Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
250 West 50th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Palm-West
- Phone: 2123337256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:45am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 4:45pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael England
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located in the heart of the theatre district in Time Square, Palm Restaurant has become a hotspot for theatre-goers, celebrities, tourists and Palm Restaurant regulars alike. Loyal Palm Customers include Andy Cohen, Don King, Kathy Lee and Hoda and the cast of Book of Mormon to name a few. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side reviews from OpenTable diners
316 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (162)fit for foodies (118)good for groups (99)notable wine list (70)neighborhood gem (67)great for lunch (58)hot spot (50)romantic (40)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (19)great for brunch (10)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Great ServiceAnonymousVIPDined on 10/22/2014The Palm is The Palm: consistently good food nationwide, whichever one I go to wherever I am. In this case, I was in NYC for business and had a date to impress. We met in the bar, where the bartender was especially friendly and helpful. We lingered over our meal, and our server did not rush us and made sure we had everything we needed. I was quite pleasedSpecial Features:
- We come here often, but not again..Alex3485Dined on 10/21/2014We had a 9:30 reservation on a Tuesday post show, and the place was filled. Overall, we waited a long time for our drinks and when we did order and got the salad, they also brought out one of the side dishes for the main course, as an accident. I had the crab cakes which were good but the sauce was too spicy. My husband had the 9 oz steak and said it was the worse one he has had in years at that place. Maybe this Palm, which use to be our favorite had an off night…but with so many great steak places in NYC, we might explore some others next time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014On a recent vacation a group of us had dinner here after seeing a Broadway show. The location was perfect! The food and service were great. Staff was very friendly and atmosphere was perfect for our group to talk and enjoy a great meal together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as always!FoodForever59Dined on 10/19/2014My husband and I had a lovely dinner Sunday night at Palm. We have dined here before and always come back for the great meals. Our server Emily was wonderful, very personable and fun. Highly recommend for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enjoyable Experience!EatOutOftenVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is our favorite of The Palms in NYC. Our server, Melody, make our night and we will be requesting her next time!Special Features:
- Palm Theater DistrictirisfleurDined on 10/18/2014We had dinner at the Palm restaurant in the Theater District on West 50th St. after seeing a matinee. So, we arrived at 5:30 PM, which is early for a Saturday night in New York. It was good because there were several empty tables to choose from. We shared a mixed green salad, which was very ordinary and overpriced at $12. We both ordered the 9 oz. filet mignon, which was delicious and very tender. It was plenty. We ordered the wild mushrooms which were cooked in a balsamic reduction. They were delicious. The au gratin potatoes were too mushy and our waiter was nice enough to deduct them from our bill. We had the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. It was good, but no different from anywhere else. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodNJGeneDined on 10/18/2014The lunch special was well worth the money!! The meal included appetizer, main course and dessert and was only $25.50 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014The chicken parmasen was huge and perfectly cooked. My husband had the filet which he said was one of the best he has had. The sevice was great and very attentive! Definitely would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumpretheaterdinerDined on 10/16/2014Was craving lobster for a whole and they don't disappoint. 3 lb was delicious. Goat cheese mash delish as well. Umm umm goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IgnoredOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/16/2014Literally saw our waiter only on time - he dropped off the menus. That was it. Never once did he come back for absolutely anything. We had to flag down every other waiter as they were passing by and they would relay our order. Embarrassing.Special Features:
- Classy and comfortablemoodyfoodieDined on 10/15/2014We enjoyed a post matinee dinner at The Palm , when it was fairly quiet. We liked that the cozy booth seating allows for conversation and comfort, unlike many restaurants where it feels like you are sitting on top of other diners. The waitstaff was very attentive and friendly. The calamari appetizer was excellent and sufficient for two. The Veal Martini was delicious...next time I would have to order mashed potatoes so I could put the yummy sauce on them... and the 7Layer Carrot Cake was to die for and also a generous enough portion to share ...even though it was said to be one serving.Special Features:
- Perfect for lunch or dinnerruthVIPDined on 10/15/2014Had a wonderful lunch pre theatre ... food perfect.. menu selection plentiful...relaxing and great service we continue to come back week after weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Reliable!brooklyn91941Dined on 10/14/2014The Palm has always been a reliable spot for good food, good service and great ambience, and this night was no different than I have come to expect. Steaks are first rate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We had a 40 year college class reunion. It was a memorable time, waiters were patient and friendly, food great as usual at The Palm.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceRobinDined on 10/12/2014We found the wait staff attentive and knowledgeable. The food portions were large. My husband's veal leftovers fed the two of us the next day making another delicious dinner. Calorie count on the dessert menu was helpful, although a loss for the restaurant!Special Features:
- OutstandingKlunVIPDined on 10/11/2014Really enjoyed the whole experience. Fit was great and service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One on NY's best RestaurantscharlesDined on 10/10/2014As usual, excellent service, incredible steaks, succulent lobster! I did drop one star for this review because the lobster bisque was bland and tasteless. Surprisingly, the server told us that other people had sent the bisque back as well. A restaurant of the Palm's stature and reputation should never send out a bad dish, especially after becoming aware that something is wrong with said dish. I feel like they dropped the ball, so to speak. Still, I will return, as I regularly do, hopeful that something like this will be avoided in the future. Its still the best dining experience in Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fading nameJacksRwildDined on 10/10/2014The Palm New York, NY was a disappointment. We arrived early at about 4:30 pm and saw many vacant tables. Our waiter seemed to be new because he had to ask others when we had a question. I ordered the Lobster for two and asked that the meat be removed in the kitchen and put on our plates. My Lobster came out in about three pieces, one large piece was still attached to the bone. In Atlantic City the Lobster comes out in bite size pieces. In addition, the Lobster did not taste fresh and flavorful. When you pay big bucks for food you expect GOOD FOOD. The restaurant looks aged and in need of a little TLC. The waiter, even IF he was new, needs to be available to his customers. We even had to flag down a different waiter to bring the check.
- GoodPeterSDined on 10/9/2014Been here many time. Staff is very very accommodating and friendly. This place is always abuzz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service, great food!MadameKatVIPDined on 10/8/2014My sister and I went for lunch before a play,although there were power lunches everywhere. The prix fixe lunch was great, with ample portions, and deliciously prepared! The best was the service! The care for my sister's allergy to eggs was astounding! Thank you, "The Palm "!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very reliablenonicknameVIPDined on 10/7/2014as usual, a very good meal. Prices on the high side, but I knew that before I went. Quality the BEST
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/6/2014Great Food... Great Service!!!! We were also attending a show after dinner and they were great at keeping us on schedule...Special Features:
- Don't BotherStitchLadyDined on 10/4/2014Not impressed. Food is good, not fantastic. Not worth the hype or price, in my opinion. My husband left still hungry. Considering the size of the bill, that's a really bad thing.
- The palmTanyaDined on 10/3/2014Simple decor, tasty & delicious food. Great service, friendly waiter. Nice variety of menus. Reasonably priced! Would definitely good back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experienceabcdVIPDined on 10/3/2014The service was outstanding. My friend and I shared a full size salad, filet mignon, some sides, and a cheesecake. They were all delicious especially the filet and the cheesecake.Special Features:
- Not my favorite placeBklyn925Dined on 10/3/2014The decor was nice with the celebrity faces on the walls. It was very clean. The food was ok. I had steak and didn't know until after eating it dry that I was could have ordered a sauce. It would have been nice of the waiter to ask if I wanted anything. The creamed spinach was too creamy. If I didn't have gift cards, I never would have gone to the Palm.
- What A PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014This is a great place to eat! I recommend this establishment to anyone wanting a great place to be.Special Features:
- Relaxing, quiet, deliciousDisappointedVIPDined on 10/3/2014As always, The Palm provided exceptional food with impeccable service. The lunch atmosphere was professional----and therefore a quiet place to eat and plan our travel schedule while visiting NYC. Best burger in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, Good foodnycwasfunDined on 10/2/2014Wife and I had dinner before a show. Was noisier than expected. Food and Service were outstanding. Next time we would try something other than hash browns for side.Special Features:
- It never disappoints.uesdinerDined on 10/2/2014The Palm is The Palm is The Palm. The food is delicious, the wine list is muscular, the service is not just good but knowledgable. It's not cheap and lord knows, it ain't no health club but long live The Palm.Special Features:
- Post Matinee DinnerJimmyHDined on 10/1/2014Had lamp chops with half of 3 lb lobster. Lamb chops were terrific. Double ribbed, large, meaty and cooked perfectly. Mint jelly was in a bizarre mixture defeated its purpose and was close to inedible. The lobster was baked, not steamed, and was rather dry, but tasty and meaty as well. Brussel sprouts were cooked strangely and asparagus was so loaded with garlic that it tasted more like garlic than asparagus. Wife's crab cakes were large and very good and she actually ate both of them although she can usually only finish one. Creme brulee was very dry and not creamy at all, which was disappointing. Our waitress was terrific. Promptly attentive with a great sense of humor, and very friendly. She really saved the meal for me.Special Features:
- Big-time overratedZingoVIPDined on 10/1/2014Our veteran waiter was terrific. He took her order without writing it down and everything came out exactly as ordered. That was the highlight..... It was downhill from here. Everything we ordered was not good: The Ruben, the hamburger, the BLT with lobster, and the lobster salad all were subpar. Even the ice tea was weak. We would never go back there.
- The Palm - Missing SpecialsMarcatDined on 9/30/2014I really enjoy eating at the Palm. Unfortuately, The Palm has become more expensive. in the past with their 837 Club I was able to earn a free lobster dinner for my birthday each years and there were meal specials offered each month to club members. Under their revised 837 Club plan it is unlikely that I will be able to earn enough for the birthday dinner, the monthly specials have been mostly a reduced price on a bottle of wine, and the points earned are now worth less than before if you redeem them for anything. The Club 837 benefits in the past made eating there more reasonable.Special Features:
- Birthday2cheerDined on 9/28/2014My husband eats steak once a year on his birthday. He has made it a tradition to celebrate his birthday each year at the Palm Restarurant. We both enjoy the free birthday cake!!and the exquisite meal. This year we introduced my sister to our long standing tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping a bit???HarlemJimVIPDined on 9/27/2014I've been going to the various Palm restaurants in NYC for some 40 years. This was the first time I was a bit disappointed in the lobster. Still good, but when you spend over $300 for two, you expect the BEST. This restaurant is not for those on a tight budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheatreDined on 9/27/2014Food and service terrific. Although we we were tourists we were so well treatedSpecial Features:
- Fabulous!ShannonfromShawneeDined on 9/26/2014The Palm is dependably fantastic! Elegant with delicious food and an extensive wine list. Manny the manager is personable and makes you feel like a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing anniversary dinner.wdaliceaDined on 9/26/2014The food was fantastic, large portions and the service was incredible. They gave us complimentary glasses of champagne for our anniversary which was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak ever!!noveganshereDined on 9/24/2014We were looking for a pre theater dinner spot and were in the mood for a good steak. We hit on a gem when we went to The Palm on W 50th. Dinner was outstanding..two recommendations…the filet mignon…and oh…the horseradish in the shrimp cocktail! Yowza! They should deliver the shrimp cocktail to your table with paper napkins because your eyes and nose will immediately start to react to the delicious spiciness of the cocktail sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zaydeVIPDined on 9/23/2014Great overall experience ....a real find...we really enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.