Palm Restaurant - Dallas
701 Ross Avenue
Dallas, TX 75202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Dallas
- Phone: (214) 698-0470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andreas Kotsifos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Dallas
The Palm Restaurant in Dallas is quintessentially Palm and quintessentially Dallas. From caricatures on our wall of famous Palm regulars to the depicted Dallas Cowboy greats, you cannot find a better combination of smooth New York Steakhouse style and Dallas charm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palm Restaurant - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (22)romantic (17)good for groups (15)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- LeftyVIPDined on 11/21/2014Great Lunch. Always has been.....................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnODined on 11/12/2014The food and ambiance were excellent. The service team were very focused on our needs, and provided a great setting for an important client dinner. Suggestions were supplied that were very good, and our client felt like it was a special occasion. Next time I am in Dallas, I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bill57kathyVIPDined on 11/3/2014Lunch was excellent and the food superb. Server Lacy was attentive but not disruptive in that she would wait until a lull in the conversation to see if we needed anything. She was outstanding !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014I have eaten at many Palm restaurants and I can say this was my least most favorite visit. First the waiter, thought he was a comedian which he wasn't and the steak was cold and not cooked to my desired request. The staff was more interested in standing around talking together then attending to patronsSpecial Features:
- My Favorite Restaurant in the WorldTomPettyfanDined on 10/27/2014I have been in the U.S. Navy, have eaten at fine restaurants all over the world and in this country, The Palm is my favorite. I just had dinner there in Dallas on October 27, 2014, it was fantastic. Not an inexpensive place, but worth every penney.Special Features:
- AwesomedodieDined on 10/15/2014Had a great experience..work staff service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014This is a very nice restaurant for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fantastic/Service nothenryvVIPDined on 10/11/2014Ordered Lobster bisque, wedge salad, filet with creamed spinach and potatoes au gratin. The service was terribly slow on a night that was busy, but certainly not full. Cocktails took forever to even order, and dinner took even longer. It came in a reasonable amount of time. The salad was unusual for a wedge but still tasty. creamed spinach was great. Potatoes au gratin was nothing special at all. Bypass that one. Bisque was unbelievable. PRO TIP: Upon running out of the small (9-oz) filet on a Saturday at 7:15, we were offered the upsell of the large (14 oz). Much too large, so the wife and I split that and had more than enough (at 7 oz per steak). So we saved $50. For this kind of money spent on dining, I demand much better service.Special Features:
- Lunchbill57kathyVIPDined on 10/9/2014Lunch was fantastic and server was timely in not interrupting conversations but waiting until the thought was finished before asking if anything was needed. This is one of my favorite restaurants and I am always impressed with the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palm Restaurant of Dallas,TexasPalm2014Dined on 10/4/2014This is our second experience at The Palm-Dallas. The service is great......... And the location is excellent......We were at to walk out after dinner and go hang out with a lot of Houston Texan fans who were all in town for the Dallas Cowboys vs. Houston Texan game at AT&T stadium.The food was great it was on time the service was outstanding If I was to say anything that they need to improve on at The Palm Restaurant Dallas is that the bread they serve prior to eating needs to be upgraded. The bread ,It is too plain , it was cold. And the choices aren't very good. I recommend that they serve some warm, soft bread . If they do that. It'll make the experience of dining that much better. But other than that. It's always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A ChangeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Really Surprised at the change in Service and customer appreciation versus past--837Member---picture on wall---once our favorite place.Special Features:
- Best Prime ribJoePDined on 9/6/2014If you like prime rib this is the place to go. Perfectly cooked and huge. Atomic horseradish to light up you mouth. Really who could ask for more. Of course the expected five star service throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, easy to get in.OmylilgreenturtleDined on 9/4/2014What I remember as a great dining experience in former years on trips to Dallas is still okay. Service was attentive. Steak not cooked to order, and atmosphere seemed slow-maybe because it was a Thursday night. I expected a little more attention and inventiveness to the special(s)- lobster and steak. All together it was a comfortable evening, just not mindblowing like I remember.
- Huge Fan of the PalmHoustonKidDined on 9/3/2014Began frequenting the Palm in Houston in the 80s. Moving to Dallas in the late 80s I began coming to the Palm in Dallas. Always pleased with the all around experience of both restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!HappyeatingDined on 8/30/2014What can I say? Food here is always fabulous. No better place for lobster, unless you happen to be in Maine. Steaks fabulous. Sides superb. Excellent caprese with real buffalo mozzarella. Great Caesar dressing (I always ask for extra on side). Classy ambiance and service without being stuffy. Can feel comfortable dressed up or in jeans.Special Features:
- ordered lobster and prime ribluvtoeatoutDined on 8/30/2014lobster great-prime rib was extremely chewy, no flavor. Ordered dessert-creme brulee was soupy and chocolate cake was mushy. Left restaurant with an over $240 bill before tip (no cocktails) and went home to eat. With all the great restaurants in Dallas we will go somewhere else in the future.
- Lobster NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We love The Palm! We were lucky enough to be in Dallas during their Lobster Special. Always prepared perfectly! We split a 4 lb. lobster. So much fun and so good. Great wine and great friends. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- VERY Disappointed This NightDisappointedinTulsaDined on 8/29/2014We ALWAYS eat at The Palm (at least one night of our stay) when we are in Dallas. So much so, that I elected to join their "837 Club" for frequent diners. After our experience on 8/29/14, I'm highly considering requesting a refund on that membership. Poor service by the waitstaff AND manager on duty, my steak was cold and the "recook" was well under-cooked (was ordered medium rare), the manager had such a flippant attitude toward the whole situation that I took the time to speak with her personally on my way out...she still had an attitude at that time. Coming from a restaurant management background myself, I NEVER let a customer leave without making things right, whatever that took...Lauren (mgr) acted as if she could have cared less.Special Features:
- Service surpasses foodOtterDinerDined on 8/28/2014The waitstaff is amazing. The food, on the other hand, was just okay. We did the lobster special for my husband's birthday and it was just not at all impressive. Texture of the lobster was not flaky, but rather a bit gelatinous. The drawn butter did not seem to have any flavor, just warm and oily. The spinach side dish and lobster bisque were the saving grace of the evening. Note that if you can't finish the generous serving of the spinach, take it home and whip it into your eggs the next morning for an amazing dish!
