Palm Restaurant - Orlando
5800 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Orlando
- Phone: 4075037256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Larry Sinibaldi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Orlando
Orlando Palm Restaurant is located in the cities hottest hotel, The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Studios and has truly become the place to "see and be seen." for over 80 years, Palm Restaurant has been famous for USDA prime aged steaks, Jumbo Nova Scotia Lobster, Italian entrees, fresh premium seafood, generous portions, outstanding service, and an atmosphere like nowhere else. You Belong at Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House. It's your favorite table, your favorite drink and the best of everything. Experience the ongoing celebration of timeless tradition, lively spirits and legendary taste. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Palm Restaurant - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)fit for foodies (59)notable wine list (42)good for groups (39)romantic (37)kid-friendly (22)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (9)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Steaks, Worth the Drive!GinnycDined on 8/24/2014Seated promptly by friendly host. Our waiter Alex was attentive and knowledgeable. We ordered the 4 lb lobster for 2, which was removed from the shell table side. The lobster bisque was well presented and had just a hint of "heat". We couldn't resist ordering the filet with porcine mushrooms & crab meat. The steak was cooked to perfection. The dessert menu was tempting but too much food. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Who can resist a Lobster upgrade?KimAndGreggVIPDined on 8/20/2014We went on this night because they had an offer to order any lobster and upgrade to the next size up for free. We opted to split the 5lb'r which was upgraded to the 6lb'r. We started with the lamb lollipops, Scallops-n-Bacon appy and a small salad. It was really busy but the food flow was great.Special Features:
- Lobster FraudTheGolferDined on 8/20/2014The worst meal that we have ever had at the Palm. They promised a 5 lbs lobster but delivered a 2-3 pounder with a huge Claw that was from a different lobster. My claw was not even fully cooked. It was like they were cleaning out their freezer of old frozen claws. The booth we were sitting in was dirty and after he took our order, our waiter totally ignored us to wait on other tables. This was a $250 dinner disaster.
- Last year I visited here.MasaDined on 8/19/2014It was very nice so I visited again with my friends from Japan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEASH2Dined on 8/15/2014been to the palm in a c and this one is just as good
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014My husband and I had the 4lb lobster for 2. It was so delicious that we went back the next night. It wasn't as good the second night but still delicious. It was a little under cooked on night 2. The part that was cooked was cooked perfectly and as for the under cooked part I was too full to even eat it. This was the 3rd time I had dined here and it was delious all 3 X. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at The PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Had a great time. Good food and great service by Alfredo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in everything!TariDined on 8/10/2014The service, food, and atmosphere excel in all aspects. Everything was perfect! The pacing of the meal was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at the PalmHoserman2Dined on 8/9/2014this was our second visit to the Orlando Palm Restaurant and we find it very nice with great food. The servers seem rushed and do not spend much "rapport building' time with you on much of anything as they are busy. We like it and will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRaymanDined on 8/9/2014The Steak was fantastic and the 4 pound lobster (yes four pound) was out of this would!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerfriendswholunchVIPDined on 8/2/2014We try to celebrate all special occasions here. We mentioned in the reservation that we would be celebrating a special occasion and when we were seated there was a card from the staff. Very nice touch. The food is always amazing and the service great.Special Features:
- Great meal at The PalmKimAndGreggVIPDined on 7/31/2014Is it sad that we are already planning our next meal at the Palm? Yes it is that Good. Our waiter was Michael always does a great job. You have to ask him to pull out THE pepper grinder. The managers were constantly walking the room checking on everyone. On this night my wife and her bff had the black grouper special which they loved. BFFs manpanion had the large filet and polished it off in short order. I had the veal milanese which is Tremendous with a LARGE side of their marinara. Wow! On our next visit we are going to share their double cut NY strip. They serve it an cut it table side.Special Features:
- Mediocre food for a high priceNJGirlDined on 7/28/2014We live near Philadelphia. We had not been to the Palm in a few years so we thought we would give it a try. We are accustomed to fine dining and my husband enjoys a good steak since I don't cook it for him at home. The Palm in Orlando is the same as the other Palms. I paid $35 for chicken parm, served without a side. It was just ok. The clams casino and ahi tuna were good though. My husband had filet and said it was tough and one of the worst steaks he had ever had. He said the Outback has better steak and for a fraction of the price (@ $45). The Kitchen in the Hardrock is a better choice, or go to Bicci or Citywalk. With so many other options available, save your money and get a good meal.
- Date night dinnerOTownfoodieDined on 7/26/2014A wonderful meal to share with your significant other for any occasion. The service is always excellent as well as the food. My wife and I will go back to a restaurant with good food and great service before we will go to a restaurant with excellent food and marginal service. At the Palm it's never a choice, both are always excellentSpecial Features:
- ANother great dinnerrhodaVIPDined on 7/19/2014Just love the Palm here in Orlando! A class act. Tonight I decided I wanted to try a veal dish instead of a steak. WOW my veal milanase was delish. Our waiter suggested they top it with arugola salad and that was what made the dish so good. The best service in town.Special Features:
- Lobster Lobster LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014All four of us went for the Lobster special. And as ALWAYS .... it was an exceptional experience ! We go there at least twice when the Lobster special is on the menu. The Palm has some of the best service in all of Orlando. Looking forward to going back in a few weeks !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love PalmKimAndGreggVIPDined on 7/15/2014We had a Great dinner at Palm. The service was Great. Tracey at the bar is Amazing. The food was Great. The cute manager with the dark curly hair (that part was from my wife) stopped by to check on us a few times. We saw him stop at other tables as well. My wife and I are looking forward to our next visit to the Palm and sampling other offerings from the wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014WE thought we were going to celebrate my birthday in a fine dining steak house. Instead, we ended up in an extremely loud restaurant with terrible acoustics and lots of children. What a disappointment!!! How can you compare this noisy restaurant to Del Friscos or Ruths Chris?!!! The food was fair at best! When we ordered cocktails they were served in small water glasses! We will never return nor recommend this restaurant!!
- Orlando PalmCat8Dined on 7/12/2014Now that the Tampa Palm is no more, one has to travel all the way to Orlando to eat there. The Palm in the Hard Rock Hotel does not disappoint. Food, service and attention to detail were evident. The Manager and wait staff were attentive without being overbearing. Nothing was overlooked and everyone left the table with a smile after enjoying a culinary feast.Special Features:
- Delicious and attentive mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Anthony our server was very attentive and patient as we were indecisive about what we wanted to order. Make sure to read the fine print when deciding to join their club. We did not and joined. Not sure if we would have joined so quickly if we had read the fine print. Over all a wonderful delicious meal. Cesar dressing made fresh at restaurant and you can tell after just one bite. Family style sides are nice and fresh. Chicken parm comes with a side of pasta however it is not noted on the menu.Special Features:
- Outstanding Evening/DinnerBaldBrotherDined on 7/11/2014I've been to the Palm Restaurant in various locations including New York, Orlando, Bal Harbour and the previous Coral Gables location. While the experience has always been great, on this last occassion, our dinner, the food and the service, were truly outstanding. I highly recommend the Palm especially if you are staying on the grounds at Universal and want to go to higher end restaurant without leaving the property.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our experience at your Orlando location on Thursday July 10, 2014. We had a small child with us, 8 months old, who was not having the best day and I had just picked up the baby to walk him around for a while outside the restaurant when my food arrived. I asked them if they could keep it warm for me and they took the plate away. By the time I got back to the table about 15 mins later my food was brought back out, but I was given a new meal instead of my original meal. This was greatly appreciated and we will be back to The Palm in the future for sure. Thank you for both your generosity and your superior service.Special Features:
- Universal palmLovesteakDined on 7/8/2014Food great as usual for the Palm restaurants, great for families, relaxed atmosphere, probably need to book.Special Features:
- Best Steak Ever!!!Foody4flavorDined on 7/5/2014Although very pricey, the food was excellent!! Best flavored steak I've ever eaten. Puts Ruth's Chris to shame. Cooked to perfection and the potatoes au gratin were to die for! Service was excellent, too, as it should be for the price. Definitely a special place for a special occasion. My new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palm is a great experience.AnglaisDined on 6/24/2014We always enjoy the Palm. Great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Was not worth the $. Tbone was very undercooked. Was there two hours for just 2 of us.Special Features:
- Great meal and more than a steaksCharlieDined on 6/15/2014We ate at the Orlando Palm Sunday night for Father's Day with my family and had a great meal. We had the special T-bone steak along with the Chicken Parmagino and linguini with clams. My daughter had an appetizer as her mane meal the Shrimp Bruno which was really excellent. My steak was perfect with a magnificent flavor it came with great side of potatoes and some mushrooms on the plate. The Chicken Parm is really one of the best things on the menu. If you like Chicken Parm order it, you won't be disappointed. The linguini with clams was good but it was hard to match my steak or my son's Chicken Parm. The restaurant was packed because of Father's Day but they still go the food out timely with no extra waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsSenoraistaDined on 6/15/2014We went for the 4 pound lobsters for two. Sweet and tender. Great dinner, great service. Can be quite pricey. Don't order bottled water since that was nine dollars each. Total rip-0ff. Carrot cake okay we have had better. Other than that Anthony was a great waiter.Special Features:
- Amazing valuedaisyoneDined on 6/15/2014I had the $59 special--salad, 9 oz filet topped with lobster and hollandaise sauce with asparagus and 1 side. The food was very good and it was a great value. Alfredo was our server--he knew the wine and the menu and made recommendations and had the perfect mix for attentive service yet he knew when to let us just enjoy the food and the company. We hadn't been to a Palm for awhile and decided to give the Orlando location a try. We were very glad we did and we will back. When you make a reservation, ask for Alfredo he was great!
- Wonderful Father's Day meal.JLTolandDined on 6/15/2014Service was superb and the food was outstanding. We enjoyed every aspect of the meal from the wine to the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentNorthPalmFoodieDined on 6/14/2014I have been to several Palm restaurants in the US. This one did not disappoint. Consistently a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfitfordiningDined on 6/14/2014We were willing to pay a high prices for food at the Hard Rock. However, it was way overpriced for what we got. My filet mignon ($49 for 8 oz) was overcooked....and that is ALL I got for that price. It would have been $99 for the lobster meal (another table was offered a smaller lobster at a lower price...I overheard a different waiter offering that) Food was ordinary. Service appeared that it would be excellent at first, but the servers disappeared during the meal. They also seemed more interested in their other tables. It was very noisy and difficult to have table conversation.
- Awesome experienceRjdavisDined on 6/12/2014My family and guests truly enjoyed our experience at the Palm in Orlando, the food, service and ambience all worked to make our dining we will be going back our next time in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobsterific!CookieDined on 6/10/2014Big and beautiful and delicious lobsters served with perfectly done half and half ( fried onions and chip potatoes) made our meal an outstanding one. Topped it off with an amazing chocolate cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a favorite of mineChrisDined on 6/7/2014This is still a favorite. This is the place to go to impress a guest, business associate.Special Features:
- Classic diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014Never disappointed with a meal at the Palm. The food is highest quality prresented with attention to detail. Service is impeccable!Special Features:
- Great as usualTravelBADined on 6/6/2014I'm not crazy about steakhouses but you can always count on a great dinner and fantastic service at the Palm. Too bad they closed in PR. We miss you.Special Features:
- Fantastic atmosphere, good foodJcp001Dined on 6/3/2014We really enjoyed our meal at The Palms. We started with the bacon wrapped scallops. Very good. For our entree we share a 14 oz New York Strip steak with 3 cheese potatoe augratine. For desert donuts in a bag. Very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service Great Foodsflbeachdude64Dined on 5/31/2014Our experience at The Palm was fabulous. Tyler was our waiter & he was a true professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where fine dinning is a PleasuremarcusntaylorDined on 5/31/2014For any special occasion, holiday or just a night out we always choose The Palm Orlando. We are always treated to a wonderful evening of dinning. The entire staff are true professionals and the dinning experience is always first class. Thank you Palm Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.