Palm Restaurant - Miami
9650 East Bay Harbor Drive
Bay Harbor Island, FL 33154Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Miami
- Phone: 3058687256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pablo Vargas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private room is available for parties of 10 to 20 guests. For more information, please call our restaurant directly or submit an online Private Dining Request at www.thepalm.com.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Meyer 3058687256
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Miami
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service & an atmosphere like nowhere else. What makes Palm Restaurant truly unique is our genuine old world hospitality & an atmosphere you just can’t find anywhere else. At The Palm… our dining rooms are a panorama of the classic cartoons & caricatures of Palm Restaurant regulars & local celebrities. Each room is filled with the hearty handshakes & warms smiles from our gregarious staff & familiar guests & always abuzz with a sea of conversation & laughter celebrating the best of everything. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (34)hot spot (18)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Dinner But.....dougaDined on 9/13/2014When I made the reservation I asked whether the Miami Spice menu was available & the woman said it was; when we arrived on Saturday we were told that the Miami Spice menu was only available during the week: BIG MISTAKE on the woman's part. Also, the corkage fee of $70 for a very large bottle of wine was pretty outrageous. The food and service was great but unfortunately we were a bit disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cookieDined on 9/11/2014enjoyed miami spice menu, food was very good, wait staff great.Special Features:
- other Palm restaurantssteakloverDined on 9/10/2014We've enjoyed dinning at the Palm for years. NYC LA.San Antonio... the Bal Harbor is the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visitVivianeDined on 9/10/2014We went back to the Palm to celebrate our anniversary. They had their famous lobster special for two and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Miamifrequentdiner1Dined on 9/10/2014Always great food. Lobsters Steak good service. Special occasions are better here. They make you feel you are welcomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dealBillybowtieDined on 9/10/20144lb. Lobster for two was dry and not sweet . Service was attentive sides were very good.
- Always AmazingMiamiMDined on 9/7/2014Go only a few times a year but have NEVER been disappointed. Food and service are super. Welcoming from the moment you walk in. Prices on the higher side but then again - you get what you pay for!!!Special Features:
- Very DissappointedNoneDined on 9/5/2014Been going to Palm since I was about 5. I am 60. lobster was 5 lbs and not hot or sweet. A few weeks ago we had a fabulous meal. Last night was simply awful. Salad was not like normal. Asparagus came over done and we sent it back! I should have said something, but I was with a possible client that I did not want to upset. I spent $250. I deserve a Gift card or some compensation. Iam very upset.
- The PalmRachelSDined on 9/1/2014This restaurant service was excellent and the food delicious. The fillet was melt in your mouth and the 3 lb. lobster wonderful and effortless to eat as the waiter opened claws. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and CrudeSelectiveDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014The folks at the next table felt compelled to shout at the top of their lungs at each other while at another table, a refined looking middle aged couple, felt compelled to use the "F" word in every sentence. A most "refined" bunch.
- Large but lacking flavorEatingisasportVIPDined on 8/31/2014Large portions but flavor lacking on some dishes. The portions are over sized the staff is plentiful but the flavor was missing the salads are per made and wiltedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's to add?JSeatsVIPDined on 8/30/2014The quintessential NY steakhouse. Big steaks, lobsters, cooked right, with all the proper accompaniments. When you're in the mood for the classic experience, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRECIOSOILEANADined on 8/29/2014PALM conserva su ambiente y estilo desde hace muchisimo tiempo y tiene un ambiente magico, pues en sus paredes esta la historia de sus Comensales, que eran caricaturizados por los Reporteros Graficos que asistian al restaurant y no podian pagar el importe de la comida, que es sin duda alguna exquisita. La atencion maravillosa y su ubicacion en Miami, perfecta. Lo recomiendo ampliamente.Special Features:
- Lobster heavenluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 8/26/2014Went for the summer lobster promotion. The 4 pound lobster was one of the best I've ever had. Although broiled, rather than steamed, it was extremely juicy (not to be confused with "soft shell" lobsters that contain a large amount of distasteful salt water), delicious, and was accompanied by a very nice salad and an excellent sauteed spinach. The server was very good, although he neglected to advise us of the other specials and promotions going on that night (eg Miami Spice).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Winner !nativeVIPDined on 8/26/2014Love it. Love the martinis...love the food and always spectacular service. Plus, it's fun !Special Features:
- rickwoolfDined on 8/23/2014It is rare not to experience both fine food and great service at the Palm Restaurant. Unfortunately, last Saturday both were lacking. Service was marginal, and the maître d' actually had another waiter start to take our order, when he observed our frustration waiting on our own waiter. The rolls were cold as if just removed from the refrigerator, and several tasted stale. All four of us had steamed lobsters which were overcooked. Our waiter said he would tell the cook. At the Palm you expect high prices, great food and great service. It was disappointing to only receive the high prices. The dining experience was in sharp contrast to Palm's usually exceptional standards, but it didn't make our dining any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlLuvyourlobstersDined on 8/21/2014It is always a special event when we dine at The Palm on Nova Scotia lobster with our friends! Many thanks for a great time. CarlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatSandidinerDined on 8/20/2014We were lucky to dine at the Palm on a night when they were upgrading the lobster dinner for 2 to 5 lbs( from 4) at no extra charge. It was amazing. It included 2 salads, one side to share and the lobster. Everything was delicious. The other 2 guests in our party had the Miami Spice menu which included starters, entrees, individual sides, and dessert. They had veal chops which were generous in size and excellent. The service is professional, although it was very busy in the restaurant and our server had a lot of tables. We always enjoy dining at the Palm and will return soon.Special Features:
- A+ Steak & LobsterAlwayshonestfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Finally a Palm resturant that stands up to their name. Thank you Miami. Went to both locations in NYC and was so disappointed we almost gave up. So if you are in Miami, this is the best Palm to go to . The service and Food is on par with the Palm reputation. NYC- sorry, you are not! Had a 5lb lobster and 14 oz filet. Both were excellent!Special Features:
- Best Steak and LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2014Cant go wrong with this Palm. Great Steaks, Lobsters and Servers are great. Yes, its expensive but, well worth it. Get a 836 Membership.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legendary steaks, lobster & p ribFltvcrewDined on 8/16/2014Legendary steaks, lobster & prime rib perfectly cooked. Great side dishes too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tbone outstandingLuizDined on 8/15/2014Very good food but they need to improve the presentation of the food. Very noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same...DisgustedVIPDined on 8/14/2014The lobster was not cooked properly, the service was fair at best, and the spinach was swimming in sea of cream with no taste. The Palm is definitely resting on its reputation and not committed to a high quality product or experience any more.Special Features:
- Palm Perfect!Sugartime4Dined on 8/14/2014The Palm is prime for any occasion or just a great dinner... Real Caesar salad...WITH anchovies... extra on request... Steaks cooked perfectly... The rib veal chop was fabulous and the 4 pound lobster "special" for two, at $99, comes with lobster bisque or salad and those amazing sides (best creamed spinach, cottage fries, onion strings, brussel sprouts and mushooms... hard to choose so we had them all!) A single slice of carrot cake served our table of 5 with some left over! .. and the crème brulee which came on the Miami Spice menu was full size and delicious, served with fresh berries. Service is attentive and food is always top-notch!Special Features:
- DisappointingJerabaumVIPDined on 8/13/2014Not the same quality from years ago. The lamb was tough and the fish which was a sea bass was just over buttered. What a waste of fish. Other good steak houses in Miami like BLT steak in Miami Beach.
- YELP review posted 8/12/14MR1216VIPDined on 8/11/2014I have been frequenting the many different locations of The Palm for years - NYC, Las Vegas, Coral Gables and the Bay Harbor location, near where we live more often than any of the others. Last night we decided we wanted to take advantage of the Lobster Special that is happening in August only. As my husband loves The Palm's prime rib, which, by the way, he thoroughly enjoyed, we invited a friend to join us so i would have someone to share the 4 pound lobster special ($99 with 2 starters and 1 side dish). GREAT! deal IF the lobster was not tough, dry and tasteless. VERY disappointing. Not sure if it was due to the size of the lobster or the fact that we opted for broiled instead of boiled.Special Features:
- Love the Palm!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/10/2014Since moving to South Florida a couple of years ago, we have made the Palm a monthly destination for dinner. The steak is first rate, as is the seafood. The service is impeccable and the complimentary valet parking is a plus in the big city. Don't miss the clams casino and be sure to order a "half and half" with diner. Easily as good as New York City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/10/2014Steamed lobster was only ok.Salad was very good. The steamed lobster apparently was placed under the broiler, which made it too tough.
- 4tofuDined on 8/9/2014The Palm was as expected a fine dining experience. All aspects of the evening were top notch from the greeting through the coffee service. The wine list had some very nice selections only offered in establishments of its type. It is highly recommended for any occasion.Special Features:
- Special Treatment AlwaysObediahDined on 8/7/2014When reserving, requested a quiet table, and were given a private alcove - superb. Alsorequested a candle for a birthday dessert; waiter overheard that there were two birthdays in group and brought extra candle, with song. Very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great old standardAllanDined on 8/5/2014Food excellent as usual. Service very good but waiter appeared to have too many tables. Needs to be updated. Restaurant looks 40 years old and needs some changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatMiamiBeachDinerDined on 8/4/2014Love the 5 pound lobster special! The service is always amazing. And the atmosphere is fun and energetic.Special Features:
- VivianneVIPDined on 8/1/2014Expensive restaurant I went with my kids friends and each had the smallest portion of fiilrt mignon at 49 dlls a plate no side dish includedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Our waiter was very attentive to our needs and ensured no one went without any sustenance. We never had to ask for refills, extra utensils or to have our plates removed. And he offered an easy fix to our dessert dilemma by putting together a custom sampler. I was truly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyMainiacVIPDined on 7/30/2014Every dish was perfect! Steaks couldn't have been better - same for the Lobster. Dependable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is Hospitality Dead?FoodieDined on 7/27/2014"The Palm". It used to be enough to just say "The Palm",. Not so much anymore? We went to the Palm for dinner and were excited about the summer special lobster dinner. We go to the Palm a few times a year for my lobster fix. I usually eat a four pounder by myself. Since the "Summer Special" comes with two salads, I asked if I could get only one salad but a different one that was not part of the special. I was told "NO" that it would be an extra charge even if I had only one. Where's the hospitality? If you can put up with the waiters who at times make you feel they are doing you a favor to wait on you, and the crunchy green beans I asked for well cooked, you might get lucky and get a perfectly cooked lobster, or not? Fix the attitude !
- NYflashDined on 7/25/2014Consistent good food. Prompt seating. good professional waiter. Always a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place forever!VaviCDined on 7/24/2014The Palm can never disappoint. The service is impeccable and the food is to die for. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burned steakLuigiVIPDined on 7/19/2014Sirloin strip seemed small and was inspired and burned on ghe grill. Have had better steaks elsewhere. The 4 pound lobster looked like a two pounder. Was good. Garlic spinach was good and the fried potatoes and onions were not too greasy. Service was good.Special Features:
- LayneDined on 7/19/2014Best Lobster around!!! be sure to try their summer lobster special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.