- Birthday DinnerpikieterDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I went to the Palm to celebrate my 62 birthday. I have not been to the Palm since the late 80s in Houston. The service was impeccable as expected. We ordered the $99 4pound lobster for two. Presentation was lovely. The only problem was that the lobster was overcooked and tough. I don't know if this is a one-time problem or a continuing problem, but the table next to us didn't look burned like ours did. I remember the tails I used to get in Houston and was expecting the same. I was disappointed to say the least.Special Features:
- ReviewDiningReviewsDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant was very clean and the wait staff was very helfull and on top of things like keeping the water glasses filled.aSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lobster DinnerPlanoMikeDined on 8/23/2014We went for the 4# Lobster special and were not disappointed. It came with a great Caesar salad and a wheelbarrow full of Brussell Sprouts. The lobster was split perfectly and the server took the claw meat out for us. The service was excellent. The bread plate was good, though we ate only a few slices as the lobster was going to need a lot of room. The Key-Lime pie was very good as were the coffees. This may not be an inexpensive place, you get what you pay for even with a special, but it was well worth it.Special Features:
- Standards never change!Thanasi70Dined on 8/22/2014The Palm is a very impressive "Special Occasion" destination. Their professionalism along with attention to detail makes this a real favorite!Special Features:
- DinerDined on 8/22/2014Dining at the Palm is always excellent in every aspect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was first classLive4foodVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were attended to by a charming young lady who made sure we did not lack anything, and allowed 2 hrs of vibrant conversation. We did not challenge the kitchen, but the lunch salads were great.Special Features:
- PatDDined on 8/21/2014Food good Service slow They were overwhelmed trying to service too many large groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnieDined on 8/20/2014Grxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxeat value,food wonderful,Service top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreggVIPDined on 8/15/2014Once there was a great rest in the west end called the Palm but sorry to say no more. We arrived early for our res and asked to wait at the bar which was full and tried to sit at the counter which was full OF dirty dishes. Asking for them to be cleaned got us a dirty look. Sitting down the barstool was broken. Finally being seated the server immediately tried to tell us of specials or order, not very professional. When our 4 lb lobsters arrived they were over crooked. The palm has not been good since Al and Brian left. RIP PALM
- I go for the lobster special!lovetoeatgoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014I drive over to Dallas from Fort Worth to get my 4-6 pound lobster in the summer. The specials are fabulous and food alwAys good. The service this time was a little slow but there was a private party we were told that was seated at the same time. We keep going back and can't wait for my next lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 8/11/2014The portion sizes at this restaurant are ridiculous. My husband and I split a salad and I ordered an appetizer as an entree, and it was still too much. They also use way too much fat in their food preparation. The food tasted okay, but nothing extraordinary, which it should be for the prices. I think they charged us extra because we split a salad, which is especially annoying since we bought a $147 bottle of wine. We won't be back.
- 18th anniversary blissDallasdinerDined on 8/9/2014Great service, great food. With our reservation we had of course no problem getting a table, but the restaurant soon filled up completely but service and quality never suffered. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to be backTXMuleskinnerDined on 8/2/2014imagine my surprise when arriving and being met by the new manager. wow have things changed for the better. my waiter is one of the best. The Prime Rib was outstanding. Am looking forward to the changes being made to truly enjoy 'The Palm experience'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress needs some trainingDaveDined on 8/2/2014Food very good - secondary wait staff great ( water / bread / dishes). First time in dozen occasions that I was disappointed in our waitress - not up to speed on menu items / specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palm nails itsharonVIPDined on 8/1/2014The lobster special was plentiful and succulent. The salads were spot on. Brussel sprouts -- yum. And the service was impeccable and friendly. An over all great eveningSpecial Features:
- All that one can ask....BobbymcDined on 7/31/2014We have made the Palm our special dining experience for our anniversary for several years now and will continue to do so. There aren't enough superlatives to cover our visits, the food, ambience and service.Special Features:
- The following 1035 reviews are from the Palm Restaurant - Dallas reviews archive.
- Long time FavOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/29/2014The Palm continues to deliver on all accounts. Great steaks and lobster. Friendly service and perfect cocktails. Over the years its be consistent in all categories. Recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Group = Big FunCaptainDined on 7/19/2014Our group of 10 went for the lobster special and it was great..............Special Features:
- DukeDined on 7/17/2014Best lobster dinner I have ever had. Service was excellent. I recommend highly to everyone.Special Features:
- Good for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/14/2014Met clients for lunch, food was very good and plentiful, not overly special in the uniqueness of presentation or selection. Manly with dark interiors and large portions. Nothing to complain about when you are taking men to lunch!
- The Palm Does Not DisappointDisappointedinTulsaDined on 7/12/2014When we know we will be in Dallas, we ALWAYS make reservations at The Palm. The steaks are always impeccable, the lobster bisque to-die-for and the service is superior (thank you April and Sammy!!). The only negative aspect of the entire meal was that we felt the Brussels sprouts were a bit undercooked for our liking, but that is just a personal preference. The carrot cake was rich and decadent and the cappuccino was the perfect way to top the meal. Overall a fantastic experience and we WILL be back soon.Special Features: