Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner
1750 Tysons Boulevard
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Tysons-Corner
- Phone: 7039170200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Frank Dalton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner
Palm Restaurant in Tysons Corner is a Classic American Steak House famous for prime steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters & traditional Italian dishes. Walk into Palm Restaurant & you're joining a party that's been going strong for 3 generations. You are welcomed with a smile, and before you know it, you’re raising a glass, swept up & away by the spirit of the place. From coast to coast, people know that Palm Restaurant is synonymous with prime steaks & outrageously outsized lobsters. What many don’t realize is that Palm Restaurant is thoroughly family-bred. It has been run by the sons & now by the grandsons of both founding partners. Come to Palm Restaurant & find out why John Mariani, food writer for Esquire magazine, says Palm Restaurant "defines the steak house genre." Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)fit for foodies (64)notable wine list (63)good for groups (60)great for lunch (53)vibrant bar scene (36)romantic (34)hot spot (30)neighborhood gem (23)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- First timerhblackDined on 10/14/2014This was my first time at The Palm. I had a wonderful experience and the food was fantastic! I would recommend this for a romantic dinner or a girls night out.Special Features:
- Best ServerJohn01Dined on 10/13/2014Cameron was our server, he is by far the best! My guests were blown away by his customer service.Special Features:
- The Palm Is Always Reliablewinegeek4hockeyDined on 10/10/2014Always one of the Best Steak-Houses there are. Great dry aged beef, Clams Casino outstanding and the best Creamed spinach around. Service is always wonderful as is everything on the table.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Foot was terrific and plentiful. Service was very good, helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Business Lunch at The PalmTomsReviewsDined on 10/9/2014Great place for a business lunch. Waiters realize that everyone is in there for business and don't pressure you to order or leave. Food is great and you're bound to see a few "famous" people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakJSproDined on 10/2/2014Great service, good beef. Quite busy at lunch, but service didn't suffer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/1/2014Todd was our server, he was attentive,friendly and helped make our dining experience really nice. We all enjoyed the food! DeliciousSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Food & Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/28/2014One cannot go wrong dining at the Palm in Tysons Corner. We highly recommend the bone-in ribeye with brandy peppercorn sauce and you must ask for Gunther as your waiter. We have never had been disappointed in the food, drinks or service. First class all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Patricia and Gunther were great. We had to add our children in a day prior and they were sure to provide the best service to the entire family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHhhgggDined on 9/26/2014Consistently superb - the absolute best steak dinner; always look forward to dinner at The Palm. Not only is the food right on the service is outstanding. We enjoyed our recent Friday evening dinner. Good atmosphere for a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedDrinksandSmilesDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I used to love coming to the Palm and decided for an anniversary weekend to come back (we had not been in 5 years). The highlights of the meal were the cocktails and the carrot cake; at a steakhouse, the highlight should be the steak. We were both underwhelmed by our steaks, which was very disappointing. I can't say that anything in particular was wrong, but they were underwhelming. I should never visit a restaurant and feel that I could have prepared something better myself at home. Despite our many fond memories at this place, this was likely our last visit to the Palm.Special Features:
- too expensive. Seriously.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014too expensive. Seriously.too expensive. Seriously.too expensive. Seriously.too expensive. Seriously.too expensive. Seriously.too expensive. Seriously.
- Not a great experienceTaylorVIPDined on 9/19/2014I visit The Palm often and don't recall an experience as poor as this one in quite some time. The service was not good. Waitress disappeared numerous times during the meal, leaving us with empty plates for a very long time as staff passed by out table. Waitress disappeared and we had to order (after a lengthy wait) dessert from another wait staff. Nothing is worse than having someone who's trying too hard in the beginning and then disappears at the end of the night. I expect more from The Palm!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014Both lobster and steak were overcooked. This is a suburban restaurant with not much adherence to quality...
- Great dinnerRoadWarrior2VIPDined on 9/16/2014The food was great. The service was great. The wine was great. Great job.Special Features:
- Lobsters-are-usDavidVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great Lobsters. Excellent service. Very reliable. spomething is wrong with your website... it is not letting me submit this review I have tried half a dozen times. it says I am over the character limit but I was not before adding this message to youSpecial Features:
- Like A Private ClubFineDinerVIPDined on 9/10/2014They treat you like you are a member of a private club -- excellent, personal service and excellent, premium food and wines. Worth the price of admission!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected so much moreveggiedinerVIPDined on 9/8/2014Disappointing experience at what used to be a favorite. Service was really a weak point here. I ordered a large salad as my meal and requested that it be brought out with the main course. Got it when everyone else had their appetizers which was awkward, because all I had were green beans while my companions chomped down on steak and fish. A friend ordered tuna cooked a particular way and had to send it back twice before it was properly prepared. He was "comped" a dessert but hardly made up for watching the rest of the table eat. Ordered coffee/tea and none of us were offered refills or even more hot water. The stars of the evening were of course the steak and the salmon. Pricey let down on a special occasion evening.
- 1st Time at Tysons' PalmlobstermasterDined on 9/5/2014I was born in the State of MAINE. I know LOBSTERS and how to cook them. Having lived in BETHESDA Maryland for 20 years until my wife's tragic death in November of 2012, she and I would frequently enjoy fresh lobster from Maine Avenue in WDC for our Thanksgiving Day dinner and also Christmas dinner. I love lobster and have fun cooking them PERFECTLY. THE LOBSTER BOTH MY GIRLFRIEND AND I HAD AT THE TYSONS' PALM WERE OVERCOOKED TO THE POINT OF BEING MUSHY AND DISAPPOINTING. I was kicking myself later for not sending the LOBSTERS back. It's ONLY money, but at the Palm's prices, I expected nothing less than perfection. This was never, NEVER an issue at the WDC PALM, so to write that I was severely disappointed is being polite.
- DisappointedKengDined on 9/4/2014We arrived about an hour before our scheduled reservation and decided to dine at the bar instead of at a table. My guest ordered a steak with a baked potato. The server rolled his eyes and said "we don't do baked potatoes anymore". I said really? why is that? He responded as if we asked for a bowl of fruit loops, full of condescension, eyes rolling etc. He said "on come on nobody eats them anymore. We had them on the menu but nobody ever ordered them." So he said "look, I can make you one but it'll take an hour" Funny every other steak house seems to be able to make them with the meal. Our water glasses remained empty twice for 20+ minutes until we asked for more. Just terrible service, we won't be back.
- Power Lunch enough for twocvmichaelDined on 9/4/2014Definitely a best buy - had to take dessert home, 'cause the servings were so generous! Spent 2.5 hours with another couple, celebrating birthdays and anniversary - great place for a late leisurely lunch (plan on skipping dinner)Special Features:
- lobster dinner disappointingKarenVIPDined on 8/31/2014The 4 pound lobster for 2 was disappointing. The lobster barely fed two. It should have been a dinner for 1. There was only 1 side and no dessert.Special Features:
- LionCoachBobDined on 8/31/2014Good food, good prices, GREAT service! I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Guenther was amazingJDawgVIPDined on 8/30/2014Go. Ask for Guenther. Great service only makes the evening betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent lobster dinner ... Great service ... A little loud and I expected a more dressed up crowd ...
- Lobster specialmajasmaDined on 8/30/2014We came here exclusively for the August lobster special and it did not disappoint. For 99. for 2 people you share a 4 lb. lobster which they split and crack for you along with salads and a large side to share. This is our second year coming and we will probably come back, unless we can get to Maine instead!Special Features:
- Meat Eaters ParadiseflipflopDined on 8/30/2014Two in our party had the prime rib weekend special - looked like a rib out of the Flintstones. They were running a lobster special and two in the party had the special and it was delicious and large. Only negative is that their wine prices are high.Special Features:
- Thoroughly Enjoyable ExperienceRitaDined on 8/29/2014Tim and his team make us feel welcome from the time we arrive, to ordering our meals, throughout dunner, and when we depart. The Palm Tysons Corner is an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You always feel special at The PalmGr8twineDined on 8/27/2014The Palm in Tysons is wonderful weather you are stopping by for happy hour or for a special occasion. Their staff, chef and management are all attentive, creative and always leave me with a smile!Special Features:
- Can't always hit a home runJeffreyfkDined on 8/27/2014Normally, the food here is excellent, but, we had an exception to the rule this weekend. My wife and I both ordered 3 pound Lobsters, and at $70 each, you would think that they would be excellent, but in reality, they were just ok. And to make matters worse, since everyone seemed to be ordering lobster, ours took a very long time to come out. On top of that, the place seemed louder than normal. My wife and I have been married for 19 years, and for 6 of our anniversaries, we went to the Palm II in NYC, and since we have been here in Fairfax, we have gone to the Palm in Tysons 3 times for our anniversary. Based on my wife's feelings about the last visit, we will not be going again, there are better places to spend $300 for a mediocre meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porterhouse Yum!HeatherVIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I frequent the Palm in Tysons Corner. We usually have different things, as I tend to get the delicious Seared Ahi Tuna appetizer and a salad and my husband gets a NY strip or rib eye. Well on our recent visit, we shared the porterhouse! It was the best steak either of us have had in a long time. Believe that will become our regular order from now on. Service, as usual was excellent. Bill took care of us as our usual Mishka was not working that night. The patio is a great setting and with the weather so mild a perfect place to dine.Special Features:
- Tasty Night at The Palm - TysonsMSE1210VIPDined on 8/25/2014I met my cousin for dinner on an August Monday night at The Palm in Tysons Corner. We knew we would find good food. But we were pleasantly surprised by the buzz of energy and activity considering it was a Monday in late August. There was a good crowd. There were folks having drinks and smoking cigars out on the patio on a gorgeous evening. Service was excellent. He started with a cocktail. Then we both did wine by the glass. There was a good selection of options. We both had delicious New York Strip steaks. We started with different fresh and crisp salads. I had the Louis gigi Delmaestro Salad. He had the Capri Salad with beautiful tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Then we split the Hash Browns on the side. Great evening! We had a blast.Special Features:
- Not just for steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014The lobster is very good (not cheap tho') and the service is spectacular as always.Special Features:
- Experience at the Palm RestaurantluvpalmtcDined on 8/23/2014I had a great time. Made the evening very special for my wife Elaine. Had a bday card on the table. Shared the Lobster special ...outstanding Filet's were good but not great Was a little disappoointed. Choclate cake was amazing.Service the best. Overall had a unbeleivable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at it's BestLovesmusiqandfoodDined on 8/23/2014There are many places that portray class and service excellence, but few that deliver as well as the Palm Restaurant. We recommend the lobster dinner for two. The service provided to prepare us for our feast was outstanding. The wine list caters to every taste and price points. We intend to return to the Palm to try other items on the menu, such as the prime beef or veal. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So LOUD!!Djs73VIPDined on 8/22/2014Normally, we enjoy Friday night date night at the Palm. It is usually lively, but last Friday was uncomfortably loud. So much so it ruined the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 5 star nightBobtVIPDined on 8/22/2014Two couples celebrating the start of the Fall semester for our sons at college...All aspects of the evening were terrific! Martinis, shrimp cocktail, bone in filet mignon, veal parmigian and veal marsalla to name the highlights. Our server (Melinda) was great - friendly, helpful with the menu and gave us time to chat over cocktails & after the main course was done. The Palm is never cheap, yet we walked out thinking our money was well spent on this particular Friday night!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMinnesotaNice12Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent steak, best in Tyson's Corner. Right next to Ritz.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent food and service Captures what makes an unique restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snaxholeDined on 8/17/2014The service and staff were great but the food just missed the mark. I would have expected a better steak from an experienced steak house.Special Features: