Palm Restaurant - Orlando
5800 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Orlando
- Phone: 4075037256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Larry Sinibaldi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Orlando
Orlando Palm Restaurant is located in the cities hottest hotel, The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Studios and has truly become the place to "see and be seen." for over 80 years, Palm Restaurant has been famous for USDA prime aged steaks, Jumbo Nova Scotia Lobster, Italian entrees, fresh premium seafood, generous portions, outstanding service, and an atmosphere like nowhere else. You Belong at Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House. It's your favorite table, your favorite drink and the best of everything. Experience the ongoing celebration of timeless tradition, lively spirits and legendary taste. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Palm Restaurant - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)fit for foodies (71)notable wine list (46)good for groups (40)romantic (39)kid-friendly (23)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (10)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- my entree was prepared poorlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Lobsters(3,3lb) great, Salmon great, veal chop outstanding, but the shrimp dish, awful(over cooked and dry). Spending over $600.00 (including tip(not worth it) Sorry, I've eaten at the The Palm for more than 45 years, in N.Y. and later in Tampa. Bruce, it doesn't make me happy to write this.This doesn't mean I won't be back, just that I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chopped championScoutDined on 9/17/2014My wife, daughter and I love dining at The Palm. At a vacation in Florida already had dined at Emerils and Wolf Gang Puck in Downtown Disney. But still hadn't found that one restaurant then my wife noticed The Palm was in the Hard Rock and had to make a reservation. Our only gripe with this visit was we felt our waiter may have had one too many tables or forgot he was waiting on us. Most of the time it was three other waiters who helped us. But aside from not bagging our large carrot cake, empty glass, or not coming back to check on us. I ordered a 16oz ribeye medium well and received a med. rare. No biggie, but trying do go away from the rare steak. He never asked how steak was or asked for me to cut into steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Was a little pricey but the food and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyablePeterVIPDined on 9/10/2014Have been a fan of the Palm for years and they continue to provide a wonderful dining experience from the moment your walk in till you leave. I always enjoy the food and feel special they way the staff treats their customers. Our visit on Wed Sept 10 was great!Special Features:
- LobsterUnhappyVIPDined on 9/10/2014This night our lobster seemed a little dry, so it was a little disappointing, unusual for a Palm Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good drinks, not good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014The bar served some interesting cocktails that were very tasty, including a spicy margarita. Food selections looked good on paper, but did not measure up to many of the steakhouses I've been to in the Boston area. This was probably in the top five most expensive meals the two of us have ever had, but nowhere near that remarkable. For example, the surf and turf included a decent steak and a huge but overcooked lobster tail. Our waitress was excellent, but her help was not as engaging. I would return here for the bar, not for dinner. As alternatives, for steak, there's a Fleming's nearby. Or Le Cellier at Epcot has a terrific filet. For Universal hotel options, Tchoup Chop at Royal Pacific was our favorite for food, ambiance and value.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningFLPalmDined on 9/6/2014Lauren, made it an outstanding event for our party of six. Food was great and her service was top notch. It was my nephew's birthday dinner (special occasion). Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I always enjoy it here, if it's for work or personal the treatment received is always top-notch! Wait staff in the bar are great to get your first drink and prep for dinner. Michael the mgr is the best at what he does. Always interested in how the dinner is going and how he can help out. The dinners are always first rate with the finest meats and veggies. The fish is great but I always get the steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Start with a cocktail at the BarKimAndGreggVIPDined on 9/3/2014Tracey is amazing. she can make anything. the bar bites a very tasty but we had to have a full dinner too. Try the Veal millanese with a side of the marinara sauce.Special Features:
- 4th time not a charmdaisyoneDined on 8/31/2014we had avoided the Palm because it was located in a tourist area. First 3 visits were great! This last time, our steaks didn't come out as ordered. I accepted mine because I ordered it well and sometimes it gets dried out. But my partner's steak had to be sent back 2 times before they got it right. management stepped up and took care of it but you don't expect this to happen at the Palm. A steakhouse should know how to cook a steak! The coffee and tea arrived after we had finished dessert--Wasn't a good day for this restaurant. Alex was our server and we enjoyed having him but he seemed to have tables all over the restaurant. Perhaps they weren't prepared for a crowded restaurant on Labor Day.
- OutstandingChasingPerfectionDined on 8/31/2014The Palm is always at it best. The Crab legs and Laobster were perfect. The Steak was divine.Special Features:
- Delicious As Always!!!Tampa813Dined on 8/30/2014I love The Palm. The food is always amazing and the staff is extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not what was expecteddissatisfieddinerDined on 8/30/2014I was expecting the food to be much better. The 14 oz new York strip I ordered contained at least 5 to 6 oz of fat that should have been trimmed. My fiancés filet was not the tender filet she expected either. Both steaks were not tender and tasty as a $50 entre should be. The vegetables were not tender either....asparagus was hard and fibrous and the Brussels sprouts were hard as rocks and not seasoned well. Also the potatoes were mostly smothered in cheese and not good. The only reason for going to this restaurant is because it is located in the hotel and is difficult travelling outside and inconvenient to go elsewhere. I would recommend the restaurant either upgrade its food or one should take extra time to go outside the hotel forSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014nice restaurant to celebrate special occasion. A bit on the pricy side for amount of food served.Special Features:
- Don't goMickDined on 8/28/2014Loud drunks in shorts, screaming children, over expensive. Zero atmosphere. Top notch food for take out; do not try to dine in - you cannot carry on a conversation. Not recommended, ruined a much anticipated anniversary celebration dinner, not worth the trip or the money.
- Lobsterfest for sure!LauraVIPDined on 8/27/2014Love your 4lb. lobster special each year! it is amazing! The lobster delicious and the service devine! Keeps us coming back!Special Features:
- cew27Dined on 8/27/2014Great food high price high noise level really liked steak couldn't get any better but high price and noise would keep me from going backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks, Worth the Drive!GinnycDined on 8/24/2014Seated promptly by friendly host. Our waiter Alex was attentive and knowledgeable. We ordered the 4 lb lobster for 2, which was removed from the shell table side. The lobster bisque was well presented and had just a hint of "heat". We couldn't resist ordering the filet with porcine mushrooms & crab meat. The steak was cooked to perfection. The dessert menu was tempting but too much food. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- asdfVIPDined on 8/20/2014Everything was great. We had the 5 lb lobster special. It was a real treat.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014When we arrived, we were promptly seated and the waiter was at our side asking us what we'd like to drink. While the wait staff was attentive, we did not feel rushed. Our food was well prepared and excellent. We would definitely recommend The Palm.Special Features:
- Who can resist a Lobster upgrade?KimAndGreggVIPDined on 8/20/2014We went on this night because they had an offer to order any lobster and upgrade to the next size up for free. We opted to split the 5lb'r which was upgraded to the 6lb'r. We started with the lamb lollipops, Scallops-n-Bacon appy and a small salad. It was really busy but the food flow was great.Special Features:
- Lobster FraudTheGolferDined on 8/20/2014The worst meal that we have ever had at the Palm. They promised a 5 lbs lobster but delivered a 2-3 pounder with a huge Claw that was from a different lobster. My claw was not even fully cooked. It was like they were cleaning out their freezer of old frozen claws. The booth we were sitting in was dirty and after he took our order, our waiter totally ignored us to wait on other tables. This was a $250 dinner disaster.
- Last year I visited here.MasaDined on 8/19/2014It was very nice so I visited again with my friends from Japan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEASH2Dined on 8/15/2014been to the palm in a c and this one is just as good
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014My husband and I had the 4lb lobster for 2. It was so delicious that we went back the next night. It wasn't as good the second night but still delicious. It was a little under cooked on night 2. The part that was cooked was cooked perfectly and as for the under cooked part I was too full to even eat it. This was the 3rd time I had dined here and it was delious all 3 X. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at The PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Had a great time. Good food and great service by Alfredo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in everything!TariDined on 8/10/2014The service, food, and atmosphere excel in all aspects. Everything was perfect! The pacing of the meal was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at the PalmHoserman2Dined on 8/9/2014this was our second visit to the Orlando Palm Restaurant and we find it very nice with great food. The servers seem rushed and do not spend much "rapport building' time with you on much of anything as they are busy. We like it and will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRaymanDined on 8/9/2014The Steak was fantastic and the 4 pound lobster (yes four pound) was out of this would!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerfriendswholunchVIPDined on 8/2/2014We try to celebrate all special occasions here. We mentioned in the reservation that we would be celebrating a special occasion and when we were seated there was a card from the staff. Very nice touch. The food is always amazing and the service great.Special Features:
- Great meal at The PalmKimAndGreggVIPDined on 7/31/2014Is it sad that we are already planning our next meal at the Palm? Yes it is that Good. Our waiter was Michael always does a great job. You have to ask him to pull out THE pepper grinder. The managers were constantly walking the room checking on everyone. On this night my wife and her bff had the black grouper special which they loved. BFFs manpanion had the large filet and polished it off in short order. I had the veal milanese which is Tremendous with a LARGE side of their marinara. Wow! On our next visit we are going to share their double cut NY strip. They serve it an cut it table side.Special Features:
- Mediocre food for a high priceNJGirlDined on 7/28/2014We live near Philadelphia. We had not been to the Palm in a few years so we thought we would give it a try. We are accustomed to fine dining and my husband enjoys a good steak since I don't cook it for him at home. The Palm in Orlando is the same as the other Palms. I paid $35 for chicken parm, served without a side. It was just ok. The clams casino and ahi tuna were good though. My husband had filet and said it was tough and one of the worst steaks he had ever had. He said the Outback has better steak and for a fraction of the price (@ $45). The Kitchen in the Hardrock is a better choice, or go to Bicci or Citywalk. With so many other options available, save your money and get a good meal.
- Date night dinnerOTownfoodieDined on 7/26/2014A wonderful meal to share with your significant other for any occasion. The service is always excellent as well as the food. My wife and I will go back to a restaurant with good food and great service before we will go to a restaurant with excellent food and marginal service. At the Palm it's never a choice, both are always excellentSpecial Features:
- ANother great dinnerrhodaVIPDined on 7/19/2014Just love the Palm here in Orlando! A class act. Tonight I decided I wanted to try a veal dish instead of a steak. WOW my veal milanase was delish. Our waiter suggested they top it with arugola salad and that was what made the dish so good. The best service in town.Special Features:
- Lobster Lobster LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014All four of us went for the Lobster special. And as ALWAYS .... it was an exceptional experience ! We go there at least twice when the Lobster special is on the menu. The Palm has some of the best service in all of Orlando. Looking forward to going back in a few weeks !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love PalmKimAndGreggVIPDined on 7/15/2014We had a Great dinner at Palm. The service was Great. Tracey at the bar is Amazing. The food was Great. The cute manager with the dark curly hair (that part was from my wife) stopped by to check on us a few times. We saw him stop at other tables as well. My wife and I are looking forward to our next visit to the Palm and sampling other offerings from the wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014WE thought we were going to celebrate my birthday in a fine dining steak house. Instead, we ended up in an extremely loud restaurant with terrible acoustics and lots of children. What a disappointment!!! How can you compare this noisy restaurant to Del Friscos or Ruths Chris?!!! The food was fair at best! When we ordered cocktails they were served in small water glasses! We will never return nor recommend this restaurant!!
- Orlando PalmCat8Dined on 7/12/2014Now that the Tampa Palm is no more, one has to travel all the way to Orlando to eat there. The Palm in the Hard Rock Hotel does not disappoint. Food, service and attention to detail were evident. The Manager and wait staff were attentive without being overbearing. Nothing was overlooked and everyone left the table with a smile after enjoying a culinary feast.Special Features:
- Delicious and attentive mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Anthony our server was very attentive and patient as we were indecisive about what we wanted to order. Make sure to read the fine print when deciding to join their club. We did not and joined. Not sure if we would have joined so quickly if we had read the fine print. Over all a wonderful delicious meal. Cesar dressing made fresh at restaurant and you can tell after just one bite. Family style sides are nice and fresh. Chicken parm comes with a side of pasta however it is not noted on the menu.Special Features:
- Outstanding Evening/DinnerBaldBrotherDined on 7/11/2014I've been to the Palm Restaurant in various locations including New York, Orlando, Bal Harbour and the previous Coral Gables location. While the experience has always been great, on this last occassion, our dinner, the food and the service, were truly outstanding. I highly recommend the Palm especially if you are staying on the grounds at Universal and want to go to higher end restaurant without leaving the property.Special Features: