Palm Restaurant - Denver
1672 Lawrence Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Denver
- Phone: 3038257256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marco Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Entertainment: Whether your visit is for business or pleasure or a bit of both, our special touches at The Palm are guaranteed to give you the best experience ever. Check our website for all of our happenings & events.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Denver
Located in the Westin Denver Downtown Hotel (formerly the Westin Tabor Center) overlooking the Rocky Mountains, The Denver Palm has proved that its "Mile-High" location has maintained the same quality in food and service that the original Palm set the standard for so many years ago.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Palm Restaurant - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)notable wine list (33)great for lunch (27)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (22)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Every time I we go there is awesome, service, food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionPalmsup0822Dined on 8/20/2014You can't beat the food and drinks at The Palm. It ain't intimate but it sure is fun. Cannot beat the lobsters!Special Features:
- Continued great experiencesCJT1970Dined on 8/17/2014We don't get to the Palm often enough, but when we do, we really enjoy the steaks, seafood, sides and salads. Great place to stop after a Rockies (Summer) or Avalanche (Winter) game. Had the Bone-in Filet this time! Great!Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/16/2014What a great meal! Our party of three enjoyed a 6 lb lobster for two and the buffalo steak. The food was fabulous and the lobster was a monster -- but extremely tender and tasty!Special Features:
- Lobster Fest!therealistVIPDined on 8/16/2014We took advantage of their summer lobster special which was delicious. Lobster was well cooked, cracked for us and served with melted butter. The atmosphere is very "clubby" with white tablecloths, dark booths and while the vibe is energetic it is not so loud that you can't hear your dinner partners. A few improvements could have been made on the sides - Caesar salad was perfectly dressed but was a bit wilted as if it had been tossed an hour earlier and Brussel sprouts were undercooked. Hash browns were excellent - crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. The Palm is a special occasion restaurant due to the price so I expect more out of them on the details. Worth going to for a lobster fix before the summer is over.Special Features:
- Nice Ambience, Good FoodLsk0334Dined on 8/16/2014We dropped into the Palm before catching a play at the Buell. Great location for everything downtown, and the menu/wine list is extensive. I split the 4 pound Nova Scotia lobster with my wife which was a very good deal. We got a salad and one side to share included in the price. I had the wedge salad which had a terrific flavor. Wife had the caesar which she loved..The brussel sprouts were a bit undercooked, but the lobster was wonderful. Way more than enough lobster meat. Service was good, and the giant piece of chocolate cake at the end more than fed 4 people.Special Features:
- It's The PalmMurphyDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I really enjoyed every course! A little higher priced than we would typically go for, but the food was wonderful and the service was great!Special Features:
- Lobster feastMarkDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I split the five pound lobster special. Ummm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch experience!Jacks1099Dined on 8/7/2014The Palm is an excellent place for a business lunch. Varied menu to satisfy everyone, great food, and excellent service. We were able to enjoy a relaxed lunch and get out in just over an hour. Power lunch special is a great deal but a lot of food; salads are excellent; and the daily special offers something unique.Special Features:
- Bone in filetPoolguydonDined on 8/5/2014My daughter took me to dinner with her boyfriend,I ordered the bone in filet and it was not worth the amount that was charged.The cut was not properly trimmed and was kind of tough.The kids ordered the large filet and that was very good,I order that cut of meat when ever available,Dels and Flemings is outstanding for that cut.
- Wonderful place to dine123eatDined on 8/4/2014The restaurant is clean and stylish. All staff was friendly, the particular service for a group of 20 was outstanding and the food was cooked to perfection!! I have been to this restaurant twice with two different large groups and both times were a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend it - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a business dinner.businessDined on 8/4/2014We were seated on time (according to our reservation). The noise level was quiet enough we could hear each other around the table. Our waiter Luis was prompt, polite and pleasant. We were taken care of very well.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014It's been many years since I had been to The Palm. My last memory was a fantastic one but unfortunately the best thing we received was service. The food was nothing fantastic and in my opinion not worth the price tag. I was very disappointed especially since I had talked up the restaurant on its food and atmosphere to our friends that joined us for the evening. I will say the service was great but the food - not so much.
- Not what it used to beFoodloverDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to the Palm for our anniversary. He had been in the past and I had never been. His swordfish was tough, my chilean seabass was cooked perfectly. My husband commented that it was not as clean and shiny as it was in the past and the wait staff were not as polished. I agree they looked rather sloppy in their poorly fitting beige Palm blazers. The female with longer hair should consider wearing their hair up off their shoulders where their hair is not moving close to food. I was apparent that the Palm used to be some place special to the diners with their caricatures on the wall but it is now kind of an "antique." We are not likely to go back.Special Features:
- DisappointmentBertDined on 7/12/2014After several positive experiences at the Palm, we were highly disappointed with the service and quality of food. For nearly $500.00 for 4 people, we expected more than a $12.00 for a bowl of tasteless mush (brussel sprouts), and a $47.00 filet that was overcooked and tasteless. Completely marginal. What we told our guests was the best restaurant in town prove us liars.
- AwesomeThegradDined on 7/9/2014I cannot remember our waitresses name but she was absolutly amazing. My aunt, sister and I are visiting denver on vacation and went to the palm to celebrate my little sister graduating high school. Our waitress was kind and made sure we had everything we needed without being annoying. And gave us a desert on the house to celebrate. It was a wonderful experiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmartin80016martinDined on 7/4/2014This is our favorite place in Denver. the Wait Staff is wonderful, the food is terrific. I would recommend The palm to everyone.Special Features:
- JillyDined on 7/4/2014I am a foodie and culinary school graduate/ The meal was wonderful and a gourmet's gastronmic delight. Service was impeccable and the vies were great for downtown dining. i definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner & fabulous serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014We took our friends for a birthday celebration. My friend and I had the lobster special and our husbands had the veal martini and veal parmesan. Everything was delicious. At the end of our dinner our server and staff sang Happy Birthday to my friend and brought her a lovely dessert. It was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "One Girl" Night Out at the PalmgoodfoodloverDined on 7/3/2014Many years ago, my husband and son, celebrated my husband's completing his MBA by driving to Chicago and dining at the Palm. The food and service was excellent; and we have always discussed returning someday to the Palm. This week, while attending the NEA RA in Denver, I was pleasantly surprised to find a Palm restaurant attached to my Westin hotel. I treated myself to an evening dining alone at the restaurant and the service and food were outstanding. Everyone, from the hostess to my waitress to the lady refilling my water glass, was super attentive; and from the lobster bisque to the tender filet to an ending of creme brulee, I couldn't have asked for a better meal. My son and husband were envious that they missed out on the experience.Special Features:
- Great experiencesteak4meDined on 6/30/2014We had a large group and they did a great job. Food was very good. Specials were excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodACampDined on 6/20/2014The food is always delicious. I enjoyed the Petit Filet this time. Plus salad and sides..... Key lime pie. It's always a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GREATKCDinerVIPDined on 6/19/2014From City to City, the Palm has never let us down. The steaks are great, but the seafood and sides are jus as goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014My wife and I went to the Palm Restaurant for lunch. The soup was great as was the crab cakes. However, their lunch special for the day was "chicken fired steak" which absolutely is NOT their specialty. Not the worst I've ever had, but certainly far from the best and it didn't make me want to come back and try it again any time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best lobster and always funFoodCriticVIPDined on 6/15/2014Palm is known for lobster - and it really is the best anywhere not in New England, but the rest of the menu there is worth exploring as well. Salads, veal, bison ribeye, great desserts. All in all a consistent winner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayDavid1415Dined on 6/7/2014I told the restaurant in advance it was my wife birthday. they acknowledge it when we arrived. But, no piece of cake or candle was offered at desert time. only menu for me to order a desert. Bill was over $200 I thought that was tacky.Special Features:
- ExcellentBudsDined on 6/1/2014One of the best meals and great service. I highly recommend if entertaining for business or a nice place to take a special friend.Special Features:
- MorelesDined on 6/1/2014Hash browns came out burnt. sent back 2 steaks out of 4. One well done ordered medium. Other ordered medium came out very raw. Manager did take care of but was not good experience We love the Palm in San AntonioSpecial Features:
- So soSchultz132VIPDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I went there for a late night after event snack and glass of wine. The waiter was snooty and my husband thought his shrimp app was not cooked properly or the shrimp was bad. Not my favorite visit.Special Features:
- TammyDined on 5/23/2014Our dinner at The Palm was outstanding. What a nice treat for dinner.Special Features:
- nice experiencenydollDined on 5/13/2014Enjoyed food although clams oreganta should have been cooked more. Knowlegable and super nice waiter named Nathan. It was a nice meal but not extraordinary. Prices high and was expected like all other high end steakhouses.Special Features:
- BillDined on 5/11/2014A dining experience worth remembering. The service was superb.Special Features:
- The PalmMurphy1Dined on 5/10/2014Every time I have been at this restaurant I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. Great wine, food, desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Everything we ate at the Palm from bacon-wrapped scallops to our filet mignon was amazing! I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Always deliciousGalacticHeroDined on 5/9/2014A friend was flying in from from New York to see a show with us (yes, flying -from- NY to DEN for a show!) The Palm is conveniently places just a shuttle ride from the Paramount and we've never been disappointed in the meals there. This was no exceptions. The steaks were a wonder as usual and the Caesar salad top notch.Special Features:
- You can count on the PalmSatisfiedVIPDined on 5/2/2014The Palm doesn't vary in the quality of food served or the service. You can always count on this being true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1291 reviews are from the Palm Restaurant - Denver reviews archive.
- Above & Beyond!MichellePDined on 4/29/2014When our dinner group expanded from 8 to 18, the staff at Palm - Denver went out of their way to accommodate our party, placing us in a private dining room. This allowed us to easily converse with one another and added to what we already knew would be a great dining experience. From the private events manager, Wendy, to our head server, Ali, the level of service was outstanding!! Thank you for making this important business event for us one that we and our clients thoroughly enjoyed!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2014Service was not good. Reserved a table a month in advance and was given a terrible table. Asked to move and was told they were busy and made me and my guests feel like we were inconveniencing them. Meals came at same time as soups and salads. Was told "sorry these all came out at the same time - we're really busy" and they left it all. Server was not friendly acted like he just wanted to turn the table. Not great dining experience.
- Fabulous eveningSusanDined on 4/25/2014The food is unbelievably expensive, but incredibly delicious. Our superb server, Scott, was so great, knowledgable, and helpful The atmosphere is very urbàn, comfortable and fun. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Another great visit to the PalmCJT1970Dined on 4/20/2014We eat here regularly and always enjoy our meals at the Palm (Denver and other locations). The staff is always friendly and definitely within walking distance from events around the downtown area (Cultural, Sports, Conventions).I would recommend this to a friend.