 11/6/2014The Palm is a staple in DC - I used to frequent the downtown location starting in 1980 when I first worked in the city. The reviews seemed to suggest spotty service and food quality and I had reservations about meeting a business partner there with all the choices in Tyson's. But my trepidation was without merit. Craft salads were the perfect size and flavor combinations and the entrées (swordfish and sea bass) were fabulous, all made the better with spot-on service. Indeed, it is expensive especially the meat entrées. If sticker shock will turn you off, then don't go. But if the service and food quality matches that which I received. then it is worth it. A bravo night.Special Features:
- Always dependableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/1/2014Great food served by knowledgeable and friendly staffers. Host Tim Seymour is the best!
- Just okLuv2dineDined on 11/1/2014Very expensive and the food was just ok,but a nice place to dine in the picture on the wal of famous people a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food so soNicknlinzDined on 10/31/2014Service was great but to be honest the food was just mediocre. The crab cakes were pretty mushy and the potatoes au gratin had no flavor at all.
- Great Food and Great ServiceTysonsCornerPalmDined on 10/31/2014I went to the Palm for a business lunch. In order to beat the rush I made a 11:30 a.m. reservation a couple of weeks in advance. I'm glad I did because it filled up quickly just before noon. The menu had a good selection and range of traditional course selections. My guest and I tried the courses offered on the "Power Lunch" menu. the soup of the day was an excellent New England Clam Chowder. Creamy but not too heavy with just the right mix of ingredients. In short the food only got better from there and the desert of New York style Cheese Cake with raspberry drizzle and garnish. I would recommend for any business lunch and I am thoroughly looking forward to my next dinner at this location.Special Features:
- incredibke service snd grewt foodStiggVIPDined on 10/28/2014JD not eaten linch in a while but frequent often. Had lunch two days in a row. Blackened chicken wedge salad and bacon wrapped scallops. Both perfect. Service is perfect. They get not disrupting you but getting it done. Always a great place to visit and valet guys all the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Had a great night and our server did her best to ensure we had a great night.Special Features:
- 44th celebrationprecaDined on 10/25/2014It was a very good dining experience over-all except that we waited 40 minutes for our table. We got to the restaurant 5 minutes early and was told it will be a 15-20 minutes wait which was fine. To wait for over 30 minutes is not good especially if you have a reservation for a party of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceDissapointedDined on 10/25/2014had one of the best servers ever! Had the crab cakes- 3 in an order. Would rather have the order be smaller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerhblackDined on 10/14/2014This was my first time at The Palm. I had a wonderful experience and the food was fantastic! I would recommend this for a romantic dinner or a girls night out.Special Features:
- Best ServerJohn01Dined on 10/13/2014Cameron was our server, he is by far the best! My guests were blown away by his customer service.Special Features:
- The Palm Is Always Reliablewinegeek4hockeyDined on 10/10/2014Always one of the Best Steak-Houses there are. Great dry aged beef, Clams Casino outstanding and the best Creamed spinach around. Service is always wonderful as is everything on the table.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Foot was terrific and plentiful. Service was very good, helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Business Lunch at The PalmTomsReviewsDined on 10/9/2014Great place for a business lunch. Waiters realize that everyone is in there for business and don't pressure you to order or leave. Food is great and you're bound to see a few "famous" people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakJSproDined on 10/2/2014Great service, good beef. Quite busy at lunch, but service didn't suffer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/1/2014Todd was our server, he was attentive,friendly and helped make our dining experience really nice. We all enjoyed the food! DeliciousSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Food & Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/28/2014One cannot go wrong dining at the Palm in Tysons Corner. We highly recommend the bone-in ribeye with brandy peppercorn sauce and you must ask for Gunther as your waiter. We have never had been disappointed in the food, drinks or service. First class all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Patricia and Gunther were great. We had to add our children in a day prior and they were sure to provide the best service to the entire family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHhhgggDined on 9/26/2014Consistently superb - the absolute best steak dinner; always look forward to dinner at The Palm. Not only is the food right on the service is outstanding. We enjoyed our recent Friday evening dinner. Good atmosphere for a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedDrinksandSmilesDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I used to love coming to the Palm and decided for an anniversary weekend to come back (we had not been in 5 years). The highlights of the meal were the cocktails and the carrot cake; at a steakhouse, the highlight should be the steak. We were both underwhelmed by our steaks, which was very disappointing. I can't say that anything in particular was wrong, but they were underwhelming. I should never visit a restaurant and feel that I could have prepared something better myself at home. Despite our many fond memories at this place, this was likely our last visit to the Palm.Special Features:
- too expensive. Seriously.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014too expensive. Seriously.too expensive. Seriously.too expensive. Seriously.too expensive. Seriously.too expensive. Seriously.too expensive. Seriously.
- Not a great experienceTaylorVIPDined on 9/19/2014I visit The Palm often and don't recall an experience as poor as this one in quite some time. The service was not good. Waitress disappeared numerous times during the meal, leaving us with empty plates for a very long time as staff passed by out table. Waitress disappeared and we had to order (after a lengthy wait) dessert from another wait staff. Nothing is worse than having someone who's trying too hard in the beginning and then disappears at the end of the night. I expect more from The Palm!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014Both lobster and steak were overcooked. This is a suburban restaurant with not much adherence to quality...
- Great dinnerRoadWarrior2VIPDined on 9/16/2014The food was great. The service was great. The wine was great. Great job.Special Features:
- Lobsters-are-usDavidVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great Lobsters. Excellent service. Very reliable. spomething is wrong with your website... it is not letting me submit this review I have tried half a dozen times. it says I am over the character limit but I was not before adding this message to youSpecial Features:
- Like A Private ClubFineDinerVIPDined on 9/10/2014They treat you like you are a member of a private club -- excellent, personal service and excellent, premium food and wines. Worth the price of admission!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected so much moreveggiedinerVIPDined on 9/8/2014Disappointing experience at what used to be a favorite. Service was really a weak point here. I ordered a large salad as my meal and requested that it be brought out with the main course. Got it when everyone else had their appetizers which was awkward, because all I had were green beans while my companions chomped down on steak and fish. A friend ordered tuna cooked a particular way and had to send it back twice before it was properly prepared. He was "comped" a dessert but hardly made up for watching the rest of the table eat. Ordered coffee/tea and none of us were offered refills or even more hot water. The stars of the evening were of course the steak and the salmon. Pricey let down on a special occasion evening.
- 1st Time at Tysons' PalmlobstermasterDined on 9/5/2014I was born in the State of MAINE. I know LOBSTERS and how to cook them. Having lived in BETHESDA Maryland for 20 years until my wife's tragic death in November of 2012, she and I would frequently enjoy fresh lobster from Maine Avenue in WDC for our Thanksgiving Day dinner and also Christmas dinner. I love lobster and have fun cooking them PERFECTLY. THE LOBSTER BOTH MY GIRLFRIEND AND I HAD AT THE TYSONS' PALM WERE OVERCOOKED TO THE POINT OF BEING MUSHY AND DISAPPOINTING. I was kicking myself later for not sending the LOBSTERS back. It's ONLY money, but at the Palm's prices, I expected nothing less than perfection. This was never, NEVER an issue at the WDC PALM, so to write that I was severely disappointed is being polite.
- DisappointedKengDined on 9/4/2014We arrived about an hour before our scheduled reservation and decided to dine at the bar instead of at a table. My guest ordered a steak with a baked potato. The server rolled his eyes and said "we don't do baked potatoes anymore". I said really? why is that? He responded as if we asked for a bowl of fruit loops, full of condescension, eyes rolling etc. He said "on come on nobody eats them anymore. We had them on the menu but nobody ever ordered them." So he said "look, I can make you one but it'll take an hour" Funny every other steak house seems to be able to make them with the meal. Our water glasses remained empty twice for 20+ minutes until we asked for more. Just terrible service, we won't be back.
- Power Lunch enough for twocvmichaelDined on 9/4/2014Definitely a best buy - had to take dessert home, 'cause the servings were so generous! Spent 2.5 hours with another couple, celebrating birthdays and anniversary - great place for a late leisurely lunch (plan on skipping dinner)Special Features:
- lobster dinner disappointingKarenVIPDined on 8/31/2014The 4 pound lobster for 2 was disappointing. The lobster barely fed two. It should have been a dinner for 1. There was only 1 side and no dessert.Special Features:
- LionCoachBobDined on 8/31/2014Good food, good prices, GREAT service! I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Guenther was amazingJDawgVIPDined on 8/30/2014Go. Ask for Guenther. Great service only makes the evening betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent lobster dinner ... Great service ... A little loud and I expected a more dressed up crowd ...
- Lobster specialmajasmaDined on 8/30/2014We came here exclusively for the August lobster special and it did not disappoint. For 99. for 2 people you share a 4 lb. lobster which they split and crack for you along with salads and a large side to share. This is our second year coming and we will probably come back, unless we can get to Maine instead!Special Features: