Palm Restaurant - Miami
9650 East Bay Harbor Drive
Bay Harbor Island, FL 33154Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Miami
- Phone: 3058687256
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pablo Vargas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private room is available for parties of 10 to 20 guests. For more information, please call our restaurant directly or submit an online Private Dining Request at www.thepalm.com.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Meyer 3058687256
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Miami
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service & an atmosphere like nowhere else. What makes Palm Restaurant truly unique is our genuine old world hospitality & an atmosphere you just can’t find anywhere else. At The Palm… our dining rooms are a panorama of the classic cartoons & caricatures of Palm Restaurant regulars & local celebrities. Each room is filled with the hearty handshakes & warms smiles from our gregarious staff & familiar guests & always abuzz with a sea of conversation & laughter celebrating the best of everything. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (35)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (12)romantic (9)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- ConsistentBen314Dined on 10/18/2014No surprises here. Good food and great service. Favorite with the locals.Special Features:
- consistently great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Service exceptional. Tough to find but we'll worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/16/2014The service was good but not the usual standard I find here.Special Features:
- yonkersdebDined on 10/13/2014a mini version of the ny restaurant. a bit pricey. great for steak lovers. service excellent; waiter did not hoover but was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableBroncoVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have always enjoyed my dinners at The Palm. Food and service are top notch and some 20 years back I joined their 837 Club. However recent changes to the club rules now require that each individual spend $1000 per calendar year to receive the complimentary entree. Previously, one had only to go to the restaurant within 6 months of their birthday to get the award, so I doubt I will qualify for much in the way of future awards. As a result, I will not go as often, if at all, since for me it is about a 30 mile ride, one way, to get to the nearest Palm since they closed a much closer one several years ago. But, if you are close to a Palm restaurant, they are quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Superb experience!robinmiamiDined on 10/5/2014Everything we tried, from the wedge salad to the amazing entrees to the key lime pie was absolutely delicious! We moved south and haven't been in years, but the experience was just as good as I remembered. I'd been craving North Atlantic lobster, which is not that easy to find in Miami, and remembered how good it used to be, so we went. I was not disappointed! In fact, this place is definitely back on my list of favorites. Everyone in my party felt the same way I did, that it was one of the best meals we've had in a very long time!Special Features:
- the Palm is the BombFrequentDinerDined on 9/27/2014This was our third visit to the Palm and just gets better and better. Debbie has been our server all three visits and she really knows how to provide great service. We enjoyed the bone in NY strip for two and it was fantastic. The wine list has a great many values for any wallet. Highly recommend the crab cake and au gratin potatoes. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STLguyDined on 9/25/2014Food was awesome and so was bobby the bartender. Wedge was amazing. Carpaccio was good but not excellent.Special Features:
- Palm is a step into the pastHypKnowSisVIPDined on 9/22/2014We came in to taste the best steakhouse 3 years in a row via Miami Spice. My wife had the Veal Chop (not on their regular menu) and I had the Filet Mignon. The sides were adequate in size (wild mushrooms and the three cheese au gratin potatoes). The veal was good in taste (medium rare), but tough to work on the bone as the knife was not sharp enough. My steak was a bit of a disappointment as it came out slightly overcooked (past medium rare) and there was a chewy portion as if Spice takers were not getting prime cuts (even though the portioning was smaller). The plus is the wine selection, extensive. The decor is something out of the past. If you have no memories of the time, it just looks like a dark diner with out-of-place wood ceilings.Special Features:
- Always a TreatBen314Dined on 9/17/2014Everything was perfect - food and service simply cannot be beat. The steaks and all of the side dishes were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Dinner But.....dougaDined on 9/13/2014When I made the reservation I asked whether the Miami Spice menu was available & the woman said it was; when we arrived on Saturday we were told that the Miami Spice menu was only available during the week: BIG MISTAKE on the woman's part. Also, the corkage fee of $70 for a very large bottle of wine was pretty outrageous. The food and service was great but unfortunately we were a bit disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cookieDined on 9/11/2014enjoyed miami spice menu, food was very good, wait staff great.Special Features:
- other Palm restaurantssteakloverDined on 9/10/2014We've enjoyed dinning at the Palm for years. NYC LA.San Antonio... the Bal Harbor is the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visitVivianeDined on 9/10/2014We went back to the Palm to celebrate our anniversary. They had their famous lobster special for two and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Miamifrequentdiner1Dined on 9/10/2014Always great food. Lobsters Steak good service. Special occasions are better here. They make you feel you are welcomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dealBillybowtieDined on 9/10/20144lb. Lobster for two was dry and not sweet . Service was attentive sides were very good.
- Always AmazingMiamiMDined on 9/7/2014Go only a few times a year but have NEVER been disappointed. Food and service are super. Welcoming from the moment you walk in. Prices on the higher side but then again - you get what you pay for!!!Special Features:
- Very DissappointedNoneDined on 9/5/2014Been going to Palm since I was about 5. I am 60. lobster was 5 lbs and not hot or sweet. A few weeks ago we had a fabulous meal. Last night was simply awful. Salad was not like normal. Asparagus came over done and we sent it back! I should have said something, but I was with a possible client that I did not want to upset. I spent $250. I deserve a Gift card or some compensation. Iam very upset.
- The PalmRachelSDined on 9/1/2014This restaurant service was excellent and the food delicious. The fillet was melt in your mouth and the 3 lb. lobster wonderful and effortless to eat as the waiter opened claws. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and CrudeSelectiveDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014The folks at the next table felt compelled to shout at the top of their lungs at each other while at another table, a refined looking middle aged couple, felt compelled to use the "F" word in every sentence. A most "refined" bunch.
- Large but lacking flavorEatingisasportVIPDined on 8/31/2014Large portions but flavor lacking on some dishes. The portions are over sized the staff is plentiful but the flavor was missing the salads are per made and wiltedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's to add?JSeatsVIPDined on 8/30/2014The quintessential NY steakhouse. Big steaks, lobsters, cooked right, with all the proper accompaniments. When you're in the mood for the classic experience, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRECIOSOILEANADined on 8/29/2014PALM conserva su ambiente y estilo desde hace muchisimo tiempo y tiene un ambiente magico, pues en sus paredes esta la historia de sus Comensales, que eran caricaturizados por los Reporteros Graficos que asistian al restaurant y no podian pagar el importe de la comida, que es sin duda alguna exquisita. La atencion maravillosa y su ubicacion en Miami, perfecta. Lo recomiendo ampliamente.Special Features:
- Lobster heavenluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 8/26/2014Went for the summer lobster promotion. The 4 pound lobster was one of the best I've ever had. Although broiled, rather than steamed, it was extremely juicy (not to be confused with "soft shell" lobsters that contain a large amount of distasteful salt water), delicious, and was accompanied by a very nice salad and an excellent sauteed spinach. The server was very good, although he neglected to advise us of the other specials and promotions going on that night (eg Miami Spice).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Winner !nativeVIPDined on 8/26/2014Love it. Love the martinis...love the food and always spectacular service. Plus, it's fun !Special Features:
- rickwoolfDined on 8/23/2014It is rare not to experience both fine food and great service at the Palm Restaurant. Unfortunately, last Saturday both were lacking. Service was marginal, and the maître d' actually had another waiter start to take our order, when he observed our frustration waiting on our own waiter. The rolls were cold as if just removed from the refrigerator, and several tasted stale. All four of us had steamed lobsters which were overcooked. Our waiter said he would tell the cook. At the Palm you expect high prices, great food and great service. It was disappointing to only receive the high prices. The dining experience was in sharp contrast to Palm's usually exceptional standards, but it didn't make our dining any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlLuvyourlobstersDined on 8/21/2014It is always a special event when we dine at The Palm on Nova Scotia lobster with our friends! Many thanks for a great time. CarlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a classic everywhereceryVIPDined on 8/20/2014once again no matter which one you go to, always great... If you want lobster, this is the placeSpecial Features:
- Always a treatSandidinerDined on 8/20/2014We were lucky to dine at the Palm on a night when they were upgrading the lobster dinner for 2 to 5 lbs( from 4) at no extra charge. It was amazing. It included 2 salads, one side to share and the lobster. Everything was delicious. The other 2 guests in our party had the Miami Spice menu which included starters, entrees, individual sides, and dessert. They had veal chops which were generous in size and excellent. The service is professional, although it was very busy in the restaurant and our server had a lot of tables. We always enjoy dining at the Palm and will return soon.Special Features:
- A+ Steak & LobsterAlwayshonestfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Finally a Palm resturant that stands up to their name. Thank you Miami. Went to both locations in NYC and was so disappointed we almost gave up. So if you are in Miami, this is the best Palm to go to . The service and Food is on par with the Palm reputation. NYC- sorry, you are not! Had a 5lb lobster and 14 oz filet. Both were excellent!Special Features:
- Best Steak and LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2014Cant go wrong with this Palm. Great Steaks, Lobsters and Servers are great. Yes, its expensive but, well worth it. Get a 836 Membership.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legendary steaks, lobster & p ribFltvcrewDined on 8/16/2014Legendary steaks, lobster & prime rib perfectly cooked. Great side dishes too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tbone outstandingLuizDined on 8/15/2014Very good food but they need to improve the presentation of the food. Very noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same...DisgustedVIPDined on 8/14/2014The lobster was not cooked properly, the service was fair at best, and the spinach was swimming in sea of cream with no taste. The Palm is definitely resting on its reputation and not committed to a high quality product or experience any more.Special Features:
- Palm Perfect!Sugartime4Dined on 8/14/2014The Palm is prime for any occasion or just a great dinner... Real Caesar salad...WITH anchovies... extra on request... Steaks cooked perfectly... The rib veal chop was fabulous and the 4 pound lobster "special" for two, at $99, comes with lobster bisque or salad and those amazing sides (best creamed spinach, cottage fries, onion strings, brussel sprouts and mushooms... hard to choose so we had them all!) A single slice of carrot cake served our table of 5 with some left over! .. and the crème brulee which came on the Miami Spice menu was full size and delicious, served with fresh berries. Service is attentive and food is always top-notch!Special Features:
- DisappointingJerabaumVIPDined on 8/13/2014Not the same quality from years ago. The lamb was tough and the fish which was a sea bass was just over buttered. What a waste of fish. Other good steak houses in Miami like BLT steak in Miami Beach.
- YELP review posted 8/12/14MR1216VIPDined on 8/11/2014I have been frequenting the many different locations of The Palm for years - NYC, Las Vegas, Coral Gables and the Bay Harbor location, near where we live more often than any of the others. Last night we decided we wanted to take advantage of the Lobster Special that is happening in August only. As my husband loves The Palm's prime rib, which, by the way, he thoroughly enjoyed, we invited a friend to join us so i would have someone to share the 4 pound lobster special ($99 with 2 starters and 1 side dish). GREAT! deal IF the lobster was not tough, dry and tasteless. VERY disappointing. Not sure if it was due to the size of the lobster or the fact that we opted for broiled instead of boiled.Special Features:
- Love the Palm!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/10/2014Since moving to South Florida a couple of years ago, we have made the Palm a monthly destination for dinner. The steak is first rate, as is the seafood. The service is impeccable and the complimentary valet parking is a plus in the big city. Don't miss the clams casino and be sure to order a "half and half" with diner. Easily as good as New York City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/10/2014Steamed lobster was only ok.Salad was very good. The steamed lobster apparently was placed under the broiler, which made it too tough.
- 4tofuDined on 8/9/2014The Palm was as expected a fine dining experience. All aspects of the evening were top notch from the greeting through the coffee service. The wine list had some very nice selections only offered in establishments of its type. It is highly recommended for any occasion.Special Features: