Palm Restaurant - NYC Too
840 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - NYC Too
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Palm-Too
- Phone: 2126975198
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Monday - Friday: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Dinner Served Monday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Tuesday - Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Sunday, 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mike Decker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
- Cross Street: Between 44th & 45th
- Public Transit: Closest subway stop is Grand Central Station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Icon Parking Garage
45th St. between 2nd & 3rd Ave
There are 2 garages across from each other (both validate)
Garage on the North side of 45th st: after 5PM $9.00 with validation stamp on ticket from restaurant 7 days a week.
Garage on the South side of 45th st: after 6PM $9.00 with validation stamp on ticket from restaurant 7 days a week.
A word from Palm Restaurant - NYC Too
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Built directly across from the ‘original’ Palm Restaurant to handle the growing guest demand, Palm Too is renowned for serving the bustling crowds of movers and shakers. Their famed walls are adorned with classic cartoons and caricatures of celebrities, politicians and socialites who make up its impressive customer base. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - NYC Too reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)fit for foodies (83)neighborhood gem (78)good for groups (72)notable wine list (40)great for lunch (34)hot spot (23)romantic (20)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014PIC was awesome. I appreciate her making our 20th anniversary so special. The steak was great but the 5 lb lobster stole the show. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster & SteakRockyroadVIPDined on 8/28/2014this is the place for lobster and steak. Lobsters start at 4 lbs and up & they are so sweet. Consistency is the name here. Also have some excellent appetizers. Skip lunch the day you are going & enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dealluv2dineVIPDined on 8/27/2014You cannot beat the lobster special in drummer. I have always avoided The Palm because it is so famous. I must say I was impressed. The prices were reasonable, the service was excellent as, needless to say, was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat here!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014Palm Too was noisy and crowded. We were seated next to the kitchen. The food was terrible and expensive. There were no options for a moderately priced bottle of wine (I don't thing $96 counts as moderately priced, as was suggested by our waiter). This was nothing short of a total disappointment. I will never go back nor will I recommend this restaurant or its affiliates to anyone.
- Great Business DinnerChuckVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great steaks, great ambiance. Perfect for a Manhattan Business DinnerSpecial Features:
- Yummy!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014The Palm Too is great. Always a warm greeting at the door from the managers, Gus and Pic, nice and comfortable booth, attentive and well informed service and wonderful food and adult beverages. I had the Gigi salad and grilled swordfish and my associate had a half head of lettuce and the ribeye steak with shared sautéed spinach, accompanied by a bottle of Hess wine. Everything was prepared perfectly and cooked exactly as ordered. And they use the best of everything in their kitchen so our high expectations are always met or exceeded. Skipped dessert, too full. Additionally, one of the few places where steak, fish and Italian specialties all wonderful so something for everyone's taste.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014We ordered a four pound lobster and it was more like a two pound lobster. It was a waste if money. We went home hungry.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC OWNER/MANAGEROpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/25/2014I arrived early for my noon reservations. Although they were technically closed, the owner-manager seated me and offered water and bread. The specials for the day were fabulous. The Power Lunch was reasonably priced, good portions, and delicious. Lots of attention by the server. The owner/manager came by to be sure that everything was going well. Just what you would expect from a five star eatery. Perhaps the interior could use some renovations, but then on the other hand, the rustic feeling added to the charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short ShriftJustcatoDined on 8/24/2014The noise level- unbearable, no anchovies in the Monday night salad, and a "4 lb lobster" that very clearly wasn't. Overall, an overhyped, overpriced madhouse.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Good food, excellent service, would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:
- Surprizingly disappointingIA60Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have been going to the Palm (now One) since the late seventies. I have to say that this is the first time that I left wondering what happened. I was one of those people who are unconditionally on the "Palm or nothing" category, nothing else even comes close. No other steakhouse can compare for me. I was very disappointed by the service, lack of interest, general sense of being ignored for the first time. In addition, the side dishes came so late that the steaks were cold by the time we could eat them.There was a sense of "nobody in charge" and even the men's room did not look very clean. I am not sure what happened and sincerely hope that this was a one time weird experience. I will stick to Palm One from now on.
- Predictably excellent!Lovetravelling0820VIPDined on 8/23/2014Always happy to enjoy a cholesterol-rich, tasty dinner! Never disappoints on the food.Special Features:
- Lobster in AugustMMNYCVIPDined on 8/22/2014Though the food is consistently great, we never miss the summer lobster fest. A perfectly prepared 4 lb lobster along with salads and a side nevrr fails to impresdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenDined on 8/20/2014Food was delicious. Service was good. Very loud. Extremely crowded.Special Features:
- Giants10Dined on 8/20/2014Been here before, and I guess last time I was here it was early in the evening so it was more comfortable and more quieter, I guess because it was later in the evening it was more crowded and this time I was put right in front of the kitchen, I mean my table was the table right in front of the doors, and So what was suppose to be a romantic dinner with my significant other, became a NOT romantic dinner and a mood killer, :) But the service from Carlo was great, and the food was really good. So will I come back? ofcourse I will because Palm is definitely one of my top 5 Restaurants that I like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster specialEyevalueVIPDined on 8/20/2014Summer time promotion for lobster works for me and my friends. Shared their special 5 pound lobster special with a friend. We both enjoyed the "bargain" and the great tasting lobster. They couldn't steam the lobster but even broiled it was still moist. Their Ceaser salad was nothing to rave about. The lettuce didn't appear especially fresh. And the dressing was more like I'd expect from a bottle. However, the side of string beans, steamed with garlic, was done to perfection, crisp and buttery. Because we had to wait beyond our appointed time we received desserts on the house. The cheese cake and chocolate cake were delicious...and huge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/20/2014I found the lobster very tough and stringy Don't want to give a bad review because I have had great steak there on previous occassionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JOHNDined on 8/20/2014I AM NEVER DISAPPOINTED AT THE PALM TOO. GREAT FOOD, WINES AND SERVICESpecial Features:
- Fabulous!jmmoteDined on 8/20/2014Eat at the Palm a number of times and always enjoyed their tasty steaks. This time I went for a 5lb Lobster special and was thoroughly impressed. This was the BEST lobster I have ever ate. It was perfectly prepared and served. The whole dining experience was superb.Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinner and a showthepalmDined on 8/20/2014Excellent service by the staff at this restaurant. Enjoyed the eastside just as much as the westside!Special Features:
- great foodannmarieVIPDined on 8/19/2014I would love to come back to this restaurant THIS WAS VERY GOOD I HAD GREAT SERVICE. fOOD WAS NICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special treat!SurferDined on 8/18/2014Every once in a while I crave a really good old fashioned lobster dinner with all the sides ie. baked potato with everything, Cesar salad, etc. and if you can finish all that there is always those donuts dipped in raspberry or chocolate sauce. Never have I been disappointed hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceABaerDined on 8/16/2014I Love this restaurant, can't wait to return, It's always a pleasure. Someday, I want to get my face on the wall :) Thanks, again for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lobster specialNeighborhoodsBestVIPDined on 8/11/2014We started with a bottle of Malbec. that was very smooth. For appetizers we each had a Caesar salad. We did not want to get too full for the5 pound lobster that was steamed and accompanied by a side of half and half cottage fries and onion rings. The lobster was steamed just right so it was quite tasty. The cottage fries and onion rings were not too greasy. As you can tell, we just hated our meal. We will be back again real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as west side palmlitig8orVIPDined on 8/10/2014We usually eat at the Palm on the West Side near the theater district. The ambiance is much better there. The Palm Too has a cramped feel to it. Service is also friendlier on the West Side.Special Features:
- KarenDined on 8/9/2014Always outstanding. Food, service always something you can count on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the steakUESLawyerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Still some of the best food in the city. Salad was super - steak even better. My wife loved her crabcakes. Palm Too is more toned down than it's sibling across the street (except for the rogue table of rude diners next to us the other night!)Special Features:
- Never fails..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Always a great dining experience. I love the lovely staff, Nick, Amina and Cesar. =)
- davidVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food and service were fine. Unfortunately, when we arrived, with a reservation, and requested a booth, there was a half hour wait for a booth so we opted to be seated immediately at a non-booth table. The really unfortunate part came when we were seated next to a 4 top of 2 couples who were loud and obnoxious through the entire meal. They were seated when we arrived and were still in 'high' gear when we left---early with out coffee or dessert just to 'escape' these really dreadful people ---interestingly, the women were the loudest and had total potty mouths. Not one sentence was spoken without a loud four letter word! Others were equally appalled as we all 'communicated' via glances and rolling eyes. Palm Too should have removed them!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedParisnycDined on 8/2/2014I had a friend in town visiting and hasn't been to the Palm in a very long time. I thought it would be a good spot. In hen-sight it was not a good choice. The service was just fair an food was just fair. Will not go back.
- Meat eater's paradiseMarlenedcVIPDined on 8/1/2014The Filet mignon is always exceptional, vegetables a bit overcooked even though we requested the asparagus grilled not sauteed, they still were overdone and the woody ends were not trimmed. The Gigi East Coast salad to start is a great way to begin, always refreshing. Our waitperson put our 837 points on someone else's card, this is the second time this happened and now they are worth less then they used to be. That was one of the perks of eating here since the prices are so high. The staff seemed a bit sleepy perhaps it's the weekend summer shift?
- Tried and TrueEssieVIPDined on 7/31/2014We go to The Palm-Too frequently. It has a nice neighborhood feel. This time we had the lobster and it was great.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulCharVIPDined on 7/27/2014We have been there 3 times in the past few weeks...love the lobster special during the summer.Special Features:
- Reliable, very good entreesFramboisVIPDined on 7/26/2014Haven't been to a Palm restaurant in a couple of years, but we had such a good experience with our sister and brother in law the last time we went, we've been wanting to go back ever since. We weren't disappointed. The Palm still puts out great steaks and lobsters. And the service was top notch. It's nice to see that this family-run business still cares about their customers after all these years.Special Features:
- Will cater to special needsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014We went early, since we had little kids, and the entire staff catered to our every need. It was amazing.Special Features:
- TOP RATEDRockyroadVIPDined on 7/25/2014There is a reason the Palm is still going strong- lobster and steaks are the 2 main reasons to go to the restaurant. The waiters are very professional and the food continues to amaze. Consistency is the key to their success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!yummyVIPDined on 7/23/2014I had forgotten how good Palm too was. We went for the summer lobster special. It was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loster dealRockyroadVIPDined on 7/17/2014If you are a palm member get a 4 pound lobster for 2 with 2 appetizers and 1 side dish. There is no better deal in town. There is no sweeter 4 pound lobster in NYC>Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For steak loversOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014Omg, steaks are the best ever, but you'll pay for it! Hash browns are so good, creamed spinach delicious!Special Features:
- FabulousCharVIPDined on 7/15/2014The best lobsters ever....especially during the summer. Love it!Special Features: