Palm Restaurant - NYC One
837 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - NYC One
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Palm-One
- Phone: 2126872953
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch Monday - Friday, 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Serving Dinner Monday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM; Tuesday - Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM; Saturday, 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Leland Clark
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our elegant private dining rooms are perfect for every event! Whether it`s a business lunch for 10 or an extravagant dinner for 200, our expert sales manager will see to every detail, leaving you to take the bows. Ask about our Meeting Planner Rewards program. Receive points towards exclusive rewards when you book your event at Palm ~ even if you don’t pay for the bill! For more information, please contact our dedicated Sales Manager or submit an online Private Dining Request.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Cullimore 2126872953
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
- Cross Street: Between 44th & 45th
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Icon Parking Garage
45th St. btwn 2nd & 3rd Ave
There are 2 garages across from each other (both validate)
Garage on the North side of 45th st: after 5PM $7.00 with validation stamp on ticket from restaurant 7 days a week.
Garage on the South side of 45th st: after 6PM $7.00 with validation stamp on ticket from restaurant 7 days a week.
A word from Palm Restaurant - NYC One
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Still at its original location, Palm Restaurant is a New York legend that began in 1926 at the historic address of 837 Second Avenue on the East Side of Manhattan—where some of the original wall art and the famous restaurant still reside! Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - NYC One reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (31)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (24)hot spot (19)romantic (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Love the LobsterHiexpectationsDined on 8/16/2014Whenever my husband craves lobster, this is our go-to restaurant. The Palm has not given in to the latest food fads by changing its menu or decor, and it doesn't have to. The service is impeccable and the lobster, in particular, is simply the best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and veal dishesFoody2Dined on 8/16/2014We went for our son's 40. Birthday. Everything was great - food, service, etc.- except for the noise level. Although we were given the quietest location possible, when the room filled, it was quite noisy and hard to have a conversation without raising your voice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/16/2014Ordered 3 lobster dinners. Each lobster was supposed to weigh 4lbs. What a joke!
- SashaoneSashaoneDined on 8/16/2014This was not A good night for my daughter and me...terrible waiter. My daughter is a regular here and found tonight disappointing. I too have been here many times and usually have an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Fun NiteRoRoDined on 8/15/20148 good friends went for dinner. Everything was OUTSTANDING! Food,service,ambiance, and great company. What more could you ask for.Special Features:
- Great lobstersCheescake92Dined on 8/15/2014We have been going to the "Original Palm" for over thirty years.Nick,the general manager, is always very pleasant as well as the rest of his staff.The palm has the most consistant best lobster of any place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/14/2014The original Palm is always a treat, great steak and drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchJosephVIPDined on 8/14/2014I found the location to be perfect for a business lunch. I knew what I wanted to order and the food was prepared well. Plus, it wasn't too full, so getting a table and food quickly was easy. The restaurant can be a little pricey, which may explain the fullness of the dining room, but in all other aspects, it was a great fit for my needs.Special Features:
- The food was good, not fantastic.GoodnotgreatDined on 8/12/2014The waiters were good, despite both the water and the drink ordered taking some time before being received. I was able to get the waiters attention in a timely manner. They were attentive in that manner. My lobster was chewy as in overcooked. The deserts were wonderful. Perhaps, I had heard so much about the Palm that I expected more. It was noisy.
- Great Power LunchLeboDined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed the Power Lunch even if The Palm is not participating in the restaurant week of NYC. So far, the Palm has the best cheesecake I've ever tasted!Special Features:
- Is that lobster really 5 lbs.?DaveDined on 8/9/2014Dissapointing. Poor service. Long wait to order drinks. Bread came late. The appetizers arrived before the drinks. The 5 pound lobster has a tail the size of a 1 1\2 pounder. We were told it was because it was a male lobster. Guess we should have ordered a female lobster. I used to eat here frequently and always enjoyed the experience. Maybe this happens when a small restaurant chain expands too much. No more for me. I won't be back.Special Features:
- not worth the priceqweqwe321Dined on 8/9/2014There are lots of very good steakhouses in NYC. Palm makes a good steak, don't get me wrong, but the service is slow and the food is too expensive for what you get.The drinks were superb, but likewise, you don't go to a steakhouse for the cocktails. You're better off going to Smith & Wollensky on 3rd.Special Features:
- A bad Sat. night in N.Y.C.Unclebob858Dined on 8/9/2014The steak was not cooked right,it was charred on one side and grey on all the other sides. The waiter forgot what we order throughout the night and was slow at bringing drinks to the table. The lobster was mushy and over cooked and seamed smaller then ordered. I have eaten at other Palm restaurants ( Atlantic City ) and the meal was 5 stars perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/8/2014Disappointing evening. Lobster special for two was skimpy. Service was fair.Special Features:
- Best customer service possibleibmMaelstromDined on 8/8/2014Was completely blown away by the patience and knowledge of the staff. We had a massive, rowdy party (17 in total) and we felt like royalty. I've always heard about the Palm's legacy of great customer service and know I understand exactly why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timeless gemDiningDivaDined on 8/7/2014Solid steak choice. A traditional favorite that has stayed consistent through years and locales. They also make a great martini! Staff is competent and attentive. Steaks are cooked as requested .Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2014I've probably eaten here 20-30 times this year, and loved it each and every time. Awesome restaurant. Great wine list. Filet is to die for. Sides are amazing. Staff is excellent and attentive. There is no better steak house in NY. Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunaDined on 8/6/2014The food is consistently good, especially the beef. Patrons come back so often that you feel there is a family link between them and the waiters. The ambience is unique, but the noise does not allow a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice little place togoannmarieVIPDined on 8/4/2014The steaks are always good and the service is fine Do feel comfortable to dine at this nice restaurant. annmarieSpecial Features:
- Great as UsualnycsteveDined on 8/2/2014Monster Lobster and it was wonderful service fine great waiter and busboySpecial Features:
- Still great after all these yearsDuckfatDined on 8/2/2014The Palm is a true throwback NY steakhouse. This was our first time back at the original Palm in about 15 years and It's as good as it ever was. The summer lobster special is a great value. Strip steak was also superb as were all the sides. Laid back atmosphere, but the service is still top notch.Special Features:
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014This restaurant had very poor food taste and not much better preparation. The food was bland. A family of 4 had dinner before a show which cost over$ 270 and the only item that was delicious was the calamari. The crab cakes were bland as was tha ahi tuna . The tuna was not cooked correctly nor were the lamb chops my son ordered. The outside of the chops were completely burned and without seasoning. Stick with Smith and Wolensky's or del Friscos. At least the food is well worth the expense.
- Louis XIIIOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014Food was good, service was excellent- our waiter Mohammed was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food and experiencebsureDined on 7/22/2014We went for a special family birthday celebration. We were all satisfied with the many choices from the menu as well as the daily specials. The appetizers of shrimp cocktail and crab cocktail were large and delicious. Filet Mignon was superb and excellent fish choices as well. (The relish accompanying the swordfish was different and yummy.) Palm offered everything that a great Steak House should. We were all very happy with the evening. The waitstaff was attentive and friendly. We have no complaints...only rave reviews. Will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Like a meal at ApplebeesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014We frequent the Palm in Washington, DC, and have been to Palm Too often. But this visit to Palm was completely out of the norm, mostly due to very poor service and a tiny dining room dominated by a very raucous party. We ordered cocktails ahead of dinner and when they were delivered, the wine list disappeared, never to return. We intended to order a bottle! Our cocktail glasses disappeared and we were not offered a second or a glass of wine. We had to ask twice for lemon slices for our water. Another waiter finally brought them. We ordered a shared dessert and coffee. A refill never offered. Several diners complained about the noise in the dining room, but the party remained rowdy and disruptive. Waiter also overcharged for our dessert.
- Great old standbybundlesVIPDined on 7/17/2014Lobsters and steak at the Palm with a baked potato and creamed spinach-wonderful. Only problem is that you eat too much because the food is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Lobster dinner great. Steak/lobster combo a problrm. Steak was great, but lobster was tiny crispy-fried pieces, and hollandaise sauce was poured over everything. Side dishes were not hot enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lobster everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Outstanding lobster meal! Best ever. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants an outstanding lobster meal.Special Features:
- Superb SteakKenGreenbergVIPDined on 7/14/2014I discovered Palm a couple of months ago, and it's now one of my two favorite steakhouses. In fact, for pure flavor and taste in a steak, this is it. They have a great "Power Lunch." For $25.90 you get a choice of appetizer, entree and either a cheesecake or flourless chocolate cake for dessert. Treat yourself to the "half and half" side: it's half thin, crispy onion rings and half homemade potato chips! Heaven. That side is enough for two, so you may want to consider a real vegetable if you want to behave a little. You can join their 831 Club for free and get notified of events and earn points for future use. This place is great.Special Features:
- the palmcappyDined on 7/11/2014been going to the Palm since the 1980's the steaks continue to be the best in NYC and the Jumbo Lobsters are legendary However it is not the same since "BIG AL" leftSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant as alwaysRoRoDined on 7/11/2014Have been going here since the early 70's. Still the best!Special Features:
- Fabulous!T4TexasDined on 7/11/2014What a gem! From the moment we were welcomed, through our entire dining experience! Service was SUPERIOR...FOOD was FABULOUS...ATMOSPHERE was AWESOME! Next trip we WILL be back!!!!Special Features:
- Great Good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014This was the first time going to any of the Palm restaurants and my wife and I loved it. The mozzarella in the caprese salad was out of this world and the 14 oz strip steak was cooked perfectly. My wife had the veal parmasean which was the best she's ever had. It was also the biggest wine list I've seen at a restaurant. Service was great as well. It's a little pricey but worth the money for a special occasion. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- lobster speciallobsterloverDined on 7/9/2014lobster was very good although they would not find us a female unless it was broiled ( we wanted ours steamed) told us they had no raisin rolls, ( they did) i guess the better service goes to men that come in and order lots of alcohol and steaks.
- Eh at bestJAMOVIPDined on 7/8/2014Had a colleague in town for dinner meeting and being that he lives in land locked middle America, we opted for the lobster special and a side of beef. The restaurant was too loud to hold any conversation. The waiter was fairly obnoxious with regards to hovering over our table during the meal. The lobster was mediocre at best, with dried out claws and definitely not its stated size. Much better options exist even at the deal price
- Will be backRobinVIPDined on 7/5/2014Had a vy nice time with husband and daughter. Clams casino, lobster bisque and bacon very tasty; lobster vy good although a little disappointed we couldn't get anything smaller than a 4 pounder so two of us had to share in order for one of us to have the dish. Service extremely accomodating.Special Features:
- Temp of meatfrankycoinDined on 7/5/2014Steak was not as hot as it should be just warm. Also no flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but priceyJPOVMODined on 7/4/2014Always love going to The Palm. Menu and food wonderful. Staff always professional and enjoyable. But, very pricey will not be a regular customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm OneSuperstarDined on 7/4/2014Their food was absolutely delicious. I had the N.Y Strip Steak and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. My wife had the salmon, and she enjoyed it as well. The Hash Browns for a side potato dish was terrific. Our waitress was very helpful and very pleasant. She suggested which steak I should order.Special Features:
- dine42Dined on 7/3/2014We were celebrating a birthday with dinner at the Palm One restaurant. Our waiter, Noe was great, all of the staff that we encountered were friendly and upbeat. Everything in our meal from the clams casino, filet mignon to the 7 layer carrot cake was awesome. I would go back again for sure.Special Features: