Palm Restaurant - East Hampton
94 Main St.
East Hampton, NY 11937Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - East Hampton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/East-Hampton
- Phone: (631) 324-0411
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Victor Tapia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - East Hampton
The Palm at the Huntting Inn, located in picturesque East Hampton, New York was the sixth Palm to open after the original restaurant opened in 1926. The Huntting Inn is a beautiful Country Inn situated right on East Hampton's famous Main Street. The Palm has been located in the 300 year old building since 1980 and has been an East Hampton tradition ever since.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - East Hampton reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (10)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- With the Inn crowdChucksBucketListDined on 11/10/2014A great time plenty of parking great food quick service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceReginaKDined on 9/27/2014I 've made our reservation for 9 PM and we got there at 8:40. It was packed and honestly i wasn't sure if it was worth to wait. we waited for an hour and 15 minutes, which i believe absolutely annoying but eventually we got sited. The waiter was super professional and took our orders very fast.Me and my husband got steak for two which was OK. Iceberg salad was delicious with fried onion on top and Casino baked clams was outstanding. Overall the whole experience was OK but not Amazing.If you are in Hampton, I would rather go to Bobby Van's steak house instead,it is definitely so much better and they cook delicious steak and have a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- not worth the waitdisillusionedVIPDined on 9/27/2014Unfortunately, one of my favorite restaurants has become so oblivious to their reservation policy that it is no longer an enjoyable experience. the aggravation of overbooking and then fighting to be seated has taken al the joy of the food away. This is painful to write ,but it is more painful to show up and see a mob scene surrounding the maitre'd and pushing to be seated only to be told we are running 30 -45 minutes late.Special Features:
- RichardVIPDined on 9/19/2014mindless server. didn't pay attention. two of three orders wrong. served veal piccata instead of veal chop. served well done filet instead of medium rare. glass of wine forgotten. french fries instead of steak fries. did not run my 837 card either.
- Worst dining experience everduckydoVIPDined on 9/18/2014I can handle very slow service if the food is good when it arrives. Unfortunately, it was also terrible-fish so dry that choking was a real possibility.This has to be the worst food value on planet earth.
- Best of the Palm'slynnsurryVIPDined on 9/5/2014East Hampton Palm is always excellent. Usually a large number of regulars many who know each other so has a very clubby atmosphere.Special Features:
- A reliably good meal as alwaysbarbEHVIPDined on 7/28/2014This time we tried the seared tuna - what a delicious find! A lovely meal, but I don't understand why the Easthampton Palm is the ONLY one to not do the summer special.Special Features:
- The following 44 reviews are from the Palm Restaurant - East Hampton reviews archive.
- Traditional steakhouse charm.SJKMcVIPDined on 7/9/2014We have been coming to the Hamptons for years but never got around to trying the Palm. We are sorry we waited so long. The food was wonderful, the filet mignon was soft and perfectly done. The potatoes gratin was magnificent and that is coming from someone who makes her own. It was cheesy and hot and the potatoes were done to perfection. The service was impeccable, the kind where your every need is met yet they didn't hover over the table. I will make reservations again the next time we are in the Hamptons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- litenyclitenycVIPDined on 7/7/2014Always excellent at all palm locations but east Hampton probably best of the bunch. Excellent service amazing food and fun crowd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceladyGDined on 6/30/2014First time there....very very nice food excellent as was the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crazy nightlaurVIPDined on 6/29/2014they spilled coffee all over my white blazer. not so nice. they said they will pay the cleaning bill. i hope so . i hope it comes out . they could have bought us dessert something! i said buy me a drink at least and thats what they did . only me not my husbands. so weird. my jacket is covered in coffee from there busboys. they only wanted to know if the people that were sittting there did it or there help! who cares . it was covered. always loved it here till something went wrong. easy to be nice!!!!!
- Stay away in the summerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014GReat reliable restaurant. However, unless you like waiting stay away in the summer. We were seated 45 minutes late and the service was terrible. Why bother to make a reservation if it doesn't mean anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- barbEHVIPDined on 6/20/2014A wonderful dinner. The end cut was truly an end cut and delicious. We've learned to share because the portions are consistently oversized. Garret is our new favorite waiter. The Palm has its' summervibe on!Special Features:
- Birthday dinner successCooks4UVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our service was attentive and professional. Food as ordered and on time. We enjoyed a wonderful round table where our large party could enjoy a little bit of privacy and enjoy each other's company.Special Features:
- Consistently the Best!MorganVIPDined on 6/14/2014Consistently the best place to get Steaks and/or seafood. Though we were seated 30 minutes after the reservation, Andrew (Maître d') could not have been more gracious. The atmosphere is loud and energetic - incredible actually. The Prices are high but worth every penny.Special Features:
- We will be back...ManglesDined on 6/7/2014Food was delicious. We all ordered Filet Mignon at different temperatures and each one came out perfectly and served at the same time.Special Features:
- The place to go!EastBondiDined on 5/3/2014The Palm is always good! Steaks perfectly cooked, potato gratin delicious, service efficient and friendly. And The Palm in East Hampton seems to be the place everyone goes to - very busy each time we've been, with a lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good Service, But NoisySjpvacVIPDined on 4/26/2014You can always count on the food quality at the Palm and, with the exception of one blonde waitress, good service anytime you go. You can also count on a deafening roar once the evening gets busy so two out of three ain't bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014Excellent every time we go!! We enjoyed the dinner and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as usual from The Palm!!!allfour1Dined on 4/20/2014We never get let down when dining at the Palm. The service was fantastic and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is definitely is oneLucyannDined on 4/13/2014This is definitely is one of our favorite Palms. The service and food were wonderful. The staff was so helpful and friendly. We had our grandchild with us and they couldn't have more cordial. Also enjoyed staying at the Inn. Beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMelissatimDined on 3/31/2014We are local but have never stepped foot inside until now & it was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dan; our server; was on theTae4foodDined on 2/14/2014Dan; our server; was on the ball. Very helpful with my gluten issue. My wife and I will positivity going back and requesting DanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange---when we arrived,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014Strange---when we arrived, maitre'd said we should NOT have been allowed, as a two-top, to make reservations on Open Table, but that he would honor them anyway! Talk about feeing welcome! This attitude has been going on for years. He was nice to us after that, however.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsRandolphVernonVIPDined on 12/23/2013The Palm in East Hampton never fails to please. The steaks are perfectly cooked, the sides are terrific, and the wine list offers something for every taste and wallet. The chop house casual decor, while not elegant, is perfect for a festive time, and you and your kids can be loud and joyous without worrying about insulting someone. Service is attentive without smothering, and everyone, from the coat check person to the busboy, seems dedicated to your good time. Been going here for 15 years, and will continue to go for another 15 or more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceHappy2Dined on 12/22/2013We had a wonderful meal in this lovely restaurant. Lots if charm, excellent service. The steak was excellent and wonderful service. The only item we were disappointed in was the creamed spinach. Too creamy and originally came to table lukewarm. The donuts for dessert were a nice treat. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice nightbarrygVIPDined on 12/22/2013The restaurant was empty which made the dining experience nice. The steaks were good but still prefer Peter Lugars. My wife and have not been here for a long time. They charge for the sauces now which they did not the last time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and calm this time ofChipDined on 12/14/2013Nice and calm this time of year. We were seated right away at a very nice large booth, and we were a few minutes late. One of my best Palm experiences in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Norman Rockwell ThsnksgivingStuffedDined on 11/28/2013If you choose not to cook on Thanksgiving, and have a varied group, The Palm in East Hampton is a perfect choice. We were a party of nine; ages 8-88. 3 kids, 6 adults. There were only three in the group savoring a traditional turkey dinner, so knowing this...The Palm was the answer. Everyone was happy. Salads were crisp, fresh, well dressed and generous portions. The turkey dinner was delicious, and our meat lovers were delighted with great cuts of lamb chops and steaks; and all were happy to still feast on The Palm's famous creamed spinach and half n half frizzled onion rings and potatoe chips. Yum. We polished some excellent bottles on Pinot; a cozy setting of the inn; and really fabulous service and waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good as usual . ConsistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2013Very good as usual . Consistently good food and service. Reliable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hamptons PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2013The Palm is always exceptional. Great food and great service.Special Features:
- A gemBobbyjiVIPDined on 11/1/2013Whether in NYC or here in East Hampton, The Palm is a gem! Food and service combine to make a most satisfying dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot but not in the HamptonsLuv2dineVIPDined on 10/26/2013this is beautiful space gorgeous house below Hunting Inn. Saturday nights can be crazy night to review a restaurant but....just sayin'.... Crowded,noisy,wait 10 minutes for OpenTable reservation -not too bad. But it still boils down to is service and food. I found our waiter was so busy that he was particularly Brusque.Impatient when we tried to ask questions about the menu and about drinks and wine. Never starts my night out on good note. Frankly bus staff was more attentive and friendly. And I don't care where you go Hamptons or no Hamptons $35 +per plate the food should be excellent. My husbands steak well good was burnt on top could not figure that out-Daughters crabcakes tiny. Chilean Seabass no seasoning at all Shall not return.Special Features:
- phenomenal placejacobDined on 10/11/2013I loved the food and the service. You will never go wrong if you decide to eat here. Phenomenal!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- predictable....never disappoints...stevenVIPDined on 9/1/2013predictable....never disappoints....great food...better service..very accomodatingSpecial Features:
- Extremely Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/11/2013My friends and I have been 837 members for many years and this was by far the absolutely worst service ever. My friends ordered the "prime rib special". After waiting about 45 minutes they were told "we have good news and bad news". The "bad news" was that they didn't have any more rare prime rib. The "good news" was that they had decided to bring them some other cut of meat. Every step of the way for the evening consisted of flagging down our waiter. We even had to wait another 15 minutes or so just to get our credit cards back. The food was okay, but the service was absolutely awful.Special Features:
- The best Palm of all in theMontaukPPHDined on 7/7/2013The best Palm of all in the country. At over 20,000 Palm points, I have seen them all and this is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal.AmandaDined on 6/25/2013We had the lobster special for two, terrific deal. We also loved the great service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks and lobsters-UpwingerVIPDined on 6/2/2013Excellent steaks and lobsters- and first class vegetables. Service always very professional. Outstanding salads!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a fantastic time. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2013We had a fantastic time. We always do at The Palm. Food was great, service was amazing. We were able to secure a last min reservation on Open Table. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.