Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
250 West 50th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Palm-West
- Phone: 2123337256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:45am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 4:45pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael England
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located in the heart of the theatre district in Time Square, Palm Restaurant has become a hotspot for theatre-goers, celebrities, tourists and Palm Restaurant regulars alike. Loyal Palm Customers include Andy Cohen, Don King, Kathy Lee and Hoda and the cast of Book of Mormon to name a few. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side reviews from OpenTable diners
330 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (180)fit for foodies (112)good for groups (99)neighborhood gem (76)great for lunch (72)notable wine list (66)hot spot (47)romantic (41)vibrant bar scene (39)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (23)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- Amazing food. Super ExpensiveNachoLover14Dined on 9/20/2014I knew going into the restaurant it would be a little steep, but overall it's worth it. I would recommend someone go to Palm for a special occasion, not a random visit. The menu doesn't offer a ton of choices like other places, and they didn't list the pricing of the lobster, but those aren't deal breakers. I took my mom for her birthday, and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm continues to be spot onSPPPVIPDined on 9/20/2014We all enjoyed our lunch.Lobster salad and lobster BLT sandwich were very good. The Palm consistently is on target and the food and service are excellent. Thank you Palm !Special Features:
- The Palm WestsideDrDaveDined on 9/18/2014I would not pick another steak house in Manhattan except perhaps the original Palm or Palm Two on the eastside. The bone-in filet is to die for.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Both service & food were great. It could have been a little less noisy given the elegant setting. Next time I'll have steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sad experienceTonyDined on 9/14/2014It is sad but my duty as a loyal 837 member to provide my comments to the chef regarding the experience my wife had with a Chilean sea bass which she has tried before in other Palm restaurants with a very big different experience. She said it was not cooked right and the flavor was on the dry side :" it did not tasted similar to previous experiences " . She also mentioned to me, and I could confirm that the mashed postatoes she ordered had a "box type of taste". I did not tried the bass because I am allergic to fish and sea food But did tried the mashed potatoes. On the positive side I could say that my entree and half & half were excellent as always ! I told my wife that everyone has the right to have a bad day SincerelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findFunincityDined on 9/13/2014The service from when we walked in to as we left were friendly kind and attentive, Exactly what one looks for for a restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014the service was amazing, the food absolutely delicious, would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for great food and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Lobster fest delight!DoctorMVIPDined on 9/10/2014Managed to get a table to the Palm's Lobster Festival and my friend and I shared a 4 pound lobster, two appetizers, and one side for $99. So much food I had enough left-overs for two lunches! The last time I tried to book a table when they had this offer, they were sold out in a nano-second. This offer probably won't return until next summer, but worth watching for! I always have a good time at the Palm (but it can get loud).Special Features:
- Perfect team running the place!123AndyRollingstoneDined on 9/10/2014Staff and food perfect....every time! For any occasion, work related, date related, special occasion, you will not be disappointed. The food will tantalize your palate and the staff will make you feel as if your family. (The nicer relative’s!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRifralexDined on 9/9/2014Went to this Palm 4-5 months ago, pre-theater, I asked for a med rare steak, and it was dry and well done. I won't send food back and then eat it when it comes back from the kitchen, if I send it back, I'll leave. I let it ago and stayed. We went again to this Palm, pre-theater, not even remembering our last experience. We spent a bundle of money, and it was a waste, just a terrible experience! My wife and I decided that we are never going to this Palm again, nor eat at another Palm for awhile, I'm sure. The Monday salad, my wife and I shared, was a wet, wilted mess. The NY Strip for two, was just so-so, we very disappointed. May I also say that we are 837 club members, and never had a bad experience in the other Palms.
- Always Great Theatre District FindRichDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I go to the theatre a lot. We can always rely on Palm West for great food, service and timing. We love the Palm, go to all of them as much possible and can definitely rate Palm West all the way up there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodEricDined on 9/5/2014We were visiting New York City and had lunch at the Palm. As usual it was very very good. The meal was served in a timely manner and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentyff96Dined on 9/4/2014We both had the NY strip steak. It was the most tender NY strip we have ever had. Excellent waiter and support staff. We will be returning.Special Features:
- LunchLpTen1825Dined on 9/2/2014Over the last three years, a friend and I have always gone and had lunch here. The food is always very good, the wait staff excellent - attentive, friendly, and accommodating, and the ambiance comfortable - not overly casual or overly pretentious, Always had the 3 course Power Lunch special - Caesar Salad, Filet Mignon, and desert - can't beat the price. Can't beat the service - excellent, excellent, excellent - at any price!Special Features:
- Delicious!EllenDVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful steak and Caesar salad. Good service. Everything was top notch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014I have dined at the Palm Westside many times in the past. This time was a little bit of a disappointment. The service was a little slow which is very unusual. The food did not come out cooked correctly and had to be sent back. My filet mignon was cooked well done when I asked for medium rare. The sides were just okay . The house wine was way overpriced but that has always been that way.Special Features:
- LOBSTER DEALIRWINICODined on 8/30/2014Nova Scotia Lobsters are way more delicious than Maine Lobsters. In Particular the 837 deal, 6# female lobster for $130 with salad & side for 2 is worth the price!Special Features:
- special events fabulousBoleshDined on 8/30/2014We had the 4-lbs lobster special this time on Saturday. It was prepared and presented excellently. Service was just fantastic too. Worth driving in to The City from West Hartford, CT. Luckily we had just a little other business tohhandle before our dinner at the Palm Westside. We are so happy to have found the PALM group during our Las Vegas trip in 2007. Since then we've been coming regularly to the Palm Westside in Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY PERFECTION!!!Luda3209Dined on 8/30/2014My girlfriend and I enjoyed lunch so much that we've decided to go there again next week instead if another restaurant. we made a new reservation before we even left the restaurant. Service and food were GREAT!! The ideal location too because we saw WICKED and it was just across the street.Special Features:
- A special dining experienceMiramaxDined on 8/29/2014Attention to details beginning with a callback to confirm our reservation followed by pros taking us to our well appointed table. This is a dressy establishment but with personal touch. We ordered the 4 lb lobster special preceded by Lobster bisque and Caesar salad made to perfection. It was the most delicious lobster I ever had! Try key lime pie and espresso for post entree! Definitely better than Daniel's if I may say so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good, not GreathappytodineDined on 8/28/2014The food was very good but I guess my expectation was a bit too high. My strip steak was a bit too salty but my wife's "filet mignon" was good. What we forget to do is order them medium rare. Medium is too well done for a good steak. We thought the overall experience was good but we think there are better steakhouses for the price. The dessert we had, Key Lime pie, was a bit too "dense"; not light enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentAlfredoDined on 8/27/2014I've been to The Palm in Atlantic City (Tropicana) about 5-6 times and was never disappointed, and i just went to the NYC Palm for the first time. It was just as good, if not better! Great place.Special Features:
- Lobster FestNycjennVIPDined on 8/26/2014I don't usually get lobster in a steak house but their summer lobster deal was too good to pass up! The lobster was deliciously prepared and presented- cracked and split open. Service was friendly and attentive. It's a tad touristy but that's what you get in that area.Special Features:
- good lobster dealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014the summer 2 for $99 4lb lobster deal was awesome.Special Features:
- Another great meal at PalmIenjoyeatingoutVIPDined on 8/25/2014I eat here a couple of times each year and Palm never disappoints. This week I went with a friend for lunch and ordered the Business Lunch special, and to start I had the soup and my friend the salad. The lentil soup was a little different than I expected, lighter and more tomato based but tasty. My friend's salad was plenty to share. We both had the salmon with the mango salsa, which was very nicely prepared, with reliably good the half and half (potato chips and onion strings) side dish. We both had the Cheese cake (yum) for desert and then rolled out of the restaurant. The waiter was very nice and the service good, as expected.Special Features:
- ExcellentRobinDined on 8/24/2014I have dined at the Palm several times. I tried other steakhouses but keep returning. Their food is excellent, service is outstanding. I love their prime rib but this time unfortunately it was Sunday so no prime rib:( .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImprovedChuckVIPDined on 8/23/2014Service was much better than the last time we ate at the Palm, July 2014. We decided to give the place another chance since the food and service were so good on prior occasions and we were pleased enough plan to return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Been to this restaurant rascal summer for the lobster special This year it seems they skimped on the choices and the food Not sure it is with it anymoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSamiVIPDined on 8/23/2014Although we had read the reviews, we were still unsure if we made the correct choice in booking a reservation. However, it was in a convenient location, time needed was available and the menu looked good. From the moment we walked into the restaurant, we were well taken care of by a courteous staff and a waitress that was friendly and knowledgable about the menu and the wine list. Her recommendations about both, made our evening even more enjoyable. She asked if we were going to a show and made sure we were done in time without us feeling rushed. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Awful serviceFoodie4lifeDined on 8/23/2014The service was horrible. The tomatoes were clearly refrigerated and were mealy. When asked we politely told them about the tomatoes and nothing was done about it. The server was rude and inattentive. The food was mediocre at best. I will never return to the palm chain. The best part of the meal Was the sautéed asparagus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Table was not cleared of wine glasses. Appertizer was cold and served too fast. Salad was poor, not well made. After first round of drinks could not find waiter to order second round had to get another waiter to get for us. Only saving grace was the actual entrees which were great but then took too long to clear the table.Special Features:
- Great Place!ThePalmWestSideDined on 8/21/2014This Palm is one of my favorite places to dine in New York. Food and service is great. I always look forward to dinning at the Palm.Special Features:
- Excellent, dependable quality rest.FrankBeachamDined on 8/21/2014The Palm is an old school, high quality restaurant that's an always reliable place for excellent steak and lobster, as well as anything else on the menu. It's quiet and comfortable, but a bit expensive.Special Features:
- Always GreatupstatedownstateDined on 8/20/2014Palm West Side gets everything right. Never fails to impress. Luncheon fixe price not to be missed. Flourless chocolate cake amazing.Special Features:
- Used to be betterSuenJoeVIPDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I have eaten at this location and enjoyed it. Unfortunately, this time we brought 5 other first time diners and the food quality was jusk okay. We are so used to delicious steaks here but we didn't recieve that this visit. I don't think anyone we brought will go back and give it another try. The sides were fabulous but the steaks were subpar for the Palm. I also ordered the 837 Club special and didn't recieve the crab meat that was in the entree description.
- Great Service, Very AccommodatingSJFanDined on 8/16/2014We were a group of 10 family members who took "Grandmom" to a show and dinner for her birthday. We had reservations and were seated right away. The round table was big enough but still cozy enough for conversations. Food was wonderful - large portions with sides family-style. Service was very good and they even sang Happy Birthday. Loved the painted pictures of celebrities and friends of The Palms. Only problem, and its a good problem, is that the desserts were also good sized and we couldn't finish them after the large entrees. The 7-layer chocolate cake looked like 1/4 of a cake! 3 people ate some of it and still couldn't eat it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak House in NYCHankycDined on 8/15/2014Living in New York had afforded me the opportunity to dine in most of the steak restaurants in New York City. Yet I keep going back to the Palm, because it is simply the best. The food, the service, the ambiance is always superior. I have never had a bad meal or been treated poorly by wait staff. There may be others but as far as I am concerned, The Palm is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My husband and I had a great time at the Palm near Times Square. We went to celebrate my birthday. It was easy to get to by train, so no parking woes. The food was good - never had I seen a lobster so HUGE! It was tender, sweet, and succulent. The service was top notch. Some sections of the restaurant can be noisy - especially in the main seating area; but fortunately, we were seated in a quiet booth on the side, which made for a romantic dining experience. I can't wait to take the rest of the family to this wonderful restaurant. I also plan to check out the other Palm locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love love the PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014One of my favorite places to bring clients and friends. Food and service are outstanding. Great place to talk also - not too loud, but not too quiet, to have a private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to begin, with perfectionPatriciaDined on 8/11/2014Well, how was the steak? Only the best filet mignon I've had in my life. I would most likely get the larger portion next time, but the smaller with a half lobster, which I've loved before at Palm. This time I loved the mozzarella and tomato appetizer, and part of two desserts we shared, creme brulee and carrot cake. In the carrot cake the nuts may have been toasted and were -- better. All of the food had that Palm touch that set it apart and made it special. Oh yes, the whipped potatoes with goat cheese were yummy. The service was helpful, friendly and not stuffy at all. I need to come back for prime rib, more filet mignon, half a big lobster again, new sides and favorite old ones. I need to come back with more family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.