Palm Restaurant - San Antonio
233 East Houston Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/San-Antonio
- Phone: 2102267256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alejandro Zapien
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - San Antonio
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Palm Restaurant is located off the riverfront, making it the perfect place to start off or finish up an evening on the town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Palm Restaurant - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Palm Restaurant - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (58)notable wine list (50)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (29)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Wonderful and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing time and dinner! The lobster was fantastic and so was our waitress!Special Features:
- Lobsta festTmacDined on 8/29/2014Annual lobster event is a must - sides were a little disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesome!lizzardlouDined on 8/26/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at the Palm. While we do not drive to downtown San Antonio much, we always look forward to dining there for a special occasion or concert downtown. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a Fine Dining Experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great atmosphere, wonderful food, and overall great experience as expected. The management was very gracious and accommodating, and this remains one of our favorite dining establishments.Special Features:
- Special touch2dinersinluvDined on 8/23/2014Service and food was great. We especially liked the table setting for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Great dinnerCandymanDined on 8/20/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner at The Palm. We were seated right away when we arrived. The table was decorated specially for us with a congratulations note from the staff. Leighton was our waiter who was awesome!! He knew the menu and wine list backwards and forwards. We have a fabulous Merlot (Twomey 2009) and some delicious appetizers (bacon wrapped scallops and lobster bisque). My filet was magnificent and the sauteed mushrooms added a marvelous extra. My wife's steak was just as good. For dessert we had the fresh berries w/ cream and key lime pie. The perfect toppers to a stupendous meal! The Palm is cheap and we don't go there routinely but for special occasions, The Palm is a top 3 choice! A great dinner!!Special Features:
- azielinskilikenewplacesDined on 8/20/2014the staff accommodated us with a table for my husband that was on crutches. the service was wonderful, although the food was good, the lobster was slightly overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palms very dissapointingfoodloverDined on 8/15/2014After spending $150.00 for 2 I expected better food. The sreak was at best average and was more like a $29.00 steak from a cheap franchise. The lobster on top was cold and rubbery. My salmon was bland with no flavor. It tasted poached or boiled with peppercorns on top. Now I understand why there were only a few patrons. I was at the desk at Hotel Mokarra where we stayed and a couple looking for dining options recommended NOT going there. I told them that we already made that mistake.
- Great lunch menuuptowngirlDined on 8/11/2014A vast selection of incredible food items. I always choose the Power Lunch. Reasonably priced and just enough to fill you without having that I ate too much feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friend's birthday at the PalmgardendeaDined on 8/8/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday at the Palm. The steaks are great and the cheesecake is especially notable. Pricy but worth it for a celebration.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingBobbDined on 8/6/2014Have had dinner here many times...never disappointed...our favorite near the Majestic and one of the very best downtown. Service always prompt and courteous...responds well to special requests. Wine list good, even the less expensive brands. Meal always served hot, flavored well. Veal Parmigion and steaks excellent..crab cocktail very good. Have started using their valet parking...very prompt and cost compares favorably with other available parking and directly across from the Majestic so convenient for theater goers. Noise level low enough for table conversation...nice selection of bar food as well if full dinner isn't part of your plan. The Palm continues to excel!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster specialJRitemDined on 8/2/2014The lobster special was outstanding both from a quality an quantity of food as well as service. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The service was so-so, with long periods of waiting to be taken care of even though the restaurant was not busy. The appetizer and salads were delicious. We ordered dinner, prime double cut new york strip, and did not receive it until over an hour later and were very disappointed. The steak was cooked medium rare, not medium as requested. The outside was dry and charred and there was absolutely no flavor to the steak. The asparagus was dry and cold. We politely complained and although we waited another 20 minutes for a manager, the manager was very helpful. He took the steak off the bill, apologized profusely and gave us free dessert. He handled the situation very well and we appreciated it, though we will never dine here again.
- Experience at PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The place looked nice, and the food was good, but the service was slow and it did not seem like a very busy evening. For what the prices are, you would expect better service.
- Worth the price?cwelllsDined on 7/31/2014Is it worth it to spend over one hundred dollars on a salad, one steak, and two sides? Maybe for some, but I can think of several things I could do with a hundred Benjamin's instead. That being said, if you have the green to spend then maybe it would be worth the money for the experience. The steak was cooked perfectly, the sides were great compliments and the desert was delicious. Overall the Palm was pricey, but very good. I think next time I can she'll out that kind of moola, I will check out something more unique to SA instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014Always treated like a member of the family at The Palm. Love it.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014While we had a reservation, our table was not ready. When we were seated, it was at a table that had been set up in a service pass through. It was cramped and crowded with waitstaff getting through the dining room. The table next to us was large and rowdy. The noise level was horrendous! A regular patron stopped by our table to inquire "what have you done to deserve this table"? We have dined at The Palm in Dallas and hoped to repeat the lovely experience. This was not the experience we planned for our 34th anniversary.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014Everything was a great experience--from the Ahi tuna appetizer to the filet mignon which literally melted in your mouth. The wait staff was extremely attentive, yet not intrusive. They were warm, intertaining, and efficient. Would recommend this restaurant to the highest of society.Special Features:
- Great resturaunt and serviceExcellentDiningDined on 7/19/2014This returaunt is impeccable. The ambiance is great and the service was very personable. The food was truly unique and worth every penny. Highly reccommend this resturaunt for a special occassion or just a romantic dining experience. In the hub of the riverwalk. Simply Fantastic!Special Features:
- Worth itTravelinTxnDined on 7/19/2014For us, The Palm is generally out of our comfort zone budget wise. But for a special occasion, or just a little spoiling, it's well worth it. I love the salmon, blackened and stuffed with crab; hubs is a fan of the Chilean sea bass. Unlike some upscale restaurants where the prices are high and the servings are small, you'll get plenty of food here. We haven't had dessert here yet, because dinner is very filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special!SandiDined on 7/18/2014The waiter recommended the four pound lobster special to be split for two people. It was fantastic! So great we went back the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Great restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was perfect.Special Features:
- It's The Palm, enough said.JerseyMarkDined on 7/5/2014As usual, a fine dining experience with impeccable service. We had the 4# summer lobster special, it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Ended with drunk man harassingScoutDined on 7/5/2014Most was good chose 4 stars cause my baked potato was cold, didn't want to complain. Wanted sour cream, got chives, didn't want to complain. Ordered a surprise sweet drink got a sour vodka drink. That aside it was good but what I didn't like, we got up to have a drink at the bar then a very drunk older man was harassing my wife and I. I stayed civil but expected your staff to escort him to a taxi. Stephanie had just came on shift, she would remember this guy cause she chased him out the door to get him to pay his $35 tab. This man was toast and didn't appreciate him spitting on my face eveytime he said something or breathing heavy in our ear everytime he tried to say something. This is where you and your staff let us down!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palm is fantasticpalmgorgeousDined on 7/2/2014The food was exquisite and David, our server, was wonderful. A great Majestic pre-show ritual!Special Features:
- Always deliversDrewVIPDined on 7/1/2014Unlike open table that seems only to publish positive or at most mildly negative reviews. I still use your res services but I no longer bother checking reviews. Too bad you have sacrificed your credibility, but I guess that's business.
- Not First TimeMorelesDined on 6/29/2014Have visited many times and this is the first time my steak and the persons we were with steaks did not come out as ordered. I ordered the bone in Ribeye Med. Plu and the other couple order the bone in filet Med. Plus. My steak came out maybe med. and the filet come out very raw. It was sent back and came out very well done to the point if it had been me I would have raised hell. But we were attending an event which was top of our evening.Special Features:
- Dinner before the showOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Jacob did a fantastic job waiting on us. We were there before a show at the Majestic, and he made sure to get us out in time and still did a wonderful job giving us great advice and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceHappyinCCDined on 6/28/2014Had a most enjoyable dinner. Food and service were great. They even remembered the table we like in the private dining room. Nice and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceGrandmaShirlVIPDined on 6/27/2014Went 1 1/2 hours prior to the start of the play we were to see at the Majestic Theater across the street from the restaurant. We had to wait one hour before we were served, giving us a half hour to eat, pay and get to our seats. Clearly the staff knew that many of the patrons were going to attend the play and clearly the kitchen must have been understaffed. This should not happen on theater nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceTheEdgeDined on 6/27/2014We went before a play at the majestic for our 22 anniversary. It took awhile for the food to be served. The only reason I gave it 4 stars. The food was amazing as was the service. We look forward to coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice dinner at Palm,DonEVIPDined on 6/27/2014Food is always on spot and great service from Rudy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun at the Palmjaa2014Dined on 6/24/2014Wonderful lunch menu and a great convenient place to dine before shows at the Majestic. Good food, good service.Special Features:
- BillDined on 6/24/2014As always, our experience was perfect - I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a thoroughly memorable time and meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksSofloridabredDined on 6/21/2014The Palm does an excellent job with their basic seasoning of all their steaks. Their prices continue to creep up but alas that is the case in most fine dining establishments.Special Features:
- The Palm San Antonio -SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014The bone-in filet mignon was superb. Like butter. One of the best steaks I've had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch on the run!CarmenDined on 6/18/2014Great downtown spot for the busy executive - needing a great meal at a great price at a great pace - you can get it all at the Palm.Special Features:
- We Love and enjoy our visitChelleBrown24Dined on 6/15/2014Me and My husband enjoy our time at this restaurant. We always wanted to have a sit and try out the menu. We also seen on t.v that it's one of the Top 5.Once again we enjoy our visit and we will be back soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great As AlwayslupidaDined on 6/15/2014This place is Great as Always, the food, the service, the ambience, it is all great. We love it. We always ask for our regular server but he happen to be out that day and the lady we got (Michelle) was just as good as Ignacio......Special Features:
- Very convenient and deliciousseefoodeat1502Dined on 6/14/2014We love eating at The Palm before attending a show or concert at the Majestic Theater. It is so convenient using the restaurant's valet parking. Not sure what we'll do when the new Tobin Center opens and we start going to concerts and shows there. We are spoiled by the service and the quick walk across Houston St. to the theater. Steak was perfectly cooked. Mashed potatoes with goat cheese are my hubby's idea of heaven on earth. Creme brulee is our favorite dessert., but watch out for the caramelized sugar which can have very sharp edges. Crush it up or chew it thoroughly.Special Features: