Palm Restaurant - Denver
1672 Lawrence Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Denver
- Phone: 3038257256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marco Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Entertainment: Whether your visit is for business or pleasure or a bit of both, our special touches at The Palm are guaranteed to give you the best experience ever. Check our website for all of our happenings & events.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Denver
Located in the Westin Denver Downtown Hotel (formerly the Westin Tabor Center) overlooking the Rocky Mountains, The Denver Palm has proved that its "Mile-High" location has maintained the same quality in food and service that the original Palm set the standard for so many years ago.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Palm Restaurant - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Palm Restaurant - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)notable wine list (33)good for groups (28)great for lunch (27)fit for foodies (24)romantic (24)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014It's been many years since I had been to The Palm. My last memory was a fantastic one but unfortunately the best thing we received was service. The food was nothing fantastic and in my opinion not worth the price tag. I was very disappointed especially since I had talked up the restaurant on its food and atmosphere to our friends that joined us for the evening. I will say the service was great but the food - not so much.
- Not what it used to beFoodloverDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to the Palm for our anniversary. He had been in the past and I had never been. His swordfish was tough, my chilean seabass was cooked perfectly. My husband commented that it was not as clean and shiny as it was in the past and the wait staff were not as polished. I agree they looked rather sloppy in their poorly fitting beige Palm blazers. The female with longer hair should consider wearing their hair up off their shoulders where their hair is not moving close to food. I was apparent that the Palm used to be some place special to the diners with their caricatures on the wall but it is now kind of an "antique." We are not likely to go back.Special Features:
- DisappointmentBertDined on 7/12/2014After several positive experiences at the Palm, we were highly disappointed with the service and quality of food. For nearly $500.00 for 4 people, we expected more than a $12.00 for a bowl of tasteless mush (brussel sprouts), and a $47.00 filet that was overcooked and tasteless. Completely marginal. What we told our guests was the best restaurant in town prove us liars.
- AwesomeThegradDined on 7/9/2014I cannot remember our waitresses name but she was absolutly amazing. My aunt, sister and I are visiting denver on vacation and went to the palm to celebrate my little sister graduating high school. Our waitress was kind and made sure we had everything we needed without being annoying. And gave us a desert on the house to celebrate. It was a wonderful experiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmartin80016martinDined on 7/4/2014This is our favorite place in Denver. the Wait Staff is wonderful, the food is terrific. I would recommend The palm to everyone.Special Features:
- JillyDined on 7/4/2014I am a foodie and culinary school graduate/ The meal was wonderful and a gourmet's gastronmic delight. Service was impeccable and the vies were great for downtown dining. i definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner & fabulous serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014We took our friends for a birthday celebration. My friend and I had the lobster special and our husbands had the veal martini and veal parmesan. Everything was delicious. At the end of our dinner our server and staff sang Happy Birthday to my friend and brought her a lovely dessert. It was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "One Girl" Night Out at the PalmgoodfoodloverDined on 7/3/2014Many years ago, my husband and son, celebrated my husband's completing his MBA by driving to Chicago and dining at the Palm. The food and service was excellent; and we have always discussed returning someday to the Palm. This week, while attending the NEA RA in Denver, I was pleasantly surprised to find a Palm restaurant attached to my Westin hotel. I treated myself to an evening dining alone at the restaurant and the service and food were outstanding. Everyone, from the hostess to my waitress to the lady refilling my water glass, was super attentive; and from the lobster bisque to the tender filet to an ending of creme brulee, I couldn't have asked for a better meal. My son and husband were envious that they missed out on the experience.Special Features:
- Great experiencesteak4meDined on 6/30/2014We had a large group and they did a great job. Food was very good. Specials were excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodACampDined on 6/20/2014The food is always delicious. I enjoyed the Petit Filet this time. Plus salad and sides..... Key lime pie. It's always a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GREATKCDinerVIPDined on 6/19/2014From City to City, the Palm has never let us down. The steaks are great, but the seafood and sides are jus as goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014My wife and I went to the Palm Restaurant for lunch. The soup was great as was the crab cakes. However, their lunch special for the day was "chicken fired steak" which absolutely is NOT their specialty. Not the worst I've ever had, but certainly far from the best and it didn't make me want to come back and try it again any time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best lobster and always funFoodCriticVIPDined on 6/15/2014Palm is known for lobster - and it really is the best anywhere not in New England, but the rest of the menu there is worth exploring as well. Salads, veal, bison ribeye, great desserts. All in all a consistent winner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayDavid1415Dined on 6/7/2014I told the restaurant in advance it was my wife birthday. they acknowledge it when we arrived. But, no piece of cake or candle was offered at desert time. only menu for me to order a desert. Bill was over $200 I thought that was tacky.Special Features:
- ExcellentBudsDined on 6/1/2014One of the best meals and great service. I highly recommend if entertaining for business or a nice place to take a special friend.Special Features:
- MorelesDined on 6/1/2014Hash browns came out burnt. sent back 2 steaks out of 4. One well done ordered medium. Other ordered medium came out very raw. Manager did take care of but was not good experience We love the Palm in San AntonioSpecial Features:
- So soSchultz132VIPDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I went there for a late night after event snack and glass of wine. The waiter was snooty and my husband thought his shrimp app was not cooked properly or the shrimp was bad. Not my favorite visit.Special Features:
- TammyDined on 5/23/2014Our dinner at The Palm was outstanding. What a nice treat for dinner.Special Features:
- nice experiencenydollDined on 5/13/2014Enjoyed food although clams oreganta should have been cooked more. Knowlegable and super nice waiter named Nathan. It was a nice meal but not extraordinary. Prices high and was expected like all other high end steakhouses.Special Features:
- BillDined on 5/11/2014A dining experience worth remembering. The service was superb.Special Features:
- The PalmMurphy1Dined on 5/10/2014Every time I have been at this restaurant I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. Great wine, food, desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Everything we ate at the Palm from bacon-wrapped scallops to our filet mignon was amazing! I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Always deliciousGalacticHeroDined on 5/9/2014A friend was flying in from from New York to see a show with us (yes, flying -from- NY to DEN for a show!) The Palm is conveniently places just a shuttle ride from the Paramount and we've never been disappointed in the meals there. This was no exceptions. The steaks were a wonder as usual and the Caesar salad top notch.Special Features:
- You can count on the PalmSatisfiedVIPDined on 5/2/2014The Palm doesn't vary in the quality of food served or the service. You can always count on this being true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above & Beyond!MichellePDined on 4/29/2014When our dinner group expanded from 8 to 18, the staff at Palm - Denver went out of their way to accommodate our party, placing us in a private dining room. This allowed us to easily converse with one another and added to what we already knew would be a great dining experience. From the private events manager, Wendy, to our head server, Ali, the level of service was outstanding!! Thank you for making this important business event for us one that we and our clients thoroughly enjoyed!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2014Service was not good. Reserved a table a month in advance and was given a terrible table. Asked to move and was told they were busy and made me and my guests feel like we were inconveniencing them. Meals came at same time as soups and salads. Was told "sorry these all came out at the same time - we're really busy" and they left it all. Server was not friendly acted like he just wanted to turn the table. Not great dining experience.
- Fabulous eveningSusanDined on 4/25/2014The food is unbelievably expensive, but incredibly delicious. Our superb server, Scott, was so great, knowledgable, and helpful The atmosphere is very urbàn, comfortable and fun. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Another great visit to the PalmCJT1970Dined on 4/20/2014We eat here regularly and always enjoy our meals at the Palm (Denver and other locations). The staff is always friendly and definitely within walking distance from events around the downtown area (Cultural, Sports, Conventions).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchCaleyDined on 4/20/2014The food we ordered needs improvement but the dessert were delicious. My granddaughter is a vegetarian and wanted pasta but her order was declined. She ordered French fries she only ate few I asked her to eat more she said its not good.
- Palm is always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014Everything is so fresh tasting, the fish tasted like the ocean not fishy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner FeedbackcheguevaraDined on 4/16/2014Limited choice in wines by the glass. Food so so - had to return my Cesar's salad,and my lobster bisque had way too much dairy in it. Also quite pricey, especially for the quality of food served.
- Lunch this time aroundDenverDinerVIPDined on 4/14/2014As always this a great spot for an excellent steak or a great steak salad for lunch!Special Features:
- The following 1283 reviews are from the Palm Restaurant - Denver reviews archive.
- Birthday celebration1oldcoachDined on 3/26/2014We came to celebrate my wife's birthday at the Palm. Luis was our server & he understood that we wanted a relaxed, leisurely meal. He provided menu suggestions& gave us more than adequate time between courses- finishing up with a tasty complementary dessert. Many thanks for a memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a playJimboVIPDined on 3/23/2014We had yet another wonderful dinner at The Palm. My 3 lb lobster, lobster bisque soup and Caesar salad were excellent. My wife's steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceGSmithDined on 3/22/2014I eat at many high end restaurants around the country every year. I enjoyed my dinner very much, not because the food was great, but because the service was excellent! Five stars for all of the wait staff, but more importantly to Michael, our waiter who was patient and kind to our large group. I will definitely go back to Palm again. It is one thing to have a nice meal, but it is even better to be cared for and treated well.Special Features:
- Disappoining EveningLarrydermVIPDined on 3/22/2014Although the food was up to standard, the service was poor. When it took an hour for the salads to arrive, the waiter offered another round of drinks and then shrimp cocktail on the house. Another delay occurred before the main courses came. The waiter realized that the kitchen had messed up. As a result, the entire bill was canceled, much to our surprise and appreciation. An off-night.
- Great surprisemommaDined on 3/22/2014The mixture of foods within each entree was remarkable; the server helped us to understand the foods and made great recos, from tasty drinks, appetizers and entrees. If we could have fit dessert, there were some marvelous choices for that too! A bit pricey but worth every penny for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not A Good Anniversary ExperienceLuvFoodDined on 3/15/2014We love the Palm in most cities and are members of the 837 Club. Our expectations were high because the Palm is known for its' outstanding food and service. We were celebrating our 17th anniversary and noted that on the reservation. Our regular dining experience at a Palm is very good so we expected even more for our special occasion. We were seated in a small booth in a heavy traffic area which was not ideal. Our waiter didn't introduce himself and had only been with the Palm 2 months and was not very seasoned. He mentioned our anniversary when he first came over but in the past we've had dessert comp'd or at least they would write "Happy Anniversary" on the dessert. We were very disappointed with how the evening turned out.
- Palm has gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/11/2014We have been celebrating special occasions at the Palm for many years and this was such a bad experience that we won't ever go back. And since the restaurant was practically empty, I don't think my experience of a bad evening in every way is unique!
- Excellent food and serviceTBearVIPDined on 3/8/2014Excellent food and service with a unique ambiance created by caricatures.I would recommend this to a friend.