Palm Restaurant - Nashville
140 5th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Nashville
- Phone: 6157427256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Hoss Fuentes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Nashville
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service and an atmosphere like nowhere else. Located adjacent to the Hilton Suites in downtown Nashville and across the street from the Gaylord Entertainment Center, Palm Restaurant has attracted celebrities including Denise and Alan Jackson, Titans players Marcus Robertson, Blaine Bishop and coach Jeff Fisher, former NBA player Charles Davis, Robert Redford, James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano), Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Palm Restaurant - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Palm Restaurant - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (168)notable wine list (88)good for groups (83)romantic (62)fit for foodies (55)hot spot (48)great for lunch (43)vibrant bar scene (37)neighborhood gem (27)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Great menu selection. Perfect business dinner spotI would recommend this to a friend.
- Nashville Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014The Palm is always a treat with good food, service and atmosphere. I took a group of friends and we had a comfortable night eating, catching up and enjoying the best of Nashville!Special Features:
- The patina needs a little polishRGL61VIPDined on 10/15/2014Based on the history our expectations were for a good lunch. Unfortunately the presentation and quality of food were mediocre at best. Even the excellent service could not overcome the food deficiencies. There are lot of excellent options downtown Nashville that are far superior dining options.
- Great place for a business lunchMSDimeDined on 10/15/2014The Palm is one of my favorite places for a business lunch or a romantic dinner. The food, service and ambiance are impeccable. It is a real treat to dine at this very well managed establishment.Special Features:
- Good food, what there wasJustmyopinionDined on 10/14/2014Food and service was great but very disappointed that they were out of food. We were told when we sat down at 6:30 that they were out of ribeye and no veal dishes. With the number of people it was a little loud making conversation difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Outstanding servicegbethsewsDined on 10/13/2014The service for our group of 15 was excellent. The food was delicious and the portions were overly generous. The only downside was the noise level in the restaurant. We could hardly hear the dinner conversation as the noise level in the dining room was quite loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ExpensivelynnzDined on 10/9/2014Their food is good. Great steak. The potatoes au graten are the best. However, it's $40 or more for a steak with absolutely nothing else. Sides are about $8 to $10 although they are large enough to share. It is a nice place for a special occasion, especially since the arena is literally across the street.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2014I've always been a fan of the Palm, but the food was just terrible. I had swordfish, and it came to the table looking and tasting as if it were boiled, not broiled. Friend had the bone in rib eye and it was as tough as shoe leather.
- DependablePeterCDined on 10/7/2014As always you can count on the Palm to provide great food and service.Special Features:
- Too expensive for what you getKristinDined on 10/5/2014service was good,food came too fast for fine dining. Ordered a bottle of wine, waiter never stopped by to refill glasses.Special Features:
- Consistent QualityTammyVIPDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I average dining at the Palm once per month. It is one of our favorite "go to" places because we know what to expect and we have several favorites on the menu. I rarely eat red meat, but when I do, I prefer to enjoy an outstanding filet mignon at the Palm. The quality of the food is consistently very good, and the service is consistently very good. We always feel that an evening at The Palm is a special event - the food makes it special and the service makes it special. I strongly recommend the Palm for anyone looking for great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent!CBtravelerDined on 9/26/2014We were there for work and just had a fantastic dinner, the Filet was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nashville PalmColonel007Dined on 9/26/2014My favorite dining spot for Special Occasions and Entertaining! Enjoy being an 837 Member and the service level provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceLoveGoodFoodDined on 9/24/2014The service and food were great. Restaurant is loud but fun! Very expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Food and service were pretty good as expected. Too loud due to large group seated right in the middle if the restaurant.Special Features:
- Return to NashvilleXmas013Dined on 9/24/2014During our return trip to Music City, we could not resist dining at The Palm! We lived in Nashville for seven years (1994-2001) and always enjoyed going to the Palm. Great food, wonderful atmosphere and outstanding service while enjoying the energetic downtown scene. If and when we decide to return to the south, we will always make visiting this Palm location a priority!Special Features:
- DisappointedLuigiDined on 9/23/2014Have heard great things about The Palms for many years. This was our first opportunity to experience their restaurant. Nothing was bad but it was not great either. Their service was far better than their food.
- Hurry upOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014Late reservation, staff obviously wanted to get out of dodge, hovering to get us to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a quiet eveningAnniversarydinerDined on 9/20/2014Very noisy and busy. Food was great but pricy. Would be a great place to celebrate a 5 - 20 year anniversary, not a 51st one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a typical Palm experienceAshleyVIPDined on 9/20/2014I have dined in several Palm restaurants over the years, and normally it is a positive experience. Although I'm not normally a fan of chains, The Palm is normally an exception for me. They tend to be consistently above average, with good food, good service, and a very good wine list. The Nashville location seems to have been an exception. They were out of two dishes, and the wine I chose. The waitress was short and completely unapologetic for the items that were unavailable. As I told her, it's usually best to tell your customers of unavailable items at the start of the meal, not only when they order them. Her response was, "I don't order the food here". Not what I am used to experiencing with a Palm.
- New management and chef?JayceeDined on 9/18/2014Steaks are exceptional but other menu items very risky. Cook poured salt into everything, had to send back entree, almost as salty second attempt. Deserts were not fresh, rolls served cold, straight from freezer it seemed. For the high priced tab this was a real disappointment. This place has really taken a nose dive in past few visits. Fire the cook, hire a chef. What happened? Resting on reputation?Special Features:
- Great dinner!!!!Mnj15Dined on 9/17/2014we both had veal. the veal parmesan was the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningDinaDined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed a relaxing evening at the Palm. The appetizer served promptly. A shrimp cocktail served with both cocktail sauce and fresh horseradish. Large shrimp and nice presentation. We enjoyed a filet cooked to perfection and the sea bass. The salads came timely but there was quite a wait before the entree arrived. They do not offer a baked potato. We tried the half and half for a side because it was a palm specific choice. It reminded me of a greasy bar atmosphere . Need to rethink that. Other than that poor side choice the food was prepared perfectly. Very full restaurant ,maybe that accounts for the noise level. It is Nashville. Would do it again. It is on the pricey side. Competes with Flemmings and Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good old school eatslcsdinerDined on 9/16/2014We had a good meal here-- the prices are high, but we ate well. The calamari appetizer was fresh, delicious. The chopped salad a bit heavy on anchovies for our taste. Crab cakes were light and full of crab, steak cooked perfectly, though very rich with butter. The only real downer was the deep-fried asparagus -- overcooked, breading too heavy, ruined some beautiful spears. But our waiter kindly brought some fresh steamed. It was too much for two people -- we'll have to cut down on the apps and sides next time to make it through the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRaydo99VIPDined on 9/15/2014Dined here with a colleague while in for business. We had both dined at different Palm restaurants previously and therefore considered this to be a safe choice. Overall we were underwhelmed. Very loud, service was spotty and the steaks were just OK. . For these prices we expected far better.
- Palm Sundayluv2dineVIPDined on 9/14/2014This was our first time at a Palm restaurant. It compares very well to Ruth's Chris or Morton's. The N.Y Strip was perfectly cooked medium and the creamed spinach was nice. No surprise seasoning. The room has a nice atmosphere. We'll now try other Palm locations.Special Features:
- 10 StarsGChilton2626Dined on 9/13/2014Outstanding downtown restaurant across the street from Bridgestone Arena. We had dinner in the bar area, had a fantastic dinner (lobster and filet), and the atmosphere was a lot of fun. It is clearly a "go-to" place in Nashville. I give it 10 stars.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightKREONDined on 9/13/2014Perfect date night. Kids were at a concert so got to valet and enjoy a great meal. Great food, great service.Special Features:
- As always... wonderful!Franklin1Dined on 9/13/2014The service was great, the food outstanding and the ability to valet park and walk to Symphony is always appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okayLexiVIPDined on 9/12/2014Prices are exhorbitant, food is okay, service was mediocre, forgot some of the ingredients in our food, had to find our server...many better places to eat!Special Features:
- Palm DiningoldsouldiningDined on 9/10/2014We chose The Palm as a special experience to add to our concert evening at The Ryman. The Gimlets and our meals were wonderful! Overall, the service was good. There was little greeting when we arrived. Our server seemed rushed. The ambiance was cool. However, the bathrooms were strangely inconsistent with the upscale restaurant experience. They felt like bathrooms in chain restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014The service at the restaurant is horrible. The food is good but if I can't get good service then nothing is good. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent Foodcdore78Dined on 9/6/2014Great steaks, best au gratin potatoes I've ever had. Was VERY loud, however, and my wife and I had to put our heads together to hear. Could have been all the drunk Ole Miss fans though.Special Features:
- Good for fish and steak eatersFabulousVIPDined on 9/6/2014Ate at this location twice, dinner and lunch. Typically we avoid chain restaurants on vacation, but this was perfect spot for guys after a Vandi game. They loved their steaks. My husband loved the huge carrot cake I joined in later for ahi and salad and my little nephew got shrimp coctail. $20 for 4 large shrimp expensive for kid, but l was happy he ate healthy. Two days later we had salads topped with salmon for lunch. I needed something familiar and was not dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Somewhat pricey and a little too loud....hard to converse. The support staff of waiters was very attentive.Special Features:
- Not so great...justgoodfoodDined on 8/31/2014We've been going to this Palm location only a couple of times a year for the past 6 or so years. This past year, the food has gone downhill. The lobster bisque is still my favorite in the city, but just about everything other than that seems to have gone downhill. I can't be sure if it's the quality that has gone down or the preparation. The server was very nice but it seemed she was spread thin. The second bottle of wine we purchased took 45min to arrive as well as water/non-alcoholic drink refills only happening once throughout the 2+ hrs we were there. Anyhow, I hope they turn things back around soon.Special Features:
- Not very good/ expected much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/31/2014Visiting my son in Nashville / party of six. He had just dined at the Palm for his anniversary a couple weeks ago. We were celebrating a birthday / phoned ahead / they forgot to let server know. Service was very-very poor / not much attention to detail from our server / had to ask several times for things. Know she was busy / but we sure didn't feel very important. Everything dragged on. Steaks ordered medium / almost all were rare / we sent one back. Only saving grace was that the Manager saw the problems and did his best to correct. Lots of other nice places to go in Nashville so I am not sure we will ever visit again.
- great foodlobsterfanDined on 8/30/2014Menu selections are extensive. Fantastic lobster bisque. Prices in general are on the high side and the lobster ordered as part of the special looked a more than a little small. Otherwise the server was excellent and the restaurant ensured that we had a fantastic dining experience. Valets deserve special thanks for walking people to other venues and handling cars in an absolute downpour.Special Features:
- DiamondDined on 8/29/2014We booked at the Palm because of a gift certificate. Both of us had the lobster special and it was not a good experience. Although the service was great, the lobster was not. Tough and stringy and the presentation was gross. The wine was good, the lobster bisque superb, but I have no desire to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014Emailed ahead and asked for quiet table for anniversary. Instead was seated in main room sooooo loud. Manager came after appetizers and asked if we wanted to move. Too little too lateSpecial Features: