Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
250 West 50th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Palm-West
- Phone: 2123337256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:45am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 4:45pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael England
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located in the heart of the theatre district in Time Square, Palm Restaurant has become a hotspot for theatre-goers, celebrities, tourists and Palm Restaurant regulars alike. Loyal Palm Customers include Andy Cohen, Don King, Kathy Lee and Hoda and the cast of Book of Mormon to name a few. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - NYC West Side reviews from OpenTable diners
334 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (186)fit for foodies (103)good for groups (101)neighborhood gem (71)notable wine list (69)great for lunch (66)hot spot (44)romantic (42)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (22)great for brunch (13)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Delicious!EllenDVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful steak and Caesar salad. Good service. Everything was top notch.Special Features:
- A special dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Attention to details beginning with a callback to confirm our reservation followed by pros taking us to our well appointed table. This is a dressy establishment but with personal touch. We ordered the 4 lb lobster special preceded by Lobster bisque and Caesar salad made to perfection. It was the most delicious lobster I ever had! Try key lime pie and espresso for post entree! Definitely better than Daniel's if I may say so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good, not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014The food was very good but I guess my expectation was a bit too high. My strip steak was a bit too salty but my wife's "filet mignon" was good. What we forget to do is order them medium rare. Medium is too well done for a good steak. We thought the overall experience was good but we think there are better steakhouses for the price. The dessert we had, Key Lime pie, was a bit too "dense"; not light enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentAlfredoDined on 8/27/2014I've been to The Palm in Atlantic City (Tropicana) about 5-6 times and was never disappointed, and i just went to the NYC Palm for the first time. It was just as good, if not better! Great place.Special Features:
- Lobster FestNycjennVIPDined on 8/26/2014I don't usually get lobster in a steak house but their summer lobster deal was too good to pass up! The lobster was deliciously prepared and presented- cracked and split open. Service was friendly and attentive. It's a tad touristy but that's what you get in that area.Special Features:
- good lobster dealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014the summer 2 for $99 4lb lobster deal was awesome.Special Features:
- Another great meal at PalmIenjoyeatingoutVIPDined on 8/25/2014I eat here a couple of times each year and Palm never disappoints. This week I went with a friend for lunch and ordered the Business Lunch special, and to start I had the soup and my friend the salad. The lentil soup was a little different than I expected, lighter and more tomato based but tasty. My friend's salad was plenty to share. We both had the salmon with the mango salsa, which was very nicely prepared, with reliably good the half and half (potato chips and onion strings) side dish. We both had the Cheese cake (yum) for desert and then rolled out of the restaurant. The waiter was very nice and the service good, as expected.Special Features:
- ExcellentRobinDined on 8/24/2014I have dined at the Palm several times. I tried other steakhouses but keep returning. Their food is excellent, service is outstanding. I love their prime rib but this time unfortunately it was Sunday so no prime rib:( .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImprovedChuckVIPDined on 8/23/2014Service was much better than the last time we ate at the Palm, July 2014. We decided to give the place another chance since the food and service were so good on prior occasions and we were pleased enough plan to return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Been to this restaurant rascal summer for the lobster special This year it seems they skimped on the choices and the food Not sure it is with it anymoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSamiVIPDined on 8/23/2014Although we had read the reviews, we were still unsure if we made the correct choice in booking a reservation. However, it was in a convenient location, time needed was available and the menu looked good. From the moment we walked into the restaurant, we were well taken care of by a courteous staff and a waitress that was friendly and knowledgable about the menu and the wine list. Her recommendations about both, made our evening even more enjoyable. She asked if we were going to a show and made sure we were done in time without us feeling rushed. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Awful serviceFoodie4lifeDined on 8/23/2014The service was horrible. The tomatoes were clearly refrigerated and were mealy. When asked we politely told them about the tomatoes and nothing was done about it. The server was rude and inattentive. The food was mediocre at best. I will never return to the palm chain. The best part of the meal Was the sautéed asparagus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Table was not cleared of wine glasses. Appertizer was cold and served too fast. Salad was poor, not well made. After first round of drinks could not find waiter to order second round had to get another waiter to get for us. Only saving grace was the actual entrees which were great but then took too long to clear the table.Special Features:
- Great Place!ThePalmWestSideDined on 8/21/2014This Palm is one of my favorite places to dine in New York. Food and service is great. I always look forward to dinning at the Palm.Special Features:
- Excellent, dependable quality rest.FrankBeachamDined on 8/21/2014The Palm is an old school, high quality restaurant that's an always reliable place for excellent steak and lobster, as well as anything else on the menu. It's quiet and comfortable, but a bit expensive.Special Features:
- Always GreatupstatedownstateDined on 8/20/2014Palm West Side gets everything right. Never fails to impress. Luncheon fixe price not to be missed. Flourless chocolate cake amazing.Special Features:
- Used to be betterSuenJoeVIPDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I have eaten at this location and enjoyed it. Unfortunately, this time we brought 5 other first time diners and the food quality was jusk okay. We are so used to delicious steaks here but we didn't recieve that this visit. I don't think anyone we brought will go back and give it another try. The sides were fabulous but the steaks were subpar for the Palm. I also ordered the 837 Club special and didn't recieve the crab meat that was in the entree description.
- Great Service, Very AccommodatingSJFanDined on 8/16/2014We were a group of 10 family members who took "Grandmom" to a show and dinner for her birthday. We had reservations and were seated right away. The round table was big enough but still cozy enough for conversations. Food was wonderful - large portions with sides family-style. Service was very good and they even sang Happy Birthday. Loved the painted pictures of celebrities and friends of The Palms. Only problem, and its a good problem, is that the desserts were also good sized and we couldn't finish them after the large entrees. The 7-layer chocolate cake looked like 1/4 of a cake! 3 people ate some of it and still couldn't eat it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak House in NYCHankycDined on 8/15/2014Living in New York had afforded me the opportunity to dine in most of the steak restaurants in New York City. Yet I keep going back to the Palm, because it is simply the best. The food, the service, the ambiance is always superior. I have never had a bad meal or been treated poorly by wait staff. There may be others but as far as I am concerned, The Palm is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My husband and I had a great time at the Palm near Times Square. We went to celebrate my birthday. It was easy to get to by train, so no parking woes. The food was good - never had I seen a lobster so HUGE! It was tender, sweet, and succulent. The service was top notch. Some sections of the restaurant can be noisy - especially in the main seating area; but fortunately, we were seated in a quiet booth on the side, which made for a romantic dining experience. I can't wait to take the rest of the family to this wonderful restaurant. I also plan to check out the other Palm locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love love the PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014One of my favorite places to bring clients and friends. Food and service are outstanding. Great place to talk also - not too loud, but not too quiet, to have a private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to begin, with perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Well, how was the steak? Only the best filet mignon I've had in my life. I would most likely get the larger portion next time, but the smaller with a half lobster, which I've loved before at Palm. This time I loved the mozzarella and tomato appetizer, and part of two desserts we shared, creme brulee and carrot cake. In the carrot cake the nuts may have been toasted and were -- better. All of the food had that Palm touch that set it apart and made it special. Oh yes, the whipped potatoes with goat cheese were yummy. The service was helpful, friendly and not stuffy at all. I need to come back for prime rib, more filet mignon, half a big lobster again, new sides and favorite old ones. I need to come back with more family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had dinner two times during our one week stay! always great food.Special Features:
- DeliciousLuvSteakDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely perfect food steaks are the best! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit of a disappointment this timekatyDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I have been to this location with family & friends many times This time the service was mediocre and over priced on glass of wine We may have to think about returning However the lobster was goodSpecial Features:
- Well doneMatteDined on 8/9/2014Went there saturday evening for pre theatre dinner. We had excellent service, our waitress was outstanding. Food was very good especially the mozzarella and tomatoe and the filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HarcherDined on 8/9/2014Still a great resturant for service and a great summer lobster specialSpecial Features:
- Amy26BDVIPDined on 8/8/2014We love The Palm West and will definitely return. I usually get Fillet Oscar, but this time went for the rib eye. Cooked with butter sauce, it was a little different. Not exactly what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did Not Meet ExpectationsSandi1957Dined on 8/8/2014The restaurant was highly recommended, so we had high expectations. Those that had seafood (lobster and sea bass) were very happy. The people that chose the steak thought it was overpriced for the quality. The one that chose pasta was the most disappointed. Everyone loved the desserts.
- late night after theatredrwfsDined on 8/7/2014The menu allows for mix and match appetizers, salads, and sides to become a great late night super. Good drinks, nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Excellent serviceGConDined on 8/7/2014The only downside to our visit was the noise level, it tends to be a little too high but still acceptableI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findPsakDined on 8/6/2014Had a nice dinner. Kid friendly. Good choice on the menu. Would recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/6/2014This was a somewhat disappointing dinner. Over the years, we have patronized perhaps a half dozen Palm Restaurants around the country. Our experience has always been good to excellent. This was our first time at this restaurant. Because the service was somewhat lackadaisical and the food was just so-so and given its location just off Times Square, we wondered if this location caters primarily to the tourist trade so that repeat customers aren't important. On the other hand, our experience at the Las Vegas Palm within the past two years was excellent. So, maybe this restaurant was just having a bad night or its needs new leadership. We would not return to this particular location.Special Features:
- Good, DependableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014I often go to this Palm for business and some social dining. The place is comfortable, clean. The service is quite good and of course, the food is great. My standby Palm is the Palm Too across town on 45th and 2nd. It cannot be beat though, that is just my opinion after 25 years of going there - I might be biased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMK11Dined on 8/5/2014Excellent restaurant, the food is great and the service is helpful without being smothering. The prices are on the high side so a prixe fixe would be a nice addition.Special Features:
- JoseDined on 8/2/2014Food and service were excellent. Donuts for dessert were sinful and a great idea for a change of pace. Had never tried them before but my grandson raved about them last time we were there with him.Special Features:
- First bad time in this restaurantthorgyDined on 8/2/2014I have been going to this restaurant (different locations) and loved everyone of them This Saturday was by far the worst experience we have had First they put us in a table that faces the wall where all of the waiters stand and stare at you. The apps tasted like they were a day old and were made from a frozen bag My wife was given an appetizer size portion for her entrée We only realized it when we got the check I asked the waiter for his recommendation on the steak and he gave me of course the most expensive which I don't mind that was mostly FAT I think there was maybe 40% GOOD MEAT. I was very disappointed with this restaurant and surprised I am going to write to them and let them know how I feel.
- Best hashed brown potatoes!JoanVIPDined on 7/27/2014The hash brown potatoes are the best on the planet. The creamed spinach is excellent the steak is the best in NY.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm restaurantBigDDined on 7/27/2014The Palm was So so. It was our 40th wedding anniversary. We ordered the 4 lb. lobster for two. The tail was tough. I didn't like the fact that the only ribeye steak they had on the menu was a 24 oz. portion.
- Never go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014I have been to at least ten steak houses, these was the worst by far, the staff and service was great, the food had absolutely no taste, my Filet was very fatty, I dont want to bash it to much but I would not recommend