Palm Restaurant - Nashville
140 5th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Nashville
- Phone: (615) 742-7256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Hoss Fuentes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Nashville
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located adjacent to the Hilton Suites in downtown Nashville and across the street from the Gaylord Entertainment Center, Palm Restaurant has attracted celebrities including Denise and Alan Jackson, Titans players Marcus Robertson, Blaine Bishop and coach Jeff Fisher, former NBA player Charles Davis, Robert Redford, James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano), Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Palm Restaurant - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Palm Restaurant - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (157)notable wine list (85)good for groups (83)fit for foodies (60)romantic (52)hot spot (50)great for lunch (36)vibrant bar scene (36)neighborhood gem (27)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Very upscale = expensiveSpend2mucheatingoutDined on 11/22/2014Get ready to open your wallet at The Palm. While I don't mind spending $150 - $200+ for a romantic meal with my wife, this place is over-the-top. The liquor pour was liberal in the bar but not equal to the $13 for a mixed drink of middle shelf bourbon. The food was good, but again, not equal to the bill. The service was nothing special for a restaurant of this caliber. Overall, it was a nice evening, just be prepared for the sticker shock when presented with the bill.Special Features:
- The Palm in Nashville is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The interior environment, the city life surrounding the restaurant and the location are all very positive aspects to dining at The Palm in Nashville. The food choices and the culinary results are excellent. While some would consider this pricey, that is not so much so as the value is real. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK+CatcherDined on 11/19/2014Over-priced. Excellent service. Too noisy for upscale food, price and service. Donut dessert way over-rated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodSteakDined on 11/15/2014We had the filet and it was perfect. The au gratin potatoes were amazing and so was the wedge salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHighClassNashDined on 11/14/2014Excellent Service.... Our server, Brandon was absolutely wonderful. He was made sure we had everything and didn't want for anything. Went above and beyond to tell us about everything in the menu. Filet Mignon was fantastic. Will go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before concert at the RymanLCubedDined on 11/12/2014We were a bit pushed for time as we encountered some traffic coming into town bot the staff was able to accommodate or needs and we were finished dining in plenty of tome to walk to the Ryman. The server's recommendations were spot on! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We enjoyed our dinner and the service was great, and the food outstanding.Special Features:
- Friendly and good ServiceluvfoodDined on 11/9/2014Everyone was very friendly and our server did an outstanding job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodRaraDined on 11/8/2014The food was delicious, service was on point and ambiance was great. Just check your items if you order anything to go. I had ordered a cheesecake which had no raspberry sauce and there were no berries and whipped cream with my flourless chocolate cake as indicated on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Indifferent ServiceStrigineFoodieDined on 11/7/2014Took our teenage son here before symphony, in large part for the carpaccio. The food was as good, and the prices as high, as usual; the service, although not unfriendly, was somewhat lackluster, perhaps because of my young companion. The location, across from the Arena, is convenient to downtwon attractions; white linens grace the tables while portraits of celebrity guests smile down from the walls. The wine list is extensive, with numerous selections available in various-size pours. We split the carpaccio, which was wonderful; filet was cooked perfectly, and deliciously tender; sea bass was very good; cappucino, fresh berries with cream and, the bag of donuts for dessert rounded things out nicely. Worth considering for a splurge night out.Special Features:
- Not one of better nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Service a lil slow. Food not up to par. Love the place but that night they were off. Way off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatlizeeDined on 11/5/2014We could not have been more pleased. The wait staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. The food was outstanding; shrimp bruno, salad wedge, filet mignon, swordfish. The atmosphere is cozy and intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service good food totally notOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014The steak was cooked to perfection but had absolutely no taste awaste of $50. The pasta with clam was watery and the clam were quite crunchy (shells). Would not recommend and would not go back. Disappointed that we had to spend $200 and were total unhappy
- Great menu for surf and turfStaceyRDined on 11/2/2014My husband and I decided to go to the palm for our anniversary. He enjoys a good filet mignon and I am more of a seafood person so this was the perfect place! Our server Chris was outstanding and the food was excellent. Definitely would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Symphony night delight! Thank you!LovelyeveningoutDined on 11/2/2014In searching for a dining option close to Schermerhorn Hall that would accommodate our desire for a good meal with great service; we found the perfect place. Our reservation was at 5pm (opening) and there was a bit of chaos finding the valet and walking in as the restaurant was opening (minutes before 5pm, so we understood!) we quickly found ourselves at ease. The valet was gracious and unnecessarily apologetic. The server, Rebecca, was top-notch. As first time out-of-town guests, she guided us through the menu with poise and expertise. From wine selections to choosing salads, entrées, sides, and desserts that would showcase the talents and history of The Palms, Rebecca was a delight! Temperature, taste, and presentation all were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meatIeatoutalotDined on 11/1/2014The overall quality of food and service was very good. The place was hopping and loud. A little short on the Zin wine options but plenty of everything else. Great martinis to start. I had the NY strip and my wife has the filet special. Worth the visit if your downtown Nashville.Special Features:
- More sidespickyDined on 11/1/2014The New York strip was great. The sides were scarce. No baked potato. Sweet potato. Just cheese potatoes and no Mac and cheese. If they would ad at least mashed potatos it would be a great meal. Everything else was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre show mealNashvillebeachDined on 11/1/2014Great waiter in Daniel, great service and food. Overall, extremely enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect early dinner spotJimODined on 10/30/2014We don't often eat at such nice places, but we wanted something special for dinner prior to our symphony event. The Palm was outstanding in every way. We were seated promptly at 5:45, the service was attentive and courteous without being annoying, and the food was out of this world. Sure, it's a little expensive, but the quality is unbeatable and the portions quite large, making the overall experience worth every penny. Downtown Nashville is blessed to have such a fine restaurant and we hope to be going back soon. Be sure to come hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KraftDined on 10/30/2014Great food and service, lunch special great value.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentDavidDined on 10/27/2014We've been aficionados of the Nashville Palm upon moving to Nashville 10 years ago and dine here regularly. The food is not trendy or exotic, but it is consistently excellent. The staff provides friendly and efficient service. And the ambiance, well, it's the Palm. While not inexpensive, we've never left feeling less than satisfied.Special Features:
- great food, good atmosphereramboVIPDined on 10/24/2014Everything here was really good except that we had to wait to be seated, even with reservations. The service was perfect with timing and the food was amazing. I do wish that all of the apps weren't seafood. It is pricy with a 1 glass of wine costing me $19.5O and my filet was over $50, but the meal was so good that I will definitely be going back at some point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below average fine diningkrisDined on 10/23/2014This is not one of the better Palm restaurants I have been to. Although the food was okay, and we ate it because we were starving after a long drive, it was not very good and quality and standards were lacking. The steaks were not seasoned, there was no bread because they didn't want to make more, of the three sides we got: the green beans were the best, hash browns were gross and not at all seasoned, and the fries just tasted like unseasoned fries with a tiny bit of Parmesan cheese on them. Appetizers were average, but not special...dessert was the best part of the meal (we got the donuts). Our server was not with it, and seemed like he didn't want to be there. Not the service or meal I would expect at a "fine dining" restaurants.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014Staff very friendly. Service was good and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Way too ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Was loud, crowded and not peaceful. Food was way too expensive and not 'all that'. Caesar salad was lame. Waiter opted to give us the bigger more expensive glass of wine than give us a choice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/20/2014Restaurant seated us on time. Salad brought to table without extra plate. Food good. Wait staff could smile a bit.Special Features:
- remarkable!healthyjewtalianDined on 10/18/2014By far my most memorable experience in town. The staff was highly accommodating and cheerful. The dining experience was second to none and the food was the only thing talked about once it reached our table. The staff was highly knowledgeable of the food and the sights , as well as recommendations for various nightlife and brunch, for which we were all satisfied. The fish was so fresh it practically jumped onto the plate. It was a memorable time and experience that left us smiling ear to ear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PghponyDined on 10/18/2014Great menu selection. Perfect business dinner spotI would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Got to the restaurant and were seated promptly. Noise level was a louder than my wife and I had anticipated, definitely not a quite dinning experience. We had the fried lobster bites for appetizer which were over cooked and made the lobster chewy. My wife order the lobster and although it was good, the presentation left much to be desired. I had the swordfish steak which was good and was seasoned superbly. Service was excellent.
- Nashville Favorite!StellaDined on 10/18/2014The Palm is always a treat with good food, service and atmosphere. I took a group of friends and we had a comfortable night eating, catching up and enjoying the best of Nashville!Special Features:
- The Out of TownersTravelingdentistDined on 10/16/2014We greatly enjoyed our dinner. Very nice to be greeted by the valet, host, and waiters upon entry. Our waiter was excellent both in his service and helping us with a special request from the chef. Our dinner experience was very nice. We look forward to returning to the Palm.Special Features:
- The patina needs a little polishRGL61VIPDined on 10/15/2014Based on the history our expectations were for a good lunch. Unfortunately the presentation and quality of food were mediocre at best. Even the excellent service could not overcome the food deficiencies. There are lot of excellent options downtown Nashville that are far superior dining options.
- Great place for a business lunchMSDimeDined on 10/15/2014The Palm is one of my favorite places for a business lunch or a romantic dinner. The food, service and ambiance are impeccable. It is a real treat to dine at this very well managed establishment.Special Features:
- Good food, what there wasJustmyopinionDined on 10/14/2014Food and service was great but very disappointed that they were out of food. We were told when we sat down at 6:30 that they were out of ribeye and no veal dishes. With the number of people it was a little loud making conversation difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Outstanding servicegbethsewsDined on 10/13/2014The service for our group of 15 was excellent. The food was delicious and the portions were overly generous. The only downside was the noise level in the restaurant. We could hardly hear the dinner conversation as the noise level in the dining room was quite loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ExpensivelynnzDined on 10/9/2014Their food is good. Great steak. The potatoes au graten are the best. However, it's $40 or more for a steak with absolutely nothing else. Sides are about $8 to $10 although they are large enough to share. It is a nice place for a special occasion, especially since the arena is literally across the street.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2014I've always been a fan of the Palm, but the food was just terrible. I had swordfish, and it came to the table looking and tasting as if it were boiled, not broiled. Friend had the bone in rib eye and it was as tough as shoe leather.
- DependablePeterCDined on 10/7/2014As always you can count on the Palm to provide great food and service.Special Features:
- Too expensive for what you getKristinDined on 10/5/2014service was good,food came too fast for fine dining. Ordered a bottle of wine, waiter never stopped by to refill glasses.Special Features:
- Consistent QualityTammyVIPDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I average dining at the Palm once per month. It is one of our favorite "go to" places because we know what to expect and we have several favorites on the menu. I rarely eat red meat, but when I do, I prefer to enjoy an outstanding filet mignon at the Palm. The quality of the food is consistently very good, and the service is consistently very good. We always feel that an evening at The Palm is a special event - the food makes it special and the service makes it special. I strongly recommend the Palm for anyone looking for great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.