Palm Restaurant - Nashville
140 5th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Nashville
- Phone: 6157427256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Hoss Fuentes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Nashville
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located adjacent to the Hilton Suites in downtown Nashville and across the street from the Gaylord Entertainment Center, Palm Restaurant has attracted celebrities including Denise and Alan Jackson, Titans players Marcus Robertson, Blaine Bishop and coach Jeff Fisher, former NBA player Charles Davis, Robert Redford, James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano), Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Palm Restaurant - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Palm Restaurant - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)notable wine list (85)good for groups (75)romantic (66)fit for foodies (53)hot spot (46)great for lunch (40)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (23)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- New management and chef?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Steaks are exceptional but other menu items very risky. Cook poured salt into everything, had to send back entree, almost as salty second attempt. Deserts were not fresh, rolls served cold, straight from freezer it seemed. For the high priced tab this was a real disappointment. This place has really taken a nose dive in past few visits. Fire the cook, hire a chef. What happened? Resting on reputation?Special Features:
- Great dinner!!!!Mnj15Dined on 9/17/2014we both had veal. the veal parmesan was the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningDinaDined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed a relaxing evening at the Palm. The appetizer served promptly. A shrimp cocktail served with both cocktail sauce and fresh horseradish. Large shrimp and nice presentation. We enjoyed a filet cooked to perfection and the sea bass. The salads came timely but there was quite a wait before the entree arrived. They do not offer a baked potato. We tried the half and half for a side because it was a palm specific choice. It reminded me of a greasy bar atmosphere . Need to rethink that. Other than that poor side choice the food was prepared perfectly. Very full restaurant ,maybe that accounts for the noise level. It is Nashville. Would do it again. It is on the pricey side. Competes with Flemmings and Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good old school eatslcsdinerDined on 9/16/2014We had a good meal here-- the prices are high, but we ate well. The calamari appetizer was fresh, delicious. The chopped salad a bit heavy on anchovies for our taste. Crab cakes were light and full of crab, steak cooked perfectly, though very rich with butter. The only real downer was the deep-fried asparagus -- overcooked, breading too heavy, ruined some beautiful spears. But our waiter kindly brought some fresh steamed. It was too much for two people -- we'll have to cut down on the apps and sides next time to make it through the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRaydo99VIPDined on 9/15/2014Dined here with a colleague while in for business. We had both dined at different Palm restaurants previously and therefore considered this to be a safe choice. Overall we were underwhelmed. Very loud, service was spotty and the steaks were just OK. . For these prices we expected far better.
- Palm Sundayluv2dineVIPDined on 9/14/2014This was our first time at a Palm restaurant. It compares very well to Ruth's Chris or Morton's. The N.Y Strip was perfectly cooked medium and the creamed spinach was nice. No surprise seasoning. The room has a nice atmosphere. We'll now try other Palm locations.Special Features:
- 10 StarsGChilton2626Dined on 9/13/2014Outstanding downtown restaurant across the street from Bridgestone Arena. We had dinner in the bar area, had a fantastic dinner (lobster and filet), and the atmosphere was a lot of fun. It is clearly a "go-to" place in Nashville. I give it 10 stars.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightKREONDined on 9/13/2014Perfect date night. Kids were at a concert so got to valet and enjoy a great meal. Great food, great service.Special Features:
- As always... wonderful!Franklin1Dined on 9/13/2014The service was great, the food outstanding and the ability to valet park and walk to Symphony is always appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okayLexiVIPDined on 9/12/2014Prices are exhorbitant, food is okay, service was mediocre, forgot some of the ingredients in our food, had to find our server...many better places to eat!Special Features:
- Palm DiningoldsouldiningDined on 9/10/2014We chose The Palm as a special experience to add to our concert evening at The Ryman. The Gimlets and our meals were wonderful! Overall, the service was good. There was little greeting when we arrived. Our server seemed rushed. The ambiance was cool. However, the bathrooms were strangely inconsistent with the upscale restaurant experience. They felt like bathrooms in chain restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014The service at the restaurant is horrible. The food is good but if I can't get good service then nothing is good. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent Foodcdore78Dined on 9/6/2014Great steaks, best au gratin potatoes I've ever had. Was VERY loud, however, and my wife and I had to put our heads together to hear. Could have been all the drunk Ole Miss fans though.Special Features:
- Good for fish and steak eatersFabulousVIPDined on 9/6/2014Ate at this location twice, dinner and lunch. Typically we avoid chain restaurants on vacation, but this was perfect spot for guys after a Vandi game. They loved their steaks. My husband loved the huge carrot cake I joined in later for ahi and salad and my little nephew got shrimp coctail. $20 for 4 large shrimp expensive for kid, but l was happy he ate healthy. Two days later we had salads topped with salmon for lunch. I needed something familiar and was not dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Somewhat pricey and a little too loud....hard to converse. The support staff of waiters was very attentive.Special Features:
- Not so great...justgoodfoodDined on 8/31/2014We've been going to this Palm location only a couple of times a year for the past 6 or so years. This past year, the food has gone downhill. The lobster bisque is still my favorite in the city, but just about everything other than that seems to have gone downhill. I can't be sure if it's the quality that has gone down or the preparation. The server was very nice but it seemed she was spread thin. The second bottle of wine we purchased took 45min to arrive as well as water/non-alcoholic drink refills only happening once throughout the 2+ hrs we were there. Anyhow, I hope they turn things back around soon.Special Features:
- Not very good/ expected much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/31/2014Visiting my son in Nashville / party of six. He had just dined at the Palm for his anniversary a couple weeks ago. We were celebrating a birthday / phoned ahead / they forgot to let server know. Service was very-very poor / not much attention to detail from our server / had to ask several times for things. Know she was busy / but we sure didn't feel very important. Everything dragged on. Steaks ordered medium / almost all were rare / we sent one back. Only saving grace was that the Manager saw the problems and did his best to correct. Lots of other nice places to go in Nashville so I am not sure we will ever visit again.
- great foodlobsterfanDined on 8/30/2014Menu selections are extensive. Fantastic lobster bisque. Prices in general are on the high side and the lobster ordered as part of the special looked a more than a little small. Otherwise the server was excellent and the restaurant ensured that we had a fantastic dining experience. Valets deserve special thanks for walking people to other venues and handling cars in an absolute downpour.Special Features:
- DiamondDined on 8/29/2014We booked at the Palm because of a gift certificate. Both of us had the lobster special and it was not a good experience. Although the service was great, the lobster was not. Tough and stringy and the presentation was gross. The wine was good, the lobster bisque superb, but I have no desire to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014Emailed ahead and asked for quiet table for anniversary. Instead was seated in main room sooooo loud. Manager came after appetizers and asked if we wanted to move. Too little too lateSpecial Features:
- Very DisappointingknoxeaterDined on 8/28/2014I have eaten at The Palm in Nashville several times before and enjoyed it so much I was excited to take my wife there for her first visit on Aug. 28. The service was top-notch, the pre-meal bread and butter excellent and the wedge salad and lobster bisque good. But the meal itself was no better than I could have gotten for a third of the money. We split a 4-pound lobster, had the chips and fried onions and creamed spinach as sides and none of them were very good. The lobster was very dry and tough, and to be quite honest had less meat than we get when we buy two 6-oz. tails on special at the local grocery. The spinach was very bland and the potatoes and onions a greasy mess. The visit was not worth the money and was below our expectations.
- Poor service and rubber meatCAFlocalDined on 8/26/2014We had to go and find someone to take our drink orders And it never got better. While the sea bass was oK, the rib eye was rubbery. Presentation was nil. Just a chunk of meat on a white plate. $250 for a poor meal. I won't be back.
- Horrible mealbootsDined on 8/26/2014It was absolutely awful. I have eaten at the Palm many many times and it has gone down hill so much I can't even believe it. Super expensive and my meal was so salty it was awful. They managed to mess up my filet and even my drink was salty. I felt so awful that night. I just had a bad reaction to the salt overload. Would not recommend. Not the place it used to be.Special Features:
- Rushed Through DinnerHurryUpDined on 8/25/2014The service was over the top. Twice waiters or table help removed items from the table and interrupted the meal. Unless the patron asks you to remove the dishes, let them sit. One grabbed up my leftovers, put them in a sack and set them on the table and my wife was only half through her meal. It made her feel as if we were being rushed through dinner. She was sitting with her hand in her lap with three bites of caprese left on her plate and one of the table personal passing by grabbed the oil and vinegar from the table as they passed without asking if she was finished. We had to request it be replaced, which took a while. Good service is one thing, but the hurry up by the staff ruined the dinner experience.Special Features:
- OutstandingPlhufDined on 8/24/2014Our whole experience was fantastic. We were celebrating both our birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalmCrab1VIPDined on 8/24/2014Great experience. The best in Nashville. We had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy BusyLuvadishVIPDined on 8/23/2014We love the Palm and I have always found that the Palm in Nashville is one of the best. On my last visit on a Saturday night, the place was jam packed. Not an empty seat in the house. The food suffered just a little as it took longer than normal for it to reach us. And, the steak was not piping hot. In fact it was pretty cool. However, we were starving and didn't want to wait to send it back. I will go again, but I think I will choose a week night when hopefully it won't be quite so busy.Special Features:
- OK - but a suggestiontonyrDined on 8/23/2014The Palm is a high end steak house as advertised. I wont complain about the price as most know what they're getting into when they select a restaurant of this caliber. The seating was a bit cramped, and your conversation blends with the tables to the right and left, but that's part of the ambiance I suppose. The steaks were good, as I would expect them to be. Sauteed Spinach likewise very good. The half & half was a surprise and didn't meet with my expectations. It was listed on the menu as half fried onions and half home fries - what came out was essentially something that would best be described as a garnish, not fit for an a' la carte side. My suggestion would be to remove this from the menu or change it to more accurately describe it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014You can always count on their service and food qualitySpecial Features:
- SatisfiedSatisfieddiner1955Dined on 8/22/2014Certainly an enjoyable night with good food and family. I planned the dinner. Made reservations myself for me and my husband two kids and spouses for my birthday. I wanted to go to my favorite place. Best way to get what you want:!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceKingDined on 8/20/2014We experienced wonderful service from our waiter, Daniel during our dinner. The lobster dinner was exceptional and every aspect of the evening was great!Special Features:
- First Time Visitor to The PalmMelissaDined on 8/19/2014This was my first time to eat at The Palm. The people were friendly and attentive. We had the lobster for 2 dinner and the lobster was delicious. I had the house salad and found the "house" dressing to be bland. We tried the lump crab appetizer. It was alright, but nothing special. It was a nice experience, but I don't think we'll frequent the restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing food!ThePeachFamilyDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary in Nashville and a friend recommended the Palm. It was delicious! The service was top notch. The atmosphere was great for a romantic dinner, although I did see several groups in the adjacent rooms that looked like they were having a good time as well. Def a spot I'd recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- The PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We came to the Palm this past Saturday night to celebrate birthdays. We had a great time, the food was perfect and the service was outstanding. We will definitely return to the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Diningtd3pDined on 8/14/2014The ambiance of the restaurant is a bit mellow. The paintings on the wall throw off the dining experience. But the story behind the pictures are interesting. The portions are very good for the price you pay. It's fresh, quality food.Special Features:
- SG50VIPDined on 8/13/2014I went for a great steak and ended up getting the sea bass special that was the best I'd ever had!Special Features:
- great sides!TammyDined on 8/12/2014Sides of brussel sprouts, sautéed spinach, and mushrooms were over the top and great as usual! The 14 oz filet was not as tender as it should have been, so I would rate it average at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PalmEnvelmanVIPDined on 8/11/2014I always enjoy dining at a Palm. The food is excellent, the service is terrific and it is always a nice evening. GOSpecial Features:
- First Class and even better !!!JabboDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with a terrific dinner. Best anniversary ever !!! The steak was prepared to perfection; bread, sides etc outstanding. We may make this our anniversary tradition !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaygirlDined on 8/2/2014The Palm was a great place to celebrate my birthday! Wonderful food, and great service... It was a very nice experience. the only slight negative was the noise level. It was extremely loud. This may be due to the fact that there were several large parties of women seated in close proximity making a lot of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.