Palm Restaurant - Orlando
5800 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Orlando
- Phone: 4075037256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Larry Sinibaldi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Orlando
Orlando Palm Restaurant is located in the cities hottest hotel, The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Studios and has truly become the place to "see and be seen." for over 80 years, Palm Restaurant has been famous for USDA prime aged steaks, Jumbo Nova Scotia Lobster, Italian entrees, fresh premium seafood, generous portions, outstanding service, and an atmosphere like nowhere else. You Belong at Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House. It's your favorite table, your favorite drink and the best of everything. Experience the ongoing celebration of timeless tradition, lively spirits and legendary taste. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)fit for foodies (62)notable wine list (58)good for groups (47)romantic (45)kid-friendly (20)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (8)great for lunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Favorite steakhouse!JakeDined on 10/27/2014We love the Palm- always the best and gives us "shades of New York", which is a very good thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricemtn32714Dined on 10/26/2014We came here for my father's birthday and we found it to be very mediocre for a steakhouse in Orlando. It was not worth it for the price. There are better options. We would have much rather gone to Charley's or Christner's which, in our opinion, offers a better experience and food. My parents shared the Surf and Turf. Their steak was dry and a bit too overdone. The mushroom and onion soup was fine. The Gigi salad was not worth the price. The Ahi tuna steak tasted fine but nothing special. The only thing we all loved was the Silver Oak Cabernet and the Whipped goat cheese mash potatoes. We spent over $500 (but had gift cards), and wouldn't say it lived up to the occasion. Our server wasn't bad but wasn't great for tipping him $100
- Palm OrlandoJerryHVIPDined on 10/25/2014The Palm Orlando is spectacular! Excellent food, service and festive Palm environment. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- The Palm...Always great!jebbyDined on 10/25/2014Alfredo was our attendant and was fun and attentive. He made some very good recommendations for the food and wine selection based on our meal. I had the scallops special with a green fried tomato and a chipotle sauce that made my tongue dance a little. My wife had the lobster bisque to start and the wedge salad as her meal. All was incredibly delicious and we left yet another Palm Restaurant quite pleased (as expected). My wife and I have eaten at other Palm locations including the original location in Manhattan, Atlantic City and Tysons Corner, Washington DC. Orlando holds up well to the other locations we have dined at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Perfect Main lobster and the best chocolate cake !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014Really good on all service!! Food!! Drinks!!!!! Recommend 100%Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/21/2014Always a great meal. Expect a loud evening as there are usually big business groups there on conventions.Special Features:
- wonderful treatmentdeb57Dined on 10/20/2014We were celebrating a birthday and had wonderful service with our waiter Alfredo. He had good recommendations and we had a truly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm - orlandosteakplaceDined on 10/18/2014The food was amazing, the noise level in the open dinning area was very loud. I would recommend the booth area if you want has a more quiet experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellant fine diningaveragejoeDined on 10/15/2014Made reservations for a wednesday nite to celebrate my daughters birthday.we were treated like royalty from the time we arrived until we left.our meals were excellant and they even suprized my daughter with one of the wait staff singing happy birthday to her.a great experience was had by all.highly reccomend the palmSpecial Features:
- From start to finish- amazing!!Luv2EATDined on 10/14/2014We ate here for our last night staying at Hard Rock hotel because it's in the hotel and its reputation. Wow!!! From our waiter Alfredo (who is off the charts great!) to our food, this place is crazy good! We ate a shrimp cocktail and lobster bisque to start- HUGE shrimp, great bisque. Steaks came next- we both had filet cooked to perfection and a flourless chocolate cake to finish. Wow wow wow! It is pricey but worth every penny!Special Features:
- EspyDined on 10/10/2014ExceLlent service from all levels of the staff. Very attentive and informative. As usual, food was excellent and our lead server offered the appropriate guidance on several superb sides and entrees. Only regret was that the restaurant did not serve red onions and my specially made salad of tomatoes with anchovies had to include regular whites.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysRobertDined on 10/10/2014Great place like always. I had bone in Ribeye medium rare, it was perfect. Wife had salmon which was first time we tried fish at Palm, it also was perfect. I can never say enough good things about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicenm0227Dined on 10/9/2014Timely, friendly and quite personal-all staff concerned that the food was good and cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014We've been to The Palm in Orlando several times. We've eaten dinner in the dinning room and had appetizers and drinks at the bar. Everytime we do it is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!!!MarianneDined on 10/4/2014I love The Palm and the location in Orlando did not disappoint. The steak was absolutely cooked to perfection. The wine was amazing and our waiter was great. Highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Our FavoriteSunbugVIPDined on 10/4/2014This has been our go-to steakhouse for several years now. So, it's no surprise this is where I chose to celebrate my birthday. The special attention, including a birthday card was a nice treat on top of the excellent service, mouthwatering steaks, and genuinely caring staff made the evening another night to remember.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry we never ate here before!lisaandedDined on 10/3/2014We always dine at Capital Grilles, all over the country, however, this was our first time at a Palm Restaurant, although we have them here in New York City. All I can say is the food, service, etc. was over the top! I wish I could remember the name of our server, but I cannot. However, she was fabulous. We cannot wait to try one in Manhattan - and that will be very soon.Special Features:
- I just didin't want to argueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014I was entertaining a group and my steak was overcooked and I quietly tried to point it out to the mannger and he said cut it in the middle and I did and it was overcooked and he left. Rather than making a scene and upsetting the group I just didn't eat it.Special Features:
- dthrift1005VIPDined on 9/22/2014We cannot tell you how disappointed we were with our dinner. My husband is a 837 Club Member and eats at the Palm for business. My risotto was burned, my steak medium was well done and my husbands was able to eat only 6-7 bites of his veal chop. All this for only $244.00
- my entree was prepared poorlydoctorDined on 9/18/2014Lobsters(3,3lb) great, Salmon great, veal chop outstanding, but the shrimp dish, awful(over cooked and dry). Spending over $600.00 (including tip(not worth it) Sorry, I've eaten at the The Palm for more than 45 years, in N.Y. and later in Tampa. Bruce, it doesn't make me happy to write this.This doesn't mean I won't be back, just that I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chopped championScoutDined on 9/17/2014My wife, daughter and I love dining at The Palm. At a vacation in Florida already had dined at Emerils and Wolf Gang Puck in Downtown Disney. But still hadn't found that one restaurant then my wife noticed The Palm was in the Hard Rock and had to make a reservation. Our only gripe with this visit was we felt our waiter may have had one too many tables or forgot he was waiting on us. Most of the time it was three other waiters who helped us. But aside from not bagging our large carrot cake, empty glass, or not coming back to check on us. I ordered a 16oz ribeye medium well and received a med. rare. No biggie, but trying do go away from the rare steak. He never asked how steak was or asked for me to cut into steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off Night for the Palm!BobCVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food was not up to normal for the Palm on this evening! 2 Steaks we either under cooked and 1 of the 2, a Bone-in Rib Eye has this little 1" bone sticking out of the meat without any other bone in it...strange! App's and salads were all great and desert was their over the top usual! They took the bone-in Rib Eye off our bill as everyone, management included agreed it was sub par... One of our guests is also an 837 Club member and it was his wife who's steak was awfulI would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Was a little pricey but the food and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyablePeterVIPDined on 9/10/2014Have been a fan of the Palm for years and they continue to provide a wonderful dining experience from the moment your walk in till you leave. I always enjoy the food and feel special they way the staff treats their customers. Our visit on Wed Sept 10 was great!Special Features:
- LobsterUnhappyVIPDined on 9/10/2014This night our lobster seemed a little dry, so it was a little disappointing, unusual for a Palm Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good drinks, not good valueilDueDined on 9/7/2014The bar served some interesting cocktails that were very tasty, including a spicy margarita. Food selections looked good on paper, but did not measure up to many of the steakhouses I've been to in the Boston area. This was probably in the top five most expensive meals the two of us have ever had, but nowhere near that remarkable. For example, the surf and turf included a decent steak and a huge but overcooked lobster tail. Our waitress was excellent, but her help was not as engaging. I would return here for the bar, not for dinner. As alternatives, for steak, there's a Fleming's nearby. Or Le Cellier at Epcot has a terrific filet. For Universal hotel options, Tchoup Chop at Royal Pacific was our favorite for food, ambiance and value.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningFLPalmDined on 9/6/2014Lauren, made it an outstanding event for our party of six. Food was great and her service was top notch. It was my nephew's birthday dinner (special occasion). Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I always enjoy it here, if it's for work or personal the treatment received is always top-notch! Wait staff in the bar are great to get your first drink and prep for dinner. Michael the mgr is the best at what he does. Always interested in how the dinner is going and how he can help out. The dinners are always first rate with the finest meats and veggies. The fish is great but I always get the steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Start with a cocktail at the BarKimAndGreggVIPDined on 9/3/2014Tracey is amazing. she can make anything. the bar bites a very tasty but we had to have a full dinner too. Try the Veal millanese with a side of the marinara sauce.Special Features:
- 4th time not a charmdaisyoneDined on 8/31/2014we had avoided the Palm because it was located in a tourist area. First 3 visits were great! This last time, our steaks didn't come out as ordered. I accepted mine because I ordered it well and sometimes it gets dried out. But my partner's steak had to be sent back 2 times before they got it right. management stepped up and took care of it but you don't expect this to happen at the Palm. A steakhouse should know how to cook a steak! The coffee and tea arrived after we had finished dessert--Wasn't a good day for this restaurant. Alex was our server and we enjoyed having him but he seemed to have tables all over the restaurant. Perhaps they weren't prepared for a crowded restaurant on Labor Day.
- OutstandingChasingPerfectionDined on 8/31/2014The Palm is always at it best. The Crab legs and Laobster were perfect. The Steak was divine.Special Features:
- Delicious As Always!!!Tampa813Dined on 8/30/2014I love The Palm. The food is always amazing and the staff is extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not what was expecteddissatisfieddinerDined on 8/30/2014I was expecting the food to be much better. The 14 oz new York strip I ordered contained at least 5 to 6 oz of fat that should have been trimmed. My fiancés filet was not the tender filet she expected either. Both steaks were not tender and tasty as a $50 entre should be. The vegetables were not tender either....asparagus was hard and fibrous and the Brussels sprouts were hard as rocks and not seasoned well. Also the potatoes were mostly smothered in cheese and not good. The only reason for going to this restaurant is because it is located in the hotel and is difficult travelling outside and inconvenient to go elsewhere. I would recommend the restaurant either upgrade its food or one should take extra time to go outside the hotel forSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014nice restaurant to celebrate special occasion. A bit on the pricy side for amount of food served.Special Features:
- Don't goMickDined on 8/28/2014Loud drunks in shorts, screaming children, over expensive. Zero atmosphere. Top notch food for take out; do not try to dine in - you cannot carry on a conversation. Not recommended, ruined a much anticipated anniversary celebration dinner, not worth the trip or the money.
- Lobsterfest for sure!LauraVIPDined on 8/27/2014Love your 4lb. lobster special each year! it is amazing! The lobster delicious and the service devine! Keeps us coming back!Special Features:
- cew27Dined on 8/27/2014Great food high price high noise level really liked steak couldn't get any better but high price and noise would keep me from going backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks, Worth the Drive!GinnycDined on 8/24/2014Seated promptly by friendly host. Our waiter Alex was attentive and knowledgeable. We ordered the 4 lb lobster for 2, which was removed from the shell table side. The lobster bisque was well presented and had just a hint of "heat". We couldn't resist ordering the filet with porcine mushrooms & crab meat. The steak was cooked to perfection. The dessert menu was tempting but too much food. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- asdfVIPDined on 8/20/2014Everything was great. We had the 5 lb lobster special. It was a real treat.Special Features: