Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
250 West 50th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Palm-West
- Phone: (212) 333-7256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:45am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 4:45pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael England
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located in the heart of the theatre district in Time Square, Palm Restaurant has become a hotspot for theatre-goers, celebrities, tourists and Palm Restaurant regulars alike. Loyal Palm Customers include Andy Cohen, Don King, Kathy Lee and Hoda and the cast of Book of Mormon to name a few. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side reviews from OpenTable diners
337 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)fit for foodies (140)good for groups (120)notable wine list (82)neighborhood gem (82)great for lunch (75)hot spot (59)romantic (47)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (29)kid-friendly (21)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Super.AuntieemDined on 11/26/2014As always everything was fantastic. Thanks. The food was delicious and well prepared. Server kept checking to make sure everything was all right. I look forward to my next visit. Every employee is friendly and made us feel welcome. Only problem is the noise but it's ok when you are eating such delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smooth pretheater diningjohnNDined on 11/25/2014With a 7pm curtain, things have to move quickly. The Palm operators have got this mastered. Fast seating, cocktail service in a heartbeat, friendly smooth service, the expected unbeatable Palm steaks and sides------it all works perfectly .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2014Greats Steaks/Sides, Great staff/Very attentive. Always enjoy dining at this Palm and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- We made our own surf and turfjspinosa2000Dined on 11/23/2014NY strip steak, chilean sea bass excellent. They did't offer surf and turf so we made our own.I ordered NY Strip steak and my wife ordered Chilean sea Bass and we split it. The sea bass was two inches thick and like butter, the flavor was excellent. The steak was as good as we've ever had. Wild mushrooms were the best. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. We were not rushed at all. Our waiter was pleasant and friendly. The food was cooked to perfection! our waiter Melody was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lunch Value in NYCLokiVIPDined on 11/22/2014The Palm's Power Lunch has to be the best value in NYC! The food is delicious and the service is great! We enjoy it every time we come to "The City."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014After seeing a review on the Palm which recently opened in Boston, I decided to try the West Palm while in New York. The food and service were excellent. So glad we picked this restaurant. Conveniently located near Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carefull as they will cheat you on you wine orderMikeC825VIPDined on 11/21/2014Almost EVERYTIME as on this visit I order a bottle of wine and they cheat and give me a newer year than on the wine list and try and hide date from you and never advise you of the substitution nor give you a price reduction as any legitimate honest restaurant would do.
- A delicious treatLor3181VIPDined on 11/21/2014We can't believe that we never came to The Palm before It was our 35th anniversary dinner and what a treat. Everything was great and we can say that about very few restaurants We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and quality food/service!bowesDined on 11/20/2014Outstanding service and excellent food in the usual Palm style. Our go-to choice for pre and post-theatre dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- m13dDined on 11/19/2014Never had a disappointed meal. Service always good. Keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palm has a great POWER LUNCH for $25.90EsdValVIPDined on 11/18/2014Totally enjoyed our Power Lunch - 3 course menu - great selection - great feed for only $25.90 per person. LOVE IT.Special Features:
- A nice stand-out in a busy area of NYCBudMVIPDined on 11/16/2014The Times Square is a sea of people, lights, and madness. But the Palm Restaurant is a familiar and welcome oasis. The interior is what you'd find in other Palm Restaurants, the food has the same great quality and taste, and the service is ... New York style. A little more rushed and tough than elsewhere but equally efficient and helpful. Go there and enjoy what you're used to in other cities. It's all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!DavemacDined on 11/15/2014The steak I had was without a doubt, the best I have ever had. The lobster bisque was very disappointing. Bland would be an over statement on its flavor. My wife had a filet, which was also delicious. If your looking for a cheap night out, look elsewhere, but if you want a great steak and aren't put off by a $50+ price for it, this is a good choice. Close to theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time visit.SandyDined on 11/15/2014As a long time patron of the original Palm this was my first experience at West. It is excellent for lunch. It is well designed and a nice quiet place to talk. This will now be my first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Palm in NYC!QdaddyVIPDined on 11/14/2014Wonderful management & staff! Delicious food and great atmosphere. A must stop in Theater district!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Palm!NancyStoneDined on 11/13/2014I love The Palm! The steaks and sides are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other locations way betterterryrVIPDined on 11/11/2014Don't know why, but even the steaks are better at other locations. Asked for charred on outside (Pittsburgh Rare), no char on steak.
- The Palm Never Disappoints!BonjourLIDined on 11/11/2014As always the case, our meal at the Palm was excellent in all ways. OK, maybe its a bit too noisy, but a small price to pay for the excellent food. I had the Caesar salad, one of the best in town, the romaine was crisp, the salad dressing just perfect. The NY Strip always done to my taste was juicy and had that beefy taste I always look for. One of my friend had the swordfish which he couldn't stop praising for its tenderness and smooth flavor. i did leave enuf room for dessert and that that fabulous cheese cake, creamy and smooth.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014I came here the service was great . Did not rush me to table, a Freind got to to restaurant early was at bar so hung out there a bit. When ready for table, table was ready. Great time and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up for The Palm West Side!SakeToSakanaDined on 11/10/2014Until this past Monday evening, I'd never been to any of The Palm's locations. I'd heard great things about the East side, but as the guests to whom I was attending preferred to eat somewhere close to their hotel I crossed my fingers and took them to the west side. We arrived a few minutes after our 7pm reservation and were seated promptly. From the photos of celebrities adorning the walls and the classic Italian-American "treat them like family" attitude the place exuded, I began to suspect that I'd taken my posse exactly where they'd wanted to come: a classic New York Steakhouse. Ordering for a party of 6 is never an easy task, but our waiter was extremely helpful with his suggestions; a 9 oz fillet and a 24 oz rib eye with the addition of a 3 lb lobster turned out to be plenty for the entree. Not only was the service impeccable, but I finally found somewhere in NYC where the chef knows how to cook steak RARE. The Palm West Side exceeded the high expectations I had, and I owe assistant manager Jann Robinson and the rest of the amazing staff who worked that evening -especially the chef-for making me look good in front of my visitors! The Palm west is my new favorite steakhouse. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationcarladDined on 11/8/2014Enjoyable,energetic and friendly. I would certainly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD TIME WAS HAD !!!!BERNARDRJDined on 11/8/2014I HAD A GREAT TIME. THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT AND THE SERVICE WAS OF THE HIGHEST CALIBERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't go wrongOwooblyVIPDined on 11/8/2014great for pre theatre. everything was very good. our server was wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amy26BDVIPDined on 11/7/2014As usual, the Palm provided a great dining experience. I had a 4 lb lobster for my birthday and it was great.Special Features:
- boothbayVIPDined on 11/6/2014While we go here for the steaks, they also have a nice selection of well-prepared fish. The 9 oz filet was perfectly prepared - no sauce needed as it was wonderful to savor by itself. The sea bass with corn salsa was also excellent. We started with a selection of oysters and shared the 1/2 and 1/2 (frizzled onions and cottage fries) with our entrees. Portions are generous. They have a nice selection of wines by the glass to make for an excellent meal. The service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you have the time and money....OspreyfanDined on 11/5/2014After waiting 30 minutes beyond our reserved time, we were brought to our table. Service was slow, food was wonderful in this vibrant, very noisy restaurant. Despite my grousing, I'd return to and recommend the Palm West. Steaks we're cooked perfectly, swordfish was excellent, vegetables generous and memorably good.Special Features:
- ValerieDined on 11/5/2014You can always depent on good food and service - they also pay attention to details - quick meal - rush to theater whenever in the city - we make this a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyGDined on 11/5/2014Four of us dined after viewing Le Miserables. They had win,e I had beer. The simple salads were perfect, not too big and perfectly seasoned. They had steaks which were done perfectly and I had the sea bass, a nice big piece broiled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Palm!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/5/2014The Veal Parm was outstanding and the waiter suggested an excellent Merlot, which was so smooth... Ahhh!Special Features:
- ConsistentConsistentVIPDined on 11/3/2014The Palm is very consistent with great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Great food but service was terribleNeumanDined on 11/1/2014Sad that such good food, location and ambiance is not even closely matched by the inept service the 6 of us experienced. Slow, repeated requests to other staff to get our waitress, bill had extra bottle of wine and wrong price at that - Certainly not the professional crisp service we had come to expect. But food was excellent even if service precluded time for coffee (2 hours wasn't enough)
- Palm westNYCDinneroutDined on 11/1/2014Great food, excellent professional service combined with friendly atmosphere. Steak and Lobster cooked to perfection, waiter recommendations for wine and appetizers fantastic !! Will definitely be returning to this fine establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Palm in NYCDrRicheatsDined on 10/26/2014Of the four Palms in NYC, this one's the best in food quality. It has all the traditional Palm dishes including both East Coast and West Coast GiGi salads, all the cuts of beef and a huge slab of chocolate cake, enough to feed four easily. Very consistent.Special Features:
- Always great-bpanarelVIPDined on 10/26/2014Whether you like steak or lobster the Palm is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm New YorkRichHDined on 10/25/2014A delightful place for an after theater dinner. Same great food and service I have come to expect from dining at Palm restaurants in other cities.Special Features:
- Solid Theatre District SteakhouseJoesDined on 10/25/2014If you like a steak near Times Square, Palm West is worth considering. Food is solid and traditional, if not great and table service great, as long as you're prepared for the upselling. We did have a 15 minute wait for a reserved & confirmed table at 6 pm pre-theatre, which was disappointing. The steaks are good if not the best ever. The many renditions of "Happy Birthday" proved this restaurant is a celebration destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that impressedLovez2travelDined on 10/25/2014This iconic restaurant is interesting, but very overpriced and not that attentive. It was my birthday, and yes they knew, but no one said anything. It's not that important, yet I was disappointed. The total price for two was over 200' no wine and only three drinks.Special Features:
- The food and service was terrible!!NastyDined on 10/25/2014For $300 I've expected better service than what I've received!!
- Solid steak house experienceGSYJRDined on 10/24/2014The Palm near Time Square is one of the less touristy options we saw in that neighborhood, and the quality and service didn't disappoint. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.