Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Philadelphia
- Phone: 2155467256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00 pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Reynolds
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service & an atmosphere like nowhere else. What makes Palm Restaurant truly unique is our genuine old world hospitality & an atmosphere you just can’t find anywhere else. At Palm Restaurant… our dining rooms are a panorama of the classic cartoons & caricatures of Palm Restaurant regulars & local celebrities. Each room is filled with the hearty handshakes & warms smiles from our gregarious staff & familiar guests & always abuzz with a sea of conversation & laughter celebrating the best of everything. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (47)notable wine list (45)hot spot (25)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (19)romantic (15)scenic view (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Still the best steak anywhereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014Definitely a splurge when not on an expense account, but continues to be the best steak you can get.
- Happy 50th!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Had a delicious lunch to celebrate a co-workers 50th!Special Features:
- Slightly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2014Until my most recent visit I enjoyed the steaks. This last time I ordered the double NY strip steak for three of us. The meat was uneven in texture. some of it was quite tender, BUT a lot was tough and had gristle. Couldn't chew itSpecial Features:
- Gift Card RecipientOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Getting into the city for dinner & night life is always fun. I was fortunate enough to receive a generous gift card to The Palm & figured my husband and I would start there for dinner. The atmosphere was great, the waiter was very attentive, charming & knowledgeable. We asked him for recommendations for our appetizer & our meal. Our appetizer was apple wood smoked bacon w/ coleslaw and BBQ sauce, and it was amazing. We heard about the steaks here so we chose the Porterhouse for two, with a side of brussel sprouts. The steak was very tender but was lacking any flavor(which was disappointing since we had just been amazed by the appetizer). When we received the bill, the steak became even more disappointing. It certainly was not worth $125.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!ValleyDined on 10/12/2014When we visit Philadelphia we always book a reservation at The Palm. We have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is fun and exciting. The service is beyond accomodating. We will look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- JohnDined on 10/11/2014Excellent service and the steaks were awesome! Great location near all of the theatres in center city Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Strip and the CaesarkarenmDined on 10/10/2014I limit myself to the 18 oz New York strip and the Caesar salad. Steak is always, always, always "the best strip I've ever had"....and the Caesar is perfectly prepared. We had a delightful catch-up dinner with our friends of almost 50 years....What's not to love??Special Features:
- Always niceZebra48Dined on 10/9/2014Always nice, quick service and great side dishes How do I get my face on the wall...Special Features:
- great lunch saladsspoiledVIPDined on 10/6/2014The service at the Palm was impeccable as always along with the food.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014The staff at the restaurant was really nice. Our waiter was very pleasant and helpful. Our food was out of this world good. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- A Philly Must!CraigVIPDined on 9/24/2014Bone in ribeye--the best there is, cooked to perfection. Brussel sprouts amazing. Recommended wine is always outstanding. Can't go to Philly without stopping in.Special Features:
- Not a fanAgSurpherVIPDined on 9/20/2014Filet slightly overcooked, but the right temp... The Bisque was entirely uneventful - other than the presentation. Side dishes were also... well... boring. And although the restaurant may consider it 'bashing', the waiter was inattentive and haughty. Because of the inattention ON A SUNDAY NIGHT, the meal took twice as long as needed. Having been a professional waiter and trainer, I assure you that assessment is accurate. If not for the pleasant company I would have complained. And did I mention that the wine was ridiculously-priced? THE WINE WAS RIDICULOUSLY-PRICED, although the Zinfandel was very nice. On the 'AgSurpher Value Scale', I give it a (-2.0); 2 below "Worth it" (This is AgSurpher's Official COST | ENJOYMENT ratio).
- Typical PalmKethleyVIPDined on 9/17/2014This place is identical to the other Palm I've been to in Dallas. The faces on the walls provide entertainment in trying to figure out who everyone is, and then the food is pretty stellar. The service can be lackluster and they can be rather condescending, but with steaks like theirs, they can ALMOST get away with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Group!!BCW1908Dined on 9/17/2014Came here with my sales team the other night. Everything was delicious!! The seven of us really enjoyed ourselves. The PALM never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basically good, overcooked steakProfessionaleaterVIPDined on 9/15/2014Service was pretty good, food was expensive as you would guess, and the atmosphere was steakhouse clubby no surprise there. I ordered a small portion Caesar, the bone in ribeye and a glass of 14 Hands Merlot. Standard Caesar and good wine, but surprisingly my medium rare steak came out medium. I dined on a Monday and it wasn't busy so the kitchen was definitely not slammed, so this was definitely surprising for a high end steakhouse. I was debating whether to send it back or not, but I kept it and told my server who offered to take it back. Next time that happens I will send it back, I paid too much money in a high end steakhouse for my steak to be overcooked beyond my requested medium rare.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palm never disappoints!!!!diningoutfanDined on 9/13/2014One of our all-time favorite restaurants. Beautiful atmosphere, staff attentive to the perfect degree - not hovering but always there when you need something. And the best food! Lobster bisque and softshell crab appetizers, steaks, vegetables, drinks, desserts - fantastic!! Can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster!!NiniDined on 9/10/2014The Lobster at the Palm is absolutely the best I have ever eaten!Special Features:
- 837 specialWildbillDined on 9/10/2014Joined 837 and get dining deals regularly. Went for the lobster special and boy was it great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was absolutely terrible!JMP18VIPDined on 9/9/2014The service was terrible and the wine featured on the menu could not be located and was unknown to both the waiter and hostess. We waited for a long time to order dinner and the service was terrible. We had to refill our own wine glasses also.
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Palms is a great restaurant but would only go back for a special occasion, it's very pricey the service was great but portions are very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better options out therePatokwDined on 9/6/2014Heard a lot about the palm so decided to give it a try. It was okay but for the price, I believe capital grille is a better option.Special Features:
- Perfect for after theater dinnerFredDined on 9/6/2014Stopped here after a Saturday matinee. The bone-in rib-eye I had was in my top 5 all time steaks. The caricatures on the walls were not what I expected and detracted slightly from the ambiance. Eric our server did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great summer close!Doc777Dined on 8/31/2014A great way to end summer with family over a 5lb lobster and superior service. A great getaway in Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual Palm standardsVeggiekVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was OK not great. Crab cakes were not lumpy but taste was fine. Two of us got the summer lobster special. The service was definitely not up to the standards of other Palm locations I have visited. For $275 meal for 4, I expected more professional service.
- mains are delicious4diningDined on 8/22/2014Main courses are excellent and servings generous for sure . Best crab cakes north of virginia..However for that price sides should be included .also $4.50 for a cup of coffee and no offer of a refill is unacceptable...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delivered what they promiselovegoodfoodDined on 8/20/2014We were seated promptly in an available booth. Unlike some restaurants, they did not run out of their special. The lobster was deliciously tender and they didn't skimp on the drawn butter and lemon. When our personal choice of the side did not meet our expectation (was good, but not what we thought it was going to be), there was no problem in asking for a different side that was brought promptly with no drama. The drinks were excellent and were not watery. The desserts were incredible, especially my companion's bag of donuts that was really a bag of warm wonderful donuts! I have never eaten at the Palm in Philadelphia and I will make sure to do so many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014I always eat at the palm if its in the city i'm staying in. The food is great, its always clean and the service is wonderful. I loved the donuts in the bag with the dipping sauce. If i come back to Philly i would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dininglobsterloverDined on 8/10/2014Truly a first class all round dining experience. Meals are wonderfully prepared, great presentation and wonderful service to enhance the dining experience. Always a pleasure. Excellent wine selection for pairings and often there are speacials to make the evening a great value. Being an 837 member only helps to enhance the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv 2 eatluv2eatDined on 8/7/2014Just a perfect night all around! The food, the ambience, the wait staff, the decor. Loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!SandRDined on 8/6/2014Huge martinis (the understand the meaning of "extra olives"); lobster for two is a wonderful summer treat; service impeccable every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a quality experiencesteakhousetouristsDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed the informal, relaxed atmosphere. Service was also friendly and relaxed. Our steaks were quite flavorful, although both of us judged our filets to be just a bit overcooked. Our dry gin martinis (ordered straight up) were icy cold, of notably generous size, and as good as we've had anywhere. We would definitely give this restaurant another visit.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerGCapVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had a plesant meal,the food and service were wonderful. It's situated in a great location a must when visiting Philadelphia .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionMikeVIPDined on 7/30/2014Great food always Perfect for lunch and dinner Great place to be seen and people watch at the barI would recommend this to a friend.
- party atmosphere at the Palmnickname2126Dined on 7/24/2014I went to the Palm with a group of seven people. We were at a wonderful round table. The service was terrific as was the food. We had the lobsters, soft shell crabs, crab cakes. fantastic sides served family style….. we saw beautiful rib eye and other beef dishes at other tables. This is a very consistent restaurant with no surprises. There a specials and there is enough variety to meet everyones needs -- great location and easy parking which the restaurant offers a discount for…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time still not a charmCardinalvVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have been a Palm (NY) regular for 55 years. The Philadelphia outpost should be deleted from their roster. third time there and the steak simply was terrible. Overcooked , dry...no parsley butter sauce, and if that was a 14oz steak then I am getting my glasses prescription checked. Where do they get them....the Acme? The food and esp wine list outrageously overpriced. Won't be back and I am an original 837 member....Back to NYC to the original!
- Good, but not greatLoveToEatOutDined on 7/22/2014We came for the steaks. Two of us ordered "medium" and one of us got medium rare while the other got medium well. However, the service was extremely good and the rest of the experience was fine.
- Air conditioningMaryannDined on 7/20/2014The restaurant was so hot no one could enjoy themselves or the meal. We couldn't wait to leave. The service and food were great but won't go back again for a long time.Special Features:
- My favorite placefritzDined on 7/19/2014Friendly service and top quality ingredients well prepared. No pretense, no attitude. A great place to have a good time. I love a bar that doesn't use those plastic pourers on the liquor bottles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDined on 7/19/2014Always reliable & good! Service is excellent, staff is very attentive, & food is delicious.Special Features:
- Exceptional!CraigVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food was great as always. Join the 837 club for monthly specials. Randy was a great guide for the evening. The Philly Palm is by far my favorite!Special Features: