Palm Restaurant - NYC Too
840 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - NYC Too
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Palm-Too
- Phone: (212) 697-5198
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Monday - Friday: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Dinner Served Monday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Tuesday - Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Sunday, 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mike Decker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
- Cross Street: Between 44th & 45th
- Public Transit: Closest subway stop is Grand Central Station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Icon Parking Garage
45th St. between 2nd & 3rd Ave
There are 2 garages across from each other (both validate)
Garage on the North side of 45th st: after 5PM $9.00 with validation stamp on ticket from restaurant 7 days a week.
Garage on the South side of 45th st: after 6PM $9.00 with validation stamp on ticket from restaurant 7 days a week.
A word from Palm Restaurant - NYC Too
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Built directly across from the ‘original’ Palm Restaurant to handle the growing guest demand, Palm Too is renowned for serving the bustling crowds of movers and shakers. Their famed walls are adorned with classic cartoons and caricatures of celebrities, politicians and socialites who make up its impressive customer base. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - NYC Too reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (71)good for groups (70)notable wine list (42)great for lunch (29)hot spot (23)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (12)romantic (9)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Higher prices smaller servingsMarlenedcVIPDined on 11/13/2014Best filet mignon in New York but the prices are becoming ridiculous. Always a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceBonappetit11Dined on 11/11/2014It was my husband's birthday and a friend recommended the Palm as their speciality is steak. For the steak lover who knows quality steaks this is the place to go. Steaks were full of flavour, juicy and cooked to perfect. The staff were very friendly and happy and were very hospitable, excellent service. Extensive winelist and the cocktails are on point definitely recommend the Sincity. The Palm Too is definitely on my list of favorites and I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Great!DisappointedVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great food, great service, great place==ALL GREAT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1966 group get togetherNoelcoppDined on 11/3/2014We all worked together in 1966 at the National Cash Register Company (NCR) Once a year we have a little get together. One of our fellow workers, comes to NYC once a year. He insists on paying the bill so we oblige our friend by letting him. Obviously he is very successful and this is his way of getting us all together to share in his success. Thank you Bob for a great time and a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NY DestinationEdtheLendetDined on 11/1/2014Food and service have been outstanding over the years and continue to be so.Special Features:
- Great old fashion restaurantFoodieDined on 10/31/2014My family has been coming here for more than 20 years. Great lobster and steak. Wonderful serving staffs. Old fashion all wood decor. When you get there, just ask for GM Gus. We have not had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/30/2014Great place. Has a neighborhood feel, but surprises with great food. Attentive service, but not over done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family GatheringLivetoeatVIPDined on 10/29/2014Party of 11family members treated extremely well. Waiter was outstanding. Made sure all members of Party got exactly what they wanted cooked the way they asked. Assistant waiter was equally outstanding making sure drinks and food all properly distributed. They checked on patrons satisfaction and needs throughout meal. This included 95 year old and 86 year old. All steaks, seafood, mutton, etc. cooked exactly as ordered. Highly recommended. ASpecial Features:
- ReviewerVIPDined on 10/29/2014Food was great but service was intrusive. Felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyRockyroadVIPDined on 10/26/2014It is where to go for steak and lobster. The waiters are friendly and the food is superb. That is why they are in a lot of major cities across the US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary/Birthday DelightCalliopeDined on 10/25/2014Just a short walk from our ONE UN hotel to a delightful repast. The waitstaff all attentive and helpful in making choices; my husband had an unusually tasty Caesar salad and Porterhouse Steak & I had the create-your-own Surf & Turf with half a 4 lb lobster & a 9 oz filet. We left sated and grateful. We sat next to a couple of charming letters from the mid-30's to the original owners and tried to identify the caricatures on the walls. Clear that this has been a meeting place for writers, artists, musicians, sports figures & other celebrities for almost a full century. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!AndyandAnnetteDined on 10/25/2014Great food, great service. This is a go to for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Dinner at Gus' houseDoNobuVIPDined on 10/24/2014With all the tremendous dishes they have, steak lobster my family loves the prime rib. I have to agree it is the best I ever had but I can never go without my filet mignon the sides were as awesome as ever. And I can never leave without having some cheesecake and they're fabulous chocolate cake Great dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The service was amazing - however, I was disappointed in my starter which was the Colossal Crab Cocktail - the crab meat tasted like defrosted chicken and had quite an amount of water in it - not good at all. Had the surf and turf with the New York strip steak and that was amazing.Special Features:
- It is what it is...wmw322VIPDined on 10/15/2014Greeted by some older man who seated me at a table by the busy kitchen door. When I asked him for another possibility he said something like... it is what it is, no other tables. He dropped the menus on the table & walked away. Okay then, so much for hospitality. I've eaten at the Palm Too before and many other Palms. We're it not for convenience I'd eat at Morton's every time. The filets were just okay, rather gray looking. The side of brussel spouts were very good as we're the tomato salad and wedge salads. But all in all, no wow factor, no foodies reason to return. No class. Just a small side of hospitality would go a very long way. I'm tired of this old guard attitude in this new world food city. Steak should be fabulous not gray...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine repast!SeahawksFanDined on 10/11/2014I wish I would have visited earlier (I would have returned for seconds) in my trip to NYC, but I only found out about this place on Thursday night from a fellow diner at James Beard House. I just loved the ambience of this place, the staff, and the hosts. Everything was top notch; from the service to the meal. My waiter Steve was perfect in all respects. If I ever visit NYC again, this restaurant is at the top of my list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014One of the very very best meat restaurants around- and with a great ambience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014We have had some lovely dinners at Palm Too, so we decided to invite some steak loving friends to have lunch with us there. Our calamari arrived at the table after apparently sitting somewhere for a while. It was already starting to get soggy and was lukewarm. The Caesar salads had no flavor, and the crab cakes were too salty to eat. Our friends left most of their steak salads on their plates. On the plus side, the service was attentive and friendly.
- Excellent value for moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/1/2014The Palm Too continues to be one of the best lunch options for Midtown East. It has a great power lunch menu as well as excellent salad alternatives such as the Lobster Salad.Special Features:
- LikestoeatVIPDined on 9/28/2014Food is always good at The Palm. Nick who waited on us was excellent! Would ask for him next time we're there.Special Features:
- Always good!Lovetravelling0820VIPDined on 9/27/2014Love Palm Too, consistent quality food and drink. Noticed that all the prices are up roughly 20% over the last time we visited.Special Features:
- A litte disappointedElizabeth56Dined on 9/20/2014I was celebrating a birthday as I noted with Open Table. I guess that was not conveyed to the staff at the restaurant since they sang for at least another 3 parties there that night and not for me. At least my family stuck a fork into our dessert and sang Happy Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/20/2014Just completely enjoy the prime rib that was reserved for me, the service was outstanding at both table and bar, a great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mx22VIPDined on 9/17/2014This restuant has great service, great food. I would always choose Palm Too over any other restuarnt (especially steak) in NYC. Has a little bit of everything and also will make a special dish for you. great place to be with friends, family or clients.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/10/2014Terrific steak! Martini also hit the spot. A good option in addition to the original across the street.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ExperienceAdamVIPDined on 9/6/2014Just terrific all around. So much fun and made spending as much as we did easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad meal or serviceMikeDined on 9/3/2014Had a work meeting over dinner. Our waitress was attentive to our needs and respectful of our need to get our work done. Thank you.Special Features:
- palm 2lobstertailDined on 8/29/2014Ambiance was pleasant, sports theme interesting. Service was good. Our lobsters were somewhat tough! Should have complained, but didnt want to ruin occasions. Will spend momey elsewhere on next visit to NY. BTW, staff was quite pleasant!Special Features:
- Awesome service20yearsandcountingDined on 8/28/2014PIC was awesome. I appreciate her making our 20th anniversary so special. The steak was great but the 5 lb lobster stole the show. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Lobster EventJamesVIPDined on 8/28/2014Went for the $99 shared 4 lb lobster. It was awesome. 'Nuff said.
- SonnyjimVIPDined on 8/28/2014Lobster was tasteless.......Noise beyond loud...Caesar salad had too much dressing.....Service with Cesar was the best part of the meal..
- EhRexyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Too crowded too noisy too expensive and lackluster serviceSpecial Features:
- Lobster & SteakRockyroadVIPDined on 8/28/2014this is the place for lobster and steak. Lobsters start at 4 lbs and up & they are so sweet. Consistency is the name here. Also have some excellent appetizers. Skip lunch the day you are going & enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm PerfectRTakVIPDined on 8/28/2014Best blue cheese salad in town. Steaks and lobsters were perfect. Sides came out piping hot. One dessert enough for 4 people. Even with the restaurant packed the service was excellentSpecial Features:
- great dealluv2dineVIPDined on 8/27/2014You cannot beat the lobster special in drummer. I have always avoided The Palm because it is so famous. I must say I was impressed. The prices were reasonable, the service was excellent as, needless to say, was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat here!NewYorkerVIPDined on 8/26/2014Palm Too was noisy and crowded. We were seated next to the kitchen. The food was terrible and expensive. There were no options for a moderately priced bottle of wine (I don't thing $96 counts as moderately priced, as was suggested by our waiter). This was nothing short of a total disappointment. I will never go back nor will I recommend this restaurant or its affiliates to anyone.
- Great Business DinnerChuckVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great steaks, great ambiance. Perfect for a Manhattan Business DinnerSpecial Features:
- Yummy!!PerfectVIPDined on 8/26/2014The Palm Too is great. Always a warm greeting at the door from the managers, Gus and Pic, nice and comfortable booth, attentive and well informed service and wonderful food and adult beverages. I had the Gigi salad and grilled swordfish and my associate had a half head of lettuce and the ribeye steak with shared sautéed spinach, accompanied by a bottle of Hess wine. Everything was prepared perfectly and cooked exactly as ordered. And they use the best of everything in their kitchen so our high expectations are always met or exceeded. Skipped dessert, too full. Additionally, one of the few places where steak, fish and Italian specialties all wonderful so something for everyone's taste.Special Features:
- ShopDined on 8/25/2014We ordered a four pound lobster and it was more like a two pound lobster. It was a waste if money. We went home hungry.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC OWNER/MANAGERFrequentTravelerMNVIPDined on 8/25/2014I arrived early for my noon reservations. Although they were technically closed, the owner-manager seated me and offered water and bread. The specials for the day were fabulous. The Power Lunch was reasonably priced, good portions, and delicious. Lots of attention by the server. The owner/manager came by to be sure that everything was going well. Just what you would expect from a five star eatery. Perhaps the interior could use some renovations, but then on the other hand, the rustic feeling added to the charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.