Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Philadelphia
- Phone: 2155467256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00 pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Reynolds
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service & an atmosphere like nowhere else. What makes Palm Restaurant truly unique is our genuine old world hospitality & an atmosphere you just can’t find anywhere else. At Palm Restaurant… our dining rooms are a panorama of the classic cartoons & caricatures of Palm Restaurant regulars & local celebrities. Each room is filled with the hearty handshakes & warms smiles from our gregarious staff & familiar guests & always abuzz with a sea of conversation & laughter celebrating the best of everything. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (40)great for lunch (37)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (23)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (20)hot spot (19)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not up to usual Palm standardsVeggiekVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was OK not great. Crab cakes were not lumpy but taste was fine. Two of us got the summer lobster special. The service was definitely not up to the standards of other Palm locations I have visited. For $275 meal for 4, I expected more professional service.
- mains are delicious4diningDined on 8/22/2014Main courses are excellent and servings generous for sure . Best crab cakes north of virginia..However for that price sides should be included .also $4.50 for a cup of coffee and no offer of a refill is unacceptable...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delivered what they promiselovegoodfoodDined on 8/20/2014We were seated promptly in an available booth. Unlike some restaurants, they did not run out of their special. The lobster was deliciously tender and they didn't skimp on the drawn butter and lemon. When our personal choice of the side did not meet our expectation (was good, but not what we thought it was going to be), there was no problem in asking for a different side that was brought promptly with no drama. The drinks were excellent and were not watery. The desserts were incredible, especially my companion's bag of donuts that was really a bag of warm wonderful donuts! I have never eaten at the Palm in Philadelphia and I will make sure to do so many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014I always eat at the palm if its in the city i'm staying in. The food is great, its always clean and the service is wonderful. I loved the donuts in the bag with the dipping sauce. If i come back to Philly i would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dininglobsterloverDined on 8/10/2014Truly a first class all round dining experience. Meals are wonderfully prepared, great presentation and wonderful service to enhance the dining experience. Always a pleasure. Excellent wine selection for pairings and often there are speacials to make the evening a great value. Being an 837 member only helps to enhance the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv 2 eatluv2eatDined on 8/7/2014Just a perfect night all around! The food, the ambience, the wait staff, the decor. Loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!SandRDined on 8/6/2014Huge martinis (the understand the meaning of "extra olives"); lobster for two is a wonderful summer treat; service impeccable every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a quality experiencesteakhousetouristsDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed the informal, relaxed atmosphere. Service was also friendly and relaxed. Our steaks were quite flavorful, although both of us judged our filets to be just a bit overcooked. Our dry gin martinis (ordered straight up) were icy cold, of notably generous size, and as good as we've had anywhere. We would definitely give this restaurant another visit.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerGCapDined on 8/2/2014Had a plesant meal,the food and service were wonderful. It's situated in a great location a must when visiting Philadelphia .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionMikeDined on 7/30/2014Great food always Perfect for lunch and dinner Great place to be seen and people watch at the barI would recommend this to a friend.
- party atmosphere at the Palmnickname2126Dined on 7/24/2014I went to the Palm with a group of seven people. We were at a wonderful round table. The service was terrific as was the food. We had the lobsters, soft shell crabs, crab cakes. fantastic sides served family style….. we saw beautiful rib eye and other beef dishes at other tables. This is a very consistent restaurant with no surprises. There a specials and there is enough variety to meet everyones needs -- great location and easy parking which the restaurant offers a discount for…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time still not a charmCardinalvVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have been a Palm (NY) regular for 55 years. The Philadelphia outpost should be deleted from their roster. third time there and the steak simply was terrible. Overcooked , dry...no parsley butter sauce, and if that was a 14oz steak then I am getting my glasses prescription checked. Where do they get them....the Acme? The food and esp wine list outrageously overpriced. Won't be back and I am an original 837 member....Back to NYC to the original!
- Good, but not greatLoveToEatOutDined on 7/22/2014We came for the steaks. Two of us ordered "medium" and one of us got medium rare while the other got medium well. However, the service was extremely good and the rest of the experience was fine.
- Air conditioningMaryannDined on 7/20/2014The restaurant was so hot no one could enjoy themselves or the meal. We couldn't wait to leave. The service and food were great but won't go back again for a long time.Special Features:
- My favorite placefritzDined on 7/19/2014Friendly service and top quality ingredients well prepared. No pretense, no attitude. A great place to have a good time. I love a bar that doesn't use those plastic pourers on the liquor bottles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDined on 7/19/2014Always reliable & good! Service is excellent, staff is very attentive, & food is delicious.Special Features:
- Exceptional!CraigVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food was great as always. Join the 837 club for monthly specials. Randy was a great guide for the evening. The Philly Palm is by far my favorite!Special Features:
- Great servicegrahamDined on 7/17/2014My experience was great love my crab cakes. My server was wonderful, went on my anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014I am a 837 club member. My wife and I occasionally dine at a Palm restaurant. We have dined in Philadelphia , Atlantic city . and Las Vegas. Their steaks are exceptionally good. I recommend it for the food, service, and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone in Filet #amazing!CraigVIPDined on 6/29/2014Couldn't have been a better meal. Started with their excellent, and plentiful, tuna tartare. Then on to the bone in filet, cooked a perfect medium. Excellent taste, very juicy, very much full of flavor. Brussell sprouts turned into a novel dessert. Norman was a great guide for the evening, including a very nice Cabernet recommendation.Special Features:
- EmbarrassingEmbarrassedVIPDined on 6/28/2014We had family with me that had never been to a Palm. I ordered 3 bottles of wine, the server never offered to fill any of the glasses for the rest of the meal. Calamari was served with no share plates, so of course everyone used their bread plate. After the appetizer was finished, the waiter cleared our bread plates but never came back with new, so we all ate bread off the table. I ordered 2 lg wedge salads to be split 4 ways each so we all could have some- there was 7 of us. Instead he brought the 2 salads, just split for 2, so we had to do it ourselves. Next came the entree- a dbl cut NY, already sliced instead if at the table & 2 5 lb lobsters piled on 1 lg platter instead of wow, it looked like someone had thrown up on the plate.Special Features:
- alexDined on 6/28/2014would definitely go back again and again! Good food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014I came to the restaurant last night to celebrate my boyfriend's 30th birthday. We had a great dinner and the server was wonderful. I was disappointed that when we ordered desert that there wasn't anything done for his birthday. When I made the reservation last week I made comments that it was his birthday and asked that they put a candle in our desert or if they could do something for his birthday. Nothing big, just to make it special. I then called on Wed, 6/25 the day before our dinner to make sure your restaurant received the note and the women I spoke to said she will even hand write it for us. I was really upset when they brought the desert and did
- My new favorite!good2eatVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is my new favorite steakhouse in Philly! The atmosphere was very energetic and more importantly the food was DELICIOUS!! I had one of the specials for the summer, which was the 9 oz filet and lobster. Very accommodating to food allergies and guess what? They actually had mashed potatoes WITHOUT garlic! That was a nice surprised and they were divine with the goat cheese. Our waiter was great too and very personable.Special Features:
- Poor serviceSparkieVIPDined on 6/21/2014Waiter was in attentive. Spent time chatting with next table and ignored us when our entree came.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLuv2eatgoodfoodDined on 6/21/2014This was a great find for a dinner after a play down the block at the Kimmel Center. Good food with great service. Steaks were cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where is the crabmeat coming from?xoxoVIPDined on 6/20/2014i almost NEVER order crabcakes ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THE PALM/getting them @ palm PHILLY is a treat! that is until my last experience a few weeks ago.the crabcakes were loose, not tasting like the finest LOCAL (Louisiana or Maryland or wherever)crab! it may have been imported however i did not want to ask questions or complain to the server bc our friends were treating us to dinner &would not embarrass them.went home, emailed the palm headquarters & asked a simple question: where is philly palm getting their crabmeat! reply was that someone from the restaurant would contact me. THAT NEVER HAPPENED so i emailed again. got no reply so i emailed once more & still no reply! 5-6 times a yr at the palm (pre theatre) may now be down to 1 or none!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014I am a long term fan of The Palm - excellent restaurantSpecial Features:
- SticksDined on 6/19/2014Our server Randy was great. We loved him and will request him when we come back. Great dining experience for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Everything and everyone at The Palm in PHL. was GREAT.....It was my Lovely wife birthday and we haven't celebrated anything for quite some time do to the economy,but she deserves the BEST,inspight of things that we have no control of or whats going on in this crazy world...For one special day,I was able to put that familiar smile on her face that i remember 30yrs ago with The Palm's help!.........See you guys soon...Thank You......J.Roberts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/12/2014our lobster was supposed to 4lb. but I think they did not weigh it right. Very disappointing'Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Excellent experience. Very pricey but was certainly one of the best steaks I've ever had.Wish there was a smaller rib steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDined on 6/7/2014Always reliable, especially the lobster special. It's pricey, but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, wine pricey nasty decorglannieDined on 6/6/2014Food & service good No atmosphere in dining room, decor horrible, Shame on Hyatt group. Nice bar. Wine menu restrictive unless you pay a lot of $'s Not returning to dine.Special Features:
- Well Not Great!DocLevVIPDined on 5/31/2014We dine here often and I was surprised how far down the quality of food and service has gone. The hosts are great and the room is loud but the Shrimp Cocktail were embarrassing (U12?) and the Filet was tying and way overcooked x 2 My lobster tail was huge and cooked sporadically and really not enjoyable. We will come back because of the people but tonight was way off center Oh well...Better luck next time!~
- Always perfect, The PalmLaylaDined on 5/23/2014We always enjoy dining at the Palm simply because we know what to expect.; good service, great drinks, delicious food, comfortable surroundings. We enjoyed cocktails before dinner; a martini for me and a Rob Roy for my friend who said it was divine. This time we ordered filet mignon which was perfectly cooked, medium- rare and we shared the creamed spinach and mashed potatoes.it seems we can never resist the dessert of hot, homemade bag of donuts. Yum! We will go back to the Palm in August for the Lobster fest.and enjoy the summer in the city vibe and the gentleman server who cracks our lobster with a real flair!Special Features:
- chasnanVIPDined on 5/23/2014food was very good service was good very nice place to have lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodPunisherDined on 5/22/2014Great service and food, will be dining here again in future.Special Features:
- LobsterBubbiVIPDined on 5/21/2014Went there to thank a friend for her kindness and ordered the Lobster - 3 lbs which we shared Best lobster in town, a glass of wine, their hashed brown potatoes and your in heaven.Special Features:
- Consistently Above AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Well worth the cost, especially for a special ocassion. Attentive staff makes the experience enjoyable.Special Features: