Palm Restaurant - San Antonio
233 East Houston Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/San-Antonio
- Phone: (210) 226-7256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alejandro Zapien
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - San Antonio
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Palm Restaurant is located off the riverfront, making it the perfect place to start off or finish up an evening on the town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Palm Restaurant - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (49)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (30)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Thirsty SardineScoutDined on 11/23/2014Waiter kept hitting my head with his sleeve and kicking my chair every time he passed by. Tables were placed so close in the area we were in that it was too tight. And anything short of raising my glass saying I'm dying of thirst over here was the only way to get some water and tea. This is the second time in less than 2 weeks this place doesn't hit it's mark. I noticed the new staff and that could be it but i could've gone to Texas Roadhouse for this kind of service. Get it together before we start searching for another place and love it! Service was great when Omar was there, I guess didn't realize how one waiter makes a difference!
- We love this place!TheFoodDude64Dined on 11/23/2014We have been her twice and they have exceeded expectations both times. The service is top notch and the food is great! If you don't order the goat cheese mashed potatoes then you're missing out and my wife has ordered the Veal Martini both times. We highly recommend The Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014Great service, very loud environment - that was disappointing. Have eaten there before. The food was not as good this time.Special Features:
- Another GREAT meal!!CarnivoreVIPDined on 11/14/2014My first time at Palm San Antonio, but no disappointment here. The only problem our party of four experienced was that the table was too small for all the food. I had the NY Strip with Lobster and my wife had the Sea Bass. Both were wonderful. I particularly liked the side of mushrooms. They were a good addition to my steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Awesome filets, bread, potatoes & onions. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbDined on 11/9/2014Been here several times and always very happy except for tonight. Despite reservations (and we were early) we were placed at a poor table immediately across a narrow aisle from the server station (computer) where the traffic and business conducted was very annoying. (Note: Think there really should not be a table here at all. )A busy night and I understand that why service was slower than usual...Appetizer served before cocktails also. Being Sunday night we were advised after the meal that "doggy bags" were not available since the restaurant closed before the show at the Majestic would be over...then advised that arrangements would be made so we could pick them up at the bar. But when we arrived after the show, the bar also was closed. I usually tip well and did so this night...but given the poor table location, confused service and loss of our planned "take home bag" felt somewhat taken advantage of. Won't discontinue going here...it's been one of 4 most favorite restaurants in SA and remains so but will certainly rethink that evaluation with another experience like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big City Dining in San AntonioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Most people think of San Antonio as a center for Mexican food but they obviously have never experienced the Palm. It is as good as any restaurant I've patronized in New York City or Palm Springs, excelling in every category. I've been there pre- and post- theater, as a twosome and as part of a larger group. Each time the visit was memorable. And yes, I will dine there again as soon as the opportunity presents itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold food & non attentive serverScoutDined on 11/8/2014Normally this place is great but our waiter just wasn't on his game. He started by spilling oil all over the floor in our area. Then took him a bit to figure out what drinks we ordered. It was very busy so our food took a bit longer which is ok, but all the steaks came out cold. One was supposed to be med-rare one med-well both came out rare. Took about until our baked potato was cold to get butter and the rest of trimmings. And lastly had to get knives from a manager cause waiter kept disappearing. Avoiding this place for a while!Special Features:
- The best Restaurant everMarythePalm1108Dined on 11/8/2014I've eaten here several times, but the last time was probably 5-6 years ago. It seem a little different this time. The last times we ate there it was like the chef/waiters were the actual cook. This time it seem the waiter was just a waiter and not the chef cook. The service was pretty good. The waiter took a long time getting our wine to the table. We were there almost 30 min. before we got our wine. The waiter seem new, which I'm fine with that. We spent $196.00 there plus the tip. I eat out all the time and I will definitely come back. I love the place and will always recommend it to people. The tall Hispanic young guy was awesome (server). Very professional and enthused about his job. I hope he stays with you guys.Special Features:
- Fantastic SteakssalivinDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I had a wonderful experience; the service and food were both outstanding. The steaks were perfect, and the bar drinks were great as well. I ordered my steak "Oscar," but with lobster instead of crab. It was amazing. We eat here before going to shows at the Majestic, but it is so good that you don't need another reason to go downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nickspicksDined on 11/8/2014Great service, strange ambiance with walls with portraits of faces. Food good but not outstanding for price.
- luv2dineoutDined on 11/5/2014Could be romantic except there was a child in other area of room that cried all the time 2 hours that we were there! In my mind this is not a coffee-shop and not a place for crying children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014Excellent as always. They always get us in and out in time for the show across the street at the Majestic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the pricefoodielove99Dined on 10/29/2014We went for my husband's birthday and they set up a beautiful table. The waiter Rudy was top notch! He went above and beyond expectation! Unfortunately the food wasn't very good. We spent about $500 for food and drinks which I totally expected... but I expected great food.My scallops were not seared and cold. The crab meat had a piece of shell in it. The brussel sprouts tasted like they were boiled and not seasoned. I chose not to say anything at the restaurant because I didn't want to make a fuss on my husband's birthday. On a side note the drinks were great! I wish the food was good, because I would have lived to go back.Special Features:
- Evening datesteakeaterDined on 10/12/2014The filets were scrumptious and properly prepared. Atmosphere was fabulous. Waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. Definitely a place to check out if you haven't had the opportunity yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfy your palate.MossmanDined on 10/11/2014Truly a perfect food experience with remarkably friendly waitstaff. I highly recommend for an evening outing. Expect to split menu items with your dining companion. Otherwise you will over order your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowROYBALDDSDined on 10/11/2014Ignacio and his crew took he best care of us and were very attentive to our 15 person group. Great food great wine, great night!Special Features:
- Great NightdocrVIPDined on 10/8/2014Dined there while attending a professional meeting in San Antonio. Our party enjoyed great service, great food, and the congeniality of the staffSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and service! Only suggestion is to honor requests made online -we asked for a booth and were taken to a not-so-romantic table. They did change us to a booth, but it would have been nice to have the request noted.Special Features:
- Fabulous pre-theater spot!elshoffDined on 10/4/2014The food portions were great! Everything from service, to wine, to food was spectacular. Will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply BeautifuljonlovesThePalmDined on 10/3/2014I must say this was the best steak I have ever had. The atmosphere was cool, calm and at the same time exciting. Let me tell you, the staff was beyond my wildest expectations. The front staff to the back to the waiters. Our waiter, Jacob, I think that was his name, was superior in his wines, food ideas and oh my those green beans. Thank you to everyone there that made our night the best it had been in over a year. If you want the best of San Antonio then you need to go to The Palm. Good food, god service, good price and amazing people will be waiting for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Before TheaterhappygrandmotherDined on 9/30/2014Before theater, it is worth having dinner at your restaurant! I took my granddaughter, and the staff made her feel like a million dollars! Kids menu is terrific, and the service outstanding! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurantalamogurlDined on 9/30/2014Everything at this lovely restaurant was great from the service, quality of the meal, to the wine list. My husband and I felt relaxed and by the end of our meal full! Most excellent steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service but food was oksaigeDined on 9/30/2014We came for a birthday and they made sure we enjoyed our service. Our waiter was attentive, fun and had great wine suggestions. The steak was amazing. The swordfish was good but the bacon wrapped scallops were fishy and the ahi was questionable. The wine was fantastic and the creme brulee was delightful. We enjoyed ourselves but if we do return we will stick with the steak.Special Features:
- Greatfood great ambienceGarciaTDined on 9/27/2014Recommend to me by a friend I will recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Ambience and service were outstanding. The Ribeye steak I ordered was not tender at all for a steak that was priced at $56.Special Features:
- Fell Short!LizSDined on 9/26/2014This wasn't our first dining experience with The Palm but it was our 32nd wedding anniversary so we had kinda high expectations. The food has always been great, but we made the mistake of ordering the Cottage Fries as a side dish and it was POTATO CHIPS! POTATO CHIPS?? At a restaurant that has a $53 Salmon? I ordered the Salmon special...they had salmon on the menu for around $38, but this was a crab stuffed salmon so naturally it was $15 more. I made the mistake of not asking how much. My bad! An overpriced wine list rounded off this experience and since my husband and I have budgetary concerns it made it harder for us to select something. The bottom line is OVERPRICING and UNDER SERVICING! A high priced restaurant can't afford mediocrity.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Always love the palm when we go. It's not a stuffy place, very easy going and family friendly. my husband loved his steak, and my drink was just right ;)Special Features:
- Excellent EveningMorelesVIPDined on 9/16/2014Advised restaurant ahead of time for a special occasion and table was decored accordinly. Food was served as order and service was excellent. A great wine list and would recommend. Ask for Rudy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotJohnDined on 9/11/2014I have been here several times for dinner and lunch. Lunch is a great time to be down town and should be considered.Special Features:
- AwesomeCjr1980Dined on 9/7/2014The food is unbeatable, the ambiance is unmatchable, the service is impeccable. Perfect date night spot. A little pricey, but well worth it for a nice night out. Try the crab cakes, and for the love of God, don't leave without having steak and an Amber Palm beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and friendlybirthdayboyDined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing time and dinner! The lobster was fantastic and so was our waitress!Special Features:
- Lobsta festTmacDined on 8/29/2014Annual lobster event is a must - sides were a little disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesome!lizzardlouDined on 8/26/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at the Palm. While we do not drive to downtown San Antonio much, we always look forward to dining there for a special occasion or concert downtown. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a Fine Dining Experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great atmosphere, wonderful food, and overall great experience as expected. The management was very gracious and accommodating, and this remains one of our favorite dining establishments.Special Features:
- Special touch2dinersinluvDined on 8/23/2014Service and food was great. We especially liked the table setting for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Great dinnerCandymanDined on 8/20/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner at The Palm. We were seated right away when we arrived. The table was decorated specially for us with a congratulations note from the staff. Leighton was our waiter who was awesome!! He knew the menu and wine list backwards and forwards. We have a fabulous Merlot (Twomey 2009) and some delicious appetizers (bacon wrapped scallops and lobster bisque). My filet was magnificent and the sauteed mushrooms added a marvelous extra. My wife's steak was just as good. For dessert we had the fresh berries w/ cream and key lime pie. The perfect toppers to a stupendous meal! The Palm is cheap and we don't go there routinely but for special occasions, The Palm is a top 3 choice! A great dinner!!Special Features:
- azielinskilikenewplacesDined on 8/20/2014the staff accommodated us with a table for my husband that was on crutches. the service was wonderful, although the food was good, the lobster was slightly overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palms very dissapointingfoodloverDined on 8/15/2014After spending $150.00 for 2 I expected better food. The sreak was at best average and was more like a $29.00 steak from a cheap franchise. The lobster on top was cold and rubbery. My salmon was bland with no flavor. It tasted poached or boiled with peppercorns on top. Now I understand why there were only a few patrons. I was at the desk at Hotel Mokarra where we stayed and a couple looking for dining options recommended NOT going there. I told them that we already made that mistake.
- Great lunch menuuptowngirlDined on 8/11/2014A vast selection of incredible food items. I always choose the Power Lunch. Reasonably priced and just enough to fill you without having that I ate too much feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.