Palm Restaurant - NYC Too
840 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - NYC Too
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Palm-Too
- Phone: 2126975198
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Monday - Friday: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Dinner Served Monday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Tuesday - Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Saturday, 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Sunday, 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mike Decker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
- Cross Street: Between 44th & 45th
- Public Transit: Closest subway stop is Grand Central Station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Icon Parking Garage
45th St. between 2nd & 3rd Ave
There are 2 garages across from each other (both validate)
Garage on the North side of 45th st: after 5PM $9.00 with validation stamp on ticket from restaurant 7 days a week.
Garage on the South side of 45th st: after 6PM $9.00 with validation stamp on ticket from restaurant 7 days a week.
A word from Palm Restaurant - NYC Too
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Built directly across from the ‘original’ Palm Restaurant to handle the growing guest demand, Palm Too is renowned for serving the bustling crowds of movers and shakers. Their famed walls are adorned with classic cartoons and caricatures of celebrities, politicians and socialites who make up its impressive customer base. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - NYC Too reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)fit for foodies (87)neighborhood gem (80)good for groups (71)notable wine list (45)great for lunch (32)hot spot (26)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- LikestoeatVIPDined on 9/28/2014Food is always good at The Palm. Nick who waited on us was excellent! Would ask for him next time we're there.Special Features:
- Always good!Lovetravelling0820VIPDined on 9/27/2014Love Palm Too, consistent quality food and drink. Noticed that all the prices are up roughly 20% over the last time we visited.Special Features:
- A litte disappointedElizabeth56Dined on 9/20/2014I was celebrating a birthday as I noted with Open Table. I guess that was not conveyed to the staff at the restaurant since they sang for at least another 3 parties there that night and not for me. At least my family stuck a fork into our dessert and sang Happy Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/20/2014Just completely enjoy the prime rib that was reserved for me, the service was outstanding at both table and bar, a great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mx22VIPDined on 9/17/2014This restuant has great service, great food. I would always choose Palm Too over any other restuarnt (especially steak) in NYC. Has a little bit of everything and also will make a special dish for you. great place to be with friends, family or clients.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/10/2014Terrific steak! Martini also hit the spot. A good option in addition to the original across the street.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ExperienceAdamVIPDined on 9/6/2014Just terrific all around. So much fun and made spending as much as we did easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad meal or serviceMikeDined on 9/3/2014Had a work meeting over dinner. Our waitress was attentive to our needs and respectful of our need to get our work done. Thank you.Special Features:
- palm 2lobstertailDined on 8/29/2014Ambiance was pleasant, sports theme interesting. Service was good. Our lobsters were somewhat tough! Should have complained, but didnt want to ruin occasions. Will spend momey elsewhere on next visit to NY. BTW, staff was quite pleasant!Special Features:
- Awesome service20yearsandcountingDined on 8/28/2014PIC was awesome. I appreciate her making our 20th anniversary so special. The steak was great but the 5 lb lobster stole the show. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Lobster EventJamesDined on 8/28/2014Went for the $99 shared 4 lb lobster. It was awesome. 'Nuff said.
- SonnyjimVIPDined on 8/28/2014Lobster was tasteless.......Noise beyond loud...Caesar salad had too much dressing.....Service with Cesar was the best part of the meal..
- EhRexyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Too crowded too noisy too expensive and lackluster serviceSpecial Features:
- Lobster & SteakRockyroadVIPDined on 8/28/2014this is the place for lobster and steak. Lobsters start at 4 lbs and up & they are so sweet. Consistency is the name here. Also have some excellent appetizers. Skip lunch the day you are going & enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm PerfectRTakVIPDined on 8/28/2014Best blue cheese salad in town. Steaks and lobsters were perfect. Sides came out piping hot. One dessert enough for 4 people. Even with the restaurant packed the service was excellentSpecial Features:
- great dealluv2dineVIPDined on 8/27/2014You cannot beat the lobster special in drummer. I have always avoided The Palm because it is so famous. I must say I was impressed. The prices were reasonable, the service was excellent as, needless to say, was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat here!NewYorkerVIPDined on 8/26/2014Palm Too was noisy and crowded. We were seated next to the kitchen. The food was terrible and expensive. There were no options for a moderately priced bottle of wine (I don't thing $96 counts as moderately priced, as was suggested by our waiter). This was nothing short of a total disappointment. I will never go back nor will I recommend this restaurant or its affiliates to anyone.
- Great Business DinnerChuckVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great steaks, great ambiance. Perfect for a Manhattan Business DinnerSpecial Features:
- Yummy!!PerfectVIPDined on 8/26/2014The Palm Too is great. Always a warm greeting at the door from the managers, Gus and Pic, nice and comfortable booth, attentive and well informed service and wonderful food and adult beverages. I had the Gigi salad and grilled swordfish and my associate had a half head of lettuce and the ribeye steak with shared sautéed spinach, accompanied by a bottle of Hess wine. Everything was prepared perfectly and cooked exactly as ordered. And they use the best of everything in their kitchen so our high expectations are always met or exceeded. Skipped dessert, too full. Additionally, one of the few places where steak, fish and Italian specialties all wonderful so something for everyone's taste.Special Features:
- ShopDined on 8/25/2014We ordered a four pound lobster and it was more like a two pound lobster. It was a waste if money. We went home hungry.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC OWNER/MANAGERFrequentTravelerMNDined on 8/25/2014I arrived early for my noon reservations. Although they were technically closed, the owner-manager seated me and offered water and bread. The specials for the day were fabulous. The Power Lunch was reasonably priced, good portions, and delicious. Lots of attention by the server. The owner/manager came by to be sure that everything was going well. Just what you would expect from a five star eatery. Perhaps the interior could use some renovations, but then on the other hand, the rustic feeling added to the charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short ShriftJustcatoDined on 8/24/2014The noise level- unbearable, no anchovies in the Monday night salad, and a "4 lb lobster" that very clearly wasn't. Overall, an overhyped, overpriced madhouse.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Good food, excellent service, would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:
- Another Great Lobster!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014We had fantastic broiled lobster. It was super sweet and tender, and the sides were excellent. The staff always makes you feel like family.
- Surprizingly disappointingIA60Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have been going to the Palm (now One) since the late seventies. I have to say that this is the first time that I left wondering what happened. I was one of those people who are unconditionally on the "Palm or nothing" category, nothing else even comes close. No other steakhouse can compare for me. I was very disappointed by the service, lack of interest, general sense of being ignored for the first time. In addition, the side dishes came so late that the steaks were cold by the time we could eat them.There was a sense of "nobody in charge" and even the men's room did not look very clean. I am not sure what happened and sincerely hope that this was a one time weird experience. I will stick to Palm One from now on.
- Predictably excellent!Lovetravelling0820VIPDined on 8/23/2014Always happy to enjoy a cholesterol-rich, tasty dinner! Never disappoints on the food.Special Features:
- Lobster in AugustMMNYCVIPDined on 8/22/2014Though the food is consistently great, we never miss the summer lobster fest. A perfectly prepared 4 lb lobster along with salads and a side nevrr fails to impresdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenDined on 8/20/2014Food was delicious. Service was good. Very loud. Extremely crowded.Special Features:
- Giants10Dined on 8/20/2014Been here before, and I guess last time I was here it was early in the evening so it was more comfortable and more quieter, I guess because it was later in the evening it was more crowded and this time I was put right in front of the kitchen, I mean my table was the table right in front of the doors, and So what was suppose to be a romantic dinner with my significant other, became a NOT romantic dinner and a mood killer, :) But the service from Carlo was great, and the food was really good. So will I come back? ofcourse I will because Palm is definitely one of my top 5 Restaurants that I like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster specialEyevalueVIPDined on 8/20/2014Summer time promotion for lobster works for me and my friends. Shared their special 5 pound lobster special with a friend. We both enjoyed the "bargain" and the great tasting lobster. They couldn't steam the lobster but even broiled it was still moist. Their Ceaser salad was nothing to rave about. The lettuce didn't appear especially fresh. And the dressing was more like I'd expect from a bottle. However, the side of string beans, steamed with garlic, was done to perfection, crisp and buttery. Because we had to wait beyond our appointed time we received desserts on the house. The cheese cake and chocolate cake were delicious...and huge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/20/2014I found the lobster very tough and stringy Don't want to give a bad review because I have had great steak there on previous occassionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JOHNDined on 8/20/2014I AM NEVER DISAPPOINTED AT THE PALM TOO. GREAT FOOD, WINES AND SERVICESpecial Features:
- Fabulous!jmmoteDined on 8/20/2014Eat at the Palm a number of times and always enjoyed their tasty steaks. This time I went for a 5lb Lobster special and was thoroughly impressed. This was the BEST lobster I have ever ate. It was perfectly prepared and served. The whole dining experience was superb.Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinner and a showthepalmDined on 8/20/2014Excellent service by the staff at this restaurant. Enjoyed the eastside just as much as the westside!Special Features:
- great foodannmarieVIPDined on 8/19/2014I would love to come back to this restaurant THIS WAS VERY GOOD I HAD GREAT SERVICE. fOOD WAS NICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special treat!SurferDined on 8/18/2014Every once in a while I crave a really good old fashioned lobster dinner with all the sides ie. baked potato with everything, Cesar salad, etc. and if you can finish all that there is always those donuts dipped in raspberry or chocolate sauce. Never have I been disappointed hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceABaerDined on 8/16/2014I Love this restaurant, can't wait to return, It's always a pleasure. Someday, I want to get my face on the wall :) Thanks, again for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lobster specialNeighborhoodsBestVIPDined on 8/11/2014We started with a bottle of Malbec. that was very smooth. For appetizers we each had a Caesar salad. We did not want to get too full for the5 pound lobster that was steamed and accompanied by a side of half and half cottage fries and onion rings. The lobster was steamed just right so it was quite tasty. The cottage fries and onion rings were not too greasy. As you can tell, we just hated our meal. We will be back again real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as west side palmlitig8orVIPDined on 8/10/2014We usually eat at the Palm on the West Side near the theater district. The ambiance is much better there. The Palm Too has a cramped feel to it. Service is also friendlier on the West Side.Special Features:
- KarenDined on 8/9/2014Always outstanding. Food, service always something you can count on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.