Palm Restaurant - Miami
9650 East Bay Harbor Drive
Bay Harbor Island, FL 33154Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Miami
- Phone: (305) 868-7256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pablo Vargas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private room is available for parties of 10 to 20 guests. For more information, please call our restaurant directly or submit an online Private Dining Request at www.thepalm.com.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Meyer 3058687256
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Miami
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service & an atmosphere like nowhere else. What makes Palm Restaurant truly unique is our genuine old world hospitality & an atmosphere you just can’t find anywhere else. At The Palm… our dining rooms are a panorama of the classic cartoons & caricatures of Palm Restaurant regulars & local celebrities. Each room is filled with the hearty handshakes & warms smiles from our gregarious staff & familiar guests & always abuzz with a sea of conversation & laughter celebrating the best of everything. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)fit for foodies (48)notable wine list (39)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (31)hot spot (13)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- We had dinner in a 30 year hidden gem.BuddyIsraelDined on 11/17/2014The greatest steak house I have been to in a while. The service was incredible. They made us feel like A-listers. The host was very professional yet friendly. The waiter was ridiculously great. And the service men in between the waiter getting our food were great. I will definately become a member of the 837 club. They made our anniversary special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Food as usual was great. Service also as usual was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tonyVIPDined on 11/14/2014very good steaks. good sides and an fun atmosphere. very expensive.Special Features:
- MicheDined on 11/9/2014Restaurant too expensive for a Food not very good. But service is good
- #1 Lobster & Steakhouse in FloridaConnoisseursVIPDined on 11/8/2014From the Valets greeting, to the host and our waiter Tom, they could not have provided a warmer welcome. The Clams Casino were made to perfection as were the steaks, Filet mignon's and Porterhouse. However, the best of the evening was the 5Lb, broiled, without charring the shell, Nova Scotia lobster. It was without a doubt the sweetest, most tender lobster that we have ever eaten. The Palm hits a Home Run every time with their lobsters. The service is so old world wonderful. There was always a waiter or a busboy/girl to attend to our every want. The Palm @ Bay Harbor delivered a game winning Grand Slam evening for my family and I!Special Features:
- Palm is always a good choiceFrequentDinerDined on 11/8/2014We really enjoy eating at Palm Restaurant. It is a great place for steaks or fresh seafood. The servers are fantastic and know how to take care of their guests. Debbie Deetz is the best server thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014This was the seventh Palm we have dined at and this was another perfect dining experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veracruz1Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent consistent quality food. Always great service.Special Features:
- Always a pleasurejr3833Dined on 10/25/2014I took my parents to celebrate my mothers 82nd birthday!!!!! She had a lovely time and the room where we were seated had other tables where they had birthdays. The food was very good. I have been going to the Palm for many years and am a member of the 837 Club. The bread was awful. They used to have delicious bread that lent itself to the cuisine of the Palm. Now they serve onion rolls. That does not compliment Italian food or anything else on the menu for that matter!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- great meal as alwaysTommieVIPDined on 10/20/2014Great meal. Our waitress was Brenda and she is always a delight! Love the palm restaurant!Special Features:
- ConsistentBen314Dined on 10/18/2014No surprises here. Good food and great service. Favorite with the locals.Special Features:
- consistently great food.sedona4azDined on 10/17/2014Service exceptional. Tough to find but we'll worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/16/2014The service was good but not the usual standard I find here.Special Features:
- yonkersdebDined on 10/13/2014a mini version of the ny restaurant. a bit pricey. great for steak lovers. service excellent; waiter did not hoover but was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableBroncoVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have always enjoyed my dinners at The Palm. Food and service are top notch and some 20 years back I joined their 837 Club. However recent changes to the club rules now require that each individual spend $1000 per calendar year to receive the complimentary entree. Previously, one had only to go to the restaurant within 6 months of their birthday to get the award, so I doubt I will qualify for much in the way of future awards. As a result, I will not go as often, if at all, since for me it is about a 30 mile ride, one way, to get to the nearest Palm since they closed a much closer one several years ago. But, if you are close to a Palm restaurant, they are quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Superb experience!robinmiamiDined on 10/5/2014Everything we tried, from the wedge salad to the amazing entrees to the key lime pie was absolutely delicious! We moved south and haven't been in years, but the experience was just as good as I remembered. I'd been craving North Atlantic lobster, which is not that easy to find in Miami, and remembered how good it used to be, so we went. I was not disappointed! In fact, this place is definitely back on my list of favorites. Everyone in my party felt the same way I did, that it was one of the best meals we've had in a very long time!Special Features:
- the Palm is the BombFrequentDinerDined on 9/27/2014This was our third visit to the Palm and just gets better and better. Debbie has been our server all three visits and she really knows how to provide great service. We enjoyed the bone in NY strip for two and it was fantastic. The wine list has a great many values for any wallet. Highly recommend the crab cake and au gratin potatoes. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STLguyDined on 9/25/2014Food was awesome and so was bobby the bartender. Wedge was amazing. Carpaccio was good but not excellent.Special Features:
- Palm is a step into the pastHypKnowSisVIPDined on 9/22/2014We came in to taste the best steakhouse 3 years in a row via Miami Spice. My wife had the Veal Chop (not on their regular menu) and I had the Filet Mignon. The sides were adequate in size (wild mushrooms and the three cheese au gratin potatoes). The veal was good in taste (medium rare), but tough to work on the bone as the knife was not sharp enough. My steak was a bit of a disappointment as it came out slightly overcooked (past medium rare) and there was a chewy portion as if Spice takers were not getting prime cuts (even though the portioning was smaller). The plus is the wine selection, extensive. The decor is something out of the past. If you have no memories of the time, it just looks like a dark diner with out-of-place wood ceilings.Special Features:
- Always a TreatBen314Dined on 9/17/2014Everything was perfect - food and service simply cannot be beat. The steaks and all of the side dishes were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Dinner But.....dougaDined on 9/13/2014When I made the reservation I asked whether the Miami Spice menu was available & the woman said it was; when we arrived on Saturday we were told that the Miami Spice menu was only available during the week: BIG MISTAKE on the woman's part. Also, the corkage fee of $70 for a very large bottle of wine was pretty outrageous. The food and service was great but unfortunately we were a bit disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cookieDined on 9/11/2014enjoyed miami spice menu, food was very good, wait staff great.Special Features:
- other Palm restaurantssteakloverDined on 9/10/2014We've enjoyed dinning at the Palm for years. NYC LA.San Antonio... the Bal Harbor is the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visitVivianeDined on 9/10/2014We went back to the Palm to celebrate our anniversary. They had their famous lobster special for two and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Miamifrequentdiner1Dined on 9/10/2014Always great food. Lobsters Steak good service. Special occasions are better here. They make you feel you are welcomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dealBillybowtieDined on 9/10/20144lb. Lobster for two was dry and not sweet . Service was attentive sides were very good.
- Always AmazingMiamiMDined on 9/7/2014Go only a few times a year but have NEVER been disappointed. Food and service are super. Welcoming from the moment you walk in. Prices on the higher side but then again - you get what you pay for!!!Special Features:
- Very DissappointedNoneDined on 9/5/2014Been going to Palm since I was about 5. I am 60. lobster was 5 lbs and not hot or sweet. A few weeks ago we had a fabulous meal. Last night was simply awful. Salad was not like normal. Asparagus came over done and we sent it back! I should have said something, but I was with a possible client that I did not want to upset. I spent $250. I deserve a Gift card or some compensation. Iam very upset.
- The PalmRachelSDined on 9/1/2014This restaurant service was excellent and the food delicious. The fillet was melt in your mouth and the 3 lb. lobster wonderful and effortless to eat as the waiter opened claws. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and CrudeSelectiveDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014The folks at the next table felt compelled to shout at the top of their lungs at each other while at another table, a refined looking middle aged couple, felt compelled to use the "F" word in every sentence. A most "refined" bunch.
- Large but lacking flavorEatingisasportVIPDined on 8/31/2014Large portions but flavor lacking on some dishes. The portions are over sized the staff is plentiful but the flavor was missing the salads are per made and wiltedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's to add?JSeatsVIPDined on 8/30/2014The quintessential NY steakhouse. Big steaks, lobsters, cooked right, with all the proper accompaniments. When you're in the mood for the classic experience, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRECIOSOILEANAVIPDined on 8/29/2014PALM conserva su ambiente y estilo desde hace muchisimo tiempo y tiene un ambiente magico, pues en sus paredes esta la historia de sus Comensales, que eran caricaturizados por los Reporteros Graficos que asistian al restaurant y no podian pagar el importe de la comida, que es sin duda alguna exquisita. La atencion maravillosa y su ubicacion en Miami, perfecta. Lo recomiendo ampliamente.Special Features:
- Lobster heavenluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 8/26/2014Went for the summer lobster promotion. The 4 pound lobster was one of the best I've ever had. Although broiled, rather than steamed, it was extremely juicy (not to be confused with "soft shell" lobsters that contain a large amount of distasteful salt water), delicious, and was accompanied by a very nice salad and an excellent sauteed spinach. The server was very good, although he neglected to advise us of the other specials and promotions going on that night (eg Miami Spice).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Winner !nativeVIPDined on 8/26/2014Love it. Love the martinis...love the food and always spectacular service. Plus, it's fun !Special Features:
- rickwoolfDined on 8/23/2014It is rare not to experience both fine food and great service at the Palm Restaurant. Unfortunately, last Saturday both were lacking. Service was marginal, and the maître d' actually had another waiter start to take our order, when he observed our frustration waiting on our own waiter. The rolls were cold as if just removed from the refrigerator, and several tasted stale. All four of us had steamed lobsters which were overcooked. Our waiter said he would tell the cook. At the Palm you expect high prices, great food and great service. It was disappointing to only receive the high prices. The dining experience was in sharp contrast to Palm's usually exceptional standards, but it didn't make our dining any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlLuvyourlobstersDined on 8/21/2014It is always a special event when we dine at The Palm on Nova Scotia lobster with our friends! Many thanks for a great time. CarlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a classic everywhereceryVIPDined on 8/20/2014once again no matter which one you go to, always great... If you want lobster, this is the placeSpecial Features:
- Always a treatSandidinerVIPDined on 8/20/2014We were lucky to dine at the Palm on a night when they were upgrading the lobster dinner for 2 to 5 lbs( from 4) at no extra charge. It was amazing. It included 2 salads, one side to share and the lobster. Everything was delicious. The other 2 guests in our party had the Miami Spice menu which included starters, entrees, individual sides, and dessert. They had veal chops which were generous in size and excellent. The service is professional, although it was very busy in the restaurant and our server had a lot of tables. We always enjoy dining at the Palm and will return soon.Special Features:
- A+ Steak & LobsterAlwayshonestfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Finally a Palm resturant that stands up to their name. Thank you Miami. Went to both locations in NYC and was so disappointed we almost gave up. So if you are in Miami, this is the best Palm to go to . The service and Food is on par with the Palm reputation. NYC- sorry, you are not! Had a 5lb lobster and 14 oz filet. Both were excellent!Special Features: