Palm Restaurant - Orlando
5800 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Orlando
- Phone: (407) 503-7256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Larry Sinibaldi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Orlando
Orlando Palm Restaurant is located in the cities hottest hotel, The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Studios and has truly become the place to "see and be seen." for over 80 years, Palm Restaurant has been famous for USDA prime aged steaks, Jumbo Nova Scotia Lobster, Italian entrees, fresh premium seafood, generous portions, outstanding service, and an atmosphere like nowhere else. You Belong at Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House. It's your favorite table, your favorite drink and the best of everything. Experience the ongoing celebration of timeless tradition, lively spirits and legendary taste. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Palm Restaurant - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (47)romantic (43)hot spot (19)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Consistently goodAnonymousDined on 11/22/2014We have dined at the Tampa Palm for years but since they closed it, we tried the one in Orlando and we're pleased to find the same high quality food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeanDined on 11/19/2014We had a great dining experience. This was the third time dining at the Palm. My experiences were with Woodlawn, my workplace, had two dinner engagements. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Palm - UniversalPlasticguy2014Dined on 11/19/2014One of my five best business dinners ever.... great food, drinks, and service. Never felt rushed despite needing extra time to converse and relax prior to ordering. Reservations were easy using Open Table and the restuarant ambiance was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner at the Palmdeb57Dined on 11/19/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating our birthday at the Palm. Our waiter Michael had some great suggestions for drinks, appetizers, main course specials and sides. I had the 3 lb. lobster and Robert had the special Porterhouse and we shared a side of the goat cheese mashed potatoes. For an appetizer we shared the tomatoes with fresh mozzerella cheese and seasonings. They have a very good selection for appetizers, main dishes, sides and desserts as well as an extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendswholunchVIPDined on 11/19/2014This is one of my favorite spots. We always get a booth and we have a favorite server who always take great care of us. It is worth every penny you pay for the great food. The lobster is great and they even crack the claws.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveribeyeDined on 11/18/2014Our waiter Carlos Valle was excellent! Very friendly and provided us with great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VIPmemberVIPDined on 11/15/2014This Palm is the best . When you walk through the door and smell steak cooking, your really glad you walked in. The food is always delicious and prepared as requested and service is super-attentive and professional. We had a reservation for our family. There are 14 of us. General Manager Michael Martin calls me the afternoon of our reservation and offers a private room. He always manages to exceed your expectations. Many thanks to you Michael and your impeccable staff for my husbands suprise Birthday Party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks - below average serviceCarlosDined on 11/12/2014Usually a hit with us but this night the service was below average. Steaks were great but the onions in the half/half were tough. Service was below average. When dropping $100 per person I expect better service. We were not made to feel welcome. Server was just doing his job no more. We wont be back.
- Better than the rest, but just ok..NYCMaineManDined on 11/9/2014I've long enjoyed the Palm Restaurant in NYC and found my first few moments at this restaurant consistent with that experience. Friendly and personable wait staff and the decor is consistent with the NYC restaurant. The overall quality of the food was average and appeared to lack the care to detail you'd experience in the original restaurants sharing this name. The dinners were expensive and there is no lack of effort to upsell your meal. My wife received a raised eyebrow for not ordering a $14 glass of wine (a bottle that often buy for $12 at the supermarket). Overall, the Universal Stuidios crowd will have a better meal here than the 20 different bar and grilles at City Walk, but you'll pay a higher price than necessary.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We had such a great time. The atmosphere was so much fun! The service was excellent and the food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Visit on November 5, 2014SpecialnightoutDined on 11/5/2014We had not been to Palm since 2004 and found it to be much the same in terms of atmosphere. The food and service were excellent. Our server was attentive and tended to our needs throughout the evening. An example is that my wife and I decided to split our meals between prime rib and Chilean sea bass. Our server remembered, based on our conversation when we ordered, that my wife and I prefer our steak cooked differently and without us specifically requesting it, she had our portions cooked separately to our likes. We had a very favorable experience and would come back again in order to celebrate our special occasions. A minor drawback is that the noise level was quite high......Special Features:
- Favorite steakhouse!JakeDined on 10/27/2014We love the Palm- always the best and gives us "shades of New York", which is a very good thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricemtn32714Dined on 10/26/2014We came here for my father's birthday and we found it to be very mediocre for a steakhouse in Orlando. It was not worth it for the price. There are better options. We would have much rather gone to Charley's or Christner's which, in our opinion, offers a better experience and food. My parents shared the Surf and Turf. Their steak was dry and a bit too overdone. The mushroom and onion soup was fine. The Gigi salad was not worth the price. The Ahi tuna steak tasted fine but nothing special. The only thing we all loved was the Silver Oak Cabernet and the Whipped goat cheese mash potatoes. We spent over $500 (but had gift cards), and wouldn't say it lived up to the occasion. Our server wasn't bad but wasn't great for tipping him $100
- Palm OrlandoJerryHVIPDined on 10/25/2014The Palm Orlando is spectacular! Excellent food, service and festive Palm environment. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- The Palm...Always great!jebbyDined on 10/25/2014Alfredo was our attendant and was fun and attentive. He made some very good recommendations for the food and wine selection based on our meal. I had the scallops special with a green fried tomato and a chipotle sauce that made my tongue dance a little. My wife had the lobster bisque to start and the wedge salad as her meal. All was incredibly delicious and we left yet another Palm Restaurant quite pleased (as expected). My wife and I have eaten at other Palm locations including the original location in Manhattan, Atlantic City and Tysons Corner, Washington DC. Orlando holds up well to the other locations we have dined at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerCucaDined on 10/24/2014Perfect Main lobster and the best chocolate cake !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014Really good on all service!! Food!! Drinks!!!!! Recommend 100%Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/21/2014Always a great meal. Expect a loud evening as there are usually big business groups there on conventions.Special Features:
- wonderful treatmentdeb57Dined on 10/20/2014We were celebrating a birthday and had wonderful service with our waiter Alfredo. He had good recommendations and we had a truly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm - orlandosteakplaceDined on 10/18/2014The food was amazing, the noise level in the open dinning area was very loud. I would recommend the booth area if you want has a more quiet experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellant fine diningaveragejoeDined on 10/15/2014Made reservations for a wednesday nite to celebrate my daughters birthday.we were treated like royalty from the time we arrived until we left.our meals were excellant and they even suprized my daughter with one of the wait staff singing happy birthday to her.a great experience was had by all.highly reccomend the palmSpecial Features:
- From start to finish- amazing!!Luv2EATDined on 10/14/2014We ate here for our last night staying at Hard Rock hotel because it's in the hotel and its reputation. Wow!!! From our waiter Alfredo (who is off the charts great!) to our food, this place is crazy good! We ate a shrimp cocktail and lobster bisque to start- HUGE shrimp, great bisque. Steaks came next- we both had filet cooked to perfection and a flourless chocolate cake to finish. Wow wow wow! It is pricey but worth every penny!Special Features:
- EspyDined on 10/10/2014ExceLlent service from all levels of the staff. Very attentive and informative. As usual, food was excellent and our lead server offered the appropriate guidance on several superb sides and entrees. Only regret was that the restaurant did not serve red onions and my specially made salad of tomatoes with anchovies had to include regular whites.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysRobertDined on 10/10/2014Great place like always. I had bone in Ribeye medium rare, it was perfect. Wife had salmon which was first time we tried fish at Palm, it also was perfect. I can never say enough good things about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicenm0227Dined on 10/9/2014Timely, friendly and quite personal-all staff concerned that the food was good and cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014We've been to The Palm in Orlando several times. We've eaten dinner in the dinning room and had appetizers and drinks at the bar. Everytime we do it is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!!!MarianneDined on 10/4/2014I love The Palm and the location in Orlando did not disappoint. The steak was absolutely cooked to perfection. The wine was amazing and our waiter was great. Highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Our FavoriteSunbugVIPDined on 10/4/2014This has been our go-to steakhouse for several years now. So, it's no surprise this is where I chose to celebrate my birthday. The special attention, including a birthday card was a nice treat on top of the excellent service, mouthwatering steaks, and genuinely caring staff made the evening another night to remember.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry we never ate here before!lisaandedDined on 10/3/2014We always dine at Capital Grilles, all over the country, however, this was our first time at a Palm Restaurant, although we have them here in New York City. All I can say is the food, service, etc. was over the top! I wish I could remember the name of our server, but I cannot. However, she was fabulous. We cannot wait to try one in Manhattan - and that will be very soon.Special Features:
- I just didin't want to argueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014I was entertaining a group and my steak was overcooked and I quietly tried to point it out to the mannger and he said cut it in the middle and I did and it was overcooked and he left. Rather than making a scene and upsetting the group I just didn't eat it.Special Features:
- dthrift1005VIPDined on 9/22/2014We cannot tell you how disappointed we were with our dinner. My husband is a 837 Club Member and eats at the Palm for business. My risotto was burned, my steak medium was well done and my husbands was able to eat only 6-7 bites of his veal chop. All this for only $244.00
- my entree was prepared poorlydoctorDined on 9/18/2014Lobsters(3,3lb) great, Salmon great, veal chop outstanding, but the shrimp dish, awful(over cooked and dry). Spending over $600.00 (including tip(not worth it) Sorry, I've eaten at the The Palm for more than 45 years, in N.Y. and later in Tampa. Bruce, it doesn't make me happy to write this.This doesn't mean I won't be back, just that I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chopped championScoutDined on 9/17/2014My wife, daughter and I love dining at The Palm. At a vacation in Florida already had dined at Emerils and Wolf Gang Puck in Downtown Disney. But still hadn't found that one restaurant then my wife noticed The Palm was in the Hard Rock and had to make a reservation. Our only gripe with this visit was we felt our waiter may have had one too many tables or forgot he was waiting on us. Most of the time it was three other waiters who helped us. But aside from not bagging our large carrot cake, empty glass, or not coming back to check on us. I ordered a 16oz ribeye medium well and received a med. rare. No biggie, but trying do go away from the rare steak. He never asked how steak was or asked for me to cut into steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off Night for the Palm!BobCVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food was not up to normal for the Palm on this evening! 2 Steaks we either under cooked and 1 of the 2, a Bone-in Rib Eye has this little 1" bone sticking out of the meat without any other bone in it...strange! App's and salads were all great and desert was their over the top usual! They took the bone-in Rib Eye off our bill as everyone, management included agreed it was sub par... One of our guests is also an 837 Club member and it was his wife who's steak was awfulI would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Was a little pricey but the food and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyablePeterVIPDined on 9/10/2014Have been a fan of the Palm for years and they continue to provide a wonderful dining experience from the moment your walk in till you leave. I always enjoy the food and feel special they way the staff treats their customers. Our visit on Wed Sept 10 was great!Special Features:
- LobsterUnhappyVIPDined on 9/10/2014This night our lobster seemed a little dry, so it was a little disappointing, unusual for a Palm Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good drinks, not good valueilDueDined on 9/7/2014The bar served some interesting cocktails that were very tasty, including a spicy margarita. Food selections looked good on paper, but did not measure up to many of the steakhouses I've been to in the Boston area. This was probably in the top five most expensive meals the two of us have ever had, but nowhere near that remarkable. For example, the surf and turf included a decent steak and a huge but overcooked lobster tail. Our waitress was excellent, but her help was not as engaging. I would return here for the bar, not for dinner. As alternatives, for steak, there's a Fleming's nearby. Or Le Cellier at Epcot has a terrific filet. For Universal hotel options, Tchoup Chop at Royal Pacific was our favorite for food, ambiance and value.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningFLPalmDined on 9/6/2014Lauren, made it an outstanding event for our party of six. Food was great and her service was top notch. It was my nephew's birthday dinner (special occasion). Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I always enjoy it here, if it's for work or personal the treatment received is always top-notch! Wait staff in the bar are great to get your first drink and prep for dinner. Michael the mgr is the best at what he does. Always interested in how the dinner is going and how he can help out. The dinners are always first rate with the finest meats and veggies. The fish is great but I always get the steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.