Palm Restaurant - Denver
1672 Lawrence Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Denver
- Phone: (303) 825-7256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marco Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Entertainment: Whether your visit is for business or pleasure or a bit of both, our special touches at The Palm are guaranteed to give you the best experience ever. Check our website for all of our happenings & events.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Denver
Located in the Westin Denver Downtown Hotel (formerly the Westin Tabor Center) overlooking the Rocky Mountains, The Denver Palm has proved that its "Mile-High" location has maintained the same quality in food and service that the original Palm set the standard for so many years ago.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Palm Restaurant - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)great for lunch (28)good for groups (27)notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (27)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- I was so under impressed with the Palm.33anniversaryDined on 11/14/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary. I was very excited because we had gone there a couple of years ago and it was great. This time we ordered the 14oz steak and asparagus fritters and lobster bisque soup. There was nothing that we enjoyed. The bisque has very little lobster and zero flavor. The steak showed up on a huge plate and nothing else but a sprig of parsley. It was cooked correctly but there was just nothing there. We had to add salt just to have any flavor at all. Our fritters were good but all the juice was left on the serving platter so that was our fault. Although since the server put the asparagus on our plates he should have at least said something. I was very sad that my husband went to all the trouble to surprise me and it was a dud.
- Not BadKennyDined on 10/30/2014Service could not be beat. Ambiance was nice . . . as one would expect from The Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatFoodCriticVIPDined on 10/30/2014This time it was a business lunch as opposed to an evening feast, so different menu items, iced tea instead of wine and less time. Nevertheless, Palm delivered as it always does. Great lunch choices, extraordinary service, well prepared and executed. Always a winner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/28/2014if you want typical good stek food restaurant fair nothing unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceKhackVIPDined on 10/21/2014Food was great. Service was awesome,our server Daniel was the best. We had 19 for dinner and they did a great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic SteakhouseGalacticHeroDined on 10/18/2014The Palm is a steakhouse institution and lives up to its name. The food and service were top notch as always. It's always such a pleasure to spend my birthday there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedtravellerDined on 10/11/2014Steaks not prepared as we asked (very rare, nor medium), took a long time and they were not busy, no excuse.Special Features:
- Too expensiveAlaskan1911Dined on 10/9/2014$49 for an 8 ounce filet is ridiculous and excessive. The service was good and so was the ambience. Desert menu offered the normal variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service and FoodGuitrslvDined on 10/8/2014The entire service team was great. It started from the manager greeting us at the door on down to the servers and server assistants. All of our needs were met before we asked for them. The food was great as always. Something about the steaks at the Palm are the best. We will always go back when we are in downtown Denver.Special Features:
- Just not stacking up to past visitsTBRSKIVIPDined on 9/28/2014The service was fantastic, but the food was so so... I had to send my lamb back twice so it was medium-rare, and it had a unusual smell to it, not the great flavor I was used to. My wife had a 3 lb lobster, she was served a female lobster loaded with roe, why wouldn't they tell us this ahead of time, is this normal? We won't be back any time soon...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Fabulous dinner ...we love going every year for my now fiance birthday. ..we will continue the tradition for our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PalmPalmFanDined on 9/27/2014The Palm has a great menu, especially the steaks...they are outstanding! The service is always top notch! My favorite place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very good this timeMadMikeDined on 9/27/2014I have dined at the Denver Palm many times but not recently and have always been very pleased. No so with a recent experience on Saturday September 27. The food just wasn't very good. I had lamb chops which I have always said were the best in Denver. They sure weren't on Saturday. My wife and our guest both had broiled swordfish and it was not up to normal standards. The sides were ok, not great and one was wrong but it was so late into the meal when I got it that I didnt bother. Something has obviously changed in the kitchen and or management. The place wasn't half full at 7:00pm Saturday. Guess I didn't get the memo.Special Features:
- Love it !ChuckVIPDined on 9/17/2014We love the Palm and the Palm people! In Denver for business, stopped by the Palm and it felt like home. Great rib eye and half 'n half combo. THANK YOU ALL !Special Features:
- LO DO DENVER BEST RESTAURANT!EddietheaDined on 9/11/2014The food, whether steak, Italian, or seafood you will find the PALM the best. They have lobsters, salmon, ahi tuna, steaks, rack of lamb, and many many more great dishes. The management strives to make this Denvers best; and, in my opinion they have succeeded ! Cathy and Bryan do an outstanding job of seeing that everything runs smothly. Each guest is greeted very warmly. The service people are very experienced and professional. Very few places can compete with their wait staff. Many have been there a long time. The wine list is the best I have seen in Denver, with many imported wines to chose from. We lean toward French wines, whether white or red.Special Features:
- Succulent Dinner; Excellent ServicenowsthetimeDined on 9/4/2014Complimentary 2 glass champagne to celebrate our Anniversary. This led us to order a bottle of Ferrari Rose , which went well and accentuated the juicy, scrumptious buffalo ribey (for me) and 3inch thick halibut (for wife). Thank you Scott for great service,engaging conversations and helpful insight to the meal, champagne, food preparations , and overall an enjoyable evening - 9/4/14 Recommend: take your time to enjoy the scene, drinks, meals, and have conversation with people servicing. Stretch the evening out and enjoy.Special Features:
- As expected!lovegoodfoodVIPDined on 9/3/2014I have been to the Palm many times, the food and service are both always exceptional. While it is pricey, which I expected, $4.50 for a miniature diet coke is a bit ridiculous.Special Features:
- Casual Elagance!LoyalfanVIPDined on 8/30/2014We hosted some friends for dinner and caught the tail end of the Lobster Fest! We paired that with the Bone in filet's and a bottle or two of Chimney Rock! We started out with Oysters on the half shell followed by the wedge and extra blue cheese! Amazing Dinner! Key Lime Pie as our chaser! Todd took fantastic care of us as always! He's our favorite but any of the staff are Great, Brett or John! Brain is always making sure everything is perfect! The Evening was memorable!Special Features:
- The best steak in townGailVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had blue point oysters which are not on the menu which were perfect. The filets were perfect. Wish the plates were hotter a la Shanahans, but we always enjoy our meals at the Palm. Seven layer chocolate cake was moist and delicious.Special Features:
- PerfectWilandSyl2Dined on 8/24/2014Every time I we go there is awesome, service, food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionPalmsup0822Dined on 8/20/2014You can't beat the food and drinks at The Palm. It ain't intimate but it sure is fun. Cannot beat the lobsters!Special Features:
- Continued great experiencesCJT1970Dined on 8/17/2014We don't get to the Palm often enough, but when we do, we really enjoy the steaks, seafood, sides and salads. Great place to stop after a Rockies (Summer) or Avalanche (Winter) game. Had the Bone-in Filet this time! Great!Special Features:
- Awesome!CanesGirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014What a great meal! Our party of three enjoyed a 6 lb lobster for two and the buffalo steak. The food was fabulous and the lobster was a monster -- but extremely tender and tasty!Special Features:
- Lobster Fest!therealistVIPDined on 8/16/2014We took advantage of their summer lobster special which was delicious. Lobster was well cooked, cracked for us and served with melted butter. The atmosphere is very "clubby" with white tablecloths, dark booths and while the vibe is energetic it is not so loud that you can't hear your dinner partners. A few improvements could have been made on the sides - Caesar salad was perfectly dressed but was a bit wilted as if it had been tossed an hour earlier and Brussel sprouts were undercooked. Hash browns were excellent - crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. The Palm is a special occasion restaurant due to the price so I expect more out of them on the details. Worth going to for a lobster fix before the summer is over.Special Features:
- Nice Ambience, Good FoodLsk0334Dined on 8/16/2014We dropped into the Palm before catching a play at the Buell. Great location for everything downtown, and the menu/wine list is extensive. I split the 4 pound Nova Scotia lobster with my wife which was a very good deal. We got a salad and one side to share included in the price. I had the wedge salad which had a terrific flavor. Wife had the caesar which she loved..The brussel sprouts were a bit undercooked, but the lobster was wonderful. Way more than enough lobster meat. Service was good, and the giant piece of chocolate cake at the end more than fed 4 people.Special Features:
- Eat at the BarOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014The Palm is still one of our absolute favorite places to eat in Denver. The steaks; salad; bread; fried onions; scalloped potatoes - me or my. But the best thing is the bartenders. Michael (formerly featured in 5280) and Chad are the two best bartenders ANYWHERE. Once they've met you they know your name - your drink - and you're never going to want to eat anywhere else in the place besides the bar.Special Features:
- It's The PalmMurphyDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I really enjoyed every course! A little higher priced than we would typically go for, but the food was wonderful and the service was great!Special Features:
- Lobster feastMarkDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I split the five pound lobster special. Ummm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch experience!Jacks1099Dined on 8/7/2014The Palm is an excellent place for a business lunch. Varied menu to satisfy everyone, great food, and excellent service. We were able to enjoy a relaxed lunch and get out in just over an hour. Power lunch special is a great deal but a lot of food; salads are excellent; and the daily special offers something unique.Special Features:
- Bone in filetPoolguydonDined on 8/5/2014My daughter took me to dinner with her boyfriend,I ordered the bone in filet and it was not worth the amount that was charged.The cut was not properly trimmed and was kind of tough.The kids ordered the large filet and that was very good,I order that cut of meat when ever available,Dels and Flemings is outstanding for that cut.
- Wonderful place to dine123eatDined on 8/4/2014The restaurant is clean and stylish. All staff was friendly, the particular service for a group of 20 was outstanding and the food was cooked to perfection!! I have been to this restaurant twice with two different large groups and both times were a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend it - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a business dinner.businessDined on 8/4/2014We were seated on time (according to our reservation). The noise level was quiet enough we could hear each other around the table. Our waiter Luis was prompt, polite and pleasant. We were taken care of very well.Special Features:
- Like We Wouldn't Notice?macallan18grVIPDined on 7/29/2014We ordered the 5 pound Lobster special to share. Not inexpensive. It came out with 5 pound lobster claws (huge) but 2 pound lobster tails...the claws were 'detached and separate' from the body/tails. Obviously a switch was made in the kitchen. I have had big lobsters and know what they should look like! Like we wouldn't notice? Really, guys? My wife insisted that I not make a fuss, but...Buyer Beware!
- The following 1315 reviews are from the Palm Restaurant - Denver reviews archive.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014It's been many years since I had been to The Palm. My last memory was a fantastic one but unfortunately the best thing we received was service. The food was nothing fantastic and in my opinion not worth the price tag. I was very disappointed especially since I had talked up the restaurant on its food and atmosphere to our friends that joined us for the evening. I will say the service was great but the food - not so much.
- Not what it used to beFoodloverDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to the Palm for our anniversary. He had been in the past and I had never been. His swordfish was tough, my chilean seabass was cooked perfectly. My husband commented that it was not as clean and shiny as it was in the past and the wait staff were not as polished. I agree they looked rather sloppy in their poorly fitting beige Palm blazers. The female with longer hair should consider wearing their hair up off their shoulders where their hair is not moving close to food. I was apparent that the Palm used to be some place special to the diners with their caricatures on the wall but it is now kind of an "antique." We are not likely to go back.Special Features:
- DisappointmentBertDined on 7/12/2014After several positive experiences at the Palm, we were highly disappointed with the service and quality of food. For nearly $500.00 for 4 people, we expected more than a $12.00 for a bowl of tasteless mush (brussel sprouts), and a $47.00 filet that was overcooked and tasteless. Completely marginal. What we told our guests was the best restaurant in town prove us liars.
- AwesomeThegradDined on 7/9/2014I cannot remember our waitresses name but she was absolutly amazing. My aunt, sister and I are visiting denver on vacation and went to the palm to celebrate my little sister graduating high school. Our waitress was kind and made sure we had everything we needed without being annoying. And gave us a desert on the house to celebrate. It was a wonderful experiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmartin80016martinDined on 7/4/2014This is our favorite place in Denver. the Wait Staff is wonderful, the food is terrific. I would recommend The palm to everyone.Special Features:
- JillyDined on 7/4/2014I am a foodie and culinary school graduate/ The meal was wonderful and a gourmet's gastronmic delight. Service was impeccable and the vies were great for downtown dining. i definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner & fabulous serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014We took our friends for a birthday celebration. My friend and I had the lobster special and our husbands had the veal martini and veal parmesan. Everything was delicious. At the end of our dinner our server and staff sang Happy Birthday to my friend and brought her a lovely dessert. It was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.