Palm Restaurant - NYC One
837 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - NYC One
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Palm-One
- Phone: (212) 687-2953
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Lunch Monday - Friday, 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Serving Dinner Monday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM; Tuesday - Friday, 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM; Saturday, 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Leland Clark
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our elegant private dining rooms are perfect for every event! Whether it`s a business lunch for 10 or an extravagant dinner for 200, our expert sales manager will see to every detail, leaving you to take the bows. Ask about our Meeting Planner Rewards program. Receive points towards exclusive rewards when you book your event at Palm ~ even if you don’t pay for the bill! For more information, please contact our dedicated Sales Manager or submit an online Private Dining Request.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Cullimore 2126872953
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
- Cross Street: Between 44th & 45th
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Icon Parking Garage
45th St. btwn 2nd & 3rd Ave
There are 2 garages across from each other (both validate)
Garage on the North side of 45th st: after 5PM $7.00 with validation stamp on ticket from restaurant 7 days a week.
Garage on the South side of 45th st: after 6PM $7.00 with validation stamp on ticket from restaurant 7 days a week.
A word from Palm Restaurant - NYC One
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Still at its original location, Palm Restaurant is a New York legend that began in 1926 at the historic address of 837 Second Avenue on the East Side of Manhattan—where some of the original wall art and the famous restaurant still reside! Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - NYC One reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (19)romantic (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Initially surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014This is a nostalgic gem. Best steak we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeeBeeDined on 11/10/2014Menu is consistent with other locations we have tried, but the food, especially the steak was better! We thoroughly enjoyed the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated institutionWeekendInNYCDined on 11/8/2014We went to Palm when we could not get reservations at other restaurants. We figured it was an institution that should be experienced ("when in Rome"). It is what it is -- a high-end steakhouse. The steaks are excellent. The portions large. The prices expensive. At half the price I would consider this a decent value.Special Features:
- HD2512Dined on 11/8/2014My cousin recommended this restaurant because the food was really good. She was right, the food was very good! But...that's the only thumbs up I'd give it. I came to this restaurant a few days ago with my significant other and I have to say it was very cramped, everytime I moved I hit the the person seated behind me. Very uncomfortable...and the waiter wasnt very attentive at all and seemed annoyed when we didn't order extra. He also charged my card incorrectly. Charging me almost $70 more than what the price of the bill actually was and didn't even apologize but seemed rather aggravated that we brought it to his attention. On the brighter side, the restaurant manager was very helpful in hearing the situation. Was very polite and patient.
- Perfect NightBaseballVIPDined on 11/7/2014Went for a simple Lobster and was rewarded by great food, great service and great experience. I come here when I am in town for a great meal. The last time I was in town before this it was closed for "renovations" and was forced to go to The Palm Too across the street. At the time I could not believe the difference in the food and service but this trip convinced me. If given the choice of the Palm Too or not being able to eat at the Palm, I would decline. This was a great night.Special Features:
- chiknmanDined on 11/1/2014Always on top of their game. I have been here many times, this was the best meal ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhousemt9livesVIPDined on 10/30/2014Really nice Old time service Delicious food simple decor Still holds up light years of great reviewsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great New York experience!SparklingLuxuryDined on 10/29/2014I have had dinner parties at the Palm or Palm Too recently for out of town business guests and they loved it. Food was good and the prices were reasonable for a steakhouse. There is an informal, party like atmosphere great for groups. I'm sure they all took fond memories home with them.Special Features:
- Best steakhouseOndateeayearDined on 10/28/2014First visit to The Palm, and we couldn't have been happier. Great people with sense of humor serving slabs of delicious, perfectly cooked beef. No room for dessert, but we didn't want to leave.Special Features:
- A ClassicahccdocDined on 10/25/2014My brother recommended the Palm as a great steak in New York. We ate at the original Palm and I wasn't disappointed. It is just an absolutely great steak without the over-the-top, fru-fru presentation. You are paying a price but it is all in the food and you won't leave hungry. All the food was simply terrific and I did not feel uncomfortable eating there. I would go back in a heartbeat. Staff was terrific and not pretentious at all. Just as a great steakhouse should be. Because we were at the original location the space was a little tight - that was the only negative, but in an older building it was expected so that doesn't really count!Special Features:
- Palm One ExcellenceAnnieODined on 10/25/2014We are regulars at the Palm, and as always, everything was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great mealPinkPotatoDined on 10/23/2014Had a strip sirloin and half a lobster while wife got a filet mignon. Meat was done perfect. However my steak was slightly bland. Lobster was perfect. Desserts can be improved though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow can they cook!foodiequeensDined on 10/20/2014My daughter had a lobster tail that was absolutely cooked to perfection. I had fantastic veal marsala-it was a shame I couldn't finish the very large portion that was served. Quaint little restaurant with outstanding food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40 years later...still fabmytakeDined on 10/18/2014Have been a fan for 40 years. 4 pound lobster still superb...service great...it's THE place to take a newcomer to help them understand what a "ny restauraant" means.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's The Palm!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The Palm never fails to deliver, and going to the original is a must!Special Features:
- steakhouse from the 70'stardevil68Dined on 10/18/2014Our waiter was more like the water guy. Knew nothing about the specials or wine. The wine was not served at the right temp. For a $200 bottle they should get it right. I would not recommend. To many other steakhouses in NYC.
- CathyVIPDined on 10/17/2014Disappointing. The bread wasn't warm. My salad was pretty good, but had a walnut shell or something in it that almost broke my tooth when I bit into it. Our steak was barely warm when it arrived and was way under-seasoned, if seasoned at all. The sides were "meh" overall. The creamed spinach and scalloped potatoes were pretty good, but the brussel sprouts were not good.
- The best steak house in ManhattanChargermanDined on 10/13/2014This is the original Palm restaurant...dating back to the 1920's..It is original and exudes an awesome, timeless atmosphere. I'm a steak connoisseur and I've eaten at the best in town, but this one is the best ever. Had the bone in filet, perhaps the best steak I've ever had. My wife has the lobster and ditto...the best ever. The service was personal and exceptional. We were in town for a week and went back a second time before we left..I've never done that! If you're looking for the place in Manhattan, you can't go wrong with the original palm.Special Features:
- 10/11/14 dinner in NYCDSmithVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have always wanted to eat at the original Palm and it did not dissapoint. The food was fabulous, excellent service and the "Bag of Donuts" desert lives up to its rave review on the Phantom Gourmet TV show. The art work is incredible especially the old cartoons dating back to the late 1920's. A truely great restaurant.Special Features:
- First date poor choiceBigCountryDined on 10/7/2014The fellow diners were so loud and the narrow space so echo-y that my date and I had to shout to hear each other. Not the intimate dinner I had hoped for. The food was excellent, albeit pricey.Special Features:
- Palm OneTxGirlDined on 10/4/2014Being frequent diners at the Palm in Houston, we were excited to visit NYC and visit the one where it all started! From start to finish, it was a superb experience: great service from our very experienced waiter, perfect steaks, salads and sides and drinks......unfortunately, no room for dessert!! LOVED the wall caricatures, as well--what history!!Special Features:
- HOLY MACKERALOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I had our 11th anniversary dinner at the Palm recently. The waiter, James, could not have been better. He knew the menu inside and out and was very helpful in making our decisions. I got the 24oz bone in ribeye and it was broiled to perfection. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original Palm Continues to PleaseNuffsaidDined on 9/16/2014Quality steaks and lobsters in a genuine New York atmosphere are always served at the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old timesteleny21Dined on 9/12/2014...are still alife at the palm. i live it. and the china, and the steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleHate2dineDined on 9/12/2014From the moment we arrived it was terrible. Thrown in a booth at back of restaurant. Waiter could not have cared less about us. 10 minutes we sat with no drinks. Then finally waiter came quickly asked what we wanted then rushed off. Did not even get the chance to ask for water until he came back to ask what we wanted for out main meal. Ordered main meal and when it arrived it was slapped down. Waiter did not ask if we needed anything like sauces etc he just rushed off. He did not once come back during meal to ask if everything was ok. After main meal was cleared drinks were cleared and we were never asked if we wanted another.absolutely shocking service and will never return to palm New York. Dined in orlando palm abs this is brilliant.Special Features:
- Palm One - always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014A stalwart workhorse on the NYC restaurant scene! Food was great and service excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldieWinnieDined on 9/6/2014We love going to the palm. You are transported back in time. The food is always good, large portion (you can split easily) live going with a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the LobsterHiexpectationsDined on 8/16/2014Whenever my husband craves lobster, this is our go-to restaurant. The Palm has not given in to the latest food fads by changing its menu or decor, and it doesn't have to. The service is impeccable and the lobster, in particular, is simply the best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and veal dishesFoody2Dined on 8/16/2014We went for our son's 40. Birthday. Everything was great - food, service, etc.- except for the noise level. Although we were given the quietest location possible, when the room filled, it was quite noisy and hard to have a conversation without raising your voice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/16/2014Ordered 3 lobster dinners. Each lobster was supposed to weigh 4lbs. What a joke!
- SashaoneSashaoneDined on 8/16/2014This was not A good night for my daughter and me...terrible waiter. My daughter is a regular here and found tonight disappointing. I too have been here many times and usually have an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Fun NiteRoRoDined on 8/15/20148 good friends went for dinner. Everything was OUTSTANDING! Food,service,ambiance, and great company. What more could you ask for.Special Features:
- Great lobstersCheescake92Dined on 8/15/2014We have been going to the "Original Palm" for over thirty years.Nick,the general manager, is always very pleasant as well as the rest of his staff.The palm has the most consistant best lobster of any place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/14/2014The original Palm is always a treat, great steak and drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchJosephVIPDined on 8/14/2014I found the location to be perfect for a business lunch. I knew what I wanted to order and the food was prepared well. Plus, it wasn't too full, so getting a table and food quickly was easy. The restaurant can be a little pricey, which may explain the fullness of the dining room, but in all other aspects, it was a great fit for my needs.Special Features:
- The food was good, not fantastic.GoodnotgreatDined on 8/12/2014The waiters were good, despite both the water and the drink ordered taking some time before being received. I was able to get the waiters attention in a timely manner. They were attentive in that manner. My lobster was chewy as in overcooked. The deserts were wonderful. Perhaps, I had heard so much about the Palm that I expected more. It was noisy.
- Great Power LunchLeboDined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed the Power Lunch even if The Palm is not participating in the restaurant week of NYC. So far, the Palm has the best cheesecake I've ever tasted!Special Features:
- Is that lobster really 5 lbs.?DaveDined on 8/9/2014Dissapointing. Poor service. Long wait to order drinks. Bread came late. The appetizers arrived before the drinks. The 5 pound lobster has a tail the size of a 1 1\2 pounder. We were told it was because it was a male lobster. Guess we should have ordered a female lobster. I used to eat here frequently and always enjoyed the experience. Maybe this happens when a small restaurant chain expands too much. No more for me. I won't be back.Special Features:
- not worth the priceqweqwe321Dined on 8/9/2014There are lots of very good steakhouses in NYC. Palm makes a good steak, don't get me wrong, but the service is slow and the food is too expensive for what you get.The drinks were superb, but likewise, you don't go to a steakhouse for the cocktails. You're better off going to Smith & Wollensky on 3rd.Special Features:
- A bad Sat. night in N.Y.C.Unclebob858Dined on 8/9/2014The steak was not cooked right,it was charred on one side and grey on all the other sides. The waiter forgot what we order throughout the night and was slow at bringing drinks to the table. The lobster was mushy and over cooked and seamed smaller then ordered. I have eaten at other Palm restaurants ( Atlantic City ) and the meal was 5 stars perfect.Special Features: