Palm Restaurant - Tampa
205 Westshore Plaza at the Westshore Mall
Tampa, FL 33609Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Tampa
- Phone: 8138497256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Silva
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: We approach every private dining gathering as an opportunity to showcase The Palm’s signature hospitality, fantastic food, professional dining atmosphere and personalized service.
- Private Party Contact: Mandy Davis 8138497256
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Tampa
The Palm...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located in the Westshore Plaza Mall, The Palm in Tampa boasts the famed walls adorned with classic cartoons and caricatures of celebrities, politicians and socialites who make up its impressive customer base. Ask The Palm about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and The Palm experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food but over pricedCanes5Dined on 3/23/2014This is a place to go if you have an unlimited expense account. You pay $30-$80 dollars an entree that doesn't come with ONE thing other than bread. Everything is a la carte. But the food and service were very good! I would not have went back had I not had a CL Deals coupon.Special Features:
- wish we found this place earlierpaulDined on 3/22/2014great atmosphere, excellent food, overall great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sad!kellyjillDined on 3/21/2014This is such a Fantastic restaurant, and its last day is Monday!! We arrived to find out that the restaurant was closing g in 3 days. It was so full of former patrons - so sad they hadn't been there more often to prevent this from happeningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Decision EVER!MonJoiedeVivreVIPDined on 3/21/2014Whoever made the decision to close our Tampa Palm was terribly wrong! We have been to so many Palm Restaurants, but none even came close to our hometown Palm. The restaurant should have been relocated, so this wonderful team of professionals could have kept their jobs. Today is a sad day in Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awful. Got theValdezeDined on 3/20/2014Service was awful. Got the food order wrong. Had to ask for bread. Had to ask for a steak knife. Had to ask for my salad. No lamb chops. Very expensive for what you get. Not worth it. Go to Bernstein a much better experience.Special Features:
- Its sad that the Palm is closing.LisaDined on 3/18/2014Its sad that the Palm is closing. I went there for a business lunch and had a lovely time. The food was superb (the steak! melt in your mouth deliciousness) and I enjoyed the many caricatures of local and national celebrities. You will be missed, Palm!Special Features:
- They are closingChopperDined on 3/17/2014I could always count on a great meal here. Sorry to see them go. I will see you at your other locations.Special Features:
- Exceptional!lyseeDined on 3/12/2014We haven't eaten @the Palm in quite awhile but we celebrated a family members b'day. I have no complaints about anything! Food was absolutely delicious, the service was superb and we all had a wonderful time! Will def returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally it's betterDaveKVIPDined on 3/8/2014My meal was average at best. I left disappointed because I'm normally used to much better when I visit a Palm. This trip was clearly the exception and I plan to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBayoubabe516Dined on 3/8/2014Calamari.. Very good, tender, fried perfectly, Caesar salad dressed perfectly, 14oz strip cooked medium... Very tender and flavorful. Chef's special was halibut with cheesy polenta, tomatoes and mushrooms. Probably the best fish I've ever eaten. Moist, meaty , perfect crust ... 7 layer chocolate cake for dessert!! Daughter's 17th birthday... They sang happy birthday and brought out a piece of key lime pie with a candle. Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Beats the CompetitionMikeDined on 3/8/2014The Palm Restaurant in Westshore Plaza is by far the best restaurant in the Tampa area. The food is spectacular. The steaks are tender and flavorful. The fish is fresh and delicious. The service is the best anywhere. And all of that is run by genuinely engaging and concerned management. Awesome for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2014Great evening here with my mother- and father-in-law for their anniversary.Special Features:
- 5 Stars All AroundOutoftownersDined on 3/7/2014The Palm is an excellent restaurant! Food, Service and Ambiance impeccable! Anticipates your needs and never rushes you. Steaks cooked to perfection and if not, no hesitation to take it back to the kitchen it it needs more grill time for your liking. Been dining at the Palm since it opened in Tampa, Fl. A must on your dining list when visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodThanksgivingDined on 3/1/2014I can't wait to come back to this place. The filet is the best and the service could not be better.Special Features:
- Sea bass to rave aboutcheriec1Dined on 3/1/2014This upscale restaurant is considered a steak house but don't ignore the seafood options! We had the Chilean Sea bass Nathan which was cooked to perfection. The lentil soup was perfectly seasoned and the three cheese potatoes were devine. The caricatures on the walls is part of its history but is my only suggestion for improvement in this dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchBussinessGuyDined on 2/24/2014Met a new potential client at the Palm for lunch. The steaks were very taste and prepared perfectly. The waite staff did a fantastic job and the noise level was perfect for having a business conversation. I will definitely be using The Palm again for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SJ BdayDrJay85Dined on 2/21/2014Took my wife there for her birthday. The food and service was wonderful. We were able to have a quite and elegant dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Simply put, the food & the dining experience was perfection !!!Special Features:
- Fantastic!ElCid85Dined on 2/15/2014Awesome bone in ribeye and the baked Alaskan with red velvet cake was to die for!Special Features:
- Love the steaks!ThanksgivingDined on 2/15/2014I'm never disappointed in my dining experience at the Palm. The service is perfect, the food is perfect and I always leave happy.Special Features:
- Grill OneSixteenDiegoDined on 2/14/2014Had a great experience with Grill OneSixteen. We made reservations for 9:30 and didn't arrive til a little passed 10 (went to the wrong location) the hostesses were not phased and still provided us with a table with no wait. Our server Ashley was friendly and knowledgable about the menu. She recommended the Meyers Old Fashion and I'm glad she did, it was great! We all had steaks and everyone was satisfied, the salads included with the dishes were unique to say the least and a bit underdressed but that could be personal preference. If you're looking for a Friday/Saturday night eat, I would definitely give Grill OneSixteen a try. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014While I understand the hectic schedule on Valentine's Day I would think the staff would try to keep the patrons respectable on a day this. I was there at 9-10 pm range on that day and I saw a slob in jeans and a tee shirt and guy wearing a baseball hat on backwards and a crowd that was not on par with the image that The Palm puts out. I ordered a nice filet that was supposed to be rare and was not cooked right, I mean how do you not cook a filet right at The Palm it looked like the heat on the grill was not hot enough and it was not good at all for 60.00. Service was fine, food times were nothing terrible for Valentine's Day, and the overall food a solid 7. But for the price The Palm needs to be better than that.Special Features:
- Palm continues to disappointPappyVIPDined on 2/14/2014Palm continues to disappoint us with service and food being average for their prices. There are so many better choices in Tampa (Eddie V's, Coopers Hawk, Ruth's Chris, etc). Would go somewhere else first.
- Old time SerivceBravoDeltaDeltaDined on 2/14/2014Even on Valentines Day, the service was excellent! Our waiter was attentive, but not overbearing. HE was always there with answers or conversation. The food was excellent. We had the wonderful Bone In Filet, with several sides for sharing. Everythign was amazing! The creamed spinach and goat cheese whipped potatoes were amazing. Hats off to all for making Valentines Day special!Special Features:
- Rushed and Horrible serviceSusanDined on 2/14/2014Mom's bday on Vday we went for lunch, the server did not introduce herself we found out her name on the bill! 2:45pm for lunch was Rushed my mom put the fork down in between bites her plate was cleared away by another waiter she wasn't done eating. Service RUSH only concerned was dinner they didn't care about us we complained to the Gen Mgr. This was not a good experience if I can give zero rating I would !!!! We were treated as steerage on the Titanic, We didn't matter, server didn't check on us, food was not equal sized portion, service was awful and very rushed, it was very very apparent they wanted us in and out so they could make their fortune on dinner. Poor/awful dining exp. I am looking forward to lunch again and better exp!
- Consistently GoodAdmanVIPDined on 2/13/2014The waitstaff is knowledgeable and well trained. Overly aggressive on up selling. It can be a little annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014We have eaten dinner or celebrated a special occasion at the Palm many times. We have always enjoyed our food and the exceptional service. The palm is always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TampaMikeDined on 2/12/2014The Palm crew outdid themselves again. As always, the food was spectacular. Steaks are always perfect, but the 837 Club Lobster Special was incredible. Try the Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with pine nuts and pancetta as a side dish. The wedge salad is the best that I've ever had. The Palm's consistency with food preparation and their great servide make this the best restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Lunch LocationShanyVIPDined on 2/12/2014Everyone knows you are there for a quick, delicious business meeting lunch and all was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014One of the great American Steakhouses. Replicates the menu from New York, providing consistent quality. The wine list has some treasures which don't break the budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went as a work group. HadnicknameVIPDined on 2/7/2014We went as a work group. Had a private room. Worked out greatSpecial Features:
- Farewell to The PalmLorraineDined on 2/7/2014Went to the Tampa location one last time. Will miss it.Special Features:
- This restaurant in Tampa closed.GloriaDined on 2/6/2014This restaurant in Tampa closed. we had dinner on the day of its closing
- The Best of TampaMonJoiedeVivreVIPDined on 2/6/2014Wishing all the best to our Tampa Palm employees. Congratulations on a job well done and a heartfelt thank you for 13 amazing years! There is no other restaurant in the world that holds such a special place in our hearts. We will miss you terribly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bye Palm Restaurant TampaMikeDined on 2/6/2014The Palm Restaurant in Tampa is now closed permanently. Corporate management has to do what they have to do, but this was one of the most popular restaurants in Tampa. Seems like a desperate move to close this restaurant during what is probably nothing more than a flat economy....like anybody will drive to Orlando just to go to the Palm! The Manager, Mark, and all of the crew at the Palm deserved better than just 9 days notice of closing. The crew at this Palm was the most professional restaurant staff that I have ever seen. I wish them all the very best in the future. Mark, Tammy, Hugo, Alfredo, Troy, Nico, Cheryl, Louis, Darryl...I know that I've missed a lot of you..........best of luck in all future endeavors!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed treasureSteakluvrDined on 2/4/2014First dining experience at the Palm restaurant. Unfortunate news of its recent closure and departure from Tampa. However, I was very glad to be able to experience it before they closed this location and have to admit that my Ribeye was the best tasting steak I've ever had. My wife are I are very avid Ruth Chris fans, but we both felt the Palm had them beat on the taste of the steak. Although a bit pricey, I would hope that sometime in the future that they would return because this is great place to go for a special occasion or when you just want to splurge and have an excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was great dinner like always!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2014Was great dinner like always!!!! Sad thou because it was our last dinner there!!!! Managerment shut it down another great resturant gone in TampaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palm Always PleasesSacchi7Dined on 1/30/2014As usual my husband and I had an outstanding experience at The Palm. You cannot beat the steaks--always excellent and cooked to individual taste. The sides are wonderful ( some like the 3-cheese potatoes at gratin are truly decadent) and the carrot cake is the best in Tampa by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Just A Steak HouseGerrySVIPDined on 1/25/2014My lobster was perfectly broiled and tasted great. My wife;s veal marsala was exceptional and I highly recommend it. The wine list quite pricey and prices in general have risen quite a bit since my last visit.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/16/2014We had a great experience at The Palm. Every aspect of the meal was perfect, the food the service, ambiance, everything. Will definitely return!Special Features: