Palm Restaurant - Los Angeles - Downtown
1100 South Flower Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Los Angeles - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Los-Angeles-Downtown
- Phone: 2137634600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony J. Cotroneo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Los Angeles - Downtown
The Palm - Los Angeles Downtown is located one block east of the Staples Center and housed in the historic Toy Center on the southeast corner of Flower and 11th Streets. The Palm provides seating for approximately 400 patrons and occupies 13,500 square feet. The Palm is renowned for prime beef, jumbo lobsters and authentic Italian fare and is open seven nights a week for dinner and weekdays for lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Palm Restaurant - Los Angeles - Downtown - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Palm Restaurant - Los Angeles - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)good for groups (49)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (23)hot spot (22)romantic (22)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good save!Travels2dineVIPDined on 10/16/2014My friend and I went for lunch after visiting the Grammy Museum and for a belated birthday celebration. I had ordered the Ahi Steak - RARE and my friend the Salmon, along with a side of Brussels sprouts. Her Salmon was perfect! My ahi on the other hand was not RARE and had to be re-done. The Brussels sprouts seemed underdone to me….but then I like them a little on crispy side. By the time my ahi was brought back, my friend had of course finished her meal. The save was that the second ahi steak was cooked RARE and to perfection! great flavor and texture! Why couldn't they have done it right the first time. Did they offer anything for the inconvenience--NO!Special Features:
- Great DinnerDanGDined on 10/12/2014This place is Fantastic !! Our meals were incredible, our server was Awesome....Great place to eat before a kings game and we got the win !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandmanDined on 10/10/2014Ambience very good for group outing. Food was very good, prepared just right, drinks were very good, wine list was good, although a bit on the pricey side, as was the food, but good time.Special Features:
- traditional power steak housetaitaiscraperVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great place to have private conversations - many booths to sit in. Great steak house that has wonderful side dishes too. Consistent and does not disappoint. Ambience of old power/hollywood days with the caricatures painted on the walls. Steaks and seafood are always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the concertGourmetSteveDined on 10/4/2014I chose The Palm because I enjoy the West Hollywood location and Downtown didn't disappoint. In fact I enjoyed the Downtown Palm better than W. Hlwd. The service alone deserves a Michelin star. The food was excellent and delivered in time to get to Staples Center without rushing our dining experience. I will make the trip just to dine there again.Special Features:
- The PalmFoodieforlifeDined on 10/4/2014Great food, excellent appetizers. Loved the creamed spinach and augratin potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA Live FriendlyFooddetectiveVIPDined on 10/1/2014The wife and I attended a concert at the LA Live venue and had a wonderful dinner at the Palm before the show. Located just across the street from the Staple Center and LA Live venues, the Palm is a wonderful alternative to Flemming"s Steak House and the other food venues. Prime beef, wonderful menu, steaks that are just as good as any other prime steak house. Excellent martinis and wine list. Casual to dressy. Any business day that is a non-LA Live/Staple Center event will not be a problem for seating, especially with Open Table. However, on major concerts or sports events, the place is packed, so plan accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Very nice ambiance and amazing food. The staff was very attentive and super friendly. It was a great place to go before heading out to a concert at the forum. It was very conveniently located to that area of LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2blessedDined on 9/19/2014The Palm is a favorite! The food and service are always excellent. It is a great place to take family, friends, clients or just steal away for a meal alone. My out-of-town guests always look forward to having at least one meal at the Palm.Special Features:
- LAOperaLAOperaDined on 9/18/2014Parking was easy and very friendly attendants. Food was very good, but the price was too expensive for the quality. Our server was friendly, but said "you guys" a lot - not too professional.
- Don't get bigger lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014Larger lobster was dry and not as flavorful as smaller lobster. Not worth extra money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014This was the 6th time that my wife and I have been at The Palm Restaurant, and each time has been a wonderful experience. Each time my wife and I have been there, we've ordered something new to eat. And, each time ended being a real culinary delight! The Downtown location is within walking distance to Staples Center, Nokia Theatre and LA Live, which makes it an ideal location. I can't speak highly enough about the service and food, which were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the lobster...ttttastytreatzDined on 8/30/2014AWESOME! Oh yeah, steaks are great too......................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hospitality Plus!KChaiDined on 8/30/2014When we discovered our party of 5 and a friend's party of 7 had made seperate reservations, coincidentally at the same time, the restaurant was more than accomodating and put us in a private "suite" for dinner. Service was attentive and spot on! Go Trojans, Fight On!Special Features:
- Delicious!SuperChickDined on 8/29/2014We took advantage of the lobster promotion. Everything was tasty and our server was very attentive. We had an awesome time.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningbeenthereDined on 8/24/2014We had an amazing evening at The Palm on Sunday. My husband and I don't have many opportunities to venture out of our neighborhood for dinner; and this was a special occasion. Hunter took great care of us from the beginning to the end of our meal. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014I'm a white male age 50. I've been to many steakhouses over the years in California and other states. The Palm was ok. The serving timing was way off for a 1/4 full restaurant. Appetizer were served and the salad was delayed way too long. I had to ask the server for a second (flagged down) drink. Secondly, if and my son ordered medium rare. Then one should not be rare and medium well. I spent $300.00 but not impressed. I'd rather have steaks at Scott's at Jack London Square.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Always great service and great food very accommodating.Special Features:
- AmazingBcanedoDined on 8/21/2014The food and service were outstanding and I cannot wait until I can go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night reviewFinestDined on 8/16/2014Been going to the Palm in W. Hollywood for 25 years and loved GG the ambience and more importantly the food! Downtown Los Angeles Palm was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT last Saturday. Night at 8:30 pm. Only about 8-10 tables so I thought it would be great. Wrong! Hunter insisted on the 2 person appetizer with 2lambchops 2 crab cakes. And calamari. OK we conceded and although the lamb chops were good.... The crab cakes were fishy and the calamari. Full of salt, we didn't. Eat either. Ordered rib eye and a filet which was very good, but Hunter forgot the Caesar salad and acted as if he thought we wanted it with our main course?? Worth desert and coffe the bill was 250.00 including a great tip, only bc they know us.
- Special ocassion delightramonaoVIPDined on 8/15/2014The New York steak and filet mignon were very good as well as the wedge salad. The service was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014Good, but not great for the price. Ribeye could use a little more seasoning but the steak was tender and potatoes cheesy.
- Excellent Service.watermelonDined on 8/15/2014All the times I have been to the Palm, I always have had excellent service not to say the food is delicious!!Special Features:
- Love The PalmDiahannDined on 8/15/2014Great food and drinks every time. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The downtown location is my all time fave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what it used to bejanieb1123VIPDined on 8/12/2014while I still love the ambiance at Palm restos I can't recommend it because the food is so mediocre. couldn't help but notice that the prices r still high. note to mgmt: portraits of pricey lawyers on wall r not edible. pls work on the kitchen. last three meals were so bad we've given up. won't be back
- Lunch never disappointsFastwithClassDined on 8/11/2014Been to Palm several times, usually for special events like birthdays, and the restaurant never disappoints. I generally order the lunch package. Salmon was perfectly cooked. I especially like the sauce and the mango salsa that accompany the entree. Nice people there too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always best lobster in town...BigAlDined on 8/9/2014always the best lobster in town... the stakes are okay they could be better..carrot cake is fantastic for dessert..wish it had better parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lobsterMammothMinkyDined on 8/7/2014The Palm, my go to place for special occasion and the LobsterSpecial Features:
- Excellent...againGoshayDined on 8/4/2014I'm a steak girl and when I want to treat myself or my love ones, I head over to the Palm. They did not disappoint and I even tried their salmon this time, "Blackend style" and it was super amazing. We had cocktails, Fuzzy Mango, that were out of this world. The whole evening was amazing!Special Features:
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014Overall great experience as usual. The food was good, service was good and staff all welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The palm is the bombSteveDined on 8/1/2014The Palm continues to be one of the stellar chain restaurants in the country. For seafood or beef and sides as well as fantastic salads that can't be beat. Try the GG salad. It borders on the unique it is very satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at The PalmRichDined on 7/31/2014Our party of 5 had a wonderful meal--Lobsters, Veal Parmesan, Sea bass and oysters were outstanding---server was great. Just have never had a bad meal at any Palm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor showOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Cold soup, had to ask for bread 3 times! Server too eager to clear table between coursesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014Everything is great at this landmark restaurant except for the fact that you have to pay for valet parking, which would be ok, if it didn't double if you stay at the restaurant for more than 3 hours.Special Features:
- Lobster timeRichDined on 7/26/2014Been going to The Palm for many years ---never had a bad experience at any Palm---love their lobstersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA Live FriendlyLADinerDined on 7/22/2014We choose the Palm for the location as it is walking distance to the Staples Center. The food was good and the service very helpful. Nothing over the top, but my husband was thrilled with the Lobster Bisque presentation.
- Always great!!Suef54Dined on 7/18/2014The Palm restaurants never disappoint..consistently GREAT food and service and always a treat! Love the food and always low it'll be a great time..and it is!Special Features:
- Best Steak & LobsterDamourDined on 7/13/2014Every chance we get to go to The Palm - we do! Not just for special occasions because going there IS a special occasion for us. The steaks are always cooked to perfection, the array of sides covers all possible urges even for a foodie! The lobsters are always delightful, cooked to perfection and then with some table side assistance to crack open the big claws - all I have to do is sit back and enjoy my gorgeous lobster - yum! The cocktails are crazy good - my new fav is the Sin City Kiss with vodka and PAMA pomegranate juice - a great buzz WITH antioxidants! LOL What could be better? The service is always professional and spot on. The managers watch like eagles over the entire dining room and keep the flow of things going smoothly. :-)Special Features:
- A Tender Six-Pound Lobster!ProfessorAbramsDined on 7/12/2014I don't know how they manage to broil a lobster that big and not have it come out rubbery. It was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent once againcadavevDined on 7/11/2014Food was great service was excellent was not disappointed. Overall just as good as palm las vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.