Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Philadelphia
- Phone: 2155467256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00 pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Reynolds
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service & an atmosphere like nowhere else. What makes Palm Restaurant truly unique is our genuine old world hospitality & an atmosphere you just can’t find anywhere else. At Palm Restaurant… our dining rooms are a panorama of the classic cartoons & caricatures of Palm Restaurant regulars & local celebrities. Each room is filled with the hearty handshakes & warms smiles from our gregarious staff & familiar guests & always abuzz with a sea of conversation & laughter celebrating the best of everything. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Palm Restaurant - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)fit for foodies (48)notable wine list (41)good for groups (35)great for lunch (25)hot spot (21)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Basically good, overcooked steakProfessionaleaterVIPDined on 9/15/2014Service was pretty good, food was expensive as you would guess, and the atmosphere was steakhouse clubby no surprise there. I ordered a small portion Caesar, the bone in ribeye and a glass of 14 Hands Merlot. Standard Caesar and good wine, but surprisingly my medium rare steak came out medium. I dined on a Monday and it wasn't busy so the kitchen was definitely not slammed, so this was definitely surprising for a high end steakhouse. I was debating whether to send it back or not, but I kept it and told my server who offered to take it back. Next time that happens I will send it back, I paid too much money in a high end steakhouse for my steak to be overcooked beyond my requested medium rare.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palm never disappoints!!!!diningoutfanDined on 9/13/2014One of our all-time favorite restaurants. Beautiful atmosphere, staff attentive to the perfect degree - not hovering but always there when you need something. And the best food! Lobster bisque and softshell crab appetizers, steaks, vegetables, drinks, desserts - fantastic!! Can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster!!NiniDined on 9/10/2014The Lobster at the Palm is absolutely the best I have ever eaten!Special Features:
- 837 specialWildbillDined on 9/10/2014Joined 837 and get dining deals regularly. Went for the lobster special and boy was it great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was absolutely terrible!JMP18Dined on 9/9/2014The service was terrible and the wine featured on the menu could not be located and was unknown to both the waiter and hostess. We waited for a long time to order dinner and the service was terrible. We had to refill our own wine glasses also.
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Palms is a great restaurant but would only go back for a special occasion, it's very pricey the service was great but portions are very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better options out therePatokwDined on 9/6/2014Heard a lot about the palm so decided to give it a try. It was okay but for the price, I believe capital grille is a better option.Special Features:
- Perfect for after theater dinnerFredDined on 9/6/2014Stopped here after a Saturday matinee. The bone-in rib-eye I had was in my top 5 all time steaks. The caricatures on the walls were not what I expected and detracted slightly from the ambiance. Eric our server did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great summer close!Doc777Dined on 8/31/2014A great way to end summer with family over a 5lb lobster and superior service. A great getaway in Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual Palm standardsVeggiekVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was OK not great. Crab cakes were not lumpy but taste was fine. Two of us got the summer lobster special. The service was definitely not up to the standards of other Palm locations I have visited. For $275 meal for 4, I expected more professional service.
- mains are delicious4diningDined on 8/22/2014Main courses are excellent and servings generous for sure . Best crab cakes north of virginia..However for that price sides should be included .also $4.50 for a cup of coffee and no offer of a refill is unacceptable...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delivered what they promiselovegoodfoodDined on 8/20/2014We were seated promptly in an available booth. Unlike some restaurants, they did not run out of their special. The lobster was deliciously tender and they didn't skimp on the drawn butter and lemon. When our personal choice of the side did not meet our expectation (was good, but not what we thought it was going to be), there was no problem in asking for a different side that was brought promptly with no drama. The drinks were excellent and were not watery. The desserts were incredible, especially my companion's bag of donuts that was really a bag of warm wonderful donuts! I have never eaten at the Palm in Philadelphia and I will make sure to do so many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014I always eat at the palm if its in the city i'm staying in. The food is great, its always clean and the service is wonderful. I loved the donuts in the bag with the dipping sauce. If i come back to Philly i would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dininglobsterloverDined on 8/10/2014Truly a first class all round dining experience. Meals are wonderfully prepared, great presentation and wonderful service to enhance the dining experience. Always a pleasure. Excellent wine selection for pairings and often there are speacials to make the evening a great value. Being an 837 member only helps to enhance the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv 2 eatluv2eatDined on 8/7/2014Just a perfect night all around! The food, the ambience, the wait staff, the decor. Loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!SandRDined on 8/6/2014Huge martinis (the understand the meaning of "extra olives"); lobster for two is a wonderful summer treat; service impeccable every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a quality experiencesteakhousetouristsDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed the informal, relaxed atmosphere. Service was also friendly and relaxed. Our steaks were quite flavorful, although both of us judged our filets to be just a bit overcooked. Our dry gin martinis (ordered straight up) were icy cold, of notably generous size, and as good as we've had anywhere. We would definitely give this restaurant another visit.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerGCapDined on 8/2/2014Had a plesant meal,the food and service were wonderful. It's situated in a great location a must when visiting Philadelphia .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionMikeDined on 7/30/2014Great food always Perfect for lunch and dinner Great place to be seen and people watch at the barI would recommend this to a friend.
- party atmosphere at the Palmnickname2126Dined on 7/24/2014I went to the Palm with a group of seven people. We were at a wonderful round table. The service was terrific as was the food. We had the lobsters, soft shell crabs, crab cakes. fantastic sides served family style….. we saw beautiful rib eye and other beef dishes at other tables. This is a very consistent restaurant with no surprises. There a specials and there is enough variety to meet everyones needs -- great location and easy parking which the restaurant offers a discount for…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time still not a charmCardinalvVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have been a Palm (NY) regular for 55 years. The Philadelphia outpost should be deleted from their roster. third time there and the steak simply was terrible. Overcooked , dry...no parsley butter sauce, and if that was a 14oz steak then I am getting my glasses prescription checked. Where do they get them....the Acme? The food and esp wine list outrageously overpriced. Won't be back and I am an original 837 member....Back to NYC to the original!
- Good, but not greatLoveToEatOutDined on 7/22/2014We came for the steaks. Two of us ordered "medium" and one of us got medium rare while the other got medium well. However, the service was extremely good and the rest of the experience was fine.
- Air conditioningMaryannDined on 7/20/2014The restaurant was so hot no one could enjoy themselves or the meal. We couldn't wait to leave. The service and food were great but won't go back again for a long time.Special Features:
- My favorite placefritzDined on 7/19/2014Friendly service and top quality ingredients well prepared. No pretense, no attitude. A great place to have a good time. I love a bar that doesn't use those plastic pourers on the liquor bottles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDined on 7/19/2014Always reliable & good! Service is excellent, staff is very attentive, & food is delicious.Special Features:
- Exceptional!CraigVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food was great as always. Join the 837 club for monthly specials. Randy was a great guide for the evening. The Philly Palm is by far my favorite!Special Features:
- Great servicegrahamDined on 7/17/2014My experience was great love my crab cakes. My server was wonderful, went on my anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014I am a 837 club member. My wife and I occasionally dine at a Palm restaurant. We have dined in Philadelphia , Atlantic city . and Las Vegas. Their steaks are exceptionally good. I recommend it for the food, service, and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone in Filet #amazing!CraigVIPDined on 6/29/2014Couldn't have been a better meal. Started with their excellent, and plentiful, tuna tartare. Then on to the bone in filet, cooked a perfect medium. Excellent taste, very juicy, very much full of flavor. Brussell sprouts turned into a novel dessert. Norman was a great guide for the evening, including a very nice Cabernet recommendation.Special Features:
- EmbarrassingEmbarrassedVIPDined on 6/28/2014We had family with me that had never been to a Palm. I ordered 3 bottles of wine, the server never offered to fill any of the glasses for the rest of the meal. Calamari was served with no share plates, so of course everyone used their bread plate. After the appetizer was finished, the waiter cleared our bread plates but never came back with new, so we all ate bread off the table. I ordered 2 lg wedge salads to be split 4 ways each so we all could have some- there was 7 of us. Instead he brought the 2 salads, just split for 2, so we had to do it ourselves. Next came the entree- a dbl cut NY, already sliced instead if at the table & 2 5 lb lobsters piled on 1 lg platter instead of wow, it looked like someone had thrown up on the plate.Special Features:
- alexDined on 6/28/2014would definitely go back again and again! Good food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014I came to the restaurant last night to celebrate my boyfriend's 30th birthday. We had a great dinner and the server was wonderful. I was disappointed that when we ordered desert that there wasn't anything done for his birthday. When I made the reservation last week I made comments that it was his birthday and asked that they put a candle in our desert or if they could do something for his birthday. Nothing big, just to make it special. I then called on Wed, 6/25 the day before our dinner to make sure your restaurant received the note and the women I spoke to said she will even hand write it for us. I was really upset when they brought the desert and did
- My new favorite!good2eatVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is my new favorite steakhouse in Philly! The atmosphere was very energetic and more importantly the food was DELICIOUS!! I had one of the specials for the summer, which was the 9 oz filet and lobster. Very accommodating to food allergies and guess what? They actually had mashed potatoes WITHOUT garlic! That was a nice surprised and they were divine with the goat cheese. Our waiter was great too and very personable.Special Features:
- Poor serviceSparkieVIPDined on 6/21/2014Waiter was in attentive. Spent time chatting with next table and ignored us when our entree came.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLuv2eatgoodfoodDined on 6/21/2014This was a great find for a dinner after a play down the block at the Kimmel Center. Good food with great service. Steaks were cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where is the crabmeat coming from?xoxoVIPDined on 6/20/2014i almost NEVER order crabcakes ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THE PALM/getting them @ palm PHILLY is a treat! that is until my last experience a few weeks ago.the crabcakes were loose, not tasting like the finest LOCAL (Louisiana or Maryland or wherever)crab! it may have been imported however i did not want to ask questions or complain to the server bc our friends were treating us to dinner &would not embarrass them.went home, emailed the palm headquarters & asked a simple question: where is philly palm getting their crabmeat! reply was that someone from the restaurant would contact me. THAT NEVER HAPPENED so i emailed again. got no reply so i emailed once more & still no reply! 5-6 times a yr at the palm (pre theatre) may now be down to 1 or none!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014I am a long term fan of The Palm - excellent restaurantSpecial Features:
- SticksDined on 6/19/2014Our server Randy was great. We loved him and will request him when we come back. Great dining experience for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Everything and everyone at The Palm in PHL. was GREAT.....It was my Lovely wife birthday and we haven't celebrated anything for quite some time do to the economy,but she deserves the BEST,inspight of things that we have no control of or whats going on in this crazy world...For one special day,I was able to put that familiar smile on her face that i remember 30yrs ago with The Palm's help!.........See you guys soon...Thank You......J.Roberts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/12/2014our lobster was supposed to 4lb. but I think they did not weigh it right. Very disappointing'Special Features: