Palm Restaurant - San Antonio
233 East Houston Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/San-Antonio
- Phone: 2102267256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alejandro Zapien
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - San Antonio
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Palm Restaurant is located off the riverfront, making it the perfect place to start off or finish up an evening on the town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Palm Restaurant - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)romantic (54)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (13)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Evening datesteakeaterDined on 10/12/2014The filets were scrumptious and properly prepared. Atmosphere was fabulous. Waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. Definitely a place to check out if you haven't had the opportunity yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfy your palate.MossmanDined on 10/11/2014Truly a perfect food experience with remarkably friendly waitstaff. I highly recommend for an evening outing. Expect to split menu items with your dining companion. Otherwise you will over order your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowROYBALDDSDined on 10/11/2014Ignacio and his crew took he best care of us and were very attentive to our 15 person group. Great food great wine, great night!Special Features:
- Great NightdocrVIPDined on 10/8/2014Dined there while attending a professional meeting in San Antonio. Our party enjoyed great service, great food, and the congeniality of the staffSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and service! Only suggestion is to honor requests made online -we asked for a booth and were taken to a not-so-romantic table. They did change us to a booth, but it would have been nice to have the request noted.Special Features:
- Fabulous pre-theater spot!elshoffDined on 10/4/2014The food portions were great! Everything from service, to wine, to food was spectacular. Will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply BeautifuljonlovesThePalmDined on 10/3/2014I must say this was the best steak I have ever had. The atmosphere was cool, calm and at the same time exciting. Let me tell you, the staff was beyond my wildest expectations. The front staff to the back to the waiters. Our waiter, Jacob, I think that was his name, was superior in his wines, food ideas and oh my those green beans. Thank you to everyone there that made our night the best it had been in over a year. If you want the best of San Antonio then you need to go to The Palm. Good food, god service, good price and amazing people will be waiting for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Before TheaterhappygrandmotherDined on 9/30/2014Before theater, it is worth having dinner at your restaurant! I took my granddaughter, and the staff made her feel like a million dollars! Kids menu is terrific, and the service outstanding! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurantalamogurlDined on 9/30/2014Everything at this lovely restaurant was great from the service, quality of the meal, to the wine list. My husband and I felt relaxed and by the end of our meal full! Most excellent steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service but food was oksaigeDined on 9/30/2014We came for a birthday and they made sure we enjoyed our service. Our waiter was attentive, fun and had great wine suggestions. The steak was amazing. The swordfish was good but the bacon wrapped scallops were fishy and the ahi was questionable. The wine was fantastic and the creme brulee was delightful. We enjoyed ourselves but if we do return we will stick with the steak.Special Features:
- Greatfood great ambienceGarciaTDined on 9/27/2014Recommend to me by a friend I will recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Ambience and service were outstanding. The Ribeye steak I ordered was not tender at all for a steak that was priced at $56.Special Features:
- Fell Short!LizSDined on 9/26/2014This wasn't our first dining experience with The Palm but it was our 32nd wedding anniversary so we had kinda high expectations. The food has always been great, but we made the mistake of ordering the Cottage Fries as a side dish and it was POTATO CHIPS! POTATO CHIPS?? At a restaurant that has a $53 Salmon? I ordered the Salmon special...they had salmon on the menu for around $38, but this was a crab stuffed salmon so naturally it was $15 more. I made the mistake of not asking how much. My bad! An overpriced wine list rounded off this experience and since my husband and I have budgetary concerns it made it harder for us to select something. The bottom line is OVERPRICING and UNDER SERVICING! A high priced restaurant can't afford mediocrity.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Always love the palm when we go. It's not a stuffy place, very easy going and family friendly. my husband loved his steak, and my drink was just right ;)Special Features:
- Excellent EveningMorelesDined on 9/16/2014Advised restaurant ahead of time for a special occasion and table was decored accordinly. Food was served as order and service was excellent. A great wine list and would recommend. Ask for Rudy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotJohnDined on 9/11/2014I have been here several times for dinner and lunch. Lunch is a great time to be down town and should be considered.Special Features:
- AwesomeCjr1980Dined on 9/7/2014The food is unbeatable, the ambiance is unmatchable, the service is impeccable. Perfect date night spot. A little pricey, but well worth it for a nice night out. Try the crab cakes, and for the love of God, don't leave without having steak and an Amber Palm beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and friendlybirthdayboyDined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing time and dinner! The lobster was fantastic and so was our waitress!Special Features:
- Lobsta festTmacDined on 8/29/2014Annual lobster event is a must - sides were a little disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesome!lizzardlouDined on 8/26/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at the Palm. While we do not drive to downtown San Antonio much, we always look forward to dining there for a special occasion or concert downtown. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a Fine Dining Experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great atmosphere, wonderful food, and overall great experience as expected. The management was very gracious and accommodating, and this remains one of our favorite dining establishments.Special Features:
- Special touch2dinersinluvDined on 8/23/2014Service and food was great. We especially liked the table setting for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Great dinnerCandymanDined on 8/20/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner at The Palm. We were seated right away when we arrived. The table was decorated specially for us with a congratulations note from the staff. Leighton was our waiter who was awesome!! He knew the menu and wine list backwards and forwards. We have a fabulous Merlot (Twomey 2009) and some delicious appetizers (bacon wrapped scallops and lobster bisque). My filet was magnificent and the sauteed mushrooms added a marvelous extra. My wife's steak was just as good. For dessert we had the fresh berries w/ cream and key lime pie. The perfect toppers to a stupendous meal! The Palm is cheap and we don't go there routinely but for special occasions, The Palm is a top 3 choice! A great dinner!!Special Features:
- azielinskilikenewplacesDined on 8/20/2014the staff accommodated us with a table for my husband that was on crutches. the service was wonderful, although the food was good, the lobster was slightly overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palms very dissapointingfoodloverDined on 8/15/2014After spending $150.00 for 2 I expected better food. The sreak was at best average and was more like a $29.00 steak from a cheap franchise. The lobster on top was cold and rubbery. My salmon was bland with no flavor. It tasted poached or boiled with peppercorns on top. Now I understand why there were only a few patrons. I was at the desk at Hotel Mokarra where we stayed and a couple looking for dining options recommended NOT going there. I told them that we already made that mistake.
- Great lunch menuuptowngirlDined on 8/11/2014A vast selection of incredible food items. I always choose the Power Lunch. Reasonably priced and just enough to fill you without having that I ate too much feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friend's birthday at the PalmgardendeaDined on 8/8/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday at the Palm. The steaks are great and the cheesecake is especially notable. Pricy but worth it for a celebration.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingBobbDined on 8/6/2014Have had dinner here many times...never disappointed...our favorite near the Majestic and one of the very best downtown. Service always prompt and courteous...responds well to special requests. Wine list good, even the less expensive brands. Meal always served hot, flavored well. Veal Parmigion and steaks excellent..crab cocktail very good. Have started using their valet parking...very prompt and cost compares favorably with other available parking and directly across from the Majestic so convenient for theater goers. Noise level low enough for table conversation...nice selection of bar food as well if full dinner isn't part of your plan. The Palm continues to excel!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster specialJRitemDined on 8/2/2014The lobster special was outstanding both from a quality an quantity of food as well as service. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The service was so-so, with long periods of waiting to be taken care of even though the restaurant was not busy. The appetizer and salads were delicious. We ordered dinner, prime double cut new york strip, and did not receive it until over an hour later and were very disappointed. The steak was cooked medium rare, not medium as requested. The outside was dry and charred and there was absolutely no flavor to the steak. The asparagus was dry and cold. We politely complained and although we waited another 20 minutes for a manager, the manager was very helpful. He took the steak off the bill, apologized profusely and gave us free dessert. He handled the situation very well and we appreciated it, though we will never dine here again.
- Experience at PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The place looked nice, and the food was good, but the service was slow and it did not seem like a very busy evening. For what the prices are, you would expect better service.
- Worth the price?cwelllsDined on 7/31/2014Is it worth it to spend over one hundred dollars on a salad, one steak, and two sides? Maybe for some, but I can think of several things I could do with a hundred Benjamin's instead. That being said, if you have the green to spend then maybe it would be worth the money for the experience. The steak was cooked perfectly, the sides were great compliments and the desert was delicious. Overall the Palm was pricey, but very good. I think next time I can she'll out that kind of moola, I will check out something more unique to SA instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014Always treated like a member of the family at The Palm. Love it.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014While we had a reservation, our table was not ready. When we were seated, it was at a table that had been set up in a service pass through. It was cramped and crowded with waitstaff getting through the dining room. The table next to us was large and rowdy. The noise level was horrendous! A regular patron stopped by our table to inquire "what have you done to deserve this table"? We have dined at The Palm in Dallas and hoped to repeat the lovely experience. This was not the experience we planned for our 34th anniversary.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014Everything was a great experience--from the Ahi tuna appetizer to the filet mignon which literally melted in your mouth. The wait staff was extremely attentive, yet not intrusive. They were warm, intertaining, and efficient. Would recommend this restaurant to the highest of society.Special Features:
- Great resturaunt and serviceExcellentDiningDined on 7/19/2014This returaunt is impeccable. The ambiance is great and the service was very personable. The food was truly unique and worth every penny. Highly reccommend this resturaunt for a special occassion or just a romantic dining experience. In the hub of the riverwalk. Simply Fantastic!Special Features:
- Worth itTravelinTxnDined on 7/19/2014For us, The Palm is generally out of our comfort zone budget wise. But for a special occasion, or just a little spoiling, it's well worth it. I love the salmon, blackened and stuffed with crab; hubs is a fan of the Chilean sea bass. Unlike some upscale restaurants where the prices are high and the servings are small, you'll get plenty of food here. We haven't had dessert here yet, because dinner is very filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special!SandiDined on 7/18/2014The waiter recommended the four pound lobster special to be split for two people. It was fantastic! So great we went back the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Great restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was perfect.Special Features:
- It's The Palm, enough said.JerseyMarkDined on 7/5/2014As usual, a fine dining experience with impeccable service. We had the 4# summer lobster special, it did not disappoint.Special Features: