Palm Restaurant - Houston
Houston, TX 77057Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Houston
- Phone: 7139772544
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served Monday - Friday, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Dinner Served Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday, 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Saturday, 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Sunday, 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning a business or social affair, Palm is the place to celebrate your next great moment! Our Private Dining Room will accommodate up to 70 people and has a private bar and audio visual equipment. Our Mahogany Board Room is available for private events for groups up to 21.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Knobloch 7139772544
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Houston
Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service & an atmosphere like nowhere else. Voted “Best Steak House” by the Houston Press, Palm Restaurant has been a Houston tradition with its New York flair combined with Southern hospitality. Ask Palm about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
- Expensive but worth it! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2013Expensive but worth it! The food (5 lb lobter special) and service were fabulous (thank you Oscar)! Love the history of the Palm Restaurants. We had a very enjoyable dinner on the last night the Palm was open before they closed for their expansion.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013The food at the Palm restaurant was amazing! Our waiter was very attentive and ensured that all of our request were granted. I did not have wine but noticed a very notable wine list. The steak and pork chops are great, and the sea food was much better. The portions of lobster are similar to those of sea food restaurants in the northeast. My family and I did not frequent this restaurant before, but has definitely made my favorites list.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013Great food, great service can't wait for the renovations to be completed to go back.Special Features:
- Servers are sensitive to patrons'VirtuAlDined on 2/15/2013Servers are sensitive to patrons' needs and interface with kitchen/chefs to assure that food arrives as we specified and that the patron is satisfied. Food is excellent and food combinations are superb.Special Features:
- Pricey but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Great experience the waitress seemed to be a bit preoccupied but she was pleasant!Special Features:
- The Palm never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013The Palm never disappoints with their food. Our server seemed new, as my wife and I had never seen this fellow and we dine there monthly, and it showed. He was a little cheesy but serviceable. We love The Palm and will continue to dine there. Our favorite steakhouse in Houston, by far.Special Features:
- Overpriced. Many other restaurantsSpiderrollerVIPDined on 2/14/2013Overpriced. Many other restaurants have much better food.
- Another reason to love The Palm!Discerning2Dined on 2/14/2013Returning to The Palm for Valentines Day after spending New Years Eve with them was another treat. Unlike many restaurants that force you into a limited menu, then forces you to pay more, for less, The Palm has some special event items, but also allows you to purchase off the regular menu. This is one reason I far prefer The Palm over other notable restaurants for special occasions. I simply want access to the full menu, and do not feel it appropriate to be fleeced just because it is a notable Holiday. Our meal was wonderful, with both my wife and I ordering steaks. The wine was fantastic, and the service simply doesn't get better than The Palm. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- Always consistently good food.sgbooDined on 2/14/2013Always consistently good food. Good service. Great management ...Jennifer, Jimmy. Looking forward to dining at the new remodeled Palm.
- 5LB Lobster ---OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The 5lb lobster we ordered was ok, big but had no taste and was overcooked. Nothing to brag about. Side dishes ok as well. The service is absolutely outstanding. We went on Valentines Day so it was very busy and a little noisy but our waiter was excellent. Probably won't return for a 2nd visit. Way better food out there for the price!!Special Features:
- out with the old , in with the newOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I lived in houston for all my life and seen the Palm but never stopped in. I decided to take my wife in for valentines day and we really had a good time. The food was really excellent and wait staff was great. Yes it was a little pricie but i guess thats normal for a good steak and seafood place. Just before we finished we were told that the following Saturday was the last day for the restaurant to be open as it was being closed for 4 months. It is to be to torn down and rebuilt. Im sad to see the orriginal building go and wish I went sooner but i really look forward to the new and improved Palm.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate specialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2013Great place to celebrate special dates. Excellent food and friendly staff.Special Features:
- The Palm always has very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/12/2013The Palm always has very nice food. Our waiter and the staff were attentive. My husband had the special three course dinner which was very good and I oredered the Lobster tail ala cart. All was well prepared.Special Features:
- Thank you David !!!! WeFantasticVIPDined on 2/10/2013Thank you David !!!! We were celebrating Valentines day early because our friend was starting Chemo !! He created a perfect evening for all in our party. We will miss the Palm - but be back in July - but hope it will be still consistently good - staff cooks ....
- Great Saturday night outingBillDined on 2/9/2013Great Saturday night outing to celebrate a family milestone. Food and service were great. Detraction is that this restaurant seems to grossly overbook its reservations. After making the reservation 2 weeks ago, upon arrival there was no table ready for us, the place was a madhouse, people were getting shuffled all over the place. Rookie maitre'd: We got taken to a table, but it was one chair short, so back through the restaurant we walked to the front again. Then, we were taken to a booth that would have comfortably held 4 people, but we were 5, so the 5th guest had to sit in the aisle. To make matters worse, the table was absolutely the last one right by the food prep area and kitchen doors. C'mon Palm! You're a national chainSpecial Features:
- Consistently good. FriendlyMaryDined on 2/9/2013Consistently good. Friendly and helpful staff. Hope the "new" restaurant retains its ambience and service levels when it reopens in July.Special Features:
- I have been eating here forSleepdocDined on 2/8/2013I have been eating here for 30+ years and it has never failed to satisfy!!! Great dining and great service.Special Features:
- First time eating there. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/6/2013First time eating there. It was a wonderful experience. The staff was very attentive and the food was marvelous. i am hooked as a customer!!Special Features:
- I believe my reservation isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/3/2013I believe my reservation is for this sunday not last sundaySpecial Features:
- Lovely staff, delicious seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Lovely staff, delicious seafood and steaks. A great place for special occasions!Special Features:
- Joey is the manTKfishErWinDined on 2/1/2013Great steak wonderful service. To be served by Joey is a fantastic experienceSpecial Features:
- Our waiter was Hector andpepeVIPDined on 1/30/2013Our waiter was Hector and was great. Food and service is why we go.Special Features:
- food always good at The Palm theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/30/2013food always good at The Palm the downside is the noise level but we always try to book our reservation early to avoid the most diners and the high noise level
- Give your review a titlegourmayVIPDined on 1/27/2013Food was very good, service was quite attentive. Will be closing for renovations mid-February and reopening several months later.
- food great as always, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/26/2013food great as always, our server tries very hard to please, usually ask for the same waiter and he is very nice to us very noisy restaurant though, hope the remodel will mitigate the noise level
- The Palm is Houston is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/23/2013The Palm is Houston is a great place for great food, drinks and wine. It is a must visit for me when in Houston. The Palm has stood the test of time.Special Features:
- My first time there and itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013My first time there and it will be my last. The food was Terribly over-priced for what we ordered. Many more restaurants have equal quality food, similar ambiance and much lower prices.
- Love this place...intimatemassemailDined on 1/20/2013Love this place...intimate enough for a romantic dinner for two. The wait staff are personable and engaging. The lobster was cooked to perfection, as was the filet mignon. Sauted spinach was as fresh as it comes, the wine list was expansive and reasonably priced. My go to place when I want impeccable food and service.Special Features:
- Great food/good time.Pandasmom1VIPDined on 1/19/2013The food and service were, as usual, very good. Husband and I ordered from the special which was three course dinner for $49.95. I had the 20 oz vealchop which was cooked perfectly. He had the skirt steak and fries which was also cooked perfectly and was very tender. The bread pudding desserts were huge and we took one of them home. The only complaint was with the roasted beet and goat cheese salad which contained four tiny pieces of beet on a large bed of arugula. The salad was excellent but when you are going to feature beets in the name of the dish more of them should be included in the salad. This is usually our go to place for whole lobster but all of their food is typically excellent and The Palm is a really fun place to go.Special Features:
- This dinner was not our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2013This dinner was not our first dining experience at The Palm. We don't go often because it is not convenient to our area. Our table was available on arrival, our service was perfect and the food was excellent. I ordered a glass of wine that I decided that I didn't like, and when I decided to order a different glass, the waiter did not charge me for the first glass. I argued that it was my fault, but was told that my satisfaction was most important to them. The Palm is a long established Houston tradition that no one should miss.Special Features:
- Cajun Kevin is amazing. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013Cajun Kevin is amazing. We were absolutely entertained and delighted.Special Features:
- Steak & Lobster Supreme!FoodieVIPDined on 1/11/2013The Palm consistently shines in its food and service. We almost always have steak and lobster. I have always rated it the best lobster in town and will go nowhere else for lobster. The servers have been there for a very long time and are professional like you would find in New York. Cheers to Dario and Omar, the servers we ask for whenever we go. The bar scene is always fun and Bobby the bartender is the best!Special Features:
- Still a Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/7/2013We are regulars at the Palm and we have Arturo, Tino or Juan as our person depending on who is working that night. They all do a great job taking care of us. Love the 3lb lobster and the steaks. Most of all we love their frequent diner program called the 837 Club. Check it out. They are probably due for an interior refresh but that doesn't diminish the great food and service.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningZaraVIPDined on 12/31/2012We enjoyed a wonderful NewYear's Eve dinner at the Palm. The service was over the top, the atmosphere was festive, and the food was delicious. To our surprise there was a DJ that excited the room and we were able to enjoy dancing. It was a perfect evening!Special Features:
- My wife and I had dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012My wife and I had dinner at The Palm on New Year's Eve. Due to the increased holiday crowd, we had to wait 25 minutes past our 8pm reservation time. Had a drink at the bar which was quite busy. The 2 bartenders did a great job despite being overrun by bar patrons and filling orders for the wait staff. Thought the manager should have added another bartender or two to accommodate the crowd. Some folks decided to give up on ordering, after waiting so long, and that is lost revenue. Once we were seated, the service was quite good, the food arrived hot and at reasonable intervals. Overall a positive experience.Special Features:
- Have been eating here forsgbooDined on 12/31/2012Have been eating here for many years. You can count on it to be consistently good.
- The best of the bestDrEdDined on 12/31/2012We love this place, their steaks are the best I've ever had and the lobster is done to perfection. It is a bit pricey but worth every cent. The chocolate cake is sinful and I don't know if it could get any better than this, WoW.Special Features:
- Love The Palm!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012Been going to the Palm for years, I have NEVER been let down once...on this particular evening I had the Chilean Sea Bass, and my wife had the Filet Mignon, rare, and they were both succulent (we shared each others dinner). Kudos to our server Kevin for the recommendation for the Sea Bass, as it was my first time trying it (I've been berated for trying fish at a place known for steaks before!), and will definitely NOT be the last. the Seared Ahi, Crab cakes appetizers were just pure bliss, and the Creme Brulee was divine as usual. Must give some recognition to the manager on shift at the time for his new cocktail creation that we tried...WILL have that again (not on the menu, so you must ask the young manager for it!)Special Features:
- Slow start, good end.GregDined on 12/30/2012Upon arrival, it took a few minutes for the host to appear. Then, he took a phone call before welcoming us for our anniversary. After that, the service improved markedly. Our server and support waitstaff were very attentive, and dessert was kindly comped.
- happy birthday to me!staceygDined on 12/27/2012treated myself to a birthday lunch: lobster bisque, lobster tail. brian was a good waiter. a little disappointed the maitre d' didn't acknowledge my birthday (noted on the reservation) when seating me. i mentioned to brian that i wanted my birthday song after the waiters sang at another table. they sang for me, and gave me a free dessert - ny style cheesecake. yum. had a very nice time for my birthday